Sign in to follow this  
Inuh

Emperor Dragons/Drakes (breed suggestion)

So this has been floating around in my head for a while, a breed of dragon/drake based off penguins. The most interesting idea I had for these guys is the possibility of same-sex couples, like how penguin are in nature. Male/female couples will breed the normal eggs/egg of the partner. However, the same sex couples, who had to be the same species, could do the same thing by 'taking' an egg from a male/female couple, but with a small percent chance of an egg not being an egg from their species.

I will draw up a rough sketch and color for these when I return home.

I couldn't figure out where the new topic button for the dragon suggestion was on that subforum, apologies.

Edited by Inuh
Left out some information.

Dragon requests are closed right now until some of the current ones are completed. It's also worth noting that while similar ideas are allowed, there's already a super cute penguin dragon in the works that yours would have to compete with: 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Dragon requests are closed right now until some of the current ones are completed. It's also worth noting that while similar ideas are allowed, there's already a super cute penguin dragon in the works that yours would have to compete with: 

Interesting! Didn't even see that little guy in the forum over there! And thank you for letting me know requests were closed, gives me some more time to refine my dragon idea.

NP,  good luck with your concept. :) (And didn't link the other to discourage you, but rather show you what you'll have to make sure to differentiate from ^^) 

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

NP,  good luck with your concept. :) (And didn't link the other to discourage you, but rather show you what you'll have to make sure to differentiate from ^^) 

Of course, I absolutely understand. My main idea is the unique breeding aspect of this species, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a penguin. Thank you very much though for the link!