angelicdragonpuppy

Who else is PUMPED for DC Halloween???

dfkhalssa it's my second DC halloween and I'm internally screaming because a year later I couldn't get any mates for AP checkers I picked up last year?!?!?!? also I forgot to catch a CB Celestial mate for my third Witchlight 

13 hours ago, kearlighed said:

Any ideas on what I should breed https://dragcave.net/view/CuRVy with? I'm stumped on which of my dragons I want to breed it with. :huh:

If you're still looking for ideas, you could always look at the Witchlight Breeding Plans thread. :) Whenever i'm stumped in what I should breed my draggos with I like to look at these threads.

Otherwise, if you have any other interesting CB word codes you could always breed your dragon with one of those. :) 

23 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

So, do the Halloween Dragons start breeding today? 

yeah seriously. I was expecting a post from TJ last night! Halloweens are usually breedable one week before halloween and he usually posts about it!

24 minutes ago, mouse050909 said:

So, do the Halloween Dragons start breeding today? 

At midnight tonight (EST aka "Cave time").

But what happens when they die? Are they just gone? Or are the eggshells in the AP? 

Never saw eggs under 3 days en mas in the AP, sorry for my dumb questions...

Edited by Mow

They just poof, I think.  Although this year, anyone with a platinum trophy will be able to grab more eggs/hatchies, so perhaps it won't get down to 0d0h....

9 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

yeah seriously. I was expecting a post from TJ last night! Halloweens are usually breedable one week before halloween and he usually posts about it!

1 week *including* the 31st! Count: 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31!

Proof: https://dragcave.net/view/PUMAs

18 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

They just poof, I think.  Although this year, anyone with a platinum trophy will be able to grab more eggs/hatchies, so perhaps it won't get down to 0d0h....

Ohhhh I forgot about the extra egg slot! :wub: 🤓 Now I really cant wait! AND I dont have to go to work until 6pm that day so Im free to hunt! Squee!!! :D

I'm looking forward to the trick-or-treating event and hoping for lots of food sprites this year! Always a pleasure collecting those sprites -- hard to kill the hoarding habit after collecting dragons for so long. Once a DCer, always a DCer. ;P

I don't really actively collect non-CB Halloween eggs, not sure why! I might make an exception this year because I love witchlights and want to fill my scroll up with blinking eyes. ouo

I've been on sad hiatus all year thanks to various RL things, but the closer it got to the holidays the more anxious I've felt. I kept thinking, oh no, what if I miss them?? I've missed so many in the past to RL that yesterday I decided I just wouldn't allow it this year if I can possibly avoid it. It's going to be a pain playing only from a phone, but I'll just have to do my best. If nothing else at least I can breed my own pretties. I did miss all the new stuff since February this year alas but maybe I can snag some Halloween x new stuff crosses from the AP if I'm lucky. Pretty sure I won't be fast enough to catch any Witchlights beyond what I'll breed, but we'll see what happens. Really looking forward to it in any event. As an adult this is one of the only ways I get to enjoy Halloween anymore.

I'm really happy for the extra egg slot, but TBH, it's having more hatchling slots that really makes the difference for me. I do a lot of hatchy swapping during the holidays.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I am looking so forward to 9pm Pacific Dragon Time :D

This is completely my favorite DC holiday, ever since my first one. My first couple of Halloweens, I could only ever get 1 or 2 of the new egg, so my CB Pumpkin & Marrows are precious to me. I love the newer way it's all done - the old Halloween eggs floating to the top of the AP, and the new eggs being plentiful.

@Lurhstaap Welcome back! Are you looking for any specific Witchlight lineage? I'm not keeping any of the ones I breed this year, so I could breed one for you if you'd like.

I've calculated that I may be able to hit my scroll-goal (20) with Graves this year, I only need seven more. The others I need 11+, so may not reach 20 on any of those this year. But I can get closer!

Only a few more hours, I'm so looking forward to DC Halloween! :D I think I'll breed half of my Halloween dragons right away and the other half just before the new release, so they'll have a lot of time to be picked up from the AP after Halloween.

3 hours ago, Marie19R said:

@Lurhstaap Welcome back! Are you looking for any specific Witchlight lineage? I'm not keeping any of the ones I breed this year, so I could breed one for you if you'd like.

I've calculated that I may be able to hit my scroll-goal (20) with Graves this year, I only need seven more. The others I need 11+, so may not reach 20 on any of those this year. But I can get closer!

@Marie19R

Aww, thank you - that's so nice of you! And not especially since I didn't breed much all year lol I like them with golden, green, black, and purple mostly, also anything else dark and spooky or with antlers. Or with the breeds that came out this year! Every year I make a game out of looking for G2 holidays out of that year's new breeds, especially my favorites. Last year I went nuts for Monarch x Halloween for instance. XD This year since I wasn't around for anything, I'm open to it all. I've already arranged for Witchlight x female gold, and I can breed stuff like Spirit Ward and Gold Lunar Herald myself, so the new stuff is especially good. If you have a Sinomorph, that sounds like it would be great opposite Witchlights. (Or Desipis, but that seems like the more obvious combo. I bet the AP has a few of those unless not many people have gotten Sinos yet). Honestly I'm not overly picky. If you think the pairing looks good I probably will too. :D

I just got done sorting all of my Halloween dragons into one big group. I think I'll make a separate group for caveborns and maybe another one for G2s. Man I love this new grouping thing.

Edited by Lurhstaap

It's my first Halloween on DC. I am so excited! I joined in November of last year, so I had a lot of time to prepare. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I have enough pink dragons because every single egg is going to need to be influenced, and I'm too bad at math to figure out exactly how many I'd need (I currently have 21 females and 22 males).

12 hours ago, Syiren said:

The link you posted for sone reason takes me to sonewhere NOT DC related. Am I the only one? 😕 

So Halloween breeding starts Tuesday or Wednesday?

Very odd, it's doing the same thing for me now that I click back on it. 

It was a witchlight dragon. I'm not sure which dragons to pair up with it. 

I wish they would dress the dragon's up in costumes like they did in 2012. Or maybe use some of the forms they morphed into with the Brewing Mischief potions from 2015.:D

I'm definitely excited. I was so excited, I miscounted my days and stayed up late waiting for midnight DC time to hit, then realized I was a day early. :rolleyes: This is my second DC Halloween, and the first year I'll actually get to breed. I was new-ish last Halloween, didn't have checkers figured out, that they could "misgender" and not be able to find mates. I did know enough to grab as many Witchlights as I could! I also have a CB Gold and two CB Silvers, so that should be fun breeding them with Witchies. 

The contagion vs cure event last year was great, I'm looking forward to this year's event.  And of course hoarding the trick or treat sprites! Managed to grab them all last year too. :) 

As much as I enjoyed past events and would like to see them again, I'd rather get something new. :) Between Halloween and Christmas seems like a good time to revisit old events though, or in the lead up before the holidays next year, or something?

Personally, I think Witchlights look great with female Hellfire Wyverns, both Spirit Wards, Embers, Golds, Golden Wyverns, any Lunar Herald but especially gold and silver, male Silver, Almerald... There are so many good options! 

What kind of things will people be looking for in the AP? In addition to the usual G2/G3 prizekin and altkin, and mate hunting, I'm hoping to get ahold of a Desipis from Sinomorph. That just sounds like the most amazing looking pairing even if you can't checker it. I also like Grave x Monarch a whole lot, and holiday x holiday. Especially hoping to snatch some Mutamore, Heartstealing, and Snow kin, maybe even Holly kin if I'm very lucky.

47 minutes ago, Asharah said:

I wish they would dress the dragon's up in costumes like they did in 2012. Or maybe use some of the forms they morphed into with the Brewing Mischief potions from 2015.:D

The brewing mischief potions were amazing. I wish some of my dragons could have stayed that way! 

I'm excited, but also sad because I really have not done enough to prepare, so I only have a few things I can continue. At least I have a few!!