TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Yes, well, the hourly drop took 1 minute to load a biome, then I got to click on one egg (that was taken already), and now it's been first loading for 3 minutes to get back to the cave, then another three trying to open a biome, before saying "Bad Gateway". And now, 8 minutes past the hour, it loads splendidly. Too many people trying to catch for the poor server, I guess. I'll keep to the 5min drops.

Just now, alyelle said:

Are you getting the 502 bad gateway message? The site has been very laggy for me for several hours now, but in the last ten minutes, I've started getting that error on just about every page I try to load. isup.me also says it's "down" (though it often says that for sites that are up and slower than normal to respond to pings) so it's definitely not just you.

I am, and now I got to go to work. I might never even have a chance to get these eggs now. To make matters worse it's not even giving me the gateway error anymore but telling me something about privacy. Was the site hacked too?

Just now, UkyoKuonji2004 said:

I am, and now I got to go to work. I might never even have a chance to get these eggs now. To make matters worse it's not even giving me the gateway error anymore but telling me something about privacy. Was the site hacked too?

Nah, I wouldn't think so. Mine's started loading properly again now - could be just an error due to so many people being on at once. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get back on later to grab some eggs! I have a vague memory of the site being really slow to load last Halloween too, and then settling down after about 8 or so hours into the day.

8 minutes ago, alyelle said:

Nah, I wouldn't think so. Mine's started loading properly again now - could be just an error due to so many people being on at once. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get back on later to grab some eggs! I have a vague memory of the site being really slow to load last Halloween too, and then settling down after about 8 or so hours into the day.

I'm playing it on my phone now. Site works fine on my phone. Hopefully I get them before work.

EDIT: Well, through my phone I was able to get them all. Now I got to figure out why my computer is convinced that the site is insecure. But that will have to wait until after work, I'm gone.

Edited by UkyoKuonji2004

The eggs are crackingggggg

And a lot earlier than the regular releases', too.

Ufffff........

I could believe these guys are Lagmonsters right now - LagCave is no fun to play.  :( Caught one in one of the first drops without terrible difficulty, but have abandoned it to hunt for codes.  And I have some hatchies growing up or gendering for freezing later so I should have room for a few more then...

Fascinating egg, though - for some reason, they make me think of the Stephen King book The TommyKnockers.

hmmm..

there is some substance that is leaking from the crack going upwards?

Probably some sort of magic time fluid or reality warping fluid?

2 minutes ago, arjunvohra said:

hmmm..

there is some substance that is leaking from the crack going upwards?

Probably some sort of magic time fluid or reality warping fluid?

Maybe it's spores. Would be another classic. ;)

Happy halloween everyone! Be safe if you’re out and about, and have fun! Super excited for awesome looking dragons!

Baby is here!!!! Looks fascinating, to say the least.

My my, is that perhaps a Wyrm? I've been waiting for another kind ever since Xenos came out.

2 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

My my, is that perhaps a Wyrm? I've been waiting for another kind ever since Xenos came out.

Ikr, I would love a halloween wyrm, though the text about the flames covering the body is keeping me from being certain that it is indeed a wyrm.

Just about to go to bed, my current eggs have gaping holes in them but i'm far too tired to try and wait them out until they hatch to get this years dragons... Ahh well, i'm sure they'll be hatched when I wake up so I can get the new ones. *Knocks on wood* Anyways, I love how the eggs look like they're shattering... ;3; And the definitions on the first hatchling made me smirk, I like how it's like "Awe, it's a cute baby... Ugh... Dragon???" Gosh darn it person who cares for all these dragons, stop ASSUMING they're dragons because you might have this obsession problem causing you to steal all of them from their parents. Shame on you. You steal babies AND assume it's race. Tisk tisk. x'D

Took me a few moments to figure out which way its head was pointing!  Sure looks like a wyrm, though!  *crosses fingers*

seems to be a lindwurm to me,  i think the bumps below the head are not the chest but arms?

whatever it is, I think it'll look really nice with Carina dragons!

burny glitchy derg!!! looks amazing. anyone have a theory on their names? they sort between olive and pillow for me.

I got seven earlier this morning. In a few hours my last Pumpkin will hatch, so I can get an eigth egg and be done.

As I always aim to four CB pair of each breed, I am really glad we got the Platinum trophy this year so I won't have to worry about trading for an eigth Halloween egg ever again. :D

I had no problems with lagging, even caught all of mine on the phone as I was still in bed and didn't want to turn on the computer just then.

Cool new Halloweens!  The hatchies look like an Electro-storm cloud-style Wyrm.   Definately Wyrm.  But what about the "tree" stuff?  Maybe lightning hits a tree and the Wyrm is somehow related?

😈😱😈😱Happy Halloween!🎃👻🎃👻

I see them sorted between Olive and Paper.

It does look like there's something space-y or alien about them.:huh:

"orbit-", "outer"?

or if we're going down the Lovecraftian route then maybe "Orryx"? Certainly seems to fit the "pillar of white and purple flames" description.

Edited by Ripan

Happily egg-locked with 7, because I refuse to drop that CB Copper that came my way a few days ago. 

I love the new dragon! Looking forward to seeing the adult.

This was a fun event! Thanks to TJ and the spriters and all that helped make it happen. <3