Ruby Eyes

Sisyphos logging in

So I accidentally clicked the LOGOUT link instead of FORUM.

I want to get back to by scroll, so I click ACCOUNT knowing that it will instantly redirect me to the login page, since the page that tells me that I logged out (returned my scroll to the pile) doesn't give me that.

So I log in.

And get redirected to the LOGOUT page instead of the ACCOUNT page.

Kidding me? :dry:

But then you can go to your scroll, right ? I think that happened to me the other day when I had to switch browsers for a few hours... I was about to throw a fit when I saw the "logged in as flurp" at the top of the page...

Oh, this happened to me a few days ago. I just thought I'd misclicked somehow - normally I never log out, and I was on an iPad instead of my usual desktop computer, so things were weird anyway.

- I just tested it, both on the iPad and on the desktop PC.

It only happens when I click the "Account" link immediately after logging out. When I wait for a few more seconds after logging out, the site redirects me from the logout page to the main page, and the menu changes (so the "Account" link isn't even there anymore and I have to use the "Log in" link which works as expected).

That's probably why we don't see this happening more often. So, I'm not sure it's a big problem, but I think it would still be best if there was no redirect to the logout page at all. I can't think of a situation in which that would be needed.

I don't think it's redirecting you to the logout page. More likely, it's redirecting you to the last page you were on before the login page, as that seems to be an automatic process regardless of how you got onto the login page.

25 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I don't think it's redirecting you to the logout page. More likely, it's redirecting you to the last page you were on before the login page, as that seems to be an automatic process regardless of how you got onto the login page.

Well, and that last page was exactly the logout page.

It's generally doesn't make much sens to me that I get redirected to where I *came* from instead of to where I intended to *go* to (aka which link I clicked).