squiffy

Dragons you just can't find

Tell your stories of those dragons you just can't seem to find... I'll start!

So I've been on the lookout for an Albino egg, but I just can't find one! I actually saw an abandoned albino egg, but I was on mobile and couldn't sign in on time... RIP me

My latest hunt was for some Aeons a while back. I see them, but very rarely! And I need about..40 more for scroll goals XD

I just need to really focus on it and I know I'll get the dragons I need. A little annoying to focus on just 1 breed, nonetheless.

Kingcrownes. A while ago, I made an IOU to someone for a handful of CB Kingcrowne hatchlings. They were pretty common at the time. I haven't seen a single one in the biomes since then :/

CB Red Dorsals. /sobs

Also, I recommend creating a poll in the first post, sorted by rarity (like "Metal, Rare, Common, Other," for instance).

Edited by Miral

For some reason I haven't seen Nebulas or Seasonals for a while. I must be hunting in the biomes at the wrong times all the time. :D

I know they're really rare so it makes sense, but I have only seen one gold in the cave. Ever. And I've been on here since 2008.

Edited by littleangelamy22

1 hour ago, Cottoncat said:

For some reason I haven't seen Nebulas or Seasonals for a while. I must be hunting in the biomes at the wrong times all the time. :D

I've been hunting those myself lately, and the reason is because of the Carina obsession and the last/first days surriounding the seasonal switch - they ARE out there for sure, but they get picked up fast. I would personally try hunting at the beginning of every 5 min/hourly drop.

Edited by Orchi'dea

I love Aeons and their Sprites. I haven't seen a CB since they were released. Let's put it this way: I own more CB Metallics than CB Aeons.

That's only because the Metallics know I'm going to either Gift them to others or "sell" them for dirt cheap so others can get them too. XD

Yeah, they probably did a count and figured with only half of my catches gifted I'm not worthy XD I greedily kept Tiyagor and Johnny Mad for myself.

Anyone seen Gemshards lately? I for sure didn't.

1 hour ago, littleangelamy22 said:

I know they're really rare so it makes sense, but I have only seen one gold in the cave. Ever. And I've been on here since 2008.

Same here and then you have someone catching them like they're nothing but commons

Why does it sound like I'm a bad person for catching a lot of Metallics? o.O I swear every time someone says something along the lines of "I never see them, but she does and she gets loads of them." it sounds more like "I don't like her for dot dot dot." I'm not saying that's what you guys mean when you DO say it, but that's what it sounds like (at least, to me). I really have no reason to defend myself, but I am just going to say that I spend 5+ hours a night looking, refreshing, and hunting. I'm disabled, have loads of free time, a bad case of insomnia, and I happen to love DC to death. I don't just pop in the Cave once or twice randomly a day. I hunt vigorously. Probably more vigorously than I want to admit. I also happen to have a decently fast computer and a good internet connection. I might see a lot of them (I do miss quite a few ;) ), and I might catch a lot of them, but I also could be a very greedy, "IDC about them" kind of person and only trade my CB Golds for 2G Prizes (and the like) instead of giving them away and trading them for dirt cheap common hatchlings. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Orchi'dea said:

I would personally try hunting at the beginning of every 5 min/hourly drop.

It's neat how very shortly after reading this post I was in the forest biome for the hourly drop and caught an autumn Seasonal. :D It was good advice!

As for Nebulas, if certain color variants count as something that's hard to find, then it's definitely the purple one. Lineaged or CB, they sure seem hard to get!

31 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Why does it sound like I'm a bad person for catching a lot of Metallics? o.O I swear every time someone says something along the lines of "I never see them, but she does and she gets loads of them." it sounds more like "I don't like her for dot dot dot." I'm not saying that's what you guys mean when you DO say it, but that's what it sounds like (at least, to me). I really have no reason to defend myself, but I am just going to say that I spend 5+ hours a night looking, refreshing, and hunting. I'm disabled, have loads of free time, a bad case of insomnia, and I happen to love DC to death. I don't just pop in the Cave once or twice randomly a day. I hunt vigorously. Probably more vigorously than I want to admit. I also happen to have a decently fast computer and a good internet connection. I might see a lot of them (I do miss quite a few ;) ), and I might catch a lot of them, but I also could be a very greedy, "IDC about them" kind of person and only trade my CB Golds for 2G Prizes (and the like) instead of giving them away and trading them for dirt cheap common hatchlings. *shrugs*

Look, I'm not calling you a bad person or anything in fact, far from it! In fact, I wish I could just spend 5+ hours looking for a gold egg. It just amused and puzzles me *shrugs* 

2 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

Why does it sound like I'm a bad person for catching a lot of Metallics?

Must be your ears. Personally, I admire your skills :)

6 hours ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I love Aeons and their Sprites. I haven't seen a CB since they were released. Let's put it this way: I own more CB Metallics than CB Aeons.

I've got a CB Aeon (which is more than than my zero CB Metallics), and I've seen a few others but been either too slow or scroll-locked. Different luck for different people I guess :P DC is a funny funny thing.

There are SO many I never see anymore.

Every time I pick up a cb Nebula they're always green or orange; I just want blue/purple nebbies, c'mon man.

I don't know if it's because people actually pick them up or what, but I don't see ridgewings and certainly don't see a lot of tan ridgewings these days.

magelight pygmy dragons evade me. 

I've never seen a gold in-cave, I've only seen a thunder once, and I've only seen a Paper once. I've never seen a dino in-cave.

Also Olives have been weirdly absent lately; along with balloons. 

15 hours ago, littleangelamy22 said:

I've got a CB Aeon (which is more than than my zero CB Metallics), and I've seen a few others but been either too slow or scroll-locked. Different luck for different people I guess :P DC is a funny funny thing.

Aeons to me are common. I mostly hunt for codes so I'm not actually looking for an actual dragon 

There seems to be a shortage of balloons (I owe some !)

It seems like whenever I'm looking for a specific cave blocker, they're nowhere to be found.

I can seem to catch everything BUT CB Golds. CB Silvers come to me no problem, but gold? Pfft. But Nebs have also been alluding me lately :( I collected them before it was cool! :P 

I'll jump on the Gold train. I have enough Golds for scroll goals, thankfully, but I never see them in the cave as all mine were traded for!