Fuzzbucket

Sino Summons - a bit more on gender

Using all female has worked for me.  I've been obsessed with Zyus and Sinos from day one, but got a lot more male Sinos than female.  I'm almost caught up with pairs now.

So..... It's been over 6 months now since TJ responded to this thread talking about ways this could possibly be changed. Someone recently complained about the skewed-Sino-gender elsewhere, so I figured I might as well bump this yet again. There is still no way to influence what gender Sino you summon, and from what I can tell the Zyus used still seem to be rather randomly picked by the game (I just tested, did not actually summon since I don't want to right now but I did go to the Summon page: using a male the Zyus chosen were 4 female, 2 male; using a female the Zyus chosen were all female; using another female, got 4 females 2 males; trying another male, got *all* females except the one I was using).

We have Influence to help with egg genders, and Precognition to find out genders early..... But no way whatsoever to influence what gender Sino we get. Can we pleeeease have *something* happen with this? Please? 

To be fair to TJ - in my case, after EIGHT females, I made sure I had mostly males available, and got maies both times. While I was getting my girls, I even got one of hem from ALL males, so he did do something..

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

To be fair to TJ - in my case, after EIGHT females, I made sure I had mostly males available, and got maies both times. While I was getting my girls, I even got one of hem from ALL males, so he did do something..

Did something how? You mean like tweaked the chances or something? 'Cause imo getting a male when you have all female Zyus summoning is not exactly a good tweak, if that's the case. And it's not really possible to simply make sure you have all of one gender available, unless you specifically Influence all your Zyus to be one gender, which also isn't exactly a good thing imo. I have a lot of Zyus, a lot of which haven't yet used their ability, so there is no possible way for me to just make sure I have all one gender summoning unless I want to release every Zyu of the opposite gender. 

No - on the contrary. Did I mis-post  When I got 8 females in a row, no matter what, I was up here whining. But when TJ came in and said fair enough, he'd tweak, -

then I found that having a majority of males available to summon got me a male. It was all about making sure there were a LARGE majority of unused males on my scroll. But it worked.

It would make much more sense to be able to select exactly which, though.

@Fuzzbucket Okay, fair enough, I misunderstood your post.

It doesn't seem much better though when the 'rng' or whatever gives you 3 males and 3 females, or worse all males or all females when you want the opposite. I just double-checked and I do actually have at *least* 1 male of each color that has Summon still available, and yet when I click on Summon it keeps giving me multiple females, even when I go from a male's page. That doesn't really make much sense to me and doesn't really seem like a decent 'tweak' was done.... Logically I'd think that if you choose a male Zyu it's reasonable to assume you might want to summon a male Sino, and yet it keeps skewing towards female regardless of what I do. Granted, I haven't actually gone through with a Summon in awhile because I got so frustrated with constantly getting the gender I didn't want, so I'm not totally sure what the outcome would be if I did, but if TJ's post is any indication I'd still be getting female Sinos anyways.

And I appear to have used up the ability of most of my males already in summoning the females that I already got, so I really have no hope of getting another male unless I collect more male Zyus. And even that is no guarantee, apparently, since we can't pick which ones are used and I still have plenty of females. :( 

When I got so fed up, I bred myself a set, influenced them all male, summoned and then junked them - for zombies or to the wilderness... Like reds and pinks - the lineage doesn't matter; they still work.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, but while I was using up all my males summoning females, I was not using my females plus I built a lineage with females. So now I have soooooooo many excess females that I'd probably need a ton of males to overcome them! XD 

Well, I've pretty much resigned myself to my single male and his harem of females. XD Although if it ever gets fixed so we can pick our summoners, I will probably summon him some competition! 

*BIG BUMP*

Okay, Sino gender imbalance has been brought up in the 'bad luck' thread and I've done some testing just now that seems to confirm nothing has really changed in the *three years* since this thread was last active. Not only is there *still* no way to actually influence which Zyus are chosen to Summon, no matter how many available Zyus you have, it also seems that it's not even working on complete rng at all? 

Some stats: I went through ALL my Zyus and checked ability-to-Summon, confirmed that I have at least *four females* of each type that are still available to Summon. At least 4 available females of each type.  And yet when I got to the Summon-action page, through a female Zyu, I'm consistently getting an even 3 male 3 female supposedly 'randomly picked' Zyus. 

Not only that, it seems the 'rng' is choosing the *same* Zyus most of the time, no matter what Zyu I use to go to the Summon page. I have at *least* 4 females of each type, remember, specifically I have female pink Zyus codes qJiPh, dKOxI, 53jWL, and uSWud all available to Summon. And yet when I go to use Summon through a female non-pink Zyu, I'm consistently getting *male* pink Zyu TDHwl 'randomly' chosen. Every single time. Same exact issue with the other colors as well, despite having multiple females (and males) available for use I'm continuing to get the exact same ones 'picked' for Summon. I didn't actually go through with the Summon on any of these, just testing what going to the action through different Zyus would do. 

Can we please have some explanation of what, if anything, actually changed after @TJ09 posted in this thread over three years ago? Why are the exact same dragons getting selected when I go through different Zyus, why does it still seem that it does *not*  "automatically try to select dragons of the same gender" the way TJ suggested years ago? 

(I have not actually completed a Summon during this testing because I'd like to better understand what is going on first.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

I have done some "trials" of the summon action, too, and find pretty much the same result as HeatherMarie. It wants to pick the same ones, no matter which dragon I pick to initiate the action. I have never once had a majority of the selected ones that were male, in spite of having males of all variants that are available. I won't try summoning again until it is confirmed that something has changed. I don't want more females -- at least until I get more males!

It selects from the oldest available zyus on your scroll aside from the one you started the action from. Probably the only way to manipulate it is to release older zyus till you get a majority/full gender set, or start from 0 and raise only 1 gender set at a time.

I assume the only RNG involved is when the action is actually used and there's a mixed bag of zyus, not the selection of them.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Too bad having 5/6 of gender still doesn't guarantee that gender. Im still salty about that and haven't bothered since. 

15 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

It selects from the oldest available zyus on your scroll aside from the one you started the action from. Probably the only way to manipulate it is to release older zyus till you get a majority/full gender set, or start from 0 and raise only 1 gender set at a time.

Actually now I'm wondering if the selection is random or at least semi-random but 're-rolls' each day? Because after the results I posted yesterday, today when I go to the same dragons to the Summon page it shows completely different Zyus than the ones I posted about yesterday. It's still showing the same other dragons no matter which Zyu I go through, but they *are* different dragons than the ones from my last post. ..... So now I'm even more confused, because 'selecting from oldest available' at least makes sense. 

More stats: 'Oldest available' doesn't seem to be true because the blue Zyu selected in my tests today (Ix8WU) has laid/grew dates of May 2018, though I have older available blue Zyus (such as  OI4R5 with laid/grew dates in November 2017).   (I went to the Summon action through a pink Zyu.)

This time it gave me 4 females and 1 male (plus the female I went to the action from), I thought that was good odds *if* it's 'majority rules' so I went ahead and Summoned. The Sino was female, as wanted! 

..... Okay but wait hold up, when I went to the Summon page I right-clicked and opened each individual Zyu shown for the Summoning. Then I Summoned. Now I look at those Zyu's pages, even refreshing a few times, and the Action page for them still shows Summon as available?? .... Did the Zyus shown on the Summon page not actually do the Summoning? Oh my goodness I'm so confused.  

edit to update: So the pink Zyu I went through the Summon-page on (dKOxI) shows the 'already used this ability' greyed-out message for Summon now, as it should, but all the other specific Zyus that were shown on the Summon page still seem to have their Summon ability. Which is either a huge bug or a huge change, but I have no idea which.

Edited by HeatherMarie

All my six sinos are males so I'd love to see some update. My last try was two years ago though, I haven't been very motivated to complete more zyu sets. 😹

On 11/13/2017 at 6:28 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

I'd prefer if the one on which we *click* the Summon action determines/influences the Sino's gender.

I feel like this might be the easiest solution from a player/utility standpoint.

Also, judging by responses in this thread it appears I have been very lucky in that I have managed to summon one male and one female. 🤣

On 6/23/2018 at 12:11 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

When I got so fed up, I bred myself a set, influenced them all male, summoned and then junked them - for zombies or to the wilderness... Like reds and pinks - the lineage doesn't matter; they still work.

This is what I did, too - made sure everything that could summon had summoned, then bred and influenced a new set to summon with.  Seemed to work!

1 hour ago, sorenna said:

This is what I did, too - made sure everything that could summon had summoned, then bred and influenced a new set to summon with.  Seemed to work!

This is a great work-around for people who are only just starting to collect Zyus or only have a couple of each type. But it's not really feasible for those of us who already have 20+ of each type of Zyu, unless we want to release the majority of our Zyus and collect them all over again (or Summon 20+ Sinos and *then* try to even the genders...)

I'd still love to just know exactly how this mechanic works. In my last post I gave some stats and some weirdness in Zyus still showing their 'Summon' ability after using it, that still applies. Is that supposed to happen? Can Zyus use their Summon more than once now? And I'd like to know *how* these random Zyus are picked to Summon, because it seems some users say that it's always oldest-dated available Zyus picked but that's definitely not consistently true as my tests have shown. 

@TJ09  Can we please get some information on how Summoning is intended to work? Please? 

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is a great work-around for people who are only just starting to collect Zyus or only have a couple of each type. But it's not really feasible for those of us who already have 20+ of each type of Zyu, unless we want to release the majority of our Zyus and collect them all over again (or Summon 20+ Sinos and *then* try to even the genders...)

I don't feel like I want to release all Zyus I already have just to make sure I have the desired Sino gender. My personal play style regarding the Sinos might not be important here but I'd really appreciate a 100% guaranteed gender.

23 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'd still love to just know exactly how this mechanic works. In my last post I gave some stats and some weirdness in Zyus still showing their 'Summon' ability after using it, that still applies. Is that supposed to happen? Can Zyus use their Summon more than once now? And I'd like to know *how* these random Zyus are picked to Summon, because it seems some users say that it's always oldest-dated available Zyus picked but that's definitely not consistently true as my tests have shown. 

@TJ09  Can we please get some information on how Summoning is intended to work? Please? 

I only have one Sino so far, but if I read correctly if I try to summon a new Sino the Zyus that already used their ability would be involved again?

Please, @TJ09

btw, I support that idea of the 'gender click' influencing the gender of the Sino. 

58 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I only have one Sino so far, but if I read correctly if I try to summon a new Sino the Zyus that already used their ability would be involved again?

Not sure, that's not how it used to work (Zyus can only Summon once and then it's greyed out for that dragon) but in my tests lately it does seem that ones that were shown on the Summon-page before Summoning still have the ability. Might be a bug, might not, may have been a weird one-time thing (I haven't Summoned since).