TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

12 minutes ago, mpolo said:

Can I just say that zombie making on Halloween is totally not fun?

7 avoided my blade

4 disintegrated

1 revived as living dragon

1 revived as zombie

And with the lag, that took a long time… I guess I should just get used to the idea that I'm never going to have a complete set of zombies — at 1-2 per year (with my luck I don't dare try at other times -- then I get 5/5 disintegrated), it's just not going to happen.

Two things: firstly, there's a two week timer on kill. If you kill five dragons exactly two weeks before Halloween, and get your timing right, you can try for ten on the day. Do the first batch right after midnight, then when they expire later that day, you kill the other five.

Secondly... Well. I've been playing since 2009. You never know. If you play long enough, even at two a year, you'll get them all eventually.

Edited by Lurhstaap

another reminder to new comers. FOG your eggs before bed! view bombers have prowled holiday eggs before and players have awoken to a scroll full of dead new releases.

killed 5 more dragons, got one zombie :') 23 dragons, 3 revived, 5 turned *whichs so little why this* and i have one left to kill waiting to die later today owo welp, gotta stock back on those

sad though, at least i managed to get some cool codes from these new halloweens

Edited by Scarlet

Zombie making is never easy. My friend BSD got total failure this year. I only got one. That's exactly why it's such a rush when you succeed though. I'm cool with it.

Just now, Lurhstaap said:

Zombie making is never easy. My friend BSD got total failure this year. I only got one. That's exactly why it's such a rush when you succeed though. I'm cool with it.

true true it's a rush when you get it, but since it's halloween you kinda expect more turns, and even with so many dragons I had little luck :') gotta try at the end of every month too and not just once a year

didnt win the raffle either lol had no hopes for this

I had completely forgotten about creating zombie fodder and only managed to kill two spare-able dragons- one disintegrated and one became a zombie. I finally got my drake zombie though, so not that sad. x3

This year's Halloween eggs were pretty easy to catch: I got all six of mine in one drop(my last slot goes to a CB Marrow, haha). The codes and the egg look interesting. I'm guessing a mix of roots, tentacles, magic and maybe mummies? Can be bitten so not a two-head. I'm excited, I'm getting Root Abyss(Maple Story) feels from this. :D

i got 2 pygmy zombies, 2 hatchling dragon zombies, 1 ashes to ashes, and one avoidance. completely forgot there were new zombie types now, ill have to save up for next year. XD

2/5 Zombie/Undead dragon. Well, I hoped I will be so lucky and I will have 5 of them and I can name them after the members of Hollywood Undead  (because their newest album 'Five' is so amazing IMO) but nope, maybe next time. :'D

Happy Halloween!

I am still locked with bred eggs for a couple hours. But I'm going to grab some CBs for the AP before I pick up the new ones. Maybe do a little AP hatching ;)

2/5 Zombie hatchies. Got a normal one and and Amphi.

Edited by Vhale

ey seriously, Halloween AND night and 0/12 (!) zombie turns so far?! :( Glitched into thinking it's an ordinary and day or what? Gotta wait with the rest in case there's sth to get fixed...

I've been getting way better results on regular nights-_-

Looks at the codes of TJ's new eggs.. if the above is a part of the release then it's extremelly cruel... I was waiting a year to try for the worse cases like Kyanites from Forest (probably the last of the biomes they drop in) and Mageias...

Edited by VixenDra

Happy Halloween, DragonCave !

When I first opened the thread, and saw the logo and the eggs, I thought "Evil Cyborgs from Outer Space".

Reading the codes and taking a closer look I'd rather expect some tentacled monstrosity from outer space or "the depths of time", now. (probably both)

If it's as well done as the codes and the logo, the new dragon could be a homage to all the horrors lurking in the dark voids of space, mind and time that have been conjured up by different genres. Go for it !

(It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it would be interesting to see. So I'm really curious to find out which of the many variations of the theme it might be !)

Only one of my fodder dragons went zomb, but it was my first two-headed so I am happy with that! :)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Also those eggs look really interesting. I can't wait to see what they'll grow up as.

15 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

ey seriously, Halloween AND night and 0/12 (!) zombie turns so far?! :( Glitched into thinking it's an ordinary and day or what? Gotta wait with the rest in case there's sth to get fixed...

I've been getting way better results on regular nights-_-

Looks at the codes of TJ's new eggs.. if the above is a part of the release then it's extremelly cruel... I was waiting a year to try for the worse cases like Kyanites from Forest (probably the last of the biomes they drop in) and Mageias...

That's how randomness works. Even with better odds, it's still a dice roll. As an RPer I know all too well that whether it's a handful of D4s or D20s, sometimes every single one comes up a 1. It's definitely not a purposeful thing, given how successful other people have been this year, and I don't see why you thought it might be to start with? Aside from the question of what earthly reason TJ would have to do that, nothing suggests that in the OP to my eyes. Unless you're referring to the egg with the Glitch code? But if it were on purpose it... Wouldn't be a glitch. A glitch, by definition, is a mistake or accident. 

Oh man, I forgot zombies were a thing - oops? I did just realise, however, that this release marks my 200th breed collected, my 9 year anniversary of holiday catching, and my 25th event badge so... I can't be mad with myself really. XD

I cannot wait to see what these turn into, I love me some tentacled Lovecraftian horrors!

15 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

That's how randomness works. Even with better odds, it's still a dice roll. As an RPer I know all too well that whether it's a handful of D4s or D20s, sometimes every single one comes up a 1. It's definitely not a purposeful thing, given how successful other people have been this year,

Obviously, that is logically true. It doesn't comfort the people who always have bad luck with DC dice rolls — two years to get my first Guardian of Nature, joined before 2009 and I have like 5 zombies in total, maybe only four, actually. Ah well.

Err...Is the site down? The site is crashing so hard for me, and I got to go to work in a few minutes so this is particularly infuriating that I can't get onto the site...

Yeah, getting 502 Bad Gateway... It's back & apparently caught some of the ones that showed 'Bad Gateway'!

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Just now, UkyoKuonji2004 said:

Err...Is the site down? The site is crashing so hard for me, and I got to go to work in a few minutes so this is particularly infuriating that I can't get onto the site...

Are you getting the 502 bad gateway message? The site has been very laggy for me for several hours now, but in the last ten minutes, I've started getting that error on just about every page I try to load. isup.me also says it's "down" (though it often says that for sites that are up and slower than normal to respond to pings) so it's definitely not just you.