TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i got my first green

https://dragcave.net/lineage/msauh

AY! We have a success!

So for Golds are the way to go... Which is bad for me because I don't got any free Golds.

Anyone tried any other mates, shiny or non-shiny? 

Edit: Congrats Sirithiliel! 

Edited by Shokomon

Lol sorry!  XD Also it almost is looking like they can only be bred by golds and reds.... Hopefully other metallics work too.

1 minute ago, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

So, can only get from golds?

Someone try breeding them with silvers?

I'm 0 for 2, and got a red/silver....

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

AY! We have a success!

So for Golds are the way to go... Which is bad for me because I don't got any free Golds.

Anyone tried any other mates, shiny or non-shiny? 

Edit: Congrats Sirithiliel! 

I hae tried:

Red spinel w/ red spinel = red spinel

Red spinel w/ gold = green spinel

Red wpinel w/ Pink Zyumorph = red spinel

The info on the wiki says spinels line their nests with Earth mana. Maybe you can only get greens with Earth element dragons?

Just now, maaters said:

The info on the wiki says spinels line their nests with Earth mana. Maybe you can only get greens with Earth element dragons?

This sounds good to me. Wish I had adults to help test.

4 minutes ago, pixiezbite said:

I'm 0 for 2, and got a red/silver....

Aww..

And GOLD is my only gold.

GAH

Edited by RainbowTheAlbinoServal

So it has been noticed that Golds have an Earth Elemental Affinity. This is significant because In the Earth's crust, aluminium is the most abundant metallic element. Aluminium is needed for the formation of Chrysoberyl.
I don't have any grown Spinels to test this theory out though. Pyralspites also fall into the Earth Elemental Affinity and they were also sprited by TCA... Just a thought.

Edited by lulu_witch

Those 4 were the last of my current adults, the other 2 i have wont' grow up until tomorrow, then i can try more pairings

So in theory Green dragons could work as well? Don't have any free Greens either...

Edit: Nice, pixiezbite!

Edited by Shokomon

2 minutes ago, lulu_witch said:

So it has been noticed that Golds have an Earth Elemental Affinity. This is significant because In the Earth's crust, aluminium is the most abundant metallic element. Aluminium is needed for the formation of Chrysoberyl.
I don't have any grown Spinels to test this theory out though. Pyralspites also fall into the Earth Elemental Affinity and they were also sprited by TCA... Just a thought.

Oooh good call on that one

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SR75s

I have a green from gold and a red from silver.  I tried green, but got no egg.  

Edited by ainisarie

No greens for me this week, but I don't mind if it takes me a while. I'm glad they're breed only, always very relaxed to deal with breed onlies. 

Oh i have no CB golds but i have pyralsprites *happy dance*

Omg I am so freaking stupid. Just bred a Spinel with a Pyralspite, and it did indeed give a green egg.... Which auto-abandoned because my ER-timed eggs had not yet hatched. Arrrrggghhhh. I'm usually so much better about keeping track of that sort of thing. I just got too excited I guess. I have one more adult Spinel to try, and this time I will make sure my eggs hatch first!

14 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Omg I am so freaking stupid. Just bred a Spinel with a Pyralspite, and it did indeed give a green egg.... Which auto-abandoned because my ER-timed eggs had not yet hatched. Arrrrggghhhh. I'm usually so much better about keeping track of that sort of thing. I just got too excited I guess. I have one more adult Spinel to try, and this time I will make sure my eggs hatch first!

I did the exact same thing a minute ago. :/ Bred with a Terrae and got a green egg which is GREAT because that's exactly the lineage I wanted to try... and it auto-abandoned. Gah. (progeny link if you guys want to see)

Anyway, this is new, and neat, and while I would have liked it very much if we could get the green variant in cave, I still prefer this greatly to a new super rare dragon. :P

Edit: here's another one (that I actually managed to keep)

Edited by Aleoleo

Wait, so we get greens from breeding with rare dragons? Has anyone tried with golden wyverns?

From breeding with dragons that have an Earth elemental afinity, apparently.

So, if the previous theory is correct, then ALL the standard dragons with Earth Elemental affinity could work to produce the green Spinel. Just looked up all of the Earth Elemental Dragons.

I can't WAIT for mine to grow up to try some of these!

Well, it works with coppers.

I thought about testing the element theory with a green. I have plenty. But I liked the idea of coppers with spinels too much to wait. I have more spinels growing up in the morning. I can try then if we're still in doubt as to how to get the green ones.

Also, I'm going to fog that egg shortly. So... green spinel from liver of sulfur copper and red spinel.