TJ09

2017-09-30 - September Dragon Release

The descriptions don't make it any more likely they are bred-only - it says they are occassionally BORN green, not BRED or 'in caprivity' or sth, and CBs are CaveBORN :P TJ's post suggests both reds and greens should be available in the Desert and Volcano... unless he worded that one in a very unfortunate way(at least how it reads for me but I'm not a native to English) and it's completely not what he wanted to hint:P

so, yah, we know nothing new except for the greens are the rare(r) variety:P

If they are available as CBs it may mean they're available on less days or sth than reds

Edited by VixenDra

Once again, a set of gorgious dragons. The Bauta Dragons look beautyful and the Spinel dragons look very elegant. I actually prever the red ones, but would like some of the green ones aswell.

Has anyone got a clue on how to get those yet?

I've completely missed this release as I'm presently in the middle of a European vacation that I treated my mom to.  Hopefully when I get back to the US and regular internet access I can trade from some 2nd gen bred ones.

Do we know who the artists are?

Never mind. I got off my lazy butt and checked wiki. Thank you, TheCompleteAnimorph and Marrionetta!

Edited by Lesh4537

I'm in love with this release, the Bauta Dragons are gorgeous, and I really like the simplicity of the Spinels. Still super anxious to know how the green is obtained, though.

These are awesome! *adding to my favourite dragons collection* I'm perfectly OK with catching these beauties instead of building my BSA army for Halloween. I want to meet them in real life. :lol:

Oh wow, the Bautas are absolutely gorgeous! Definitely my favorite two-headed at the moment. I didn't know I needed purple alicorn dragons in my life until now, but I shall hoard these beauties XD

The Spinel wyverns look so playful! I personally prefer the red variant, but I'm curious to find out how the greens can be obtained. 

Thanks for an amazing release, TCA and Marrionetta!

4 hours ago, Ripan said:

That adult two-head is looking pretty regal! Pretty in purple, but that body build is no pushover. ;)

He eats his wheaties.

Just now, Marrionetta said:

He eats his wheaties.

It is a lovely dragon, Marri.   The spinels are too.  I do like gemstones.

Congrats to you and to TCA, and thanks TJ for a beautiful addition.

2 minutes ago, ainisarie said:

It is a lovely dragon, Marri.   The spinels are too.  I do like gemstones.

Congrats to you and to TCA, and thanks TJ for a beautiful addition.

Thank you. I'm always shocked we manage a release where most people like all the art. Feels good, man.

@VixenDra TCA (the spriter) mentioned that no one but TJ has a green right now, which basically rules out them just being rare cave drops. I mean, maybe they could do a weird thing where they just drop in the cave on certain days or months, but I doubt it. Undine Alts are mentioned as being "blessed by water spirits due to their parents care of the waterways," which also doesn't seem like a bred thing only criteria--yet as we know, they're only bred.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I don't know why, but does anyone think of Gemshard dragons when seeing the Wyverns? They sort of look like as if they may be related...

OMG these dragons are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them both. Can someone PLEASE put us out of our misery and tell us HOW to get the green ones

Fantastic job Mari and TCA and thank you for the release TJ

I habe the feeling we wont know how to obtain the greens until they are adult at least. Though now I am assuming that they are bred alts.

32 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@VixenDra TCA (the spriter) mentioned that no one but TJ has a green right now, which basically rules out them just being rare cave drops. I mean, maybe they could do a weird thing where they just drop in the cave on certain days or months, but I doubt it. Undine Alts are mentioned as being "blessed by water spirits due to their parents care of the waterways," which also doesn't seem like a bred thing only criteria--yet as we know, they're only bred.

Then TJ would use some very unfortunate;y misleading wording on the main post:P (Which ofc is also a possibility)

Still, nothing rules them out as Cave drops yet either... they could drop e.g. only during the both fullmoons (or whatever that lasts short compared to the many regular/other days), which would make them drop much less than reds, especially if their rarity was also closer to rare than the reds', lately we've been geting a few breeds that don't follow any former pattern, so nothing can be ruled out yet, except for regular rarity difference (so it's not the Ridgewing and Dorsal type, but with the egg telling the alt they are also not exactly like Undines, Blacks and Vines either, atm they can be either like Stripeds or sth new like e.g. the Lunars were)

Spinel is MgAl2O4. Chrysoberyl, which is green, is BeAl2O4. The green variant is based off chrysoberyl. More information to come :3

10 minutes ago, TCA said:

Spinel is MgAl2O4. Chrysoberyl, which is green, is BeAl2O4. The green variant is based off chrysoberyl. More information to come :3

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, SCIENCE!  My chemist's heart approves!  :D

9 minutes ago, TCA said:

Wikipedia says:

Beryllium is a chemical element with symbol Be and atomic number 4. It is a relatively rare element in the universe, usually occurring as a product of the spallation of larger atomic nuclei that have collided with cosmic rays.

... So you're saying we have to shoot cosmic rays at the red ones to make them produce green eggs?

From the internet:

"Chrysoberyl displays the "Alexandrite Effect" where the stone looks green in daylight (rich in blue light) and red in candle light (rich in red light). (Comparision of the two together.) This effect is most obvious in thick stones, and is due to the substitution of Cr+++ for Al+++."

Does this mean it's a day/night thing? Is it like the Nocturne where it turns green in the day? Certainly something to ponder.