TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Ah okay. I didn't realize it hadn't been two days yet. I have sleep issues and my sleep schedule is always weird so... I'm not so good with the passage of time anymore! :wacko:

23 minutes ago, Cecona said:

I had recently used a few of my red dragons for other eggs before the event and now I don't have anymore able to incubate. I need more red dragons but I forget who my breeding pairs are.

There's a thread where you can ask people to incubate eggs and return the hatchies to you. I would offer, but I am locked.

I was hunting the Halloween biome for a second Pumpkin and spaz clicked on another Marrow instead. I'll keep that, since I love Marrows, but now I am locked and have to wait until somebody hatches! Of course in addition to the 2nd Pumpkin I now need to catch a mate for that 3rd Marrow, too.:wacko: I may never get around to hunting the AP. I did pick up three bred eggs and now have 5 CBs -- 3 Marrows, 1 Pumpkin, and a Caligene that I misclicked but couldn't abandon because it had a Z code. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Whom ever did the state of Texas AWESOME!

I thought that was Texas! 

Just now, Bigbite said:

thought that was Texas! 

Yep and it looks like Longhorn colors

2 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Yep and it looks like Longhorn colors

The person who did that treat confirmed that it was a Whataburger thing, i think. (Sorry if I misspelled that, that chain doesn't exist where I live)

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

The person who did that treat confirmed that it was a Whataburger thing, i think. (Sorry if I misspelled that, that chain doesn't exist where I live)

lol I forgot they have the same colors and yes it's Whataburger has great burgers too. They did an awesome job on it

I know this has been mentioned a lot already, however, I think someone dome f'd up the sickness thing. I have NEVER had eggs going on 4 days or less get sick. And now I have a dead CB Pumpkin and I'm pissed....

11 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

I know this has been mentioned a lot already, however, I think someone dome f'd up the sickness thing. I have NEVER had eggs going on 4 days or less get sick. And now I have a dead CB Pumpkin and I'm pissed....

I'm sorry to hear that your Pumpkin bab died, especially since they fly by so fast in the cave. Hopefully you can get a replacement. I'm not sure how yours got so sick though. I added my CB Pumpkins eggs to a bunch of high traffic hatcheries a few hours ago and both are still alive. They're at just under 4 days and 10 hours. 

23 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

I'm sorry!  :(  Those are really high stats for an egg under 24h old, though.  After a couple of my non-Halloween hatchies got sick overnight, I'm starting to think that reports of sickness and viewbombing are most likely not malicious activity but just the general hysteria of this Halloween season causing havoc in the hatcheries - I doubt we've seen this much activity in years.

20 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

The only dead pumpkin I see on your scroll was caught the same day it died. As a general rule I follow, never add any egg you catch to any hatcheries until 24 hours after their stolen on/laid on day. Especially during holiday seasons, as there is more traffic during holidays. I'm sorry your pumpkin died, and hope you can catch a new one!

21 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

Sorry about your pumpkin :(

I'd be pretty angry if I were you too.  I guess you just have to watch your eggs and hatchlings really carefully. My eggs were also getting sick left and right yesterday, regardless of where I was adding them.  Is it possible that someone added them to a bunch of hatchies without your consent or knowledge?  That'd be a very **** move.

34 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

Me too (though without the dead egg)!  Usually at 6 days I add to AoND, then at 5 days to EATW, or vice versa, and the only time they get sick is if I accidentally add one before 6 days (usually when it's been incubated and I just look at the time stamp without paying attention).  I had one today *get* sick at about 4d12h.  I don't think mine got added to any extra sites, I just think there's way more traffic.

Yeah, there's a lot more traffic than usual, even for a holiday that normally gets more traffic, so I'm not surprised that the usual tricks aren't working as well.

i noticed the higher chance for sickness too!
dont know if i should hide the scroll over night... 

Just now, Mow said:

I just incubated and then hid all my Halloween eggies - I'm intending to be up in time to unfog then for hatching and none of them are eggs I would want to lose.  Better safe than sorry!

1 minute ago, Mow said:

LOL I am just in case. 

7 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Wait, is one of the treats a

Hide contents

tiny Falconiform wyvern having a nap

? :huh:

Yes it is ;)

When it comes to holidays I've done the same thing I did in the past before I stopped playing for a while: I won't put them in hacheries for like 12 hours and I will only put them in ONE unless they're running low on time in which case I add them to ONE MORE (holidays bring more players and thus hacheries give more views so sickness and death are a bigger threat). I will continue to monitor them on and off all day since I'm always at the computer to make sure no one's getting sick. If someone gets sick (as my grave baby did), I hide them and they stay hidden for a few hours even after the fact.

When I'm going to bed, I make sure to fog everyone. That means I'll probably have to re-add them to their hatchery once I wake up but that's not a problem. I just don't wanna wake up to dead baby dragons!

My first eggies have 6 hours until they are able to hatch and I'm just now putting them in hatcheries. I've heard that it's generally safe if you wait 12 or 24 hours and then put them in, but especially with such special eggs I decided to wait longer. I had them fogged until they were under 5 days, too, just in case. Something *may* be screwed up with sickness, but I'm rather inclined to think it's simply the massive surge in hatchery viewing because of the holiday, plus the new CBs probably means it's even busier then normal holidays usually are. There is always a lot more sickness during holidays.

OH SNAP! Its HALLOWEEN TIME!

TIME TO GET HUNTING!

🎃🎃👻👻👻🎃👻🎃🎃🎃🎃👻👻👻

Edit: My first treat is Oreo cookies and milk! Yummy!

Edited by Shokomon