HeatherMarie

option to "hide all growing dragons" on scroll

Support poke.

I don't mind having to hide my growing things, but I don't like that doing so also hides my adults. The only alternatives are to:
1. Fog everything while I'm away, which spams my action log and gives things less time to gain views, so they take longer to hatch/grow.

2. Create a group that's a full copy of my scroll, which means re-sorting over 2.7k dragons and constant updates. (And also makes the "Ungrouped" filter much less useful.)

I thought for a second "checkboxes" would mean we could choose whether or not each dragon would be seen individually :D (which, by the way, I would absolutely love).

Still, even though I wouldn't use this feature, I still think it's a nice addition and makes sense given the other options we have. 

I would much sooner see this than passwords and log ins on fansites to be honest.

This sounds like a useful tool.... the other sounds like it could become a REAL nuisance if it so happens you don't currently need it. Having the option to quickly and easily hide all my growing things would be nice....but I would be against passwords for fansites. ESPECIALLY if they required a separate login and password from DC.... more pass words to remember and JUST not worth it most of the time IMO. So... yes to simpler ways of hiding all growing things.... and YES to some form of protection for stuff on teleport but PLEASE NO to more passwords. MOSTLY what the last would do is inconvenience rules following users.

Edited by JavaTigress

With the new release and subsequent uptick in view related shenanigans, I would like to give this another quick poke.

I'm fairly certain that I still have an unwanted admirer and have kept my scroll hidden for majority of the past month.

I also still don't like that I have to hide my adults to dissuade them from touching my growing things.

(Yes, there's fogging, but I gave my opinion on that in my previous post.)

I would love a feature like this. I don't care whether it's a checklist, an on/off setting, or a BSA for a particular dragon, but I would love an option to hide or fog everything in one click. While it's already possible to fog everything, it would be much more time effective to have an option that hides everything in one go. When you have up to 24 growing things at any one time, that means many clicks to fog them all. 

Huge, huge support for this suggestion. ^_^ 

Edited by StormWizard212

I'd love TJ's Checkbox feature.

Although I've luckily not been a target, I can see this as a wonderful solution to the problem.

Also, less clicking is less pain in my hands :D

Even regardless of viewbombing, I want people to see my nice painstakingly sorted scroll, not my messy fogged/unsorted growing children. Support!

Mass-fogging wouldn't be the same as just not showing things - those who have the codes can still add unfogged creatures to hatcheries and other places.

So I'd love to have both options: the checkboxes AND the mass-fogging feature!

Definitely in favor of both options. Really need it now more than ever (having lost some very important things, forcing me to hide my scroll completely as of recently).

I'm here to kick this apparently dead horse again.  I stopped posting in new release and event threads when they gave me the unwanted bonus of my own personal scroll bomber who stuck around for weeks going into months.  That is highly incentive to make people shut up. 

Example, if I could hide my growing dragons without hiding the entire scroll I'm be inclined to say in the current event thread "Thank you TJ for having the page scroll down to the new group of easter eggs in your basket when you collect a new one.  That's really nice!" 

But there is no option in settings to hide my growing things so I wouldn't post that in the news thread and I'll be looking over my shoulder for having posted here. :unsure:

I don't care about all the other checkbox ideas - but I have never been able to see the POINT of hiding all adults; why not hide your whole scroll ? There is never a need to show off growing things (they can be viewed from a hidden scroll when on a teleport); there IS often a need to NOT show them without having to hide your scroll.

Please can we have this ?

5 minutes ago, AVermiciousKnid said:

After what happened to EATW especially, I really wish TJ would do something about this.

Hiding growing things would be a definite start.

To be fair to TJ - any determined bomber can do whatever they like without using a fan site or anything. There is literally nothing TJ can do about that. But yes, the ability to hide growing things would be a help.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't care about all the other checkbox ideas - but I have never been able to see the POINT of hiding all adults; why not hide your whole scroll ? There is never a need to show off growing things (they can be viewed from a hidden scroll when on a teleport); there IS often a need to NOT show them without having to hide your scroll.

Please can we have this ?

The only time I've used "hide all adults"  was when view-bombing my own scroll.  (such as trying to kill hatchlings for Halloween once upon a time) because I could refresh the page easier/faster if it didn't load everything.  So, yeah, not really something you ever need. 

Support BUMPITY-BUMP for this idea.

Been doing a lot of fogging of my growing things lately and it is SO tedious to have to click each and EVERY one to hide and unhide them.

Not having to hide all just to protect the little ones? Much support! Not too different from my current 100% hiding in terms of click-click-unhide-hatchery-rehide, but at least offering breeding would be more of a possibility... Would also appreciate trade protection, but waiting till they are hatched/stunning has been working out well enough, I s'pose. Rather not rely on BSAs, though.

VERY LOUD BUMP (I was just hiding 24 things... It's a PAIN.)

OR have a "hide" link where all growing things showed up (or add "hide" check boxes to the growing things page) and then we could go down and check off  several  without having to go to each page, and hit save....

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

VERY LOUD BUMP (I was just hiding 24 things... It's a PAIN.)

OR have a "hide" link where all growing things showed up (or add "hide" check boxes to the growing things page) and then we could go down and check off  several  without having to go to each page, and hit save....

Yes, please! Any of these would be an improvement! I am under attack by a view-bomber again, apparently, and it is a real pain to have to select each egg/hatchling individually. Hiding them each time I can't be at my computer and then unhiding to get them some views while I can be watchful, may mean up to 4 x that I hide and 3 times that I unhide during a day. Times 24 growing things on my scroll. That's 168 actions a day just to keep my babies growing without being killed!!! Plus hiding and unhiding my scroll each time I want to put them back in the hatcheries after they are removed for being fogged!

I think this should be prioritised now due to the trading market's introduction. If you post a trade it necessarily displays your scroll name and tbh I don't want to hide my entire scroll all the time. Hide growing things!

Please I want a hide/fog all button! Its so annoying when EVERY SINGLE RELEASE you have to fog fog fog fog fog fog fog X24 things and then reverse that when you realize you forgot to influence or forgot to incubate or when its time to get them some views.

Literally this past release I had to fog and unfog at least twice a day until the dang viewbombers got tired (of course when I could have USED their help hatching all the er eggs they seemed to have forgot I existed xD).

Seriously so annoyed with all this crap I actually had to hide my username on my scroll and remove my scroll link from my signature here and I bet some of the bombers will STILL remember my scroll name! I want a 1 click and done option!

Ideally I would love the option to pick and choose on a menu which pixels I wanted to hide. I mean lets say I had 24 growing items and half were close to hatching/growing up I would still be forced to individually click into the options on TWELVE pixels to either hide (in the current format) or unhide (if all we had was a "hide/fog all" button) ...on a smallish mobile phone that can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 depending on my internet speed at the time.

Would be nice if my own dragons could see through my magic fog, so that they could incubate, influence etc. Ward already works through the fog, at least.

That would be an additional plus for mass-fogging as well, by cutting down on the fog-micromanagement!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Being able to act on your dragons (such as incubate, influence, etc...) is the main reason why i would prefer a "hide all growing dragons on scroll" option (same as current "hide all adults") over a mass-fog.

6 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Please I want a hide/fog all button! Its so annoying when EVERY SINGLE RELEASE you have to fog fog fog fog fog fog fog X24 things and then reverse that when you realize you forgot to influence or forgot to incubate or when its time to get them some views.

Literally this past release I had to fog and unfog at least twice a day until the dang viewbombers got tired (of course when I could have USED their help hatching all the er eggs they seemed to have forgot I existed xD).

Seriously so annoyed with all this crap I actually had to hide my username on my scroll and remove my scroll link from my signature here and I bet some of the bombers will STILL remember my scroll name! I want a 1 click and done option!

Ideally I would love the option to pick and choose on a menu which pixels I wanted to hide. I mean lets say I had 24 growing items and half were close to hatching/growing up I would still be forced to individually click into the options on TWELVE pixels to either hide (in the current format) or unhide (if all we had was a "hide/fog all" button) ...on a smallish mobile phone that can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 depending on my internet speed at the time.

There is actually a separate suggestion for fogging/unfogging all growing things. This suggestion deals with the account selection to hide your scroll, which allows you to hide only adults, but has no selection to hide only growing things. I prefer being able to do this because, as others have pointed out, you can still act on your eggs and also they can still get views.

The trouble I have with this - though I totally support it - is that your scroll shows your number of growing things. So someone out to get you knows you Have Stuff.

So I want BOTH !

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The trouble I have with this - though I totally support it - is that your scroll shows your number of growing things. So someone out to get you knows you Have Stuff.

So I want BOTH !

My question IS.... and maybe I am naive here... IF your stuff is fogged, does it truly MATTER if people know about it?

I have never  hidden my scroll, and I don't plan to.... though I don't mean that the options shouldn't be there... I would say that the multi-fog would be more useful to ME personally.

( Though as I said, I am not OPPOSED to the option being there and in principle I DO agree with you that the more tools we have the better)

I am just wondering your reasoning. Though I will confess that I don't think I have ever been deliberately and repeatedly targeted as some have ( THANK GOODNESS)

Edited by JavaTigress

16 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So I want BOTH !

I agree that having both options would be good. They might each be useful in their own way and complement each other. Although I'm not sure knowing you have stuff really does your attacker any good if they can't see that stuff.