angelicdragonpuppy

Who else is PUMPED for DC Halloween???

I'm such a huge nerd I already have a 3 page word document outlaying my breeding / trading / gifting plans, haha. Can't wait for the chaos of old 'Weens and new 'Weens and treats and events! Of course excited for real world Halloween stuff too but I will shamefully admit DC is definitely a really big part of the holiday for me, haha. DAY IS FOR DRAGONS, night is for watching Van Helsing for the 340834th time and watching my siblings amass candy! :D 

Anyone else super excited? What's your favorite part of DC Halloween? Favorite Halloween dragon? Favorite event? :) 

DC Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I used to love real-life Halloween tons, I loved giving out candy and seeing all the different costumes, but the apartments we moved in to seven years ago get no trick-or-treaters at all, not one. So DC Halloween is basically the way I celebrate now.

I don't really spend time on lineages, that's not my thing, but I do have some sticky-notes with ideas of what new pairings I may want to try this year. And I'm currently trying to calculate just how many of each past breed I'm going to attempt to get this year... My scroll-goal is 20 of each breed, and the only Halloween breed I've reached that with is Shadow Walkers, so I have a lot of work to do there.

Halloween within itself is my favorite holiday, so naturally, I've stocked up on preparations for this special occasion. I plan to make intensive AP dive sessions on a constant basis, in hopes of catching only the prettiest parings in my opinion. I grabbed up the amount of reds I'll need to incubate, incubate, incubate, so that I can hatch as many dragons as possible, and therefore catch a ton more, since last halloween I ran out of reds and it was extremely traumatizing XD

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Anyone else super excited? What's your favorite part of DC Halloween? Favorite Halloween dragon? Favorite event? :) 

I'm pretty excited. Most of my 'Weenies are free to breed for my own uses this year, so I can spend most of the event trading and gifting on my own terms. I also plan to amass tons of 2nd gen Witchlight dragons. My favorite Halloween dragon is always going to be the Marrow (unless we are getting a werewolf or a kitty one this year).  Of all the events, I liked the Haunting in Aliset one.  I also look forward to the Trick-or-Treat event, but it's kind of overwhelming as we seem to be getting more and more eggs to collect. I'm also pretty excited that I will be able to have an even number of Halloween dragons without having to trade! Eight slots! 

Edited by Jazeki

28 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

DC Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I used to love real-life Halloween tons, I loved giving out candy and seeing all the different costumes, but the apartments we moved in to seven years ago get no trick-or-treaters at all, not one. So DC Halloween is basically the way I celebrate now.

I don't really spend time on lineages, that's not my thing, but I do have some sticky-notes with ideas of what new pairings I may want to try this year. And I'm currently trying to calculate just how many of each past breed I'm going to attempt to get this year... My scroll-goal is 20 of each breed, and the only Halloween breed I've reached that with is Shadow Walkers, so I have a lot of work to do there.

Awww, that's no good! ;A; Where I live we're surrounded by horse pastures and long driveways (ours is the length of three school buses), so while we aren't by any means far enough out to be rural (more packed parts of town are within a three minute drive), we also don't get any trick or treaters. So when the siblings want to go we go down the street to more populated pastures, hehe. :P

I don't have specific breed limits during the heart of the season (although my scroll goal is 10 of each sprite), but once Halloween itself passes I count up how much of each breed I caught this year and try to focus my AP efforts a bit more on those I didn't get too many of. :3

24 minutes ago, 888888 said:

Halloween within itself is my favorite holiday, so naturally, I've stocked up on preparations for this special occasion. I plan to make intensive AP dive sessions on a constant basis, in hopes of catching only the prettiest parings in my opinion. I grabbed up the amount of reds I'll need to incubate, incubate, incubate, so that I can hatch as many dragons as possible, and therefore catch a ton more, since last halloween I ran out of reds and it was extremely traumatizing XD

Haven't run out of reds yet, but also came close last year! It's awesome and crazy how the Halloween wall lasts a whole week after the day--although now that I think about it, last year didn't it last so long that the Halloweens got down to just hours left before death? That's crazy! 

13 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I'm pretty excited. Most of my 'Weenies are free to breed for my own uses this year, so I can spend most of the event trading and gifting on my own terms. I also plan to amass tons of 2nd gen Witchlight dragons. My favorite Halloween dragon is always going to be the Marrow (unless we getting a werewolf or a kitty one this year).  Of all the events, I liked the Haunting in Aliset one.  I also look forward to the Trick-or-Treat event, but it's kind of overwhelming as we seem to be getting more and more eggs to collect. I'm also pretty excited that I will be able to have an even number of Halloween dragons without having to trade! Eight slots! 

My favorite event is and probably always will be the Haunted House; I usually try to replay it every Halloween :D I love choose your own adventures and sorta-spooky-but-not-really things (which is why I love Halloween so much in general, ehehehe) so it's right up my alley. Plus I love the cute dragons you run into during the event, our tiny little protector pygmy and the random cheese cowering in the cupboards. Described a few of my own after them so I could feel I brought them home. :D 

I am pumped for Halloween pretty much all year :D My all-time fave dragon is the Black Marrow and it's their chance to shine.

Plus I can finally get that matching Halloween mate for those random AP Halloween-kin find I've had since last November.

Ywssss!

i shall be able to amass more than just 5 witchlights, and get even more black marrows!

I don't celebrate Halloween irl but I always look forward to it on Dragcave. Expanding my Holiday lineages is my favorite part for sure! This year I'm planning to keep a lot of bred eggs for projects so I'm really hoping for another AP filled with Halloweens long after the breeding week ends - hopefully I can squeeze in some AP finds before it's all over. XD

SO PUMPED! I'm an October baby and Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. 

My favorite part of the previous Dragon Cave Halloween events I was involved in was diving into an AP page full of Halloween dragons and finding gorgeous pairings I never would have thought of, and seeing what other people were catching and breeding - I'm really looking forward to it with all of the new dragons that I'm not otherwise familiar with yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people are doing with the Black Marrows now, since they're still my favorite (though the graves are trying hard to steal my heart).

29 minutes ago, evilSpectra said:

SO PUMPED! I'm an October baby and Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. 

My favorite part of the previous Dragon Cave Halloween events I was involved in was diving into an AP page full of Halloween dragons and finding gorgeous pairings I never would have thought of, and seeing what other people were catching and breeding - I'm really looking forward to it with all of the new dragons that I'm not otherwise familiar with yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people are doing with the Black Marrows now, since they're still my favorite (though the graves are trying hard to steal my heart).

It's such a great feeling when you find a pairing you'd never have thought of, but instantly fall in love with :D I came across a few Purple Nebula x Lurker pairs in 2015 and was so smitten that I immediately started merging them--on track to hit 7g, now! Likewise found a Pumpkin x Dark Myst pair way back in 2011 that quickly turned into a much cherished pet project--hit 6g with a few low gen offshoots before I ran out of building blocks XD

I maaaay be breeding some of my CBs to the AP. And the other way around - catching pretty 2Gs, perhaps SA/Prize offspring if I get lucky enough. *sells a leg for luck; not like it's my leg or something, heh...*

I honestly hope this year's dragon release is much more cheerful than the previous ones, to break the "spooky creepy nightmare NOPE" chain going on. Halloween is not only about scary things, after all. ;p

I am so jazzed about another Halloween at the Dragon Cave. I can't wait to see the new Halloween dragon and all of the previous years' dragons that will be bred for Halloween. :)

Extremely hyped. Halloween is my favourite holiday of all, but celebrating it is....a no-go, really.

Where I live in the UK, Halloween is barely even acknowledged: you might see a few shops stock Halloween stuff, but it's usually shoved off in a corner, or hidden behind all the Christmas stuff because Christmas is just so much more important. Heck, when I first moved here, we would get trick-or-treaters for the entire Halloween week, but we didn't get any at all last year or the year before that.

I would give my right arm to be in America during Halloween - you guys seem to know how to celebrate it right.

I can't even celebrate by watching movies - my mum HATES horror movies, and she pretty much decides what we watch...

So yeah, D.C. Halloween is pretty much the only way I get to celebrate Halloween. I've been pretty lax in getting mates and stuff, but eh, I don't really care - I just want to grab more pretty babies! XD

Edited by SheridanCharon

I'm too introverted for real life interaction to be honest. So when it comes to holidays, I'm excited for the game websties that I visit reguarly.

I joined DC in June so there's no events at the time. Halloween is gonna be my first official event experience here in DC so I'm quite excited and nervous at the same time.

Will I be able to get the holiday dragons? Or will I miss out? >< I just hope I can make the best of my experience as I can. If anyone can tell inform me about how Halloween events are generally run and if it's easy to get all the holiday dragons for Halloween, that'd be great!

Oh boy, I don't know about lineages and stuff but I just hope I can get plent to start planning out lineages and breeding projects!!

I don't celebrate Halloween and to be honest, I haven't even thought about it until now :lol:

However, it definitely has the best DC events and now I'm also looking forward to what we'll get this year! And I'm excited for the new Halloween dragons, the Halloween and Christmas dragons are always great.

I am! I also have a list of Halloween dragons I've planned to breed this year. ^_^ Halloween is already my second favorite holiday so having an event for it on Dragon Cave just makes it even better. Since I can't really go trick or treating in real life, it'll be neat to collect the trick or treating things hidden around the site and take part in the event.

Waiting for the new holiday dragon to grow up is always the most thrilling part of it though!

This year is the first that I'll be able to breed 3G+ lineages, so I'm pretty excited! I'm planning on sending them all to the AP or Departures thread. And, of course, seeing the shiny new Halloween dragon is always great :)

I'll be happy to breed some of my witchlights and send their offspring to the AP. I'm wondering about some popular pairings other people will like! I'm not really breeding for me as I am doing in the hopes that others may enjoy them!

As always!

Halloween is my favourite holiday :D I'm hoping we get a cool event along side the trick-or-treating this year! My basket is bulging!
And my favourite halloween dragons would have to be Shadow Walkers - they tend to end up in many of my lineages - I'm sad I only managed to snag four CB ones all those years ago...
I'll be breeding my CB dragons, feel free to message me if you're looking for partners, I have CBs from Black Marrows to present!
I'm also gonna be making a batty-themed Cavern lurker x Spirit Ward lineage this year! So I'll have Lurker batty-babies next year!

Spoiler

image.png.7e68a900bf45ec0d390c7299ccf78b6d.png

Edited by Seahorse

5 hours ago, Miichie said:

Will I be able to get the holiday dragons? Or will I miss out? >< I just hope I can make the best of my experience as I can. If anyone can tell inform me about how Halloween events are generally run and if it's easy to get all the holiday dragons for Halloween, that'd be great!

Oh no worry, getting holiday dragons for Halloween (and all the holidays :P) is the easiest thing ever. :)

On October 25th, old Halloween dragons are able to breed true again, and two events start: trick or treating and a new yearly event.

- Halloweens bred during this time will ALWAYS produce Halloween offspring. They can also breed more than one! Clutches of 3-4 are quite common. You can only keep one per clutch, though, as the rest auto abandon. 

- Halloween dragons in the Abandoned Page instantly go to the front of the queue, so you'll see them as soon as they start to be bred.

- There are literally THOUSANDS going through the abandoned page, so you'll have no trouble getting a ton! It's a bit hectic during the first few minutes of breeding, but after that it fills up the AP completely and will do so until almost a week after Halloween (more on that in a bit).

- Trick or treating is the release of around 50 or so cute little pixels for us to collect on site. You can see mine here: https://dragcave.net/trickortreat . How it works is that every 5 minutes or so, a sprite will appear on site (you might have to refresh for it do so, it won't auto-pop up if you're just sitting on one page). Just click on it to collect it! Don't worry about losing track of them, because once they appear they'll be on every page you visit until you grab it. Then wait 5 minutes, and repeat! It might sound like a lot of collecting, but it's actually pretty easy to do during the course of normal play. :)

- The yearly event is new every year, and thus it's impossible to know what exactly we'll be getting. In the past events have included choose-your-own-adventure stories, brewing potions that temporarily gave your dragons silly sprites, and playing a few different mini games. 

All that stuff goes on until Halloween, when a new thing is added to the mix: new Halloween dragons!

- These buggers drop all day in all biomes, and they are the ONLY thing that drops. It's a bit crazy trying to get one during the first few minutes of release, but by late afternoon everyone is sated and there's basically no one in the biomes. You will have zero trouble getting them, I promise. :)

And then, once Halloween ends...

- Halloween dragons no longer can breed (oh, and so you know--Halloweens bred this year are placed on automatic cooldown so they can't breed until after Halloween, too). However, all those glorious Halloween eggs in the AP will continue to stay there. In the last few years, we've had so many that the AP was filled with Halloweens for nearly a full week after it was over! :D

- Both trick or treating and the event will also end.

- Then it's on to Christmas! :P 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

YES I'M ALREADY SO EXCITED!!! Made a huge breeding list, and I think I've arranged mates for all my prettiest Halloween dragons.

I'm worried I won't have enough scroll space, though, I'm not even sure I'm going to have any room to AP hunt, which is half the fun ...

28 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I am very excited to breed this and this, plus I have some lovely 'Weenie/Prize checkers I'll be breeding too.  :)

You literally are the luckiest catcher in the game, aren't you? XD I've had https://dragcave.net/lineage/TnHpH since SWs could first breed and still haven't managed to get him a double SA mate ;A; </3