angelicdragonpuppy

The Great CB Halloween APing Project!

Hey guys!

Someone mentioned this at the last minute last Halloween, and it was such a brilliant idea that I had to try to get it going this year!

The premise is simple: on Halloween, in the morning, grab your Halloween eggs. Then dump them. Then grab some more. Then dump them. Then grab your own Halloween eggs, and keep them.

Now, what's the point of this? Simple: you just TRIPLED the amount of CB Halloween eggs available for people, by moving the ones that are just going to sit deleted in the cave once everyone's locked to the AP where we can all hunt for them later. :D

Of course we might not move a ton, if it's just a small subsection of forum goers doing it, but I still thought it was the worth the shot! If you're interested, just post below and I'll send out a reminder on the 30th and on Halloween. :) 

Great idea! That day will be busy for me so I don't know if I'll have a chance to do all three grab/dumps, but I'll do as many as I can. I'd love a reminder.

I'm always nervous about doing stuff like that because I get worried I won't be able to re-catch any for myself, but that was when I had iffy internet... This year I have new, noticeably faster internet, so I don't really think that would be an issue. And I've always *wanted* to do this, so yes, I will definitely participate!

I will very probably join. It feels painful to abandon eggs of such value, but you're either good at catching (so everything's fine) or you're bad at catching (so you'll have nothing to abandon). Or you're somewhere in the middle and the more eggs you'll abandon, the bigger chance you'll have when catching them from AP.

I'd like to participate! I missed a holiday release once and picked up my one-and-only CB that year from the AP. It'll probably be the same for someone.

Last year, I also had the misfortune of picking up a number of CB holidays I was unhappy with after getting so caught up in fixing up lineage plans. Once the biomes went to normal, I spent hours in the AP attempting to pick off any of the eggs that people were generous enough to abandon for those less fortunate as well as attempting to trade for others. Despite my hardest efforts, I only managed to pick up a measly 3 of them.

It was such an awful feeling knowing that I wouldn't be able to make lineages which i'd like to do on my own from that breed of dragon and I don't want anyone feeling that way this year about their holiday pickings. Therefore, i'd love to participate so those unlucky few unable to pick up ones in the biomes can actually have some more luck in the AP. :) 

Sounds like a fine idea. I remember missing the Marrow drop and only getting my two through the generosity of other players. Send me a reminder, please!

I'll certainly try to participate. I don't know if I'll be able to abandon more than one, maybe two sets of eight - but that's still more than nothing, right?

I'd like to participate,  too. The more 🎃 Halloween eggs 🎃 the merrier, right? =) 

Send me a reminder,  please :wub:

Interested, will abandon and re-catch 1 at a time to make absolutely sure I end up with 8 eggs on my scroll^^ Unless I'm way to busy that day but that remains to be seen!

Interesting... I might abandon some... as this will be my first holiday where I actually know what's going on, I might just hoard a LOT of the eggs... :) Maybe lock myself up, abandon 1 or 2 in the morning, lock myself up again, then repeat. :) 

Edited by mouse050909

Brilliant idea. Halloween is a Tuesday so either I can stay up late and grab some to drop or wake up early and grab some (not both). I could probably do 1 drop, maybe 2. This isn't against the rules or anything is it?

I'll probably remember, but I'd like a reminder, please!

I'll be busy most of the day, but I can drop at least one batch in the AP.  Count me in!

8 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Interested, will abandon and re-catch 1 at a time to make absolutely sure I end up with 8 eggs on my scroll^^ Unless I'm way to busy that day but that remains to be seen!

This is very good strategy. I was planing on dumping just two batches of 7 eggs, but with this I can dump up to 28 eggs and still be sure I will have mine.

I'll definitely be helping with this <3 Halloween is my favorite thing so if I can help spread more of it I'm all in >:)

Did this last year and I'll do it again this year, count me in :) With 8 egg slots and the potential to toss over 32 eggs if done correctly- I'll definitely try to gift more again this year.

That's an amazing idea! Imagine being the unlucky catcher who couldn't get online only to find them in the AP. I'm in!