StarSea

Heart of Blue - WIP Fansite

Oooh nice! I just discovered this, looks great so far!

@StarSea

1. Option, please. Also I really really like to be able to enter my eggs in the ER section only (meaning adding them to the ER section does not automatically adds them to the main section as well)

2. Timer is important, code and image (of the egg/hatchie) as well. I don't use any other stats.

3. That'd be cool.

4. I personally prefer an automatic refresh from the start... but yeah, probably best to make it an option.

Helloooo it's been a while! Had some unfortunate events irl causing setbacks and all, but we are back! :D
Unfortunately I don't have anything more to show as previews, but I do have some extra thoughts, ideas, and plans I had that I'd love to share.

Since zombies and gravestones are finicky, you might have noticed that zombies are not actually available in the lineage builder. Another feature I'd love to introduce with the update will be the ability to mark a dragon for "death" or "zombification" with their respective icons; dirt-rip.png and meep.png Hovering over the "zombification" marker will, if everything goes according to plan, tell you what type of zombie you will get, which you can then reference the wiki's Undead page to see the sprite(s).
I'm also hoping to introduce naming, "checklists", the generation number bar, "gender" and "lineage" swapping (probably most useful for checkers), templates (I'll need some example lineages to get the template library started!), spriter's alts, and more!

There's so many things I'm hoping to do to the lineage builder, I better not get ahead of myself, but I want you guys to know that there is a LOT in store for the update, as well as the incoming hatchery. I don't want to rush any of it either, and all of these things are features I myself would find useful so I hope I can say that I'm just as excited to get it finished as you guys are to get to play with it all! :D I hope you'll bear with me as we work towards a great, polished, tool for everyone.

TwinBear! I love your lineage builder and find it super useful. Can't even start to imagine how amazing it will be with all these new perks! H Y P E

Garlands have been added to the lineage builder. Please let me know if you notice anything off about their positioning or the gender restriction. :)

Hello once again guys! I come to bring you another preview :) This is an older preview, however, that I hadn't thought to share until now. In this preview, we have the Tutorial page for the Lineage Builder. The Keyboard Shortcut area may end up looking different and have completely different shortcuts, I was mainly trying to figure out a layout and design that looked best.
If you have any critique or preferences for anything found in here, please do let me know! It's a somewhat tall image, so I suggest opening the full pic to be able to read through it all.
screencapture-localhost-dragcave-lineage
The layout may end up being changed so there's not just a huge empty space after the keyboard shortcuts but we'll have to see once the lineage builder gets further developed and more info is added.

On another note, if you would like to use the current lineage builder to make some layout/breed pattern "templates", please take a screenshot of it and show me here, or add it to an imgur album and link that for me. I'd love to have some ready for the template library once we get there. :)
As always, thank you all for your support and patience! I can't wait to bring you more previews and tools :D

Maybe under that big empty space, maybe you could put some eggs/hatchlings there, so while reading the tutorial eggs/hatchlings could get some views? Like a mini viewer?

I'd also like to see some sort of trading thing, that would be great considering EATW is gone... :( 

Edited by mouse050909

On 1/2/2018 at 12:08 PM, mouse050909 said:

I'd also like to see some sort of trading thing, that would be great considering EATW is gone... :( 

Came here to say this! I feel like with your creative tools, Heart of Blue may be the heir apparent to EATW.

On Tuesday, January 02, 2018 at 10:08 AM, mouse050909 said:

Thirding this, hard. I'd absolutely love if you could include a new dragon market. I'm still crushed about EatW shutting down.

Trading hub it is! :) I'll try to get a preview posted in a week or so for you all to poke and prod at.

I think my favorite thing about your hatchery so far is that you have to log in to use it.

That is something we desperately need in a hatchery with all this malicious viewbombing. One less hatchery able to be abused by viewbombing.

I didn’t realize you were slso creating a hatchery within Heart of Blue, Star! Will be interesting to see this progress.

Also, just wanted to say that I really like the close up icons in the lineage builder. Get to see close ups of Fire Gems!

Edited by Dorchet

Any chance for the possibility to see all your pairs' offspring (links and count per pair) in one page? ^^ (EATW had sth like that at some point and I'm missing it as much as the clean trading market)

Edited by VixenDra

29 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Any chance for the possibility to see all your pairs' offspring (links and count per pair) in one page?

Additionally or optionally (to select maybe) all CB adults (even the ungendered and unbreedable ones)?

When I first looked at this thread (what feels like) ages ago, it didn't look like much, but now it starts to look like a solid project!

All I can say is, with all the suggestions you are getting, please don't spread yourself too thin! Be sure the things you do are done well. I love what you have done so far and look forward to more features as much as anyone, but hope you can keep the quality high.

Thank you for the suggestions, I've added them to the list! :)

On another note - since the project list for the site is starting to fill out quite well, I've decided to make a general poll, including a section for you to tell me how important you feel it is for a certain feature to get implemented over another. Hopefully responses to it will give me some idea for what the community would like to see first, rather than working on what I personally think would be important. If you're interested in filling out the poll, please do so here: https://goo.gl/forms/7DOEy90HaoKfkids2

That's a very general poll, with the whole wishlist being a single bulletpoint XD

Personally, I'm a friend of "shortest job first", as in, to first do what's easiest and thus shortest for you to do so you can look at a success already while working on the next step.

Everyone works differently, I suppose :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes
typo

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's a very general poll, with the whole wishlist being a single bulletpoint XD

Personally, I'm a friend of "shortest job first", as in, to first do what's easiest and thus shortest for you to do so you can look at a success already while working on the next step.

Everyone works differently, I suppose :)

I filled out the poll but I agree with this! Do the short and easy stuff first.

This is what I put in the comments section if anyone can expand on it or knows more about what's possible:

Scroll stats would be really nice, the more specific (and customizable) the better. I don't know what's possible but for example being able to search your own scroll for the dragon with the least views, or the frozen hatchling with the most unique views, or dragons whose codes include certain characters. I don't know what tools EatW had exactly but the more I hear about them the more I regret not using them!

I struggled with the poll a bit because to me the scroll stats and CB viewer are high priority, while signatures and icons are low priority for me, but they were all together in one category. A hatchery like EatW that can be trusted to monitor eggs and have them hatched quickly would be my top priority though.

I really love the lineage viewer you already have and I'm looking forward to the updates you've previewed for it so I can't wait to see what else you come out with!

That one is helpful but it does have some weird quirks! It's more specific than I remembered though. I just know I've tried to use it for certain things and found it didn't list them (I wish I could remember what they were!)

4k5h0Upl.png

That dragon is this Sinomorph. And I definitely have dragons with children...

Problem is that the Sinomorph doesn't deliver proper data - but you should probably report that in AoND's thread ;)