angelicdragonpuppy

Who else is PUMPED for DC Halloween???

I am totally not prepared, but I CAN'T WAIT. I love the AP and all the pretty pretty things people have been working on for years. I just need a couple more egg spaces... :D There are some lineages that I am so happy to share this year. My real life is extremely chaotic right now, I don't have time for anything, I won't have much time for AP hunting, so my wish is to find/trade for something special as quickly as possible ^^

Hoping to see you guys in the Cave and wishing you all the best DC experience ever :D 

On 10/18/2017 at 12:26 PM, Marie19R said:

@Syiren Melted marshmallows! Omg now I can't unsee it. Awesome nickname for those guys!

I'm not sure who came up with the nickname, but it was what the thread was calling them before we knew the names. I named two of my graves with that theme in mind:

https://dragcave.net/view/fCj8u and https://dragcave.net/view/gDTY7

I have some really nice lineages ready to breed, but I'm not going to get too crazy and just enjoy myslef this year. Tho I will be hunting for pretty lineages, and you guys definitely excel in that department. :wub:

Planning, preparations, and pairings - DONE

Halloween madness may come any day now

208tkeu.jpg

once I've finally gotten some rest that is...

I've fancied the idea of some kind of trickster-like halloween dragon for a few years now.

Or maybe something in the spirit of body-horror, like a parasite of some kind.

Ugh. Wanted to breed some stuff and then realized that I can't because then they won't be ready for Halloween breeding. :/

I still continue to have my fingers crossed for a werewolf dragon. LOLOL

I'd loooove a werewolf dragon, or a spider dragon (can't stand spiders IRL, but I think a dragon-spider would probably be totally adorable).

3 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I'd loooove a werewolf dragon, or a spider dragon (can't stand spiders IRL, but I think a dragon-spider would probably be totally adorable).

A fuzzy jumping spider dragon that does silly dances for its mate :D <33

32 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

YEEESSSSS! Why is this making me so unbelievably happy?

Why do I always forget that Desipises and Cavern Lurkers are a thing? It's weird because I looove Desipis lore, and yet when planning for Halloween grabbing I always tend to forget them. I need 13 more of them and 11 more Cavern Lurkers for scroll-goals... I think I was a little too optimistic when I predicted that it would only take me three years to get my scroll-goals.

Oh man I love me some jumping spiders having a cute lil jumpy spider dragon would be too amazing.

@Marie19R I tend to forget about cavern lurkers and those are the ones I have the most of.  

Compromise: (Were)wolf spider dragon. 

On 10/19/2017 at 7:07 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

THIS!   I so would hoard those!

Growing Dragons: 3 (hatchies at ~5-6 days)

44/51 Reds active

Hmmm yup. I'm definitely ready<3

I like the speculations above, I wouldn't mind more fluffy dragons :3

Edited by Orchi'dea

The closer we get, the more excited I am!

Trying to stop using my BSAs now is hard, though. 

I have enough Incubates that I don't need to worry about saving up, but I'm being very careful about the times on the AP eggs I pick up and the times on my hatchlings... As long as I stop picking up eggs by tomorrow night I should be free to get maximum Halloween eggs on the 25th!

I'm excited, but unfortunately, when my hard drive crashed, none of my lineage records were retrievable. 

I will just breed my cbs and pretty things that already have mates set up.

25 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

I'm excited, but unfortunately, when my hard drive crashed, none of my lineage records were retrievable. 

I will just breed my cbs and pretty things that already have mates set up.

Oh goodness I'm sorry, that sucks! I once lost over 30k of a story I was writing, and now back up everything obsessively. Are you going to try to redo the information, or just start over?

58 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Oh goodness I'm sorry, that sucks! I once lost over 30k of a story I was writing, and now back up everything obsessively. Are you going to try to redo the information, or just start over?

I am starting over, as all the info is gone, but I am so overwhelmed with real life stuff right now. 

I had gone thru the lineages of all my adult dragons, and listed every one with nice lineages, with potential mates.

Given the size of my scroll, it is a massive undertaking. 

I was able to grab an hatch a few new dragons before the holiday breeding began! :3 All 8 slots are open and ready to grab some babies from the species I missed!

I've also got some CBs of the older halloween breeds (minus the first few since I missed those too) so I'm people will be happy to have more second gens up for grabs. :D

Snap! I need to plan my breedings too. My favorite thing about DC Halloween is basically, everything about it. I just adore it. Does anybody have any theories about the next Halloween release? I'm unsure what it will be, but I'm excited for it none the less.

Lol, everyone stressing about reds able to incubate.  I'm trying to get just enough so that I will ALWAYS have exactly one available.  I can't math though, so I just have 86 right now.  Probably enough for Halloween though.  

I kinda want a dragon that's not actually mean, but is a little freaky to look at.  Either that or something that kills as gruesomely as possible, for virtually no reason.

Also, I'm not stopping egg collection, especially in the biomes.  Its when there are fewer people on there, the rares will actually stay long enough for me to touch them (y)

On October 3, 2017 at 7:34 AM, Metal-n-Monster said:

Real Life Halloween is my favorite Holiday, by far. All of the stores start selling stuff I normally wear all-year-round (I'm a Gothic-esque woman), and for once a year I can wear my different costumes in public without people thinking I'm a freak. That's always a bonus. :P DC Halloween is always lovely. We get nice adventures to go on. I really liked the Haunted House way back when. Granted, I friggin' HATED Minesweeper as a child, and that was NOT fun when we had to actually learn it and do it for our badges! XD I've had different ideas for new and exciting Halloween events. Eventually we'll run out of ideas and need fresh ones! I can't wait to see this year's event. Heck, one of these years I'd love to go simple with our candy baskets where we'd visit each other's scrolls and get candy from each other instead of every page having a piece of candy. Just other people's scrolls would have the different candy to collect. Simple, but cute, no?

I love this idea!!!! DC OVERLORDS--TAKE NOTE

In other news, I am so happy because I will finally be able to finish a couple of my Halloween lineages--MWAHAHAHAHA. I know this pattern is unconventional, but how else can I show off all of the CBs? Plus for that I wanted both the male coloring and the female coloring and when I got to the end it just made sense to combine them. I might do it again with the eventual offspring of him and her once their mates are bred *rubs hands together* 

SO MANY LISTS!!!! Breeding and finding and possibly gifting and trading--AAAAH.

Plus the games and whatever else is going on here this year!

It needs to be the 25th already *pout*

Edited by Angelina Gienah

86 reds thats amazing! I have 14 and its really hard not to use them 2 weeks straight!! 

I dont even have 1000 dragons yet but maybe i should start an exel sheet too. Anybody uses google drive for that? 😀

I'm so excited, this time i will grab more then 2 of the new ones, it really sucks when all people have 8 CBs+ and you have two XD i also have to catch up with the last two years... Hopefully i'll find nice 2nd gen Caligenes and Witchlights ❤

Oh my Angelina your Lineages are sooo pretty 😍

Edited by Mow

12 minutes ago, arjunvohra said:

I am prepared this year...

49 reds...

I've never bothered to count those before, as I've never gone out of them, but a quick check revealed 48 Reds ready to incubate. I'm looking forward to the event!