Valstrax

ANSWERED:psudowyverns

one thing i have not seen in this game yet is a psudowyvern. this image is of a tigrex (don't use this its copyrighted this is just to show what a psudowyvern looks like.) now i know it would be appreciated to finally have these psudowyverns in-game

Tigrex.png

That's a very cool looking picture. All the dragons in the game are sprited by players, so if you want a psudowyvern in the game the best way to get that to happen is to come up with your own dragon concept. The Dragon Requests part of the forum is closed to new topics right now, but you can definitely work on a concept in private and post it when it's re-opened.

But we do have something like that. They're called Golden Wyverns... And Magelight Pygmies seem to be like that, too.

Well, at least mostly, since the anatomy of your posted pseudo-wyvern is wonky and wouldn't make it into DC without correcting. *cough* hangbutt *cough*, way too little membrane to be flightworthy, too little chest muscle to actually use the wings for active flight... you get the idea.

Magelight_Pygmy_Wyvern_female.png

Golden_Wyvern_male.png

ETA: Sorry for the bloated-up images, that's what usually happens with images from the DC wiki... *sigh*

Edited by olympe

Interesting picture. Out of curiosity, what makes a pseudowyvern different from a regular wyvern? What are the characteristics that set this class of creature apart from other two winged, two legged forms?

But the wiki entry states that it can fly, even though it rarely does...

13 hours ago, olympe said:

But the wiki entry states that it can fly, even though it rarely does...

What I meant was psudowyverns in general the Tigrex was an example.

Well, not everyone knows the lore of the game the Tigrex is in ^^" Therefore confusion can spawn.

Either way, imho I doubt a dragon with such anatomy would be ever accepted into the game, unless there's an in-depth explanation, like I don't know, the membranes are actually just mobile frills used to frighten the opponents, attract mates, help with swimming, cooling the dragon down (like fans), this kind of stuff. Perhaps the dragon would behave in a similar way to an ostrich, or something.

There is a possibility of something like this to work, but as I said, the concept needs to be super well developed.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:33 AM, Fiona said:

Interesting picture. Out of curiosity, what makes a pseudowyvern different from a regular wyvern? What are the characteristics that set this class of creature apart from other two winged, two legged forms?

see psudowyverns fly but not very often as they prefer to run or walk along the ground and they also use there wings as arms (so named wing-arms)

Edited by xXshadowsniper36Xx

I don't know if there is enough of a difference between these 'pseudowyverns' and wyverns.

They honestly just read as flightless wyverns.

It's like comparing chickens and ducks. 

I'm going to close this thread because there's nothing specifically actionable about it. People are free to create wyvern concepts that have claws at the end of their wing arms—and as others have pointed out, several on-site dragons do have those. I don't think it varies enough from the stock wyvern body plan to classify it as a separate type, but that doesn't change much.