pamlady

ANSWERED:8 Dead Eggs

This is mostly me pleading for help because it's technically my own fault for not paying enough attention, but I got 8 eggs yesterday (all Halloween dragons, 2 of the new one) and added them to four view sites, which is what I always do.

This morning they've all died. Every last one. Considering they got 1,000 views each overnight, I'm not surprised so much as devastated. And I would really super much appreciate it if this could be undone. (Normally the eggs would only get a couple hundred views in this time frame, so I guess there were just a lot of people using the sites on Halloween.)

My page so this can be checked: https://dragcave.net/user/Pamlady

This really, really sucks, but I don't think it can be undone. Or at least it hasn't been when it happened in the past. It's never a good idea to add fresh eggs to hatcheries right away, especially irreplaceable ones like CB Halloweens. You're not the only one who lost theirs and my heart goes out to you. Make sure you keep a close eye on trade threads, the AP, and the Departures thread. Sometimes CBs pop up there :(

I have a CB Desipis hatchling you can have since you lost one. It's a male. I already have four, so I don't need it. Send me a PM if you want it!

Edited by The Dragoness

Damn it, I was hoping...sigh. Sucks that a bunch of others lost theirs, too. I just wasn't expecting this cause this has never happened before. I've never lost a dragon to views, let alone 8 at once, y'know?

Is it possible to revive dead eggs? Otherwise good luck for trading.

Not officially, but I'm sure the admins can do revivals or replacements in extreme situations. I was hoping my begging would be enough, lol.

This is why lots of people post warnings in the News threads to fog your holiday eggs if you can't watch them for awhile. Holiday eggs are notorious for getting sick *so* much easier because there are so many more users active for the holiday, so hatcheries are being used a lot more. It's horrible that this happened, but definitely stalk the AP for the next few days, there are still plenty of older Halloweens there and new Halloweens should be showing up in a couple days.

17 minutes ago, pamlady said:

"AP" is the abandoned area, right? If so, I'm totally on it. Don't have much hope, but I'm on it.

Yes, that's right. Good luck!

Even normal eggs I wait a day at least to add them to any view sites. Immediately adding them to sites after picking them up is risky business, they're very likely to get sick.

Yep, there were some folks who were grabbing and dumping to the AP all day on Halloween. They should be coming through before too long. And, while it's not a huge consolation, it looks like it'll be possible to get CBs again next year with that new Halloween Biome.

Oh yeah, I noticed that biome and was suddenly thrilled. That was a brilliant addition. And I didn't know people grabbed and dumped new eggs during the event, but it makes sense. As I'm on my computer all the time, I should start doing that, too. It sounds super helpful.

12 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Even normal eggs I wait a day at least to add them to any view sites. Immediately adding them to sites after picking them up is risky business, they're very likely to get sick.

This. I never put anything up there at more than 6 days. (5 when I incubate) - it's just too risky. And 4 at once - I've never tried that.

I used to do 3 at once, but sometimes one of the sites doesn't want to load for me so I grabbed a fourth. The eggs DO tend to get sick, at least one or two in a clutch, but they've never died from it (not even during the holidays), so this came as a major surprise. Lesson learned, though.

But what worries me is that TJ said it's much more difficult to viewbomb to kill now... and yet these died overnight, and viewbombers definitely would use more than just 4 hatcheries and overnight is whaat pretty much happens when they try... To me it looks like these died way too easly as for what he said...

Edited by VixenDra

I cliked on your scroll and thought it was my scroll and nearly died o.o

atleast you still have one?

I fog my eggs, and incubate them until they're ER, and only add them to 1 hatchery, to minimize risk of death

Stalk the AP, some people (such as myself) abandoned CB halloweens for late comers or people who forgot 

It is recommended to not add any brand new eggs to hatcheries, especially during high-traffic events.  During events, fansite traffic skyrockets because everyone wants the limited edition eggs.  It's too much views for brand new eggs to handle.

During events I usually use only one hatchery, and I only add them once they are 24 hours old.  I usually fog them during the first 24 hours in case someone gets vindictive.

I'm sorry this happened but at least you were able to hang onto one of the new eggs!  It's a hard lesson to learn.