TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

Now I have three of both the ridge egg and the glassy egg so I'm egglocked for about two hours until my Royal Crimson egg hatches (that sentence had a lot of 'egg').

It'd be cool if the green ones are alts since in that case it'd be possible to tell right away if the dragon is an alt!

Yay another new release. Snagged my fill, but was surprised to see old ones completely mixed in already. Love the little raptor looking hatchies. 

You folks are jumping way too fast to the conclusion that the green egg is an alt. The dragons have only been out for twelve hours! Alts don't have different eggs - they used to, a long time ago, but that was changed for a reason. It's not the most logical conclusion that these eggs will suddenly turn that trend back after so long. There's more precedent with eggs that take a long time to cycle between different colours/forms - look at the Seasonals and Lunar Heralds. My guess is that the colour changes once a day - or maybe once a month, and that's why TJ chose to schedule the release on the last day of the month, even though Halloween is coming up.

26 minutes ago, songwithnosoul said:

You folks are jumping way too fast to the conclusion that the green egg is an alt. The dragons have only been out for twelve hours! Alts don't have different eggs - they used to, a long time ago, but that was changed for a reason. It's not the most logical conclusion that these eggs will suddenly turn that trend back after so long. There's more precedent with eggs that take a long time to cycle between different colours/forms - look at the Seasonals and Lunar Heralds. My guess is that the colour changes once a day - or maybe once a month, and that's why TJ chose to schedule the release on the last day of the month, even though Halloween is coming up.

It could be an alt that's not rare, or something like stripes. It doesn't have to keep the old alt formula. Of course could be time related, too, but we won't know either way for a while. It's just fun to speculate.

6 minutes ago, Sugarbeets said:

I caught a the green are glossy egg in the Forest.

If you're talking about this egg, that's a Greater Spotted Drake, not a new egg.

11 minutes ago, lean2fire said:

Didn't the yellow Undine alt have a different color egg?

No, the egg was/is the same color for both regular and alt.

22 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

It could be an alt that's not rare, or something like stripes. It doesn't have to keep the old alt formula. Of course could be time related, too, but we won't know either way for a while. It's just fun to speculate.

True - and I like those suggestions! It just surprises me that almost everybody posting here believes it's an alt rather than a time-related change, even though the latter has far more precedent than the former, and is therefore more likely.

An alt colored BRED egg would be a nice addition, all the others have some sort of instant time based "penalty" Knowing  instantly would be nice even if the penalty is a very high regular/low alt ratio

TJ has never believed in "more likely" :dry:B)

Edited by dragonpuck

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Well, not at night, because no one got any last night. Possibly time-based in some other way, or alts,

I was thinking maybe a different kind of night. MIDNIGHT is still technically morning. I wonder if maybe like around 10pm or something? I just hope they aren't like Undines, where breeding a different color is darn near impossible! I hope they're like Nebbies, where you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of getting either color when you breed them.

So happy that September release got squeezed in at the last minute.  I think the Purple eggs with the gold ridges are gorgeous. Makes me want to be able to freeze an egg.

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No, the egg was/is the same color for both regular and alt.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the release day egg WAS golden colored. It wasn't until folk had adults to breed and you didn't know it was an ALT until the egg hatched and the hatchlings came out golden. These could be the same way.. only TJ's release day eggs are green, and then when we get to start breeding all the eggs will be red and we won't know until the hatchling comes out green that it's an ALT.

11 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the release day egg WAS golden colored. It wasn't until folk had adults to breed and you didn't know it was an ALT until the egg hatched and the hatchlings came out golden. These could be the same way.. only TJ's release day eggs are green, and then when we get to start breeding all the eggs will be red and we won't know until the hatchling comes out green that it's an ALT.

You know what, I think you're right! I remember my first breeding of Undines, and I immediately dumped it because it was a green egg. I later checked and my dragons had bred a golden babin, but I think I would have waited to see if I wasn't expecting it to be golden.

...now that I have been corrected, why the heck did I abandon that baby. If I'd just waited...

Edited by silver_tiger

9 minutes ago, Cinnamin Draconna said:

This is incorrect. TJ's alt Undines had green eggs. I was there, y'all.

Edited by TCA

23 minutes ago, TCA said:

This is incorrect. TJ's alt Undines had green eggs. I was there, y'all.

Yup!

Can't wait to find out the secret of these new green ones!  ;)

30 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

...now that I have been corrected, why the heck did I abandon that baby. If I'd just waited...

Maybe you were late enough for the release that you didn't see TJ's eggs?

i'm just not sure what time it would be following

i was there last night for its release at DC time and it was red eggs, and all day today it is still the Red egg, so if it didn't happen at night and it's not happening during hte day, what time frame would it be working under?

That's why I think it's a bred alt, like the stripes or nebulae XD

it's not so much 'jumping to conclusions' as it is logical deduction =P If it was Red at night...and Red during hte day...then odds are they'll still be red no matter what time it is

Edited by Sirithiliel

I... am glad I got a lot of the Glassy eggs. I didn't realize there were two different forms. @.@ Hope I influenced them correctly.

No guys, Undines are the same as Blacks and Vines and always were, they just bred a lot of alts when they first came out since the ratios hadn't balanced yet.

Has anyone brought up the fact that the Golden Ridged ones can't be Bitten? They aren't the right size for a Drake or Pygmy, but it doesn't really look like a Two-Headed either. Unless it suddenly sprouts a head when it genders.

Just now, Kovia said:

Has anyone brought up the fact that the Golden Ridged ones can't be Bitten? They aren't the right size for a Drake or Pygmy, but it doesn't really look like a Two-Headed either. Unless it suddenly sprouts a head when it genders.

I dunno, they look like a two-head to me, the second head's all dark and offset to the left from the close one.

Dorsal Dragons and Ridgewings have different colored eggs depending on the color of the dragon. It is possible that this dragon, if an "alt" could have a different color egg too (though probably when bred since no one has seen a green egg yet).