angelicdragonpuppy

Who else is PUMPED for DC Halloween???

To be fair, I did trade for most of the 2Gs.  :)  I'm hoping both pairs give good big clutches so that other people can find them too!

I'm rather excited for this year's Halloween. :) I only hope that i'll have better control over myself hording all the pretty AP lineages so i'll actually have space to collect new CBs! (I literally only got 3 Witchlights last year because of this rip)

Also looking forwards to breeding one of my CB Desipis with a Khusa! I think they look great together. :) 

I can't wait! It'll be my first and I'll get to have a pair of CB holidays~

I can't wait! I will be on the hunt for SA lines-and hoping to find some 2gs this year, or at least trade for some...It will mean late late nights, and hunting during work breaks from my cell...usually by the end of Valentines I'm ready for a AP break-lol

I will also be breeding my SA lines and send the eggs to the ap so others can enjoy them too.

Edited by pixiezbite

4 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

To be fair, I did trade for most of the 2Gs.  :)  I'm hoping both pairs give good big clutches so that other people can find them too!

Ahhh ok, so I should also be jealous of your mad trading skills :P hehe! Didn't you have a really pretty PB Desipis alt pair, too? It was very nice! :D 

4 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Also looking forwards to breeding one of my CB Desipis with a Khusa! I think they look great together. :) 

They look really, really good with Caligenes! https://dragcave.net/lineage/JLarP https://dragcave.net/lineage/BinJU it's very stark and bleak but attractive despite (perhaps because?) of it. Makes me think of dead trees and vultures, which... fits the given breeds. :P I particularly like male Khusa, it almost looks like he's going to try to perch on her antlers, haha. Don't suppose you have an example of Desipis x Khusa? I'd try it myself but I'm waiting for Jazeki's massbreed on Sunday!

4 hours ago, Eos said:

Also, can't wait to breed these Desipis: http://dragcave.net/lineage/83C2F and http://dragcave.net/lineage/qwuya :D

Ahhh, that's so pretty! :D The one and only downside of holiday dragons is that some of these pretties can' only be shared once a year. X'D

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

11 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ahhh ok, so I should also be jealous of your mad trading skills :P hehe! Didn't you have a really pretty PB Desipis alt pair, too? It was very nice! :D

This?  I luffle that lineage *so* much, but I haz a sad that I never managed to catch a second PB from birdz' alts as a mate for him, and I'm not sure how active birdz is now.  :(  But there's this that I'm excited to breed this year.  :)

YES YES YES I'm so excited! DC Halloween is my favourite event. :D And Halloween dragons tend to be spectacular.

In preparation, I'm breeding Reds and Pinks to the AP right now, and tomorrow I'll join the Halloweenkin Massbreeding.

I haven't finished my breeding plans for my Halloween dragons yet, but I'll mostly breed Desipis this year.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, evilSpectra said:

SO PUMPED! I'm an October baby and Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. 

My favorite part of the previous Dragon Cave Halloween events I was involved in was diving into an AP page full of Halloween dragons and finding gorgeous pairings I never would have thought of, and seeing what other people were catching and breeding - I'm really looking forward to it with all of the new dragons that I'm not otherwise familiar with yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people are doing with the Black Marrows now, since they're still my favorite (though the graves are trying hard to steal my heart).

I don't like the Desipis because of their tails... but even I have to admit they look really good with the Khusa:

DesipisxKhusa.jpg

Edited by perzephone

I haven't been on long enough to participate in Halloween, so I'm really excited! There are so many that I really want to get.

Just realized today (duh!) that I really need to make it a priority to collect zombie-fodder in the next two weeks. I haven't been, lately, so my zombie-fodder army has dwindled, and now I only have four. I mean, I have plenty of unnamed common adults that *could* be fodder, but I've already counted them in my breed tallies and... Yeah. I'm kind of really hoping to get a Baikala zombie on Halloween, they are so awesome looking!

9 hours ago, Pandalf said:

I AM SO PUMPED but I am also not prepared

Amen!

I'm crazy excited! Halloween is my favorite time on DC and I can't wait to add to my Pumpkin hoard.

On 29/09/2017 at 11:22 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

They look really, really good with Caligenes! https://dragcave.net/lineage/JLarP https://dragcave.net/lineage/BinJU it's very stark and bleak but attractive despite (perhaps because?) of it. Makes me think of dead trees and vultures, which... fits the given breeds. :P I particularly like male Khusa, it almost looks like he's going to try to perch on her antlers, haha. Don't suppose you have an example of Desipis x Khusa? I'd try it myself but I'm waiting for Jazeki's massbreed on Sunday!

Sure. :) I particularly like how they look as wild as each other!

u5v0Nfv.png

vlMxO3E.png yYFz0NZ.png

As for my other plans, i'm looking forwards to carrying dragons related to these two to 4g.

They also look great with Caligenes! I think i'll try them out later this month, too.

Edited by lovecats99

Meeee, because I've never gotten a CB Halloween before due to me always going on hiatus around this time. This'll be my first year where I catch my own Halloweens~

Looking at all the pretty lineages people have got planned is making me even more excited XD TBH, only thing I'm hoping to get is a mate for this lad of mine and a few others. Otherwise, I just want to see what people come up with this time around ^_^

3 hours ago, Imogen aen Corvo said:

I hope I am not breaking any rules asking when does even starts? I want to know if I can use any incubate moves :)

No one knows for certain except TJ and perhaps the people helping with the events, but based on past years the Halloween event usually starts one week before Halloween, and lasts a full week. On Halloween a new Halloween breed is released for 24 hours.

Alas, I had to modify my plans a little.  I just had too many eggs I wanted to keep, so the 2G Witchlights are gonna have to wait until next year.  However, I am exited to be doing thisthisthis, and this.

@Amazon_warrior

giphy.gif

I can only hope to catch one of those uh-ma-zing babies!  *drools*

12 hours ago, Marie19R said:

No one knows for certain except TJ and perhaps the people helping with the events, but based on past years the Halloween event usually starts one week before Halloween, and lasts a full week. On Halloween a new Halloween breed is released for 24 hours.

Thank you for replying! So there is stil some time- good, because I need those September eggs to hatch.

I have been thinking how new event dragons will look like. We have some festive-looking dragons (pumpkins and Graves), purple ones (Lurkers and Witchlights), spooky classic monsters Vampires and Marrow and Caligene and Desipis which are autumn-colored (rich browns, orange, blacks). And we have one etheral Walkers. So, if there is any pattern (well, I can make my conspiracy theories) it means that this year we can get dragons that will be more like Walkers- eerie and light.

Or, we can get something totally different- toxic goo-dragons with dripping eggs? I love almost all Halloween dragons, they are second best after Xmas, and I am sure I will like the new ones. 

I don't celebrate Halloween in real life, but I'm really excited about DC Halloween. :lol: Haunting in Aliset was my favourite event. I can't wait to see what's up for us this time, and of course I'm curious about new release.

Am I prepared? Sort of. :unsure: My CB Halloween dragons are yet to be named. Gold trophy which I obtained week ago will be very useful. Purple dragons are ready. I have to remember not to influence shortly before the event, right now I have exactly the number of Pinks I will probably need. I won't have much more because of September release. Reds... not enough. I hope I won't really need them. I'd like to have at least 6 Halloween dragons of each, but with so many "missing" ones I must wait for the next year. :( (Yeah, this is probably the worst part of hiatuses.) :dry:

Real Life Halloween is my favorite Holiday, by far. All of the stores start selling stuff I normally wear all-year-round (I'm a Gothic-esque woman), and for once a year I can wear my different costumes in public without people thinking I'm a freak. That's always a bonus. :P DC Halloween is always lovely. We get nice adventures to go on. I really liked the Haunted House way back when. Granted, I friggin' HATED Minesweeper as a child, and that was NOT fun when we had to actually learn it and do it for our badges! XD I've had different ideas for new and exciting Halloween events. Eventually we'll run out of ideas and need fresh ones! I can't wait to see this year's event. Heck, one of these years I'd love to go simple with our candy baskets where we'd visit each other's scrolls and get candy from each other instead of every page having a piece of candy. Just other people's scrolls would have the different candy to collect. Simple, but cute, no?

Not planning on much. Hoping to snag a 2G from last years egg from a CB Holly like always to add to the ongoing collection. Haven’t figured out what I’m breeding XFile to yet either.

After that it’s pretty much whatever grabs me.

1 hour ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Real Life Halloween is my favorite Holiday, by far. All of the stores start selling stuff I normally wear all-year-round (I'm a Gothic-esque woman), and for once a year I can wear my different costumes in public without people thinking I'm a freak. That's always a bonus. :P DC Halloween is always lovely. We get nice adventures to go on. I really liked the Haunted House way back when. Granted, I friggin' HATED Minesweeper as a child, and that was NOT fun when we had to actually learn it and do it for our badges! XD I've had different ideas for new and exciting Halloween events. Eventually we'll run out of ideas and need fresh ones! I can't wait to see this year's event. Heck, one of these years I'd love to go simple with our candy baskets where we'd visit each other's scrolls and get candy from each other instead of every page having a piece of candy. Just other people's scrolls would have the different candy to collect. Simple, but cute, no?

That would be fun... if everyone got to choose a type of candy to give out... I'd love to go around to other people's scrolls! 

DC is the main, perhaps only way I celebrate Halloween, but I really like it here!  I'm only sad that I will have to choose between AP fishing, and breeding all or most of my own ongoing projects, because I will not have scroll time to do both.  I have to budget what I hold onto.  :(  I will probably go with mostly breeding, because with work I won't have as much time to hunt the AP as I'd like.

Really stoked for the moment it begins, though! 

Edit:  Ack!  I still haven't decided what to breed most of my witchlights and Desipis to this year.

Edited by Gryphonic