TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

How would I clear the cache for my iPad?

6 minutes ago, Cecona said:

How would I clear the cache for my iPad?

Hm.

Does your browser have a history you can touch/click on? I never had a iPad, just a kindle fire and the Silk browser has a trash can on it's history page that I can touch to clear everything.

Edit:

@jewel21 You are welcome!

Edited by Lady Dragoon

4 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Hm.

Does your browser have a history you can touch/click on? I never had a iPad, just a kindle fire and the Silk browser has a trash can on it's history page that I can touch to clear everything.

Edit:

@jewel21 You are welcome!

Ah it worked! Thanks.

Just now, Cecona said:

Ah it worked! Thanks.

Yay!!

You are welcome and enjoy being to dress up your hatchling again :D

It has definitely gotten easier to catch caveborns.  The only reason I was worried about it is they take about three days to hatch and I didn't want to have all my slots still taken up when the 31st gets here.  But I won't have to worry about that now.  My only other potential issue is whether I'll have the other three slots (I get two pairs of CB Halloweens) to do what else I want to do.  Couple zombie attempts and a vampire bite just so I can have ONE Vamp "laid" on Halloween.  We'll see.

Meanwhile, something has gone wonky with the costuming system.  I lost my Gryffindor costume and I am sad.  And when I go to buy a costume again the listings are all messed up.  Most of the "mannequins" aren't wearing anything.  Reluctant to attempt the system if I'm not sure it'll work.  Small issue, but still.

For some reason the mummy wings are still invisible... ah there they go. Apparently my hatchling thinks metal is tastier than candy

Edited by Cecona

Question, when did the mummy outfit become available? I went to bed around 4am DragonCave time and it wasn't available then, and I hadn't seen anyone saying anything about it up to that point. The pirate costumes were the midnight release this time, so... The mummies were just a random add, or what?

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

Question, when did the mummy outfit become available? I went to bed around 4am DragonCave time and it wasn't available then, and I hadn't seen anyone saying anything about it up to that point. The pirate costumes were the midnight release this time, so... The mummies were just a random add, or what?

I think they were a random add or were supposed to be added earlier

Well, went against my better judgement and locked myself with CB Marrows and Pumpkins x'D Though at least I can say I have CBs of those breeds now, which is a plus ^_^ Now my 1 concern is, since it's so close to the Halloween release, would I be able to hatch these in time (I have enough Pinks and Reds; never had to cut it this close with a holiday event/release before)? :unsure:

@FluffyPillow: A dragon can hatch when the timer of the egg reaches 4 days left. So if you caught them today that will be the 31st without, or the 30th with Red incubation. (with the correct use of hatchery/hatcheries - put them in there some time before they reach the 4 day mark, but not too long before that, so they don't get sick) Both options will let you gather the new Halloweens on the 31st. (Provided you are not scroll locked with to many hatchies, don't know what you have already and when it will grow up.)

Found all 50 Halloween Tricks and Treats! :D

I continue to be amazed at how the artists can make such tiny works of art! (y)

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the old halloweens return. It's a great opportunity to get some more CBs of the ones I had fewer of (yay marrows!), and I'm sure it must be even better for those who had missed some altogether. The separate biome has been working pretty great, it was quite competitive at first but everything is definitely catchable eventually. I really hope we'll see a similar system for other holidays, whether the limits remain as is or not.

1 minute ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@FluffyPillow: A dragon can hatch when the timer of the egg reaches 4 days left. So if you caught them today that will be the 31st without, or the 30th with Red incubation. (with the correct use of hatchery/hatcheries - put them in there some time before they reach the 4 day mark, but not too long before that, so they don't get sick) Both options will let you gather the new Halloweens on the 31st. (Provided you are not scroll locked with to many hatchies, don't know what you have already and when it will grow up.)

Thank you! :3 I was just worried I wouldn't be able to catch the new release in time and miss it, but knowing I'll be able to eases my worries^_^

Also, there's a thread in Site Discussion where people are talking about catching CBs of the new release on Halloween and dumping them to the AP, so people who can't be on on Halloween will have a chance to get them a little later. It seems a good handful of people do that every year, and sometimes there are a *lot* of new releases in the AP after Halloween is over. So if for some reason you aren't able to get those on Halloween proper, look in the AP in the following days.

I realized a few minutes ago that I needed to influence one of my Cavern Lurker eggs so I'd have an even number of males and females, but the egg was already past ER time, in multiple ER viewers, with a huge hole in it... I opened Influence as fast as possible and thank goodness I was able to get it done before the eggie hatched. That was a tense few seconds while the pages loaded though!

Went through my prior Halloween Dragons and got them all named up. Including some mates I'd lagged on. Whew.

Collected all 50 Trick-or-Treats :D

Still haven't seen a Witchlight hatchling though...

Easily my favorite event each year ^^ And I don't know how to express my joy over the return of previous Caveborns; what a nice treat, thank you so much! ~ ♥ Been really wanting some Caligenes and Desipises of my own :D And I just remembered to breed all of my steps and purebreds, so here's to hoping someone picks a few of them up.

Anyway, can't wait to see what this year's Halloween dragon is!

2 hours ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Yeah, I didn't find out about the CBs until after I egged lock myself with bred Halloween.

Oh man, if it shows up for Christmas I can finally get a CB holly! (And for valentines, I'm going to be drowning in Radiant Angel and Heartseekers... well some cbs of the other breed, but I want more Radiant Angel and Heartseekers lol) 

Ill tellu right now I'll be hunting for CB Wrapping Wings for sure. I inly grabbed one when they first released and to this day ive been kicking myself for it. Then again, while halloween dragons have no cb limit, the other holidays do.

...why is that anyway?

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Ill tellu right now I'll be hunting for CB Wrapping Wings for sure. I inly grabbed one when they first released and to this day ive been kicking myself for it. Then again, while halloween dragons have no cb limit, the other holidays do.

...why is that anyway?

TJ once said something along the lines of "because Halloween is about grabbing as many treats as you can while the other days are more about sharing the joy and the feeling". (Not an exact quote, mind you !)

And since Christmas and Valentine's are times you are supposed to spend with your loved ones, having a limit of CBs probably helps with that. Catch your two and be done with it. Everyone easily gets all they can get, no one is left out. No time spent online in a trading/hunting/gifting frenzy, more time for the real world. ;)

And it makes the respective holiday dragons more special, I guess. Like Christmas is supposed to be a special time of the year, and Valentine's is celebrating the special-ness of your sweetheart(s) and your relationship(s).

I'm completely happy with the limit, but I'd be over the moon with joy if we should get to collect the past CBs we don't already have. (My beloved Shadows were given to me, now if I could have CB Heartseekers as well... Dream come true.)

Yeah, I didn't find out about the CBs until after I egged lock myself with bred Halloween.

Oh man, if it shows up for Christmas I can finally get a CB holly! (And for valentines, I'm going to be drowning in Radiant Angel and Heartseekers... well some cbs of the other breed, but I want more Radiant Angel and Heartseekers lol) 

I can't agree more about the and radiant angels, they're just too lovely, and I will be all over the heartstealing dragons! And for Christmas I will be catching as many ribbon dancers and ageis as I can! (hopefully limits won't apply I can catch more ageis)

I hope limits are lifted, but if TJ really won't entirely lift them (despite that limits tend to just make people MORE stingy and less likely to give to others) then maybe 2 per year would work, but I'd still prefer just dropping the limits.

1 hour ago, GuesssWho said:

I think I see a Friend Computer treat

I love the d20!

(that's the purple isosehedron  with a 20 on it for non-gamers)

This is my witchlight hatchie currently:

Bh11x5r.png

A wizard pirate balerina.

Actually I changed the pants to brown since this picture was taken, but mostly the same.

Edit:  Something strange just happened, I backed out of buying a new outfit, and somehow had the red pirate set when I went to dress up my hatchling, but now most of the outfits are broken and won't show, or show the incorrect outfit.  What the...?

EDIT 2: a hard-refresh fixed it.  But...I still have the red pirate set without paying candy for it?  Something buggy there.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Once at my computer I’ll  take a picture of my adorable knife eating ballerina mummy pirate wizard