HeatherMarie

option to "hide all growing dragons" on scroll

Okay, I *know* this has been suggested before, awhile back, but I searched using multiple different search terms and couldn't find anything.

I've never understood why Account Settings has options to "hide scroll" and "hide adults on scroll", but *not* an option to hide all growing dragons. That really doesn't make sense to me, since growing dragons are the ones that can get viewbombed, adults can't. I would logically assume that more people would have reason to hide all growing things then to hide all adults and show growing things. Unless maybe you're a prize winner and don't want people knowing or something. While this isn't something I personally really really need, I would certainly appreciate it being an option. And while I can't say for sure, it's possible that people that hide their whole scroll now would like to show their adults if there was an option to just hide growing things. (And yes, I'm aware that a "workaround" would be to just fog every single growing thing, but that's a really cumbersome and annoying workaround.)

Hmmm...I thought there was an existing thread, too. Anyway, I support this. It would be useful for people like me who sometimes have "rarish"/important things growing that don't need lots of views and who also do things like take breeding requests. With this, I'd be able to hide my growing stuff as needed and still allow users to look at the adults on my scroll. 

There was indeed a thread. I started one and it was merged with another.

ABSOLUTELY support. Annoyingly TJ actually came in and suggested this:

And everyone said hey YEAH. And nothing happened.

So... YEAH? I'm still all for it.

TJs checkboxes would be awesome and useful, especially with separate scroll display and username showing - the infinite possibilities! everyone could end up with what they need

Edited by VixenDra

Like that, you could hide all dragons and still display your scroll with highlighted groups and trophy etc - basically the whole header.

I'd love that :)

I would like a simple "hide growing things" option as suggested here, but TJ's checkbox idea from 2013 would be even better.  :)

Oh yeah, TJ's checkbox suggestion is perfect! Frustrating that he actually suggested that and then it never went anywhere. Definite support for that.

I don't recall seeing the original thread, but the checkboxes for showing/hiding stuff (and scroll names on stuff) would be AH-MA-ZING.  I'd LOVE to show my scroll name on my adults but not on growing things.

Yes, please! I have no need currently to hide anything on my scroll, but I would like to see other players' scrolls.

I am bumping this because it has been mentioned several times in other threads recently.

I absolutely support this. It would be great to be able to protect the vulnerable babies on my scroll while still being able to show my adults.

TJ's checkbox idea would be perfect. I suspect he has it on his to-do list even though we are still waiting. Remember how long it took to get that 8th egg slot?

More support here !

Getting viewbombed on Halloween, with 15+ growing things on my scroll that I had to hide one by one - because I like to show my adults to others - I really missed the option to hide all growing things instead of all adults.

Definitely support, considering I lost 2 valuable eggs shortly after Halloween. Eggs that had taken HOURS to catch in the first place. I would love more options that let us hide our growing things without hiding the entire scroll. :(

Please can this be a thing ? Even just the bit to choose to hide growing things...

Okay so there was a suggestion for this.
In light of recent events, this would be rather helpful. Fogging doesn't cut it, cause when things are fogged, you can't view lineages, and it's hard to tell what things are. You also cannot fog things in a trade.

Also throwing in my support for something like this. This is the first time in the time I've played this game that I've been viewbombed so persistently, and I would like some options besides having to hide my scroll every time I'm not adding things to hatchery sites. I want to show off my scroll to others, and let people see my scroll without fear. I would very much like some way to protect all my eggs and hatchlings in one fell swoop, as it were, and it seems to me that this viewbombing problem is only going to get worse. Some people have a lot of time on their hands, it would seem.

I would support the option for this.  More tools to protect our little ones from viewbombers could only be a good thing, right?

Especially, as some have said, in light of some of what has been going on.

I am uncertain how often I would use it but still....I like the idea of having the option.

Edited by JavaTigress

Oh hell yes, please, make it a thing!

With the view bombing that had happend, it would be the needed gift to prevent some of it.

I would LOVE this feature! Since the recent view bombing that happened at Christmas, it's left me quite nervous about leaving my growing things unfogged, especially when I'm sleeping or away from my PC. On more than one occasion if I haven't fogged I've come back to lots of sick eggs/hatchlings that have been added to all the hatcheries despite me not accepting aid. I regularly am 24/24 so even with the filter to only show 'Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings' It's still 24 clicks, which is time consuming. On PC it's a little easier as you can tab each one into a new tab and then just close all to the right or whatever, but on mobile.. wow, that's painstaking. 
Personally I've always had my name visible on my dragons page and I've always had my scroll open, this is how I like to play and I don't think I should have to change my play style out of fear. A simple quick 'Fog/Unfog All Growing things' button at the top of scroll would be all I asked for, but I have to admit, I do like the look of the customisable options that TJ himself put forwards. 

Support! I've been targeted quite a few times lately,  thankfully I've always managed to catch and hide them in time, but it would be so much easier to just have one click instead of 24!