TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Just now, lincoln6echo said:

The only outfit working for me in the ghost one.

Try hard refresh Ctrl +  F5    Not sure how itworks on a Mac

Oh dear... This is probably the first time since... many years that I did not read the Announcement to an event. Wondered why so many people are trying to trade "CB" holidays and thought they probably were looking for people who were able to breed 2nd gens for them. Couple of minutes ago I caught a CB Grave in the AP. After a moment of confusion read TJs post here... Damn it.

Now I have my very first CB Pumpkin. Still have mixed feelings about this, though.

My dragon is wearing the wrong thing. It's wearing the green wizard hat, green scarf and the black ballerina shoes and yet when I click to dress it up, it shoes in the costumes that it's 'wearing' what I put it in yesterday. I've tried reset and I've tried refreshing, still shows the wrong things

Edited by Anaria

35 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

At the beginning of the event, apparently, all of the costumes were accidentally available. A few people were able to buy some of the ones that weren't supposed to come out until later in the week. So it has nothing to do with how many dragons you've encountered, just a few users lucked out and we'll see those costumes in the shop another day.

Personally, I'm probably going to stick with variations on the pirate theme for the rest of the event because I'm slightly obsessed with all things pirate. 

@fuzzbucket Do you have a Shadow Walker hatchie?

Yes :) Why ?

Oh right - just saw a few more posts,. But I have several Shadows who have visited me, and none of them has it. (Wait - they do now. I swear they didn't when I started. Oh well....)

OT - where were you at Valentine's when I needed you for our fab checkers ? :lol:

Edited by fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

Yes :) Why ?

Because the Shadow Walker is the only sprite with the pretty mist swirling around its knees.

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

See above XD

Those tricksy SWs :lol::ph34r:

ETA: I was on a lengthy hiatus (because kids) and missed a bunch of holidays and releases! I think I'm back now, though - the improved mobile site is making it WAY easier to parent and play.

Edited by LibbyLishly

My 2017 Caveborns are hatching and I now have 2000 Dragons plus 8 more growing!!!

Sweet, I now have at least two CBs of everything. If I got my timing right, things should start growing to adulthood just before Halloween, and the ones I'm trying to freeze should gender well before that. I hope that all my CBs gender properly! But either way I'm very very happy to have them at all, haha.

I'm really hoping the CBs come back for every holiday going forward, this is just so wonderful.

My dragon's costumes are all invisible except the ghost one (and somehow showed up wearing a costume I don't own yet) - how do I hard refresh on mobile to make them show up? ^^; (using a cellphone at the moment as our new computer crashed ^^; )

2 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

I hope that all my CBs gender properly! But either way I'm very very happy to have them at all, haha.

I

The best thing I ever did, as far as gendering and influencing goes, was to spend some time just breeding and raising 34 Pinks and 45 Reds and I've never had any probs with gendering guesswork since then...

Just now, Husky51 said:

The best thing I ever did, as far as gendering and influencing goes, was to spend some time just breeding and raising 34 Pinks and 45 Reds and I've never had any probs with gendering guesswork since then...

Oh I have plenty of Pinks and I influenced everything. There's always the tiniest chance things will buck influence, though it's never happened to me before now isn't the time to brag so loudly about that /superstitious that if I get too confident things will go to the dogs just to spite me, lol.

...I need to breed more Aeons, really. That way I can check everything.

I just now noticed the Halloween location on the map... ._. Are those eggs/breeds available next year as well (as CB's) or just this year? ^^; Had I known I would've grabbed some sooner but now I can't as I need every spot available for the new Halloween eggs (unless those are the ones - I feel like a newbie right now ^^; *headdesk*)

1 minute ago, FluffyPillow said:

I just now noticed the Halloween location on the map... ._. Are those eggs/breeds available next year as well (as CB's) or just this year? ^^; Had I known I would've grabbed some sooner but now I can't as I need every spot available for the new Halloween eggs (unless those are the ones - I feel like a newbie right now ^^; *headdesk*)

We don't know if this will happen next year, I'm sorry.

The Halloween eggs from this year won't show up until the night of Halloween, the midnight of the 30th going into the 31st and will be around for just one day, the 31st itself.

2 minutes ago, FluffyPillow said:

Youre not a newbie. The return of the CBs took everyone by surprise. Theyre a treat for everyone. The trick is trying to catch them. 

I feel very content and satisfied niw that I have cbs of all the halloween dragons. I hope this happens for christmas and valentines day too and becomes a recurring thing.

Ah, thank you both for the info! Hopefully I can catch athe least 2 pairs of CB Marrows then 😮

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Youre not a newbie. The return of the CBs took everyone by surprise. Theyre a treat for everyone. The trick is trying to catch them. 

I feel very content and satisfied niw that I have cbs of all the halloween dragons. I hope this happens for christmas and valentines day too and becomes a recurring thing.

Yeah, I didn't find out about the CBs until after I egged lock myself with bred Halloween.

Oh man, if it shows up for Christmas I can finally get a CB holly! (And for valentines, I'm going to be drowning in Radiant Angel and Heartseekers... well some cbs of the other breed, but I want more Radiant Angel and Heartseekers lol) 

1 hour ago, Solanatsea said:

Or it is a costume of one of the spriters that is not (yet) available for us commoners? ;)

1 hour ago, Zeditha said:

@Liontails

look at whose hatchling the knight costume is on, are they a spriter?

--

Definitely not a spriter. I checked and they joined only recently.

1 hour ago, LibbyLishly said:

At the beginning of the event, apparently, all of the costumes were accidentally available. A few people were able to buy some of the ones that weren't supposed to come out until later in the week. So it has nothing to do with how many dragons you've encountered, just a few users lucked out and we'll see those costumes in the shop another day.

Personally, I'm probably going to stick with variations on the pirate theme for the rest of the event because I'm slightly obsessed with all things pirate. 

Darn. Maybe tomorrow if we're lucky, they look pretty cool.

I think someone was trying to view bomb my cb pumpkins because I didn’t add them to a hatchery and they have over 1000 views. Thankfully I fogged them so they should get better.... I hope. Who ever is the person they need to grow up.

I have so many nekkid hatchlings! And invisible costumes. Tried a hard refresh on my phone but nothing's changed.

I pray this CB biome is recurring, I'm not nearly prepared enough for this event... I've still got to get at least one Marrow. Not super interested in Des or pumpkins as I am in the others

1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

There appears to be a glitch as my pirate is now a wizard.

You need to clear your history/cache, that should fix it.

Same thing happen to me and I had to clear my browser history and cookies

2 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

You need to clear your history/cache, that should fix it.

Same thing happen to me and I had to clear my browser history and cookies

Thank you. I did a hard refresh and that seems to have worked. I also just noticed I have a mummy costume available for purchase that wasn't there last night as well as a red pirate costume. So strange.