Shokomon

Dragon Cave Website, Forum, and Mobile Layout Changes

Because a specific thread for this didn't exist before. 

(Or at least, I haven't found one. If any one has, feel free to link it, so I can post in the appropriate thread and close this one. I searched for one, but I didn't find any like this.)

---

Basically, the idea behind this thread is to have a space to discuss and complain about changes in the Dragon Cave website layout or forum layout (including mobile updates,) especially if an update happens without a corresponding forum post. I figured a general post for any changes would be nice, just to see what people think. I've done it before, but in the wrong space ("Suggestions," which is better for when you have issues with the new layout that you want to change, rather than just to mention or discuss.) 

As such, I'm making a thread for that purpose.

So, to start this off, GUESS WHAT JUST CHANGED?!

35ibx4x.jpg

The Breed Page! Again!

The adults are side by side now! I like it though. Seeing the sprites next each other is nice. 

Old Breed Page Layout for Reference: 

vphxc0.jpg

I like the new breed results layout. To me, they look more like a "couple" or whatever when they are right next to each other like that, then rather then one under the other.

On mobile, I noticed I don't have the option to add something to a group from the "viewing egg/hatchling/dragon" page. I believe I used to be able to do so before. 

Just me?

16 hours ago, Toyo said:

On mobile, I noticed I don't have the option to add something to a group from the "viewing egg/hatchling/dragon" page. I believe I used to be able to do so before. 

Just me?

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean? I'm not sure what you are referring too.

There used to be an option to add dragons to groups on the "dragcave.net/view/-----" page. I'm not seeing it there anymore. I believe it used to be in the top right corner?

Edit: The corner now only has the action icon and the link icon, but no groups icon. Am not cool enough to add screenshot.

Edited by Toyo

59d160d6b0c5f_Capture_2017-10-01-17-39-48.thumb.png.4c9a6ac784fc982ee9a8c690905d40d4.png

*screenshots a dragon page*

Oh huh. You are correct. Those two icons have been there since the last major mobile layout overhaul, but there is no group icon... Where'd it go?

How inconvenient.

Edited by Shokomon
Shrinking image because big

The lack of a group icon is extremely inconvenient. I used it on a regular basis and would really love to have it back.

This seems like something that should be reported here:

That way we can call attention to it to get it fixed. But, yeah, agreed. It should be added back for mobile users.

Well, I do like the new breeding layout with the dragons next to each other. But the "x" is too small and unnoticeable. A bigger, bolder one, please. XD

On 10/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, Toyo said:

There used to be an option to add dragons to groups on the "dragcave.net/view/-----" page. I'm not seeing it there anymore. I believe it used to be in the top right corner?

Edit: The corner now only has the action icon and the link icon, but no groups icon. Am not cool enough to add screenshot.

Looks like it got fixed! Though...

59d6bcf8536a0_Capture_2017-10-05-19-13-17.thumb.png.8adbf392e1ca955102f82d07053296cd.png

Now the name overlapps with the gear/action option.

Hmm. Well, that's better than not having it!

@Shokomon, thank you for all the screenshots and follow ups on this, I'm glad it is fixed!

Hey the breed page changed recently.

5a6a730281ee5_NewBreedPageLayout-Breedbutton.PNG.9323136dafb3ecb374485515387f89ff.PNG

The breed text is now a pseudo-button. I like it I think.

I wish I had a pic from before the change. 

Oh well.

Updates to the mobile!

We finally have the pretty backgrounds!

1330318997_Capture_2019-07-19-22-07-56.thumb.png.381ea00142b33eae6eec27eb194fdaec.png236933763_Capture_2019-07-19-22-08-16.thumb.png.3933e691fb3b65687136286e269a85e1.png951412916_Capture_2019-07-19-22-09-03.thumb.png.6f3b379c15c6721e262207988f3d4b8f.png1195154031_Capture_2019-07-19-22-09-27.thumb.png.02c01658b0bb5e28aa56034848ffad46.png974990534_Capture_2019-07-19-22-09-54.thumb.png.50b55c7e0b3634e310a56c05f348ad74.png1600197340_Capture_2019-07-19-22-10-32.thumb.png.cb56997089b53ec0188eda9182c68849.png

It's soooooooooo nice!

Edited by Shokomon
Shrinking big images

I noticed that I can login in my mobile withouth logging off my desktop computer (where I usually play) No idea if it's recent, but I loved it!

I can do that, too. I remember it's something that became a thing a while ago, like a few months or so, it worked for some people but not for me. But now it does! ^_^

Abandoned page seems to have been updated. Lowtime eggs are mixing with higher time eggs. I suspect the change is making it so eggs bred by the same person are limited in how many show up at a time.

unknown.png

Also, hatchery API has been updated so hatcheries are no longer 30 minutes early and I suspect won't show 0 day eggs anymore.

On 7/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Abandoned page seems to have been updated. Lowtime eggs are mixing with higher time eggs. I suspect the change is making it so eggs bred by the same person are limited in how many show up at a time.

unknown.png

Also, hatchery API has been updated so hatcheries are no longer 30 minutes early and I suspect won't show 0 day eggs anymore.

Huh, I didn't notice that. *checks*

399315418_Capture_2019-07-25-08-42-57.thumb.png.c1b597b4ce16bbc9e91d5967abddf1a2.png

It doesn't look different to me, but then again, there is no mass breed wall right now.

Maybe it will show with the next mass breed.

As for the API, is that a good thing or bad thing?

Edited by Shokomon
shrinking big images

@Shokomon Might have been a bug while TJ was adjusting the AP.

It's neutral? Hatcheries now are no longer 30 mins early which is both a good thing (makes more sense) and a bad thing (can't ER eggs early).

Trading Hub update!

1701816508_Capture_2019-08-12-08-50-07.thumb.png.09156c385c3e764c334c71655f8ac4a1.png

I think this is really helpful! Thank to all of you who petitioned for the change in the Suggestions Subforum.

On a different note, due to recent forum upgrades, if you have an image cycler or gif, make sure the image address is an "https://" address or the forum will break it in an attempt to make the image more secure:

13 hours ago, TJ09 said:
15 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Your summon was successful! ^_^ I'll try my hand at it. ❤️

The forum software proxies HTTP images (but leaves HTTPS images untouched). Unfortunately, it also overwrites any cache-related headers with its own in the process. Since cyclers rely on short and/or very specific cache settings, this tends to destroy cyclers.

{Snip}

I don't think it's proxying, I think it's re-hosting. Thus, anything dynamic will stop being dynamic after being saved to the forums. This is an unfortunate but necessary thing to reduce cases of browsers warning about "partially insecure content." It's also not a bug but an intentional change in the forum software.

The solution, though, is correct: use HTTPS whenever possible and I don't think it'll mess with those.

The more you know~

Minor update!

291583398_DragonCave-InfluenceTextUpdate.PNG.eb2ea3f5707e92d00a47ff3cda7f1916.PNG

Influence language actually includes the instances where the influence will be nullified.

Nice.

New things to note!

(For the Mobile version at least) There are new Icons on the Dragons page!

They are in the top right corner!

Starting Left to Right:

- The rewinding clock links you to the Action Page.

- The Bullet List leads you to the Groups page.

- The Descending List leads you to the Sorting Main Page.

- Lastly, the Chains lead you to the List of Codes for your growing things.

Hurrah for convenience! 

I'll post a picture when my phone lets me.

Edit: Picture! (Via my computer)
image.thumb.png.89b6387083ee767cc9232f3f4537ed4f.png

Edited by Shokomon

I didn't know this thread existed! 😮

There was an update some time right before April 1st that adjusted the mobile scroll stats, and right when that update came out I learned that it also made my egg images quite... Jarring. Some of us now experience these lovely pixelated eggs while apparently other users noticed that eggs and dragon images were actually smoothed out. This is inconsistent across IOS and Android and different different browsers so I'm not sure what the problem is. But I'm not a fan :(

Screenshot_20200506-233345~2.png

Edited by schenanigans

On 5/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, schenanigans said:

I didn't know this thread existed! 😮

There was an update some time right before April 1st that adjusted the mobile scroll stats, and right when that update came out I learned that it also made my egg images quite... Jarring. Some of us now experience these lovely pixelated eggs while apparently other users noticed that eggs and dragon images were actually smoothed out. This is inconsistent across IOS and Android and different different browsers so I'm not sure what the problem is. But I'm not a fan :(

Linked because big image

It seems like that varies between each phone. For me it looks fine, but every phone is different. That kinda sucks

Also, More UPDATES! This time for the Groups!

Dragon_Cave_-_Groups_Update.thumb.PNG.9af94cf4bb8c34f67248766b8ccbe42d.PNG

I like the little icons. Looks nice.... I wonder what it looks like by phone.

I do miss the little group links, It was one-stop shopping in a sense. I want those back...

I don't like it, myself. I like just word links.... But it isn't a problem; just remarking !