TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

@PhoenixEterna The only dead egg I see on your scroll was caught and died on the same day, so it could not have been anywhere close to 4 days, even with Incubate. Holidays are always way more busy in hatcheries and eggs are much more likely to get sick, so putting them into hatcheries so young has a very good chance of making them sick.

*bounces* My first six eggs hatched! Off to hunt the AP for more!

It was at 4 days. I swear to god it was x.x with incubate. That's the only reason I threw it in a hatchery...I never put eggs in a hatchery with anything 5 or more.

Just now, PhoenixEterna said:

It was at 4 days. I swear to god it was x.x with incubate. That's the only reason I threw it in a hatchery...I never put eggs in a hatchery with anything 5 or more.

It probably got too many unique views with the hatcheries being so busy and everyone constantly adding more eggs and giving views. I also never worry about eggs that have 4 days or less getting sick, but apparently even they aren't safe during holidays (not that there's a whole lot to be done here other that casting Ward on them and even that only offers protection for 6 hrs). Sorry to hear about your egg, I hope you catch something just as nice!

I was lucky and caught the AP egg that must be in another hatchery before it died.  It had 15 views when I caught it and double all the other eggs within 12 hours. Got sick but survived. 

As far as I know I've never had an egg die from sickness, in fact sickness actually saved one of my dragons when I was first starting out and didn't know about click sites. I picked out an egg from the AP and when I viewed it on my scroll it was sick so I hid it, survived and grew up with the views it had while it was sick.

Oh wow, I just picked up sibling Grave eggs in the AP! They showed up right next to each other, I clicked both and got both, then checked the lineages and they have the exact same lineage! I don't think I have any sibling-holidays yet, this is pretty cool. Also, I JUST REACHED MY SCROLL-GOAL FOR GRAVES!!!!! Wheeeeeee! Only the 2nd Halloween breed I've hit scroll-goals with!

Just now, Marie19R said:

Oh wow, I just picked up sibling Grave eggs in the AP! They showed up right next to each other, I clicked both and got both, then checked the lineages and they have the exact same lineage! I don't think I have any sibling-holidays yet, this is pretty cool. Also, I JUST REACHED MY SCROLL-GOAL FOR GRAVES!!!!! Wheeeeeee! Only the 2nd Halloween breed I've hit scroll-goals with!

I've gotten sibling holidays before but they're both Christmas dragons (Yulebuck).

39 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

incubate as far as i know doesint "add protection". what i mean by that is, through incubation, even though the timer says 4 days for egg, its still as delicate as a 5 day egg. so even with incubate you have to be careful and wait till its half way on the 4day mark to be safe enough.

48 minutes ago, PhoenixEterna said:

Take a closer look at the dead egg. It was stolen and died on the same day. It couldn't have had less than 5 days on its timer. You may be misremembering which egg you tossed into a hatchery.

Does anyone know what happens to the trick or treat dragons at the end of the event? Do they usually just disappear?

3 hours ago, cbussiere said:

Do the sprites on your page update? None of mine have changed and even after manually checking each they're still the same. Though maybe others just haven't been fiddling with their hatchie as incessantly as I have. :P Yours also is decked out in Slytherclaw garb on my end and not the ballerina outfit, so maybe sprites are just slow to update on my end.

Yes, they update - if users update them. Proof:

Spoiler

26th October at 3:07 am:

59f2f5bf069f9_17-10-26--9-07hatchlings.png.bf888119ccf25acca703f239fd00f577.png

26th October at 5:44 pm:

59f2f5d6ca634_17-10-26--23-44-01hatchlings.png.22afa157511a840d14221601edac0442.png

27th October at 12:46 am:

59f2f5e1a277a_17-10-27--6-46hatchlings.png.5ee75446d082ff39242d95d2770862f2.png

46 minutes ago, Jacj said:

Does anyone know what happens to the trick or treat dragons at the end of the event? Do they usually just disappear?

You'll be able to look at it by clicking the badge.

Oh my god I'm so glad I checked the site this halloween!! Time to stash up on eggs c': 

Figured out why my babies are getting so many views. Someone put them in Silvi's. They must have missed my most recent grab though because that one was the only one not in there.

Tossed my misclicked Cavern Dweller to the AP and managed to snag two Marrow! ^o^ I am a happy camper.

I wish I had some space to pitch some CBs into the AP for people late to the party. But between nabbing CBs for me and crossing off breedings, I has no room. So many eggies! Soo little time!

2 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I love holiday clutch siblings! They are the cutest. :'3 I only have one pair -- two gold-winged snow angels. I ended up getting them mates who were brothers. :P

First batch of old CB holiday dragons has hatched. Yay!

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but: you can only buy the costumes on the day they are released. If you forgot to by the wizard costumes yesterday they are unavailable for you. So if you might want a change of colour eventually you should buy the costume while you still can.
(I'm sorry, it must have been a bug on our side; you can buy old costumes after the day they were released.)

Edited by Solanatsea
False information.

2 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but: you can only buy the costumes on the day they are released. If you forgot to by the wizard costumes yesterday they are unavailable for you. So if you might want a change of colour eventually you should buy the costume while you still can.

Oh, thanks for mentioning that! I had no idea! That means I missed quite a lot. :(

First batch of CB old holidays caught yesterday. Now waiting for them to be added to the hatcheries and hatching and then I'll get a few from the AP I think.

Gonne do some breeding today. If anyone would like an old Halloween with a specific normal dragon from my Halloweens, let me know. Always happy to help out :)
I've got several confirmed pairs :)

11 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

Thst's depressing... I didn't buy anything to keep lots of the candy for the last day and then buy whatever I decide for mine to wear-_-

but how do you tell? my shop shows all with a buy action look the same? All highlight when I hover. (bought 0 so far) Doesnt' look like I can't buy them?

Edited by VixenDra

Current status of the dragons who've met my hatchling:

Pumpkin - 0
Black Marrow - 2
Shadow Walker - 6
Carvern Lurker - 1
Grave - 4
Desipis - 1
Caligene - 2
Witchlight - 2

:P

Edited by ChiroChick

I was able to buy the other two wizard outfits the next day. (just did in fact)

52 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Thst's depressing... I didn't buy anything to keep lots of the candy for the last day and then buy whatever I decide for mine to wear-_-

but how do you tell? my shop shows all with a buy action look the same? All highlight when I hover. (bought 0 so far) Doesnt' look like I can't buy them?

My husband didn't buy all of the costumes yesterday and today he can't buy yesterday's missing ones but only the new ballerina ones. If other people can buy the old costumes it might be a bug for him.
I didn't want to spread false rumours. I'm utterly sorry.

12 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

My husband didn't buy all of the costumes yesterday and today he can't buy yesterday's missing ones but only the new ballerina ones. If other people can buy the old costumes it might be a bug for him.

Or it's WE who are having a bug:( I'll ask my bf to check his, he wanted to consider the Slytherin robes later, he'll see if he can buy them in a mo

-> he could buy it. You'll have to report it

Edited by VixenDra

3 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

That should be a bug on his side. My costume shop still shows both the Ballerina and the Wizard costumes (bought only one of the latter) as available.

On the collect candy page it says when we trick or treat the other person we visit gets candy also. Has anyone noticed that they aren't getting any candy from visitors? I have 21 pieces of candy and 30 dragons that I visited....and I spent 9 on HP costumes. If I am correct, that means I earned all that candy. It just seems weird that no one has visited me yet. Any info would be helpful and tia. :)