TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

1 minute ago, songwithnosoul said:

*facepalm* Thanks, folks. That was it.

@cbussiere It was just a layering problem. Sorry to disappoint you!

Well, now we know of a neat way to customize your ghost sheet... XD

1 minute ago, songwithnosoul said:

*facepalm* Thanks, folks. That was it.

@cbussiere It was just a layering problem. Sorry to disappoint you!

Aww.   It's a cool idea though.  Who knows, maybe it could actually happen (y)

The event's back up and working again! :D

Now I can finally see what these headbands look like on my Witchlight...

Was the wizard wand attached to the scarf yesterday? Mine isn't wearing the scarf (just going for a more general witch/wizard-y vibe) and when I put on the white Ballerina shirt as a sort of "undershirt" (but mostly so she could have white armbands) I noticed her wand dissapeared. I looked at sprites at the bottom and it shows the wand as part of the scarf option... but she had hers yesterday...

Oh well. You can do magic without a wand. She's a very talented Witchlight.

20 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Is anyone else getting "an error has occurred" when they click on "get candy?"

Yes. It happened as soon as I put the pink ballerina outfit on my hatchling. There's a thread over in the Help section. I hope they take care of it soon. It really is upsetting that I can't collect candy or pretty much do anything. 

Just now, RagaDal said:

Yes. It happened as soon as I put the pink ballerina outfit on my hatchling. There's a thread over in the Help section. I hope they take care of it soon. It really is upsetting that I can't collect candy or pretty much do anything. 

Sure glad I collected before I got my last candy then.

8 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

The black ballerina items look so odd on the Marrow, they blend in very well. Looks like it's missing its markings. :blink:

Probably why I went for it, the colours are so subtle against the Marrow's hide, like it's wearing a partial morphsuit. XD 

Here's what one looks like with a black ballerina shirt if anyone's curious: link~

2 minutes ago, Omen said:

Probably why I went for it, the colours are so subtle against the Marrow's hide, like it's wearing a partial morphsuit. XD 

Here's what one looks like with a black ballerina shirt if anyone's curious: link~

Oh wow! That looks so cool! It really does blend so well.

After a few days I went out to catch some Zombie fodder, clicked on what I thought was Alpine biome and finally caught on that there's a brand new Halloween section. So super hyped now, I never imagined I'd have the chance to catch the holiday dragons of the past! :P

The costume error seems to have been fixed.  I had no problem getting candy just now wearing a bunch of costumes layered on top of each other.

Two of my AP Halloween eggs finally hatched. Waiting on the others now.  

Managed to grab one each of my two missing CBs from the new biome with relative ease.  Glad to see it has calmed down a bit.  Hopefully something will hatch soon so I can try to grab the last one before I leave for work, after which it will be a mobile phone job.  The rest that I need to unlock those images in the encyclopedia I can breed or grab from the AP at least. 

Interesting to see the Halloween page pretty often filled with 3 Lurkers. Not many fans out there? x) I'm trying to hunt some Marrows.

The dragons I still haven't seen are CB Vampires - do those drop too?

1 minute ago, stagazer_7 said:

The dragons I still haven't seen are CB Vampires - do those drop too?

No

do you only get the free outfit if you sign in on its release day, my sister only started playing the event today and she only has the ghost and black ballerina for free  

*pokes eggs impatiently* Why you taking so long to hatch?! You've been able to hatch for almost two hours! I have three ERs refreshing! Seriously?!

I want to grab more. Now. Right now. *impatient*

I've apparently visited 29 hatchlings so far while trick-or-treating. I love looking at the huge screen of hatchies!

This has been the best event that I've ever participated in. Beyond happy to have the chance at older CB Halloween dragons. This made my month a little less bleak <3 Happy Halloween, everyone!

Aaaah, my first egg hatched, and I managed to catch a CB Grave on my first try; there's a lot less competition now.

Also, it feels great to be able to put the name I use for CBs on these hatchies (now I just have to reorganize my scroll).

8 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Sorry about your pumpkin :(

I'd be pretty angry if I were you too.  I guess you just have to watch your eggs and hatchlings really carefully. My eggs were also getting sick left and right yesterday, regardless of where I was adding them.  Is it possible that someone added them to a bunch of hatchies without your consent or knowledge?  That'd be a very **** move.

No, I added them myself. Though, I do have issues on off times with people adding my eggs and it ticks me off. I know I read somewhere on the forums someone stated that they'll throw AP eggs into hatcheries to "help" them. Honestly, as nice as that sounds, said person needs to NOT do that...seriously. Someone could catch that egg and not realize it's been thrown in a hatchery or few and it ends up sick or dead.

As far as the whole "watching them more closely." thing. I really don't have time for that. I'm used to 4 day and under eggs being safe from sickness. I have a life. I can't sit here and babysit virtual eggs every minute, second or hour to see if they are sick. I threw them in hatcheries and went to sleep :/ Again, not going to wake up every so often to check on them.

And if I come off rude in saying that I'm sorry. it's not intended, just making a point lol. I was kind of leery on throwing them in a hatchery at all considering the "rumors" of people's eggs getting sick. But again, I figured "Eh, 4 days, they'll be fine."....yeah, no.

@PhoenixEterna The only dead egg I see on your scroll was caught and died on the same day, so it could not have been anywhere close to 4 days, even with Incubate. Holidays are always way more busy in hatcheries and eggs are much more likely to get sick, so putting them into hatcheries so young has a very good chance of making them sick.

*bounces* My first six eggs hatched! Off to hunt the AP for more!

I want so bad to go CB hunting right now, since I'm up and not many people are on.  But I came home from work on the 25th and promptly bred a scroll of priority project eggs, so I only had room for one CB witchlight once I checked the news and learned the rerelease was a thing.  Now I don't know whether to breed the rest of the high-gen projects, the 2nd gens for new ones, or hoard as many CBs as possible.  And any way I have to wait 6 more hours for egg slots to free up.

What a terrible, beautiful dilemma!  Thank you TJ!