Fuzzbucket

Sino Summons - a bit more on gender

Using all female has worked for me.  I've been obsessed with Zyus and Sinos from day one, but got a lot more male Sinos than female.  I'm almost caught up with pairs now.

So..... It's been over 6 months now since TJ responded to this thread talking about ways this could possibly be changed. Someone recently complained about the skewed-Sino-gender elsewhere, so I figured I might as well bump this yet again. There is still no way to influence what gender Sino you summon, and from what I can tell the Zyus used still seem to be rather randomly picked by the game (I just tested, did not actually summon since I don't want to right now but I did go to the Summon page: using a male the Zyus chosen were 4 female, 2 male; using a female the Zyus chosen were all female; using another female, got 4 females 2 males; trying another male, got *all* females except the one I was using).

We have Influence to help with egg genders, and Precognition to find out genders early..... But no way whatsoever to influence what gender Sino we get. Can we pleeeease have *something* happen with this? Please? 

Yeah. "Seeing" which Zues will be used does zero good if you can't change them. 

To be fair to TJ - in my case, after EIGHT females, I made sure I had mostly males available, and got maies both times. While I was getting my girls, I even got one of hem from ALL males, so he did do something..

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

To be fair to TJ - in my case, after EIGHT females, I made sure I had mostly males available, and got maies both times. While I was getting my girls, I even got one of hem from ALL males, so he did do something..

Did something how? You mean like tweaked the chances or something? 'Cause imo getting a male when you have all female Zyus summoning is not exactly a good tweak, if that's the case. And it's not really possible to simply make sure you have all of one gender available, unless you specifically Influence all your Zyus to be one gender, which also isn't exactly a good thing imo. I have a lot of Zyus, a lot of which haven't yet used their ability, so there is no possible way for me to just make sure I have all one gender summoning unless I want to release every Zyu of the opposite gender. 

No - on the contrary. Did I mis-post  When I got 8 females in a row, no matter what, I was up here whining. But when TJ came in and said fair enough, he'd tweak, -

then I found that having a majority of males available to summon got me a male. It was all about making sure there were a LARGE majority of unused males on my scroll. But it worked.

It would make much more sense to be able to select exactly which, though.

@Fuzzbucket Okay, fair enough, I misunderstood your post.

It doesn't seem much better though when the 'rng' or whatever gives you 3 males and 3 females, or worse all males or all females when you want the opposite. I just double-checked and I do actually have at *least* 1 male of each color that has Summon still available, and yet when I click on Summon it keeps giving me multiple females, even when I go from a male's page. That doesn't really make much sense to me and doesn't really seem like a decent 'tweak' was done.... Logically I'd think that if you choose a male Zyu it's reasonable to assume you might want to summon a male Sino, and yet it keeps skewing towards female regardless of what I do. Granted, I haven't actually gone through with a Summon in awhile because I got so frustrated with constantly getting the gender I didn't want, so I'm not totally sure what the outcome would be if I did, but if TJ's post is any indication I'd still be getting female Sinos anyways.

And I appear to have used up the ability of most of my males already in summoning the females that I already got, so I really have no hope of getting another male unless I collect more male Zyus. And even that is no guarantee, apparently, since we can't pick which ones are used and I still have plenty of females. :( 

Posted (edited)

When I got so fed up, I bred myself a set, influenced them all male, summoned and then junked them - for zombies or to the wilderness... Like reds and pinks - the lineage doesn't matter; they still work.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, but while I was using up all my males summoning females, I was not using my females plus I built a lineage with females. So now I have soooooooo many excess females that I'd probably need a ton of males to overcome them! XD 

Well, I've pretty much resigned myself to my single male and his harem of females. XD Although if it ever gets fixed so we can pick our summoners, I will probably summon him some competition!