TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

5 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Wikipedia says:

... So you're saying we have to shoot cosmic rays at the red ones to make them produce green eggs?

Maybe it's a BSA that turns it green?

It would be really interesting for an egg bred bathed in moonlight (at night) or bathed in sunlight (during the day) had a chance to be an alt.

Oh wow what pretty sprites we got this time! I love them both. the red and greens look so smooth and pretty and the purples look quite regal. I need to go snag some more purples now. 

thank you TJ and spriters! 

Lovely, lovely release all around. The adult sprites are beautiful, the eggs were easy to catch, and the hint of mystery with the green variant is just fun!

Pity we cannot breed two-headed with dragons from last Valentines, they seem to have similar colour theme. They are very, very pretty. 

The other species seems nice too, not really sure if I like them v much or just so :) That release was a surprise to me, thank you!

Alts?

ALLLLTSSS?

RAAAAAARRRREEEE HYYYPPPEE!

tumblr_inline_okz37krkbt1sbxkvg_500.gif

What I like

-the unique texture of the wyverns

-the green ones being rares (**** YEEEEEEEAAA!)

-the color of the bauta, purple is very underused and my favorite color

-the bulky build of the bauta is underused, we need more bulky dragons!

-did I mention that I like that the greens are rare?

-no seriously this might be the one of best release in years purely because of the rares.

-that the wyverns are not perfect and have an actual personality quirk stated right in the description, it gives them some realness when the personality is talked about, especially when it's a FLAW being talked about

-the mask theme of the bauta

-the poses of both, you don't see those poses often

-the color choices

-RARES!

what I don't like

-the bautas are partly shiny (not entirely though)

-the fact that they wyverns are themed around a gemstone (A FREAKING RARE PEOPLE!)

-the possibility that the wyverns are shiny (only counts if they are) (and still is only a minor issue because RAAAARRREES)

-the sad fact that the greens are not in cave and therefor aren't TRUE rares (they're still breeding-rares though so almost all shall be forgiven)

Overall this was a great release!

P.S.

MOOOAAAR RAREEEEEEE HYYYYPEEE!

3eo8bQl.gif

Purple is my favourite colour. Bautas are definitely my favourite Two-heads! Thank you, Marrionetta! <3

I love the spinels too. Especially the fact that you see both sides of the dragon is great!

The green ones... everything seems to scream "alt" - except for the fact that TJs green hatchies came from green eggs. But maybe it was just a way to confuse us? Nothing suggests a relation to the moon or another mechanic. However, their description "iridescent pale green scales" reminds me of the Lunar Heralds' egg description "This metallic egg shows faint iridescence in moonlight." But it could be a coincidence, of course...

Edited by Solanatsea

Oh gosh... I never made the connection between gemstones + rare. Eugh. I really hope they're not rare, honestly. I like being able to find the dragons I want in a timely manner, esp. if I need many CBs for a particular lineage.

That being said I'm so hyped for Bausta x Nexus and will probably be pairing my Spinals with red Gemshards ahhh 

I just... I LOVE these guys. *v*

A purple/gold 2-heads is such a novelty, and these guys are so regal. And bulky. And cool.

The Spinels are so lovely and delicate looking and pretty and I love the colors so much. I am so glad they are indeed based off... well, spinels. :D

(there are way too much "so" and "such" in here)

Thanks for such beautiful work, TCA & Marionnetta! :wub:

I'll be breeding my Spinals with the Pyralspites since they have similar heads. I don't know what to breed the Batuas with.  I hope the green ones are not rare. 

The adults are just gorgeous! I am definitely going to hoard the Spinels, they're just beautiful.

Do we know how to get the greens yet? The dragon description makes them sound like alt Dorsals/Ridgewings, which would make sense since they show their colour as an egg

Eeeee! The two-headed ones are flippin' gorgeous. With my favorite color scheme. But... they are two-heads so I only get 5.

The red & green ones are purty, too. :D

I needed some cheering up this morning & seeing the grown dragons did that for me.

I love the Bautas so much! And people guessed the names right on the Spinels. Can't wait until we have adults ourselves to see if we can breed greens.

Oh wow! Both of these Dragons are gorgeous! I love the shiny gold masks of the Bautas, and the purple is very nice! The Spinels I'll have to hoard, though. I've already got a whole group dedicated to gem-based (or just really shiny) Dragons, so I'll definitely have to add these in there.

I think the green Spinel is my favorite, oddly enough. Usually I like reds more than greens but this particular shade of green is just sooo pretty, and it looks especially lovely with that blue.

1 hour ago, TCA said:

Spinel is MgAl2O4. Chrysoberyl, which is green, is BeAl2O4. The green variant is based off chrysoberyl. More information to come :3

And this means I gotta hoard the green ones anyway because alexandrite (color-change chrysoberyl) is my favorite gemstone! :lol: Although, I'll admit that I'm a bit curious as to why the green variant wasn't just based off of green spinel, but I suppose we'll find that out once we have adults of our own.

Anyway, thanks again Marrionetta and TCA for these wonderful Dragons!

57 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Oh gosh... I never made the connection between gemstones + rare.

Sapphires and Diamondwings (Almeralds too, possibly?) are gemstones and they're not too rare, so it doesn't necessarily mean the Spinels will be. I don't hunt the Cave often but are Almandine and Spessartine Pyralspites still hard to find? Fire Gems and Gemshards are harder to find because of the color variants, but they and the Pyralspites have three possible colors while the Spinels just have two.

Both breeds are lovely! I really like the Spinel's poses and colors (I'm glad the green ones are the alts instead of the burgundy!) and I think I need a giant, squishy hoard of Bautas because PURPLE!! ^_^ <3

Are these still dropping? I've been to the Biomes a couple of times off and on, and even on the fives I'm not seeing any.

Just now, Oddsoxdi said:

Are these still dropping? I've been to the Biomes a couple of times off and on, and even on the fives I'm not seeing any.

I caught two at :10 this hour

Managed to get a Bauta egg. The glassy ones are hard to catch for now. Love how the adults look :D

52 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

There have actually been loads in the AP all day. No idea why but I've snagged half of my new release eggs from there!

LOVE the sprites!!!!! The Bautas are so elegant, and I just adore the Raptorbats (I'm so gonna horde them)!

From the dragon description:

"Occasionally, they can be born with iridescent pale green scales instead of the usual rich red-violet."

So rare for sure,. This makes me think the greens might be bred. It had to be natural if they're born, so not a BSA.

According to google "Iridescent" means: showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles. A synonym for "Opalescent" used in Two-headed Lindwum descriptions.

I dunno if this is helpful or not but I like big words.

3 hours ago, TCA said:

Spinel is MgAl2O4. Chrysoberyl, which is green, is BeAl2O4. The green variant is based off chrysoberyl. More information to come :3

Ooohhh science!! Awesome. Had to look that look up, read the wiki article, and now I'm even more excited about these (tho I'm still annoyed that we *still* don't know how to get the greens). However, there is no proof yet that the greens will be rare. TCA said nothing about them being rare. Just because Beryllium is rare IRL does not mean that these will be rare in cave. I'm really, really hoping they aren't.

I still can't get over the awesome purple two-heads. I mean, PURPLE TWO-HEADS!! And such an *awesome* shade of purple, too. And I really love the pose, I think it complements the colors nicely.