Moonlight_Eevee

Spinel Breeding Plans

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Has anyone tried them with Almeralds yet?

I got a red one: here

Edited by HeDy

Wow, I weep for the loss of CB green versions. The lineages with female Falconformes and Striped Rivers looked so good.

41 minutes ago, kittyrules2003 said:

Can someone explain to me what dragons give the green ones? :o

You get them when you breed the red ones with a dragon that has the Earth elemental affinity, list of those found here!

9 minutes ago, HeDy said:

You get them when you breed the red ones with a dragon that has the Earth elemental affinity, list of those found here!

Ah. Ty!

13 minutes ago, Kovia said:

I think alting is random, I got one from a SpinelxAlmandine.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/sPQP3

o.o WELL THEN. This changes things?

16 minutes ago, Kovia said:

I think alting is random, I got one from a SpinelxAlmandine.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/sPQP3

3 minutes ago, kittyrules2003 said:

o.o WELL THEN. This changes things?

Pyralspites also have Earth Elemental Affinity so no!

Yeah ignore me I guess, hadn't seen that bit about affinities. I always forget those are even a thing.

14 hours ago, Kovia said:

Yeah ignore me I guess, hadn't seen that bit about affinities. I always forget those are even a thing.

No problem, it's a new breeding mechanic and I'm sure I'll forget it a million times when I'm breeding these guys!

I tested some lineages with blue breeds, here are my favorites: (and here are some more)

87kgjBc.png 

pW04yey.png SHv8nOo.png

I really like the Azure Glazewings! And none of these are earth element so no fear of greenies showing up. 

Edited by HeDy

19 hours ago, HeDy said:

I almost thought that the list left out Earth dragons, but then I realised they had listed Earth Dragons under their so-called real name . . . 

Does anyone know what happens with green Spinel x green Spinel?  My first three greens are all female so I'm going to have to wait a while to test it. :(

I think green spinels have an Earth affinity themselves so they should breed green spinels as well but I don't know if anyone has actually tried it.

Has anyone managed to get a red spinel from an earth pairing?  I really like this pairing:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jwZY8

But not necessarily with greens.  My aim would be to continue it with red if at all possible.

I've been breeding them with the Pyralspites. They seem to have similar descriptions about liking gems, so I thought they'd get on well together. XD

On 10/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Still no purebreds?

(red x red = green)?

It should be possible, since the reds are Earth element, but I bred 3 pairs and got all reds.

I have also been checking green ones in the hatcheries and so far have found none from red x red, although I have seen some pretty 3rd gens from green x green.

Has anyone else bred or seen a green Spinel bred from two red Spinel  parents?????

I'm not breeding hybrids now, because of my hiatus - I want to build my BSA army and reach my scroll goal with CB commons and uncommon first. But I'm still very interested of the breeding mechanics, so...

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

(...) Has anyone else bred or seen a green Spinel bred from two red Spinel  parents?????

I'd like to ask this question from the other side:

Has anyone bred or seen a red Spinel bred from red Spinel and Earth element parent?

I'm also curious if earth elements can breed reds. Mutamore x Spinel is really pretty but I don't want to add in green...

@Nine I'm so bummed about the female striped river thing too, it was a spot on pairing x'c

I have also tried to breed a PB (and AP'ed it): https://dragcave.net/lineage/5LS4x

It seems that two CB spinels are not able to produce a green spinel on their own, but that another breed with (bigger) earth affinity has to be involved. Also, I haven't heard of a red spinel coming from red spinel and earth-afine parent yet.

So, I guess red spinel x red spinel = red spinel // red spinel x earth-afine dragon of another type = green spinel is default if not a general rule.

Has anyone tried 3rd gen yet? Green spinel x red spinel = ?