Moonlight_Eevee

Spinel Breeding Plans

8 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Oooo with Female Terraes! :o

7 hours ago, littleangelamy22 said:

The poses with the female terraes go really really nicely together!

Right? RIGHT?!

And now I get to do this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/rGzFR

...I love it! :wub:

That's clever with the Geodes. (y)

Couple more, then I'm done, I have lots to do this morning.

spinel x pyral 2.png

spinel x pyral 1.png

spinel x pyral 3.png

spinel x pyral 4.png

Edited by Laura Borealis

I did a quick check in AoND's mock up and sweet heavens, if the greens really can't be obtained as CBs I will mourn the impossible pairing with a gold shimmer scale.

Also, I didn't check, but they probably look great with silver shimmer scales as well.

That greens x green copper mock up looks surprisingly great as well, and I think my favorite pink spinel pairing this far is Blue ridgewing x female spinel.

Hrm. Having trouble with finding earth-aligned pairings I like the look of with both the red and the green. I wonder how khusa and monarch would go with them...  *rubs chin*

RIP CB Green Spinels ;___; </3

@Ripan You should look into male Teimarr x female Gold Shimmer, it's gorgeous and might give you the same feel. I'd be curious to see your Spinel mockups, though!

Might try to do something with Striped River x Green Spinel even despite the setback... maybe Spinel x Terrae x Striped River x Terrae as the CB line. 

Purple Ridgewing x Red Spinel and Red Spinel x Dark Lumina look nice. Might check out Red Spinel x Diamondwing and Mutamore x Red Spinel as well.

1 hour ago, Velvet_paw said:

I hope you don't mind me using your egg to see how this looks as a colour combo, orchi'dea but I'm thinking along the lines of a Mutamore spinel diamond wing in the first gen. Perhaps some reds will appear in the subsequent generations as the ratios even out. 

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=Hf7kb&gen=4&mate=9Pt5I&style[bg]=y&style[border]=n

No worries, my scroll is open for all kinds of experiments<3 I quite like what you did here!

As much as I would have liked green CBs, I really like this breed mechanic. :)  I wonder if the green ones always breed green or sometimes produce red like the Ultraviolets...

Does anyone know if Earth aligned mates can still produce red Spinels? I'd really like to do a Red Spinel x Almerald checker. They look so perfect together, but the green doesn't really fit.

Well, rip my Green x Snow dreams (even if it was earth aligned, I wouldn't have done it with a red base) but they're still beautiful! Going to look at some red Spinel x Red Firegem and maybe Albino?

EDIT: Oooh! Red Spinel x female Waterhorse!

Edited by Ninjakittee

Can anyone confirm or deny that red x red can = green?

I'd prefer purebreds, but if the only way I can get greens is to cross-breed, I'd like to know for certain.

Ah, thank you. Will need to seriously consider that one.

To all those people sad about greens breeding mechanics there is some hope! If greens can pass on the gene and breed more greens without needing the earth mate then deadlines are always an option, they're not as pure looking but they make many impossible lineages possible!

Edited by blockEdragon

12 hours ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Can anyone confirm or deny that red x red can = green?

I'd prefer purebreds, but if the only way I can get greens is to cross-breed, I'd like to know for certain.

I'd prefer purebreds too, but my pairing gave a red egg, so it's not looking good.

Just a though I had today: what if on Earth Day we could get CB green Spinels? We know DC has Earth Day programmed in because of the leetle tree, so... it could be a possibility?