Jump to content
HeatherMarie

option to "hide all growing dragons" on scroll

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

My question IS.... and maybe I am naive here... IF your stuff is fogged, does it truly MATTER if people know about it?

I have never  hidden my scroll, and I don't plan to.... though I don't mean that the options shouldn't be there... I would say that the multi-fog would be more useful to ME personally.

( Though as I said, I am not OPPOSED to the option being there and in principle I DO agree with you that the more tools we have the better)

 

I am just wondering your reasoning. Though I will confess that I don't think I have ever been deliberately and repeatedly targeted as some have ( THANK GOODNESS)

 

If someone who is out to get me knows I have growing stuff, they can add my scroll to a hatchery unless my whole scroll is hidden.. Unless it is fogged. Then they can't. (and of course if my scroll - and therefore I assume growing things ? - are hidden, I can't either. I agree if I had to pick one I would run with multifog.  But it is nice to show off your scroll without even sweet and lovely passers-by saying ooh let's look at that egg. That can in itself rack up unwanted views. I think of that person whoever it is who likes to grow everything up with 0 clicks.

 

MAYBE if this were to come to pass, it could be set up so that you can hide your growing things, but hatcheries can only see them if YOU put them in. But that I think would be too much work for TJ; there are too many hatcheries and gvery v\few ar password protected.

 

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I agree that having both options would be good. They might each be useful in their own way and complement each other. Although I'm not sure knowing you have stuff really does your attacker any good if they can't see that stuff.

 

See above :angry: :P

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

If someone who is out to get me knows I have growing stuff, they can add my scroll to a hatchery unless my whole scroll is hidden.. Unless it is fogged. Then they can't. (and of course if my scroll - and therefore I assume growing things ? - are hidden, I can't either. I agree if I had to pick one I would run with multifog.  But it is nice to show off your scroll without even sweet and lovely passers-by saying ooh let's look at that egg. That can in itself rack up unwanted views. I think of that person whoever it is who likes to grow everything up with 0 clicks.

 

MAYBE if this were to come to pass, it could be set up so that you can hide your growing things, but hatcheries can only see them if YOU put them in. But that I think would be too much work for TJ; there are too many hatcheries and gvery v\few ar password protected.

 

 

See above :angry: :P

I think I see what you are saying ( THOUGH I admit I was unaware that there were players that tried to get their stuff to grow while NEVER getting a click.)

 

Ultimately,for MYSELF what I'd really like is MORE options as to what I can do while an egg/hatchie is fogged.... along with multifog.

 

It makes no sense to me that I, ostensibly the caretaker of the egg/hatchie, cannot give it a name while it is fogged if I like... and that I apparently cannot find it to incubate it or influence it ( Assuming I remember where I left it. :P)  THOUGH as you said, IF I were given the option for all of that PLUS the ability to hide me growing things if I needed ( which it doesn't make sense we CAN'T, either to be honest... we CAN hide our adult dragons, if we wish, after all!) I certainly wouldn't complain about it. As I said... I absolutely DO agree with you that more options=better in my book.

 

All of that would be IDEAL, IMO... though I dunno how hard to implement.

Edited by JavaTigress

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh, I keep mixing up "hiding from view by not displaying on scroll" vs. "hiding from views and clicks by fogging" ...

 

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

MAYBE if this were to come to pass, it could be set up so that you can hide your growing things, but hatcheries can only see them if YOU put them in. But that I think would be too much work for TJ; there are too many hatcheries and gvery v\few ar password protected.

If only hatcheries were the issue, that would probably even be feasible to handle. Just tie API access to login procedures.

(Personally, I'd love if the API could serve my dragon data after logging in *despite* having my scroll hidden, but that's something else again ...)

 

Problem is that eggs and hatchies can (and are meant to) be posted everywhere, regardless of foggedness or not.

So the moment you unfog your little one, it can rack up stats from whichever high-traffic place it has been posted.

 

Some random attacker might get the codes to your little ones from your scroll, or from the cave by being the unsuccessful person who didn't get that shiny you just snagged, or from a random fansite where you posted the little one yourself.

 

Hiding your growing things (including their codes) could prevent someone knowing what exactly you have - but would also prevent hatcheries from seeing them, otherwise it would make no sense to even have this (because anyone can add your scroll name to a hatchery to get your little ones' codes.) However, if someone already *had* your codes, your little ones could still rack up views from being posted in a high-traffic place.

 

Hiding your things by fogging them wouldn't prevent anyone from seeing all the codes, but would protect them from getting sick from viewbombing. Mass-fogging would be perfect for leaving your scroll unattended for a while, regardless of anyone knowing codes or not.

 

I don't know, as long as hiding/unhiding your scroll (or only your growing things) from display requires multiple clicks AND your password every single time, I see more value in massfogging than in mass-not-displaying-at-all (I'm not saying I don't see any value in that at all, just not as much, mind you.)

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

All of that would be IDEAL, IMO... though I dunno how hard to implement.

I'm not sure about how hard the multi-fog option would be. This option of hiding growing things should be easy enough, since we already have the option of hiding part of our scroll (the adults). I can't see how it would be harder to hide the growing things.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Ultimately,for MYSELF what I'd really like is MORE options as to what I can do while an egg/hatchie is fogged.... along with multifog.

 

It makes no sense to me that I, ostensibly the caretaker of the egg/hatchie, cannot give it a name while it is fogged if I like... and that I apparently cannot find it to incubate it or influence it ( Assuming I remember where I left it. :P)  THOUGH as you said, IF I were given the option for all of that PLUS the ability to hide me growing things if I needed ( which it doesn't make sense we CAN'T, either to be honest... we CAN hide our adult dragons, if we wish, after all!) I certainly wouldn't complain about it. As I said... I absolutely DO agree with you that more options=better in my book.

 

 

I TOTALLY agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post

@purplehaze

My bad. After all everyone is talking about "Hide" ...if you go and check the action options on any egg or hatching you will see a "Hide" action...I dont see a "Fog" action which is merely user lexicon for the "Hide" action. I thought we may have been talking about the action using proper game terminology rather than user slang.

 

Also I would prefer a fog all to a "Hide growing things". Viewbombings happen during a release. If someone knows your scroll name they are going to throw your stuff into the Hatchery guantlet regardless if you have your growing stuff hidden. Why? Because they will know you have hidden stuff because, if you're active during a release you're actively catching the new stuff, or you have a scroll stuffed full of stuff too good to abandon, both of which are prime viewbomber targets.

 

A fog all ("hide all") option is the better option. 

 

Unless you make it so hidden things cannot receive views then nothing will change. People will still snag your stuff and chuck it in the hatcheries. I mean for all we know this person (or these persons,) have some sort of masterlist of scroll names that they just throw into the hatcheries during releases.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd really like to be able to have a scroll setting to hide my growing dragons rather than the entire scroll.  Last night I was attacked by a view bomber, I caught it quick enough the only harm was hatching an ER egg that I didn't want hatched.  But this bomber was very sophisticated.  I found my entire scroll dumped in Silvi's and fast as I took it out it was dumped back in again.  The bomber had no way to know if/when I would find out but the speed of their reposting made it very hard to pull the eggs out and slam down hide scroll before they were all entered again!  They had to be running a script/bot or some kind of program. 

 

Today I want to show my adult dragons so a potential trade partner might know how to contact me if they want, but I don't dare with this bomber potentially lurking.  Do we really need this PvP element to Dragon Cave?!?!

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently. *sigh* At least you have the option to fog your growing things, but I know it's a hassle, depending on how many little ones you're taking care of.

Share this post


Link to post

WHY can we not have the option to hide growing things, just as we do for adults?

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, olympe said:

Apparently. *sigh* At least you have the option to fog your growing things, but I know it's a hassle, depending on how many little ones you're taking care of.

Wasn't an option for the ER egg who was in a trade link with an offer I was waiting for the other scroll to become unegglocked so I could accept their hatchling.

 

Edit:  Wasn't an option for the newly bred eggs who didn't need views as they were in a different trade link.  The other stuff was in the hatcheries already.

Edited by Dracaena

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

WHY can we not have the option to hide growing things, just as we do for adults?

That's a very good question. And the most likely answer we'd get from TJ is - taadaaa! - the hide action. :( 

Share this post


Link to post

I'd love this especially with a simple button on the /dragons/ page, without having to enter the password everytime like you need to do for changing your scroll settings like "hide scroll".

 

Hit button, work fansites, hit button again. Nobody needs to see my growing stuff - not even their codes - as long as I don't put it into a teleport.

Share this post


Link to post

I still hope for this. And that it would work the same way that hiding your whole scroll does - that if you have checked "hide growing things" hatcheries and bombers can't "see" them either. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/29/2017 at 10:00 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

 

 

 

I would love this checkbox idea too! I hate hiding my scroll all the time, and it would be awesome if I could hide (but not fog!) my growing things, but still show off my adults. :)

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.