angelicdragonpuppy

Let dead dragons be unnamed

I support this, too! Please let the names disappear with the disintegration of the tombstones of finally dead dragons!

Seems like the way it should be to me.

Is this still not implemented yet? I forgot to unname my dragons before killing as well. It's not a good name but it's a variation of the words "Sacrifice Project" that I won't be able to use to name my fodder in the future. I made a group and name the dragons similar so that I can find them again. And I just move swiftly down and forget to unname them. It would be great take back those names. 

Edited by icearashi

On 10/11/2017 at 10:52 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

This was suggested before, but I went five pages back and didn't see it.

With Halloween coming and thus the onset of zombie making for most of us, I'd like to ask again for the ability to unname dead dragons. While of course people can simply kill unnamed ones, sometimes people forget that the names stick, or it's otherwise inconvenient (for example, sometimes all my unnamed ones dodge killing and I kill a named one, and removing the name and then replacing it if they also dodge is tedious). I also like to give zombie fodder goofy names to make the tombstones fun scroll decorations, and doing so currently makes those names unusable in future, which is sad.

I think giving dead dragons a REMOVE name option in replacement of the rename option would be the tidiest way to do it. Also, since dead dragons keep their pages now, it would be nice if, were this to be added, there could be a way to view all the dead dragons we own that no longer have tombstones so we could reclaim those names. Maybe a temporary page for just a few months after it's added? Perhaps user/namehere/graveyard?

Fully support. Just had this happen when I tried to zombify a hatchling. It didn’t turn and I unwittingly had a name attached to it. So that name has been lost, and soon I won’t be able to view the tombstone.

Yeah. I lost 4 names when the system was changed that dead dragons didn't lose their names any more after 6 or so weeks somewhen in Autumn 2013. I really would love to get these names back, I have to admit.

Full support. I had a dragon I killed recently for my first zombie. I didn't get it, and I regretted killing it, so I was gonna get a second one and just name it the same as the first one. I had no idea I couldn't do that. Was very upset to learn I couldn't remove names from dead dragons. 

However if name exclusivity goes away, we won't really need this (considering that thread is also going on right now).

On the whole. I'm for, as the retaining of names spoiled one of my lineages, where I wanted the inbreeding to sort of vanish, as a joke ! 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

That time I wanted the names gone.

On the other hand I have this: 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ugOYx

I would have liked the mother to have a name if I'd thought in time; there's an example in the TLQ thread of what I meant to achieve.

So I am more on the fence than about any suggestion yet !

As long as freeing up a dead name is optional - I'm all for this.

I say optional because it would allow those with deadline lineages to keep their names, while still allowing those of us who killed the wrong dragon, forgot to remove the name, etc. To regain access to what is essentially a lost name.

Hmm, maybe that's what the 'expunge' BSA of a Soulpeace should do - instead of removing a zombie from your scroll...it removes the name of a dead dragon on your scroll

I'm not sure why I haven't voiced support before, but support. I wouldn't mind a BSA function to do this as well, if need be.

Oh my, I never realized this was an issue. Thankfully none of my named dragons zombified. Full support!

+1 support for this. My memory is absolute garbo and so I forget to un-name before killing a lot...

On 3/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, dragongrrl said:

Having lost a couple of names this way, I support the idea.

I generally remember to remove the name before Zombifying but not always. 

https://dragcave.net/view/FvJAU

😯

That is a great name for a zombified Olive! Made me laugh! XD

On 3/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, ShorahNagi said:

Hmm, maybe that's what the 'expunge' BSA of a Soulpeace should do - instead of removing a zombie from your scroll...it removes the name of a dead dragon on your scroll

expunge is one of the most usless BSA's to me right now (why would you want to REMOVE a zombie from your scroll when they are so elusive and hard to achieve, and most people only get them when they're really TRYING to get them?), so this change would be pretty cool imo! i'd like to remove names without a BSA, but if there had to be an alternative, i wouldn't mind this at all! give some love to an extremely underwhelming and honestly kind of pointless BSA's in the game!

Bringing this back as I once again remember a dragon I killed with an awesome name. Please tj. Pretty pretty pretty please?

Full support. I don't have any plans for Undeads currently, but if I ever do, then I wouldn't want to worry about losing a name forever on accident. ^^;

Support! I didn't know you couldn't remove names and actually killed two dragons with very good names 😶 I'd love to reclaim those.

Full support for this. It would just be nice to have the option to reclaim names off of dead dergs.

Support! didn't know the names would still be there, but it makes sense to be able to reclaim the names, like how wild dragons lose their names.

Believe there's two other topics for the exact same suggestion floating around too, to more emphasis how requested this is.

Just messed up another and feel insane regret because it was for an amazingly special project I was doing for my friends and now it feels ruined

Please let us rename dead dragons 

Posted (edited)

I don’t see why you should loose the ability to unname dead dragons. Especially not within the window where the tomb is on your scroll.

If the goal is to prevent weird names on the dead dragons, the user can just add the name before the deed. Naming post death seems only needed for those who wish to reclaim.

If preventing renaming is linked to killing inappropriately named dragons, the site should allow a user to rename what they themselves have killed.

Edited by inghelene