trinityZ61

Terms/Phrases

I would be able to keep updated on what is going on, but I can't tell you how confusing it is when you first come up on your website.

Maybe levels would help Newbie's like me.  That way I could only have to learn  one level at a time. And more help when requested. I'm pretty lost as far as what is going on . Terms /phrases are like a foreign language so I could grasp a little info at a time. Other than that I got dragons and hatching and just learned a bit about Corporealize, and I have 2 or three and continue to breed them as they are able. So...

so for this newbie, too much,.. too much 

can't do (device issues) and no knowledge and Having levels to learn a little at a time. In order to keep up... up dated.

Edited by trinityZ61
Spelling

I don't think limiting newbies to what they can or can't do would be very fun. This is a pretty low key game as-is, forcing things to be even quieter for newbies seems like a good way to drive them off.

If you have questions, just ask us and we'll help you! You can also check out the wiki, which has oodles of information on just about everything: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Cave_Wiki

What is it you need to know ? I WAS your mentor, but I haven't heard from you in ages - do ask....

Have you looked at the FAQ?

There are a list of terms there. Maybe that will help.

I certainly don't think limiting a newbie's play is a good idea at all. All games can be a little confusing when you first join, but asking questions on the forum or even googling info about the game can usually fix any problem you have.

I remember actually feeling like I was limited as a new player. The reduced number of slots available definitely got on my nerves me when there were so many amazing breeds to grab. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I still can't be the only one, so I'm not supportive of this suggestion. Sorry. 

As for learning terms, I highly recommend that you check out the wiki that ADP linked and the trading/breeding subforms. I picked up a lot of the terminology that way. I've only been playing DC for about two years and I already have all of the egg descriptions and dragon types memorized. It seems like a lot at first, but you will pick it up with time. If you ever have any questions, send me a message! I'm more than happy to help :)

Edit: I can't spell

Edited by The Dragoness

The game is pretty limited for new players as it is. You can only have so many eggs and growing things when you start and the number only increases the longer you play. You've taken a step in the right direction by joining the forum. When I first joined, I was pretty confused about things, but I figured it out by following and eventually joining the forum.  If you go under "help" on the main site, there is a section called "introduction." It gives a basic overview of the site. I've linked the intro page here: https://dragcave.net/help/intro. You can also see the news from the front page of the site now if you want to keep tabs on what is happening each month. 

9 hours ago, trinityZ61 said:

Wow, I have never had so many responses ever. Thx so much. 

I would like limitations  because, I've been here a year and still have a hard enough sending a message, a PM.     I mean it isn't just a question or two , and I have gone to "wiki,drag/cave.... but it's  sometimes it's a step that isn't said, Like How to get there and different devices copy and paste to my browser.  Rarely do I get all info including where to Find and " how to" and what my Kindle Fire is able to do. I just recently got a used Laptop. So I can maybe figure out more than I was able to do. But I have asked for help and asked for a mentor and never got a REPLY, ever. Rather than me keeping up on  topic, I need to back up to what I'm

trying to do . I can see there is some info. that has never been offered to me and I can start there. I have literally cried after getting off this website because I was so frustrated and mad .... That  if,  I didn't log off I was going to break something or have a temper tantrum. Cried and no one even answered my attempts for help or anything. So eventually I gave up! I will look the info. that you've sent. And Thank You again..... To All that replied to my .... concerns.!!! ..trinityZ61🍸🌠💋🐾💜💡💡

Excuse me but I can't let that pass. I have deleted the messages now - but I took you on as a mentor AGES ago. I will do so again like a shot - but your main issue at the time seemed to be the device you were using - you said in your PMs to me that you were so fed up you were about to leave - and Sockpuppet Strangler PMd you about that.

PMing you now. Click messages > top right to read it.

Edited by fuzzbucket
clarity

trinityZ61 - I am still waiting to hear from you. You haven't read your PM I sent this time yesterday, so I don't know how else to reach you, but your last post was very unfair to the mentoring project. Saying

But I have asked for help and asked for a mentor and never got a REPLY, ever.

was just not on - you had me ; it's right there in the mentoring thread; you even messaged me in February with questions I couldn't help with about your device, and you had Socky trying to help you with that , and lord knows I have been trying now. I don't know what else we can do - but it is down to you to ask when you have a question. I can't guess what you want to know, but I will answer your questions when you ask them and I would have done so all this time, but you didn't ask. Please do.

I apologize, but I'm sure I checked PM only a few times frustrated I guess I gave up to soon.  Took me a while to reply cause I have a hard time finding where to click. Sorry but me I'm and especially not smart enough to figure it out ,most of the time. And I do apologize again. But possibly my request to you was put in the wrong place ,that's possible.  It is confusing to me even to send and reply. Sorry but it's the truth. That's what I said about being lost from the start.  So keeping myself updated on  stuff going on... I do read them once in a while but I don't really understand in order to participate. Let's hope I sent this correctly and you receive it.

OK - apology accepted on behalf of the programme. :)

I'm not cross - but the programme is such a good one... The new messaging system and forum software has a lot to answer for, but you do have a new message. We'll take it from here. Don't despair.

Edited by fuzzbucket