Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool10K

Not New but First Time on Forum with a Question!

So my question is: What do I do if I have great ideas for sprites, actually designed them and want them to be added to Dragcave?

Hello and welcome! If you'd like to submit requests for new dragons, you can do so in the Dragon Requests subforum. Just make sure you read the section rules before you start a new thread. Good luck!

Love your username, by the way. I'm eagerly awaiting the second movie.

Oh Another Question,

I've read the Dragon Requests page rules and it says:

"Ownership: By posting art to this section, you certify that you own the art or have been given permission to submit the art on the behalf of the artist. The original artist maintains ownership of the art."

So how does copyright even work. If I'm the owner of an artwork, do I need any documents saying it's owned by me or something?

Welcome to the DC forum!

Not an answer to your question (not sure), but I just thought I should mention that the Dragon Requests subforum is currently closed to new requests. It'll open and you'll be able to create a new topic when there are fewer requests being worked on. You are able to continue to work on your project in private until it opens again though. If you're interested in receiving feedback on your work, the Unofficial Discord is a great place to receive critique :)

8 hours ago, Deadpool10K said:

Oh Another Question,

I've read the Dragon Requests page rules and it says:

"Ownership: By posting art to this section, you certify that you own the art or have been given permission to submit the art on the behalf of the artist. The original artist maintains ownership of the art."

So how does copyright even work. If I'm the owner of an artwork, do I need any documents saying it's owned by me or something?

There's a document on that page which gives the site consent of use and allows them to use your sprite if it is chosen for use.  You're just giving the site permission to use your art publicly, with proper credits to you.  If anyone else uses it for certain intents not allowed by the site or yourself (eg. Claiming it as their own), then they would be breaking the copyright.  

Also, just as a note: while regular requests are closed to new submissions right now, you can always try for a holiday request.  Just don't be afraid to message some in-cave spriters or people you know and ask them if they would be willing to help you on a request for whatever holiday.  You could also try to sprite yourself, but only if you're super confident in your spriting abilities.  Otherwise, ask around.  You can learn a lot from them! :D  

If if you want more info, there's a topic in dragon requests which gives you info on concepts, spriting, copyright stuff and other useful things.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

Thank you @The Dragoness I'd forgotten that Dragon Requests are currently closed! Deadpool10k, you can hold on to your request in the meantime; we'll post when the section opens again.