TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

You know. I feel I should clarify I meant Green/Earth dragons for my last post and not green Spinels.

Green/Earth dragons should beget green Spinels when bred with Red ones in theory.

Edit: Thanks Marionetta for the Copper confirmation! Turns out I do have a few free Coppers! 😃

Edit2:

Confirmed pairings - Golds, Pyralspites, Terraes, Daimonwings, Coppers

Confirmed Theory - Red Spinel x Earth-aligned Dragon = Green Spinel

Quoted until I can figure out how to do spoilers by phone.

Edited by Shokomon
Adding text

9 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Yay! Diamondwing lineage looks pretty. https://dragcave.net/lineage/ez23G

Huzzah! Am planning to do those too, glad it looks good.

Also want to try mutamores. I'm curious, since they have two elemental affinities, will that affect whether they create a green?

By the way everyone TCA has confirmed the earth alignment theory in the unofficial DC Discord.

6:07 PM] TCA, the Golden Witch: Chrysoberyl variants are produced when Spinels are bred to Earth element dragons.

It would be great to be able to filter for element in the encyclopedia. 

But still a neat breeding mechanic! :D

Well apparently I'll be waiting until morning to breed a green egg (that I can actually keep) because my eggs still aren't hatched (it's been four freaking hours) and it's late and I'm sick and falling asleep. So... Night all. Have fun!

Now, the next thing to prove is will they stay green. As in, will offspring of green spinels stay green in absence of an Earth-aligned parent?

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Now, the next thing to prove is will they stay green. As in, will offspring of green spinels stay green in absence of an Earth-aligned parent?

I believe TCA has said that they will

EDIT:

[6:09 PM] 🥔 A cat 🥔: if you breed two greens together are you also supposed to get another green, tca?
[6:10 PM] TCA, the Golden Witch: Well seeing as Chryso spinels are Earth element I should hope so!!
Edited by CursedFlames

25 minutes ago, CursedFlames said:

By the way everyone TCA has confirmed the earth alignment theory in the unofficial DC Discord.

6:07 PM] TCA, the Golden Witch: Chrysoberyl variants are produced when Spinels are bred to Earth element dragons.

pls

I wanted the forums to puzzle over it longer ;w; darn fun-ruining... fun-ruiner

Edited by TCA

My first try with a Red Spinal X Gold breeding resulted in "not showing much interest in one another"...  rats...

Two more Red Spinals shot down in flames.  with a Copper and a Diamondwing...  double rats!!!

Edited by Husky51

Well, I guess this breeding mechanic saved me from trying to do a male (red) Spinel x female Gold checker.  XD  That wouldn't work if earth element parents make all the babies green.

39 minutes ago, Velvet_paw said:

List here

Earth elemental

Edit: @TheDoggy I was looking too. Can't wait til mine grow up :)

This was posted a while ago...

Thanks, everyone, for figuring the green ones out! Can't wait for my spinels to grow up (still 10 hours to go)...

So, tried the last available Red Spinel x Green and they won't even go near each other...  4 for 4...  No greenies yet...

Should have a few more Red's

tomorrow

Well I got a Chrysoberyl from a Diamondwing x Spinel pair. Was hoping for one from Spinel x Green Copper but they refused. >.<

I'm glad that the greens are rather simple to get, though. Should make hoarding them somewhat easy! :lol:

So they're not rares, just GoN-like hybrid things...le'sigh.

giphy.webp

gcncSBj.png

The breeding mechanics are a HUGE disappointment to me, the rest is fine, a tired cliche for a DC dragon to be themed around (another shiny...), but other then that just fine overall, perfectly decent. 

Not blaming anyone but myself for the disappointment but man am I sad about that.

Again for those in the back who are about to bite my head off!

They're fine and the other things I said liked about them a while back still stand, they have an actual personalty beyond blandly benevolent and an okay (but cliche) design, but man was I hoping for something like alt blacks and undines. 

Edited by blockEdragon

7 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

So they're not rares, just GoN-like hybrid things...le'sigh.

giphy.webp

gcncSBj.png

The breeding mechanics are a HUGE disappointment to me, the rest is fine, a tired cliche for a DC dragon to be themed around (another shiny...), but other then that just fine overall, perfectly decent. 

Not blaming anyone but myself for the disappointment but man am I sad about that.

Again for those in the back who are about to bite my head off!

They're fine and the other things I said liked about them a while back still stand, they have an actual personalty beyond blandly benevolent and an okay (but cliche) design, but man was I hoping for something like alt blacks and undines. 

I still don't understand what you have against shiny dragons though... :huh:

38 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I still don't understand what you have against shiny dragons though... :huh:

Repetition is boring and annoying after a while and shiny dragons are SOOOOOO overdone right now.

They where awesome at first but now i'm SICK of them and could go a while without them, we have enough (unless it's tanglewyrms, we need tanglewyrms in DC!)

I think "shiny" and all it's synonyms seriously need to be placed on the guidelines of discouraged traits so slow down it's overuse, and "rare" needs to be taken off (and encouraged while we're at it!)

Though I have my exceptions to my hatred of new shinnies,

narcis' (seen in your sig) are alright because they finally are a shiny dragon that is actively malicious which is unlike basically every shiny dragon with a nearly perfect personalty, and tanglewyrms are pixelated masterpieces that should have been added years ago, They're both good and I wanna see em in cave but for the most part, i'm not interested in the rest of the shiny concepts unless they offer something really good (like being true rares or having something REALLY interesting about them) 

Edited by blockEdragon

4 hours ago, TCA said:

pls

I wanted the forums to puzzle over it longer ;w; darn fun-ruining... fun-ruiner

I dare to disagree with you here XD Since people did figure it out already, a word of  confirmation they're right is a blessing we wereARE denied with the Lumina breeding ^^; I actually wanted to thank you for admitting to it SOMEWHERE and to thank people for quoting you<3

Not a fan of such requirements for an alt though... (And will have to rely on my bf to breed 2 for me, probably will ask for Almandine gene as they at least look related. Or Diamonwings for better colour match?)

But I'll live with it - as long as green Spinels DO produce green Spinel offspring (fingers crossed it is/will be coded as TCA seems to want it to be^^).

Edited by VixenDra

As someone who honestly despises rare dragons, I'm really happy that the green Spinels are breedable. I love shiny dragons that everyone can get relatively easily since it means that more people can enjoy them! I only have a few hours until my first batch of babies start to grow up, and I really can't wait to start playing around with lineages.