BatPopsicle

ANSWERED:Not getting any candy from Trick or Treat visitors

On the collect candy page it says when we trick or treat the other person we visit gets candy also. Has anyone noticed that they aren't getting any candy from visitors? I have 21 pieces of candy and 30 dragons that I visited....and I spent 9 on HP costumes. If I am correct, that means I earned all that candy. It just seems weird that no one has visited me yet. Any info would be helpful and tia. :)

It just means that you haven't been rolled as someone's recipient. I'd imagine that it's pretty common, given the size of the userbase (I don't have any dragons I haven't personally visited myself!).

There were 2 when I started (so I kind of started out with 3 candies after the first visit). Afterwards, there is nothing whom I didn't actively send my hatchling to.

Given the size of the (active) userbase and the fact that the dragons I see are all dressed up, I would think it'd be much more common to have been visited than it appears to be now: no visits at all.

It"s the same text whether YOU visited them or the other way around. If you haven't been on for 30 hours some of them WILL be from visitors.

For example I noticed more candy after each night of sleep than when I went to bed ;)

Edited by herk

I got one piece of candy while I was asleep from a visitor so it's random

I got 5 pieces from random visitors on the first night, 2 on the second, and I haven't had any since. I wouldn't be surprised if it specifically targets people that haven't been visited much, yet.

I'm sure it's going to be normal for some users to not get any extra visitors at all, given the large amount of users participating and the supposed randomness of the visiting. I was apparently visited twice the first day, as I got two extra candies, but nothing since then.

It's worth noting that dragons that visit you are also added to the page, not just ones that you've visited. The number of hatchlings and overall pieces of candy you've collected will always be the same, assuming that it can't match the any two users more than once.

I don't think I've had any random visitors since the first night, but I've visited over thirty so far, so it's not like I'm short on candy or anything. :T

I actually have no idea how I can CHOOSE to visit someone ?

14 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

I actually have no idea how I can CHOOSE to visit someone ?

You can't CHOOSE to visit a selected person. You just click on get candy and it takes you to a random person's little hatchie, which you apparently exchange candy with, and that is it.

Edited to add that they all must be active scrolls because they have picked a hatchie to use, but some have not yet dressed them up. I have a Cavern Lurker and a Caligene that are in my collection that are still au naturale.

Edited by purplehaze

Oh - right. Thanks. I came late to the party, see, and haven't been able to read the whole thread and so on. Thanks heaps.

I remember that the first day I got some visitors; maybe due to the fact not so many people had already chosen a hatchling? Then, I think I got no candy from visitors anymore.

Sadly, that system means that some people do not need to go on visit at all; especially and specifically if it is true that rarely-visited users are the preferred choice for the visit-randomizer. If I get that right, that is?

I also have not had any visitors at all lately. Which sucks cuz I was really hoping to get all the outfits. >_<

Get candy and you get visitors.... seems to work for me...