Sunfeathers

Hatchlings going to back of AP

So I was participating in the hatch AP Halloweens thread when I noticed that none of the hatchlings that I put back into the AP appeared to be showing up. It could just be poor timing on my part, but I checked this with several hatchlings and I saw none of them. In fact, I have not seen any hatchlings at all, even though they normally show up at the front. I was wondering if anyone else has seen any AP hatchlings or if hatchlings just go to the back now.

I haven't been watching the AP, but my best guess would be that hatchlings are picked up so fast that by the time you finish the abandoning the hatchling is already gone before you can get the AP opened up to check. The only way I can think of to check would be to coordinate with someone to watch the AP for you while you abandon hatchlings to see if they see them arrive. When I see hatchlings on the AP, they vanish before the page finishes loading.

Edited by raindear

If you abandon a newly hatched dragon it will go to the end of the backlog due to its timer is now 7d 0h.

Hachties don't show on the first spot of the AP but between the eggs with the same time left.

Maybe something has changed, but I thought it used to be that you couldn't see your own abandoned dragons in the AP unless someone grabbed it and re-abandoned it? I *know* that used to be a thing, has that changed?

I actually managed to pick up a CB desipis that hatched as I clicked it, but that had to be abandoned days ago!  I have seen 2 hatchies on the AP, and yes their times to live were in line with the eggs out at the time

20 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Maybe something has changed, but I thought it used to be that you couldn't see your own abandoned dragons in the AP unless someone grabbed it and re-abandoned it? I *know* that used to be a thing, has that changed?

You can see self-bred things in the AP now. You just can't catch them unless another user has acquired and subsequently abandoned them. It happens to me all the time.

Edited by Miral

Exactly. But why the hatchlings aren't showing is that everything is AFAIK based on time left. So a new hatchie will be at 7 hours - and later in the queue than all those incuhatchable eggs.

Thanks for the answers everyone! The sorting by time left makes sense, although I'm pretty sure it'll mean that some hatchies grow up still in the AP.

There should be a wall of hatchies at the end of the Halloween drop just like there was one last year. 

That should be the case but with older hatchlings, when they grow up in the AP I think they go to the wilderness.

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

That should be the case but with older hatchlings, when they grow up in the AP I think they go to the wilderness.

They do indeed. I autoed one from the Europe project with a GREAT code, but it was a canopy; I put it in a hatchery, in the hope that - but no-one picked it up, and I couldn't - and it is now wild.

https://dragcave.net/view/FNKeL

*sob*

Edited by fuzzbucket

Hmmm. I always thought hatchlings went to the front of the line. Thanks everyone for the correction.