TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

44 minutes ago, Lyathali said:

maybe this has been brought up before, or it's the wrong place for it, but...

why don't Pumpkin Dragons have a pygmy egg, since, ya know... tiny punkin dragons?

They became pygmies as a later decision. They were first meant to be a normal Halloween breed.

Edited by Jazeki

Omen Wyrm!

Of course, why didn't I think of that. :P

They certainly sound intimidating, and it looks awesome but woah there sure is a lot going on.

Edited by Ripan

oh they look cool!

quit busy, but i like their horns

witchlights still remain my favourite though...

Edited by arjunvohra

I... ;; I want to love them. The colors, the concept, everything, but I just...

I can't really make heads or tails of the sprite. Maybe the female's will look more clear...?

Wow, so cool. It's hard to figure out their shape, though. They reminds me of "The Colour Out of Space", by Lovecraft.

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I... ;; I want to love them. The colors, the concept, everything, but I just...

I can't really make heads or tails of the sprite. Maybe the female's will look more clear...?

yeah, i agree

Holy **** those are gorgeous! :wub: Definitely a unique, creative Halloween breed. I am presently surprised. =3

What... what is this... :lol: 

I agree that it's a bit hard to see the dragon shape, but it looks very cool and it's a great concept!

*pokes TJ's female hatchie* Grow up, grow up, grow up...

"Their haunting cry—like that of a hollow-sounding horn—is a sure signal to run: it is always followed by the dragons’ furious wrath, which manifests in the form of fiery cascades. Escape from an Omen Wyrm is possible, however; it is said they will not dare follow their quarry across running water, no matter the cause of their vexation."

Eyy who else gets the reference? : DDDD

I love it! It took a minute of staring real close but I think I've got it figured out. It definately Wyrmed its way up my halloween list. Love the name too.

2 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

"Their haunting cry—like that of a hollow-sounding horn—is a sure signal to run: it is always followed by the dragons’ furious wrath, which manifests in the form of fiery cascades. Escape from an Omen Wyrm is possible, however; it is said they will not dare follow their quarry across running water, no matter the cause of their vexation."

Eyy who else gets the reference? : DDDD

I don't know if you're thinking of one specific, but I do know that there are several creatures in folklore from around the world who cannot cross running waters.

Wyrms!! They're lovely and are now among my favorite Halloween breeds. ^_^ Great work, spriters! Those flames are so neat.

3 minutes ago, Ripan said:

I don't know if you're thinking of one specific, but I do know that there are several creatures in folklore from around the world who cannot cross running waters.

I mean the reference as a whole, not just the water part. More like a game character but I'd love to hear about those myths as well, lol

Very cool fuzzy vortex dragons. These are going to be fun to name :3

I like them. The fact I can't make out heads nor tails only adds to their appeal o.o\

In the lineage view they look like multicolored balls of yarn....

Edited by natli

These were made by one of my absolute favorite spriters, so I've been dying to see what they looked like as adults. At first glance, I just sort of squinted and thought to myself, "Err, what...? What is it?" Then I blew up the page to get a better look. Once my eyes had a chance to take everything in and get a real feel for the anatomy and movement of the Wyrm, I'm actually pretty impressed.

I, too, had issues making stuff out until I zoomed in. Now that I've gotten it figured out, I can see the relevant details in the normal-sized version as well.

6 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

I mean the reference as a whole, not just the water part. More like a game character but I'd love to hear about those myths as well, lol

In short, generally ghosts and undead types of creatures (something to do with water being a life-related element, also holy water), vampires and witches/mages sometimes. The Nuckelavee of Scottish folklore is one specific example, and I'm pretty sure I recall a story of a Norwegian guy who escaped a Draugr by running like hell and leaping over a stream.

looks like a huge mess but i love it

honestly because it is a huge mess i think i like witchlights and desipises more still

Very, um, unique dragon.  My first impression was that I had no clue what I was looking at.  I know where the face is because of the horns, but honestly, the dragon is too busy for my tastes.  The long..whatever that is..extending from the side of the body...no clue what that's supposed to be.  Also, and I know it's probably just me, the dragon looks like it's in the process of giving birth to some kind of weird, evil caterpillar...  O_O  

5 minutes ago, Ripan said:

In short, generally ghosts and undead types of creatures (something to do with water being a life-related element, also holy water), vampires and witches/mages sometimes. The Nuckelavee of Scottish folklore is one specific example, and I'm pretty sure I recall a story of a Norwegian guy who escaped a Draugr by running like hell and leaping over a stream.

That's pretty cool : D Perhaps we have a bit of each reference used here.