Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uber1

Hello :D

Hello everyone!

So I actually joined Dragon Cave on September 3rd, 2010 - but I have just sort of lurked around the forum/site since then.  Shame on me!  I recently referred several friends to join the site and notice one of them had introduced themselves ( *waves at Hollthulhu* ), so I thought if they are going to introduce themselves, then it's probably way past due that I do as well!

I'm 30 y/o and I'm a social worker from Indiana.  I finished my first BA degree in January of this year.  I'm an avid video game player, but I mostly stick to Blizzard titles: World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III, Starcraft II, and Overwatch.  In WoW I'm a crazed battle pet collector!

In real life, I have many critters as well... These days I'm known as the crazy chicken lady!  I have 3 budgies, 2 parrotlets + eggs, 2 conures, 5 guinea pigs (3 skinny pigs), and a cat.  I had a ton of goofy chickens, but I had to move in July and wasn't able to take them with me.  I hope that once I get settled here I will eventually have chickens once more.  They were so much fun!  I'm also an avid gardener.  I specialize in succulents, roses, vinca, and sedums, but have a green thumb for just about anything.  

I've just moved from Texas back home to Indiana.  My father suffered a hemorrhagic stroke earlier this year and it has left him pretty weak.  While he's doing okay considering the circumstances, this combined with his other health issues has left him needing a lot of help.  Mom was doing her best, but she's not as physically able as she used to be either.  So I've moved back home to help out.  I managed to tear a rotator cuff the first week I was here... but I'm still doing my best to help out!

Lastly, I'm a super creative person!  I love to crochet, knit, paint, bead, and make jewelry.  Crochet is my main passion though.  My grandmother taught me how to do it when I was really young, but I never picked it up seriously.  Then when I was in my early 20s I decided to refresh myself and haven't stopped hooking since!  I mostly make blankets, hats, and amigurumi.

Anyhoo... I'm thrilled to be here and happy to help anyone, however, I can.  Don't hesitate to contact me. :D

Take Care!

Hello and welcome! Seven years is a long time to lurk, but at least you've come out of the shadows to join us officially now! ;) 

That's very kind of you to help your father in his time of need. I hope his health improves.

What are your favorite plants? I don't have a green thumb, but I love gardening. 

Have you completed any crochet projects? I'm still working on a cross-stitch that's going on 20 years now. 

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Hello and welcome! Seven years is a long time to lurk, but at least you've come out of the shadows to join us officially now! ;) 

That's very kind of you to help your father in his time of need. I hope his health improves.

What are your favorite plants? I don't have a green thumb, but I love gardening. 

Have you completed any crochet projects? I'm still working on a cross-stitch that's going on 20 years now. 

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome.  Seven years is a long time!  I feel really bad for not posting sooner, but I tend to avoid forums.  I did visit to keep up to date on the latest news, look for info, and in general see what was happening with DC.  

I do hope that his health improves as well.  Like I said, all things considered with what he went through and where his health was at already, he's doing pretty well.  We've got to get him to take his physical therapy more seriously though or he'll never recover any sort of muscle strength.  

Favorite plants?  That's a tough one... I love so many, but if I had to pick just a few, I would say that my favorite roses are voodoo and purple passion hybrid tea roses and that the Aeonium arboreum 'Zwartkop' is my favorite succulent.  I also really enjoy growing my own herbs.  Oh I also love growing luffa gourd's as well.  There's something oddly satisfying about being able to grow your own luffa sponges lol.

I have completed many MANY crochet projects!  In the first year that I was refreshing myself on the craft, I completed one small project (hat, wallet, amigurumi, etc) weekly.  Sometimes daily.  And then I finished 3 lapghans and 3 queen-sized afghans as gifts.  For a few years after that, I was a yarn fiend and crocheted to sell at the local craft fairs and on Etsy.  I was in a car accident that caused some nerve damage in the right arm and had to step away from that sort of thing for a while, but after some physical therapy, I've gotten back into it.  Just not at quite the same pace as before.  Most recently I've decided to try and tackle a "crochet by numbers" style blanket.  I've done graphgans before, but nothing near this complicated.  I'm excited about the challenge though!

Take care!

10 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Welcome to forum! Hope you enjoy!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, StormBirdRising said:

Hello Uber1 and welcome to the Dragon Cave forum. :)

My prayers and best wishes to your Dad, Mom, and to you.

Thank you for the welcome and warm wishes!