TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Hmn! Cool dragon and great concept~

Would be very cool if they had a BSA  (like Aegis :rolleyes:) to enflame their bodies, and revert to normal more like the tree as the description says! Since it mentions their wrath and engulfing stuff in flames and all.

Edited by Nathair
But I am happy with just how they are too! Their flames remind me of the Carina's. Great job birdz and process!!!

The concept of Lovecraft-inspired Wyrms is great.  The color palette is great.  But unfortunately these sprites are too busy for me (and I am not the only one, according to what I read in the last pages). I wish it was easier to tell where the head is. Some variation in colors or shading for the head could have helped.

Most other DC dragons have a silhouette that can be recognized easily, even from a distance. Here I have a hard time telling where the head is, even after zooming in.

That being said, it is obvious that a lot of work went into these sprites and they are far better than what I could ever come up with. So thanks a lot to the artists for these dragons!

53 minutes ago, Jane113 said:

Actually, I think their messines makes sense in context. Many animals (some snakes included) make their head indistinguishable from tail, so enemy will have a hard time trying to decide which end is more dangerous/easy to attack. That combined with a natural camouflage crates a deadly combination.

And also lovecraft-inspired chaotic fiery wyrm is AWESOME.

sometimes art should take over reality =P while it make make sense in a natural sense for it, it makes for a very busy and complex sprite that's hard to make out without zooming in and squinting to try and pick out the details under all the chaotic colors

and while chaos is part of them, again, i think art should take priority XD a clean looking, recognizable sprite is what the majority of DC has, and i've seen lots of criticism in the dragon suggestions page on busy sprites and what not to do, and these seem to conflict with that =P

But congrats to the spriters on getting in cave, i like the idea and wyrms are always good to have more of

I love the fact that we have another wyrm species!

However, like others, I feel like the Sprite could have been improved :/

the Sprite itself is lovely!

however, at least according to me, it looks more like an alien rather than a dragon, that's why it feels so out of place in DC for me.

but who knows? I hated the Sini Kraii at first and now they're one of my favourite species, maybe these will grow on me :)

While I will admit the sprite is a little busy for my taste...I LOVE the colors, concept, and the fact that this is a bit 'untraditional' in the ways of a Holiday dragon...So huge props to TJ and all the Spriters!

Course, now I'm trying to decide just what to breed with - maybe a whole line of Wyrms...

@ people wishing there was concept art... there is breed concept art, I'm just not home so I can't post it right now since I have no access to it.

Whenever I get back to my computer I will post it. By this point you guys should know that drawing stuff for breeds like this is kind of a thing I always do. ;P

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

sometimes art should take over reality =P while it make make sense in a natural sense for it, it makes for a very busy and complex sprite that's hard to make out without zooming in and squinting to try and pick out the details under all the chaotic colors

and while chaos is part of them, again, i think art should take priority XD a clean looking, recognizable sprite is what the majority of DC has, and i've seen lots of criticism in the dragon suggestions page on busy sprites and what not to do, and these seem to conflict with that =P

But congrats to the spriters on getting in cave, i like the idea and wyrms are always good to have more of

I have to admit that you have a point :) Just hope that  if the spriters will rework Omens (not saying it will happen, just if ) , they'll still leave current version available as alt or smth. Guess I just like overdetalised stuff, especially when it heavy and busy. 

Edited by Jane113

I -love- the new Omens. They're gorgeous! Definitely one of my new favorites.

The female's pose is growing on me more as I look at her. I do hope they'll be tons of fun lineages around these guys to pick up next Halloween! And of course congrats to Process and birdz~

Wow these dragons are really cool! I was already pretty stoked seeing the alien looking egg, and then Tj's codes, and the hatching sequence after that. Everything about this dragon is so unique and I love it! Thank you spriters for such an interesting dragon!

The new dragons are great and making them wyrms was wonderful, we needed more wyrms (and we still do) and these have a really cool design.

Although I was kinda expecting eldritch themed dragons with the codes and all.

I feel like the sprites look like they're headbanging to metal music and I adoooooore that about them, it makes me smile every time I imagine it.

58 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

@ people wishing there was concept art... there is breed concept art, I'm just not home so I can't post it right now since I have no access to it.

Whenever I get back to my computer I will post it. By this point you guys should know that drawing stuff for breeds like this is kind of a thing I always do. ;P

*Waits eagerly for it* :3

Yeah, I also would not have been able to figure out what I was looking at without zooming in, but once I realized where the heads were, the sprites made a lot more sense.  Still, I think the heads (especially on the female) seem a little small for their bodies, and the male is still a little disorienting to look at (the black horns on the back of the head also look vaguely like a head, and the pattern on his neck just below the head also looks kind of like a skull).  The colors and texture are fab, though.

This has been an awesome holiday!  My first DC Halloween, and I managed to collect a pair of every breed, even with only my five egg slots. <3  This has been amazing, thanks everyone!

Omens are starting to pop into the AP. I searched back several pages for giftees and it looks like everyone with a visible scroll has been taken care of. There was even a set of influenced M/F hatchies on teh gifting thread in trading that had been there for 3 hours. So if there's anyone left that missed out on eggs, make yourselves known in the relevant threads! Or go to the AP and try your luck!

I couldn't figure out what was this Halloween's dragon. It looks either a spaceship or a painting, I'm not sure.XD

It's very busy, I think the head must be highlighted because I can't figure out where it is.

Oml! Those adults! :wub: there r no words, except I must catch MOAR!!!!