TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

I'm glad we figured it out, and I'll admit that it's really cool to see the mana alignment finally in use, but I'm so disappointed that we can't get caveborns. Goodbye lineage plans

You can do lineages around 2nd gens.

I love them all and I am aching to breed. Thanks for a great job, spriters !

I hope PBs become green. I honestly don't like the pairings for the earth-based dragons as I'm now a huge fan of the Spinels and will only breed them together if purebred offspring can become green. If not, then it's my loss :dry:

New dragons! And of the two new breeds is a two-headed breed! :wub: :wub: So i hope that in the long run i will get the minimum amount of CBs that i want on my scroll.^^ I saw this very late.

I'm glad that it's not chance related, at least! The earth alignment quirk is very cute, and I'm very happy to see alignments pop up somewhere besides GoN hybrid breeding.

Thank you to all the fun-ruiners out there for figuring the green ones out! And thanks TCA for confirming the fun-ruiners. :P

Eh, I'm glad the "secret" got spoiled instead of us having to speculate for a ****  eternity. Dark Luminas, looking at you...

Breed-only doesn't bother me in the slightest. While a Black/Vine/Undine-type alt would've been neat, I really don't mind the "breed with Earth-mana dragons"-thing, either. I strongly dislike super-rare dragons that only a select few people can catch, people ask for your arms and legs and firstborn children when you try to trade for them. Making green Spinels breed-only was, in my opinion, an excellent choice.

7 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Eh, I'm glad the "secret" got spoiled instead of us having to speculate for a ****  eternity. Dark Luminas, looking at you...

Breed-only doesn't bother me in the slightest. While a Black/Vine/Undine-type alt would've been neat, I really don't mind the "breed with Earth-mana dragons"-thing, either. I strongly dislike super-rare dragons that only a select few people can catch, people ask for your arms and legs and firstborn children when you try to trade for them. Making green Spinels breed-only was, in my opinion, an excellent choice.

Especially a rare with a new-hype. You either have to get lucky and catch one yourself, pay the exorbitant prices people charge, or wait who knows how long for the hype to wear off and the price to fall.

Yeah, I am glad they are bred only.

Will they ALWAYS breed green with Earth-element dragons? Or is it a chance of being green? (If it's a Spinel I mean)

Edited by Laura Borealis

I'm pleased that the Green Spinals aren't going to be rare of uncommon CBs.

I am though rather sorry they are in effect a kind of hybrid rather than an alt in the way Undines, Blacks & Greens have alts. I rather liked the idea of creating lineages with them, but given they won't match the parent for me that's now not possible. However, better that than rare - I'll breed my scroll goal of the Greens in due course.

I really like both the Spinals and the Bautas - the colours and poses of both breeds are really lovely. Thank you, spriters.

image.png

16 minutes ago, Laura Borealis said:

Will they ALWAYS breed green with Earth-element dragons? Or is it a chance of being green?

The descriptions'"Occassionally" suggest this might be still luck... BUT also there are very few Earth breeds and this also might be what is meant - that very few breeds can breed that altbrid. We'll see after the ratios even out... or for TCA's info ^^

Edited by VixenDra

12 minutes ago, Nakeisha said:

I am though rather sorry they are in effect a kind of hybrid rather than an alt in the way Undines, Blacks & Greens have alts. I rather liked the idea of creating lineages with them, but given they won't match the parent for me that's now not possible. However, better that than rare - I'll breed my scroll goal of the Greens in due course.

You can still do lineages and have them match the parent, if you use non-Earth dragons, yes?

15 minutes ago, Laura Borealis said:

You can still do lineages and have them match the parent, if you use non-Earth dragons, yes?

Yes, I can do lineages with the Red ones. But I meant the Green ones. For me as the Green off-spring won't match the parent then I can't do lineages with them.

Thank you spriters abd TJ for these wonderful new addditions before the holidays kick off. It's nice to have an early treat before all the Halloween trickery begin. I can't waitto breed these guys and I think I'll breed some reds to the purple halloween dragons we got last year (at least I think they were last year lol. )

6 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Well, I guess this breeding mechanic saved me from trying to do a male (red) Spinel x female Gold checker.  XD  That wouldn't work if earth element parents make all the babies green.

This was my hope for a [perfect] checker as well.   It would have been lovely. :(

Still a neat mechanic.  I'll just have to be careful to check elements of prospective mates.

Has anyone tried to breed a Purebred yet?

27 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Has anyone tried to breed a Purebred yet?

I did - and got a red: https://dragcave.net/progeny/RpAAe

But it should be possible to get a green as well, right? Since Spinels are supposed to be Earth aligned?

Who says they are earth aligned. All we KNOW is that bred with earth they produce greens. Other than that...? Or did I miss something ?

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

Who says they are earth aligned. All we KNOW is that bred with earth they produce greens. Other than that...? Or did I miss something ?

And even that isn't a surety.  I've had 4 fails so far (have to wait for more to mature)...

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Well I was thinking of this:

8 hours ago, CursedFlames said:
[6:09 PM] 🥔 A cat 🥔: if you breed two greens together are you also supposed to get another green, tca?
[6:10 PM] TCA, the Golden Witch: Well seeing as Chryso spinels are Earth element I should hope so!!

So we do know that green Spinels are Earth. BUT I didn't realize that TCA was talking about GREEN Spinels only... So yeah, maybe Red Spinels aren't Earth aligned at all. -_-

8 hours ago, CursedFlames said:

By the way everyone TCA has confirmed the earth alignment theory in the unofficial DC Discord.

6:07 PM] TCA, the Golden Witch: Chrysoberyl variants are produced when Spinels are bred to Earth element dragons.

Fuzzbucket, *points up* CursedFlamed said TCA confirmed it in DC Discord.

Edited by kiramaru7
Ninja'd

I sent a Purebred to the AP earlier.  Didn't want or mean to, I just forgot that I had 8 eggs, and hadn't read the forums on breeding on my phone in the bus station!

Got to wait a while to breed, but I'm thinking I'll use Flamingo Wyverns right now.

I'm really liking this release, thank you TJ and spriters and thank you to all those who sussed things out and passed information on!