StarSea

Heart of Blue - WIP Fansite

7 hours ago, StarSea said:

Thank you for bringing up your concerns, @JavaTigress! Let's see if I can try clarifying how login will be used! :)

The current plan is that you will be able to just add your growing things to the hatchery by default. Unfortunately this will leave a vast majority of accounts unprotected as far as HoB's hatchery.
Logging in through DC's page, or HoB itself, will provide a slew of tools to the user. You'll be able to secure your account so that you can determine who can manage your things in hatcheries (anyone, only on that browser, etc.) just like how DragHatch works.
If you decide to make a HoB account, you will be able to "link" your DC account to it through DC's login page, and you'll be able to secure your scroll even further with that if you wish.

To use the hatchery, general tools, and lineage builder, there will be zero requirement to log in. Logging in will solely provide you with ways to secure your account and additional, quality of life, options for those aspects of the site. Things such as posting trades, however, will require you to log in through DC at the very least.

Thanks for clarifying. AND I wills ay that part of my concern was a misunderstanding of what 'loging in' might involve, too. XD

The new breeds, Tatterdrake and Red-Tailed Pygmy Wyrm, have been added! It looks like I never announced Florets and Freckleds being added though, whoops, but they're in there as well. :)

With the update to the seasonal and red sprites, the image positions and sizes have been corrected! Happy birthday, DC, and I can't wait to see the new adults to add in as well!

I just discovered your lineage builder, and I'm super excited about it! Can't wait for it to have those features in your first post :)

Question though, the tutorial says I can copy and paste the sprites, but I can't. Is this not live yet (as the tutorial is a preview) or a bug? Using FireFox.

The new breeds, Leodon, Lacula, Melismor, and Razorcrest, have been added to the previewer!

@Cinspawn That is correct, copy & pasting sprites is not live yet, unfortunately.

The newest breeds, Black Truffle and Pyrovar, have been added to the previewer!

Just wanted to bring in an additional update for you guys:
I ended up getting a second job, so I have been and will be busy juggling the both of them. As you guys have more than likely noticed, updates and previews have been slow, but I promise you I still wholeheartedly plan to continue this project and see it through! I don't currently have any estimated release timeline for the projects, but things will become clearer as we get further along.

Our new breeds, Siyat and Mimic Pygmy, have been added! Happy previewing~

The newest additions, Ash and Boreal Dragons, have been added to the previewer!

The tiles for Ashes and Boreals in the previewer are currently the hatchling images (and Boreals don't show up unless you shrink icons, at least on my end); maybe the wrong image was used accidentally?

23 hours ago, lolahighwind said:

The tiles for Ashes and Boreals in the previewer are currently the hatchling images (and Boreals don't show up unless you shrink icons, at least on my end); maybe the wrong image was used accidentally?

The first of each of the dragons grew up first, so I had gone with them, but for some reason TJ reverted the first of each to hatchlings instead of the second of each. I noticed last night but unfortunately was unable to fix it at the time. I've now gone ahead and changed the codes to a pair of my own dragons in case TJ decides to change which ones he reverted.

Unfortunately since TJ's are the only ones that can grow up so soon, I use his ones but there's no consistency in which ones he reverts and sometimes he doesn't even revert them at all so sadly this is an issue bound to happen, but I'll do my best to change the codes to new adults as quickly as possible whenever this does happen.

Edited by StarSea

Oops haha I just realized I switched the genders on the pipio pygmies give me a few seconds lol

Just wanted to thank you for your work. Your lineage builder is amazing and time-saving, so thank you!! :)

My apologies for the delay, it seems I overslept my alarm for the adults. Our newest Halloween breed, Arcana, has been added to the previewer!

Thank you for adding the new breed so quickly! :)

Could you also please add Black Luminas?

57 minutes ago, natli said:

Thank you for adding the new breed so quickly! :)

Could you also please add Black Luminas?

They are already on the site! Under Dark Lumina. ^^

2 minutes ago, relaks said:

They are already on the site! Under Dark Lumina. ^^

LOL thank you :D

Hi, Star! It seems like the Aether was reverted into a hatchling. TJ's other adult is (sAKpk).

Thanks for keeping this up-to-date~ Still a lot of fun to mess with, and it's faster than fiddling with tiles in MS Paint. |D

Hi star, thanks for keeping the lineage builder up to date! As a question, how do you figure out the offsets/zooms for the dragon portraits?

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence! Work had become extremely stressful over the past few months, but I've got time once again.
Thank you for the notice about the Aether Wyverns and the link to the other adult, @11th, I've gone ahead and updated them! I've also added our missing newest breeds, Sakuhana Wyvern from Valentines, and Blancblack and Aqualis from the March release.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, Jack_Indivisible said:

Hi star, thanks for keeping the lineage builder up to date! As a question, how do you figure out the offsets/zooms for the dragon portraits?

Hey there! To figure out the offsets and zooms for the dragon portraits, I open HoB in two tabs. Then in one of the tabs, I use Inspect Element to put the official lineage image into the block, and on the other tab I put in the full-sized image of the dragon. Then with the full-sized image, I can shrink the image and move it around, and then switch back and forth between the tabs until they look as similar as I can get them. Once they look the same, I now have the size and position I need to put into the site's code.
Hopefully that made sense!

Skysilk and Mariner Pygmy have both been added to the previewer!

Just found out about this. It helped me a lot on planning out my lineage. Thank you