tkt1780

Sharing Lineage Ideas

This thread is for sharing pretty lineage ideas! Any dragons, any breeds, any type of lineage! (but I love checkers)

I just love making random lineage ideas in the Heart of Blue maker. I also love combining colors and seeing how lovely they turn out.

I'll start us off:

Ember (m) x Blue Fire Gem (f) my current project because I thought it looked so pretty <3

Daydream (m) x Diamondwing (f)

Aeon (m) x Bolt (f) BSA lineages are always appreciated but there's no way I could get all those CBs lmfao

Plated Colossus (m) x Monarch (f) I love how it just looks really pleasing to me

Serragamma (m) x Swallowtail (f) love it, i like how they have the same pose. also orange and blue are a nice color combination

Candelabra (m) x Scimitar-wing (f) pretty neutral colors, either of them might go well with tri-horns too (Candelabra x Tri-horned)

I would love to see some lineages for the less popular breeds like Flamingos, or Royal Blues, or Red-Finned Tidals. (hmm... Red-Fins might go well with Sinii Krais...)

Or BSA lineages. I'll always love BSA lineages.

Go for it, guys! I like seeing pretty lineages! :) 

Edited by tkt1780

Nice idea

Here are my ideas

oWFaAQd.png

I'm actually gonna start working on this one after I get that last AoC, I have three out of four of the required 2gs thanks to a rather generous trade offer.

kX3hOu9.png

These two are both dragon's dragons and luckily their poses and colors look exquisite together 

LsToM3i.png

I like this one because it's two dragons that prove that a dragon doesn't have to be a brute/red lookalike to be a dragony dragon, also their poses just look nice together, might make this one after i'd done with the avatar one

KHLoQpZ.png

this would be the hardest for me to make but i'm gonna try because it's just so beautiful, it would take nonstop breeding of blacks and a lot of luck to get two/three(?) alts before the Halloween after this one but imagine the line!

Edited by blockEdragon

2 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Nice idea

Here are mine

Love the Royal Red x Brute and the Black x Witchlight, especially the Black x Witchlight!

How did you make those test lineages, if I may ask? Is there some website I don't know about, or did you make them manually in some kind of image editing software?

That Black x Witchlight is awesome! Looks really cool!

I've actually been a bit stuck for what pairings I might want to try in the future. Looking forward to seeing the different things that get shared here for some inspiration! My Nebula Rainbow is probably the last pretty lineage I actually planned and worked on. I think it came out fairly well.

10 minutes ago, tkt1780 said:

How did you make those test lineages, if I may ask? Is there some website I don't know about, or did you make them manually in some kind of image editing software?

It's not quite the same but this is the lineage builder I would use now http://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage
Many years ago I would use image  editing software and so I suspect those further up the thread were made with that method. It's been years since I've made mock ups like that so I might be outdated.

I'm glad someone else likes them :D

also there's no real program, it's some basic MS paint cutting, copying, and pasting, if you look closely at the lineage box areas you can see the cuttings.

Basically I copy the template or just an existing image, and then open up another MS paint tab and cut a prnt scrn of an existing lineage with the boxed sprite you need and cut the boxes and paste them on the template as needed.

Edited by blockEdragon

On 10/15/2017 at 2:39 AM, lulu_witch said:

It's not quite the same but this is the lineage builder I would use now http://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage
Many years ago I would use image  editing software and so I suspect those further up the thread were made with that method. It's been years since I've made mock ups like that so I might be outdated.

This is awesome! I didn't know such a handy thing was abouts. Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Vhale

On 15.10.2017 at 9:20 AM, blockEdragon said:

KHLoQpZ.png

this would be the hardest for me to make but i'm gonna try because it's just so beautiful, it would take nonstop breeding of blacks and a lot of luck to get two/three(?) alts before the Halloween after this one but imagine the line!

Wow. If you don't mind me 'stealing' your idea, I think I'll try my hand at this too o.o

I just had an idea for a lineage i'll probably never complete. I've not done too many lineages with alts so it would be interesting to create something like this one. :) 

Sv2nPgq.png AUafh9U.png

I've got a couple projects with the breeds you were looking to see!

Flamingo

Tidal

I tend to stick any projects that have made decent progress into this Group (plus the Female Hellfire one because I just really like Female Hellfires :lol:).