Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kastigan

Howdy

Hey guys, guess I'll try this again. I've been playing Dragoncave for a few weeks now and wanted to get into some trading as well as talk to some people about breeding and get a little bit better an idea of how the game has changed over it's lifetime (Is it harder to find golden dragons than it was? Is that why so many people seem to have them but I never see them?) All that stuff and some more, hopefully I'll be able to join the community a little.

Hello and welcome! And yes, Gold dragons have become increasingly difficult to find. I've found CB Coppers and Xenos since finding a Gold or Silver. Have fun trading!

Finding true-rares like Golds is often a matter of timing and luck... I know of one particular user here who seems to catch Cavebred Golds fairly often, but I don't know their catching style so I don't know how long they refresh the biomes before finding them. And reflexes are very important, even if you manage to see a Gold, many other users will see it and click on it too, so being fast is key. Welcome, hope you have fun around here!

Yeah, I figured each new dragon release would reduce the chance of the true rares from happening, since it increases the pool and reduces the chance of a spawn, and compounding that with a (theoretical) increased user base makes it so a distribution would be skewed away from the rares. 

Hi Kastigan, and welcome to the Forums. :)  CB golds are very rare. In three years I have only seen one CB gold in the biomes.