TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

If I'd been paying more attention, I would have set up properly to expand my zombie collection. :P Maybe next year.

At least I was able to get all the costumes I wanted, even if I can't use them all! The dress-up was fun.

@AkasakiIf there are enough people who ask for it and give good arguments as to why the cave should drop Vampires, TJ might change his mind for next year. There's no knowing for sure, but he's certainly changed his mind about things before. The place for that conversation would probably be the Suggestions forum, though. (That said, as far as I know we don't even have 100% confirmation that past CB Halloweens will be dropping next year at all.)

Edit: Not that we can't talk about it here, people certainly have been, TJ just isn't necessarily reading the thread.

Edited by songwithnosoul

@songwithnosoul Yeah... I was too late this year XD I thought it would be like always... so I didn't quite get the chance, to catch caveborns :o But yeah~ Hope. For both... *laugh* I just thought, maybe there was an answer somewhere, that I did not find :D Too bad if not... But hope dies last~

Edited by Akasaki

I got a normal western zombie and a pygmy zombie this year, neat! This years event was so much fun and I can’t wait to see what the hallowyrms look like all grown up

I have my hatchie dressed in a bit of each day's selection. The dress-up has been lots of fun!

I have still not seen a Pumpkin while Trick or Treating, though, and only have one more chance before midnight. :(

Thanks again to TJ and to all the artists, writers, and planners and everyone who had anything to do with giving us this event. I think it was the most enjoyable Halloween ever.

And another big thanks to TJ for giving us the Halloween biome with the CBs of dragons past! I loaded up with a lot of them even though it meant putting a lot of breeding off until next year.

2 hours ago, Torkie10 said:

If I'd been paying more attention, I would have set up properly to expand my zombie collection. :P Maybe next year.

This is me for three years straight. XD May be one day...

The hatchling trick-or-treating was fantastic! Thank you everyone who set up this event. All the costume choices were gorgeous, and it was a lot of fun peeking at what everyone has come up with for their costumes. Really hoping the hatchling would remain saved under that badge and can be re-visited after the event is over :)

Edited by Yhme

2 hours ago, Akasaki said:

I heard that there aren't any vampire-eggs this year... Is there hope for next year...? I'd really love to get a "starter" :o

vampires can be made anytime of the year, thats why they arnt popping up.

i can make you one as soon as my new Halloweens hatch and i get slots open. =]

i wanted to make some, but i needed to keep slots ready and the ap only had er eggs. ER eggs you cant change.

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

vampires can be made anytime of the year, thats why they arnt popping up.

i can make you one as soon as my new Halloweens hatch and i get slots open. =]

i wanted to make some, but i needed to keep slots ready and the ap only had er eggs. ER eggs you cant change.

No, thanks, really :) I already have some. Just no "starter". "Starter" as in "the beginning of a biting-lineage" :D I always wanted one though >< Or can one "start" a lineage, as long as one "kills" the biter...? Hm... I would have thought, that the "bitten by" link would then just show a "dead" dragon or something...? I never tried though :huh:

So yeah: I do have vampires, just no "starter". "Born" instead of "bitten" ;P

Ack, zombie attempts!! Almost forgot!!

It took most of the day, but I finally got all the Halloween costumes. I'm quite proud of my hatchling's costume.

Just now, Akasaki said:

No, thanks, really :) I already have some. Just no "starter". "Starter" as in "the beginning of a biting-lineage" :D I always wanted one though >< Or can one "start" a lineage, as long as one "kills" the biter...? Hm... I would have thought, that the "bitten by" link would then just show a "dead" dragon or something...? I never tried though :huh:

So yeah: I do have vampires, just no "starter". "Born" instead of "bitten" ;P

ah. and no, speaking as someone whos tried. i think it still says bitten by (code) even if they're gone and you can look at the tombstone. id love to have a starter vamp too to recreate my Dracula family linage. =]

Thank you to all who made this Halloween event possible.  I enjoyed it more than I have any other event in quite awhile.  It appeals to my likes as did the Snow Fort and cave  with a pool event where we collected items.  I don't do well traipsing all over the site trying to find items or people as we have been doing a lot lately.  So I am very happy with this event.  Thanks to all of you.

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

ah. and no, speaking as someone whos tried. i think it still says bitten by (code) even if they're gone and you can look at the tombstone. id love to have a starter vamp too to recreate my Dracula family linage. =]

Right? I only saw the "Halloween-Cave" today, as I wanted to catch the new eggs... And then was all happy, all in for catching a vamp-egg... but... that happiness was shortlived XD

Well. At least I do not need to try anymore. Only hope is still next year I guess... *sigh*

I ended up with a Potter Pirate Knight pumpkin hatchie 92 visits, and 56 candies.   And I enjoyed it all a lot.  Thanks again.

I managed to get to 92 hatchlings as well.

My Marrow and I visited:

8 Pumpkins

3 Black Marrows

13 Shadow Walkers

18 Cavern Lurkers

24 Graves

15 Desipis

5 Caligenes

6 Witchlights

and collected 50 candies that have not been used to buy outfits.

Somehow I ended up with more Caligenes that Marrows...

This was a really fun event. :D

Edited by Enuescaris

It's completely empty for me too. My kids & I have trying for the last 20 minutes and just getting the message that there's no eggs. Really upset. I remembered about the event late and we were all  waiting on a couple things to hatch, but now can't get any eggs.

Edit: Another drop (they were every 5 minutes, right?) another empty cave. Guess that's it since it ends in 3 minutes I think.

Edited by Skyal

I used the white and green as my final costume

Cute witchlight 6.png

I want to own that robe thing as a longcoat, not too long but long enough to keep my legs warm, it looks so pretty!

Edited by blockEdragon

6 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

If your scroll name is the same as your forum name, then you have a gold trophy, which means a limit of 7 eggs.

Huh, I thought it was 8 for gold.

1 minute ago, Moondragon007 said:

Huh, I thought it was 8 for gold.

No, that's the next level, platinum, which you get at 1000 dragons.

This was a great event, thank you TJ and spriters!

I loved dressing up the hatchling, and I named my new CB Marrow after my TOT hatchling - whose name I spontaneously made up in like 10 seconds just to post it on the forum, but then it sort of stuck. :lol:

I'm also super happy about finally having CB Pumpkins. I only got two (m + f), and I hope I can get another pair next year, but even if this holiday miracle was a one-time thing, it's still awesome. ^^

(Okay, I'm really really really hoping we can also get old X-mas and Valentine CBs in a few months...)

Now I can't wait to see those new Holiday dragons. I made sure to have egg 8 slots free to get four pairs without stressing out about trading or catching more on the AP. I've been wishing for an 8th egg slot for years, and I'm very grateful for this DC birthday gift we got this year. :D