Jump to content
TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

mbTQrok.png

What will you do?
TEA | COOKIE
>GREET | RUN

 

“I’m Tien, it’s nice to meet you. What are your names?" 

 

Evonna looks up at the dark-haired boy and smiles. “I’m--” She’s interrupted by a tall, young brunette man, seeming around their age- if not a tad older- and a young girl with very bright pink hair. The boy gives them a wave, and Evonna wishes Chikako wasn’t skirting back and forth into the kitchen.

 

“Hey, did you make these cookies,” he asks. Evonna clears her throat. She doesn’t much care for small talk, nor does the dark- haired boy- Tien. She takes some comfort in that. But she gives the newcomers a shy smile. 

 

“Um, I did. My name is Evonna.” Chikako comes back in with the tea, and she beams at the new people in the room.

 

Well, hi there. Glad to see we have some more people to share these cookies with-- my friend here decided to bake everything she got at the marketplace.” She gives the older brunette and the younger pinkette a small wave and sets the tea on the table. “Ev wanted to make cookies for everyone. I tried one, I had no idea what I was missing back at home. Anyway, I caught Tien’s name, what may I call you two? Oh heck, where are my manners? My name is Chikako Tanimoto. Chikako or Chika are fine.” 

 

Evonna has no idea how one could be so goddamn friendly. 

 

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

 

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Status: Stable

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo

 

"Hey," a voice interrupts before Tien can get an answer, "did you make these cookies?"

 

He turns to see a number of people enter the room; a brown-haired boy around his age, and a girl even younger than the other two, with bright pink hair. Hanging back behind them is another boy, also his age, with pale blue hair that looks almost white. All of them are almost Shin-pale.

 

Honestly, it takes Tien several long moments before he processes their ages. He gets a bit stuck on the unusual hair colors. Unusual but very pretty hair colors.

 

"Um, I did. My name is Evonna," the other girl says, bringing Tien back to attention. He glances back at her for a moment, then checks eye colors quickly--Evonna’s darkeyed, and the girl who keeps darting into the other room is lighteyed, he knows that--and these three all have light eyes too, alright. Actually, the pink-haired girl’s eyes are almost the same shade that Tien’s turn when he summons Fractal.

 

(None of the girls are covering their safehands, but he’s trying very, very hard to ignore that. Different cultures and all. He doesn’t think the darkeyes-lighteyes split is a thing here either, but considering that adhering to that is more a matter of personal safety rather than personal embarrassment, he’s not ready to test the limits there yet.)

 

The other girl ducks back in from the kitchen and starts talking cheerfully and very quickly. Tien’s pretty sure he managed to catch all of it, but he thinks he might have missed a few words. But, well, that’s what he has Fractal for. And he caught her name, at least. Chikako somehow has a similar vibe to Utakata; maybe they’re from alternate versions of the same country or something.

 

Still...that’s starting to feel like a lot of lighteyes. Even if they are his age or younger, even though Evonna doesn’t seem worried about it at all, even though none of them look Alethi--it’s starting to make Tien nervous. He knows it probably shouldn’t, he’s dealt with more lighteyes with worse attitudes. But, well, he wasn’t really expected to participate in those discussions.

 

...Oh, that’s what’s making him nervous. Alright, he can deal with that, at least temporarily. Tien folds his hands behind his back and steps towards the wall, out of everyone’s way. It’s a form of hiding in plain sight and it probably won’t work, but it puts him in a place he’s familiar with. Fractal hums quietly, and that helps too.

Edited by Pachimew

Share this post


Link to post

dcv6up8-e637a9de-3c49-42cd-ad44-e5f9a41d

 

Illidan Stormrage, Lord of the Illidari
<Status: Stable; startled>
<Location: 2nd Floor Hallway>
<People: Light>

 

~~

 

Illidan had just finished getting those last nuanced details of the Illidari emblem on the door. It had taken a little less time than he'd anticipated, he had to admit, but it was still painstaking work and now his nostrils practically burned with the scent of sawdust. Nonetheless, he had stopped his meticulous scratching to admire his work. He had outdone himself - the emblem was accurate and didn't look too bad on the door. Now everyone would know which room was his...

 

He knew he was probably going to have to clean up the mess of wood dust on the floor, though.

 

"...um, hi. Do you know where a free room might be?"

 

The voice was enough to startle Illidan, but instead of a shocked yelp, he ended up sneezing due to all the wood dust. Yeah, he was definitely going to have to clean this up, even if only to save himself from descending into a sneezing fit.

 

He sighed. "There's free rooms all up and down the hallway. Lots of them. I don't know which ones, though."

 

~~

 

dcv6upn-d1811c04-0097-440d-838e-2cd323bd

Towa Akagi, Princess of the Hope Kingdom
<Status: Stable; delighted>
<Location: Dining Hall>
<People: Sorey | Evonna | Chikako | Tien>

 

~~

 

Towa listened as everyone around her introduced themselves, and then politely curtsied in front of them. "My name is Towa Akagi. It's nice to meet you all. Evonna, Chikako, and Tien... they're all lovely names."

 

She then smiles. "You made these, Evonna? They smell heavenly..." And then she spots the tea. "Oh, you're having a tea party! I used to go to them all the time back home! Then again, as the Princess of the Hope Kingdom, a lot of other people would show up for those as well... It'll be nice to be in a small tea party for a change."

Share this post


Link to post

latest?cb=20170317034216

Sorey - Dining Hall

[cookies!] - [with ev, tien, towa, chikako, and mikleo] - [edna on the side]

 

The older boy, introduced indirectly as Tien, shrunk away without a word once he and Towa arrived. The most talkative of the three was definitely that active girl with the purple ribbon and the fishnet stockings -- but all in all, everyone seemed to be very nice.

 

Sorey added his own name to the introductions. "My name's Sorey!"

 

He glanced aside at Mikleo. Could the humans here see him? The shepherd wasn't sure if he should introduce his best friend, who was staring silently and wistfully into the distance. The water seraph, feeling his eyes, shifted his attention away and examined the room's decor, noting the scarred table and the snacks sitting on top of it. Sorey felt bad for him... Even though Mikleo was someone who normally spoke very little, it probably felt very lonely being a ghost in the human world. The seraph would never admit it, of course -- but Sorey knew him well enough to read the disappointment in his posture.

 

There was no reason to keep the seraphim secret here, was there? Strange things kept happening, so some invisible people might be one of the least surprising things to ever happen. Sorey gestured vaguely in Mikleo's direction. "You probably can't see him, but the white haired kid over there is my best friend, Mikleo!" He reached over to grab a cookie, then continued while talking a bite of the chocolatey goodness. "Hesh a sheraph, so hesh invisible to most humans."

 

"I wonder if it's wise to show all your cards like that right away?" Edna commented, eyes narrowed and lips pursed in disapproval. When did she appear? She had rounded the table and seated herself, parasol held daintily in one hand and cookies -- held out like a fan of cards -- in the other. Sorey heard her words but showed no visible reaction. He was certain that, unlike Mikleo, Edna wanted nothing to do with humans other than harass them from time to time. And knowing her, the cookies in her hand would already have turned invisible, causing the ones on the table to appear to disappear at an alarming rate.

 

"These are real good," Sorey said to Evonna, He couldn't decide whether to keep the earth seraphim in his sights or out of sight, so all he could do was act normal... Relatively. "Hey Mikleo, you should try one!"

 

"No, I'm fine--" The seraph didn't get to finish, because Sorey already tossed him one and, out of reflex, he caught it between his two hands, then slightly grimaced at the chocolate sticking to his pale hands.  "--Ah, thanks..."

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

 

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Status: Stable

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo, Edna

 

Towa calls the arrangement Chikako’s been setting up a tea party, which at least gives Tien and Fractal words for what’s going on. That’s always nice to have. Of course, then she mentions that she’s a princess ever-so-casually, which both vindicates and increases Tien’s nervousness. He’d best step carefully around her, be as respectful as he can. 

 

"My name’s Sorey! You probably can't see him, but the white haired kid over there is my best friend, Mikleo!"

 

Tien blinks, tilting his head. Can’t see him? Why shouldn’t he be able to see him? 

 

Sorey reaches over and grabs one of the cookies, answering Tien’s unspoken question with his mouth half-full. "Hesh a sheraph, so hesh invisible to most humans."

 

You know, it’s nice when Tien doesn’t actually have to ask things to get answers. Of course, that statement also raises more questions, like what Sorey called Mikleo in the first place. The word is unfamiliar to Tien, and hearing it through a full mouth doesn’t exactly help.

 

He glances briefly at Fractal. "Any idea what that is?" he asks softly.

 

Fractal rings a negative. "Perhaps like a spren?" she offers. "There are some who can hide themselves from humans in the Physical Realm, like the honorspren and inkspren." 

 

Tien nods thoughtfully. That would make sense. If that’s true, then Mikleo isn’t really a lighteyes at all. Great. That cancels out about half of the anxiety from learning Towa’s a princess. 

 

"I wonder if it's wise to show all your cards like that right away?"

 

Oh storms where did she come from? Tien startles reflexively, looking over at a girl who’d moved to the table. Young, lighteyed, pale--why are there so many pale people here--and wearing a safeglove on the wrong hand. Storms, that’s somehow worse than not wearing a glove at all. And she barely looks old enough to be wearing one, too--Tien glances away, fighting an embarrassed flush.

 

He finds his gaze landing on Mikleo, grimacing as something in the cookie stuck to his hand. Tien tilts his head curiously. He kind of wants to try one, but he’s honestly a bit too nervous to just reach out and grab one even though he knows nobody would mind. 

 

It’s alright. It’s fine. People-watching is interesting enough. Better than being out in that battle. He shivers involuntarily at the thought.

 

If nobody else can see the...not-a-spren, though, then he might honestly be Tien’s best chance at having a conversation that won’t set him on edge. Fractal is Tien’s best friend after all, and she’s kind of similar. Sort of. As near as he can figure.

 

Tien sidles over to stand next to Mikleo. "Hi," he says, waving slightly, "I don’t know why I can see you--"

 

"It’s likely the Nahel Bond," Fractal says matter-of-factly, and Tien nods in acknowledgement. He supposes if Mikleo is spren-adjacent then there’s no harm in telling him about Fractal. 

 

"Possibly-probably, yes--anyways, I can. So." He gestures at his shoulder. "I'm Tien, this is Fractal. Nice to meet you." 

Edited by Pachimew

Share this post


Link to post

Mikleo_Zesty_Idle.gif

Mikleo - Dining Hall

[speaking with Tien and Fractal] - [you can see me?]

 

Edna was probably trying to get him blamed for the disappearing cookies. He shot the blond girl a glare then took a nibble from the one Sorey gave him. He liked sweets, but it was such a childish thing to admit.

 

The tall boy, much like him, was standing aside and keeping his distance from the group. He had slipped up to Mikleo, and Mikleo took a matching step back as to avoid colliding with him -- though the seraphim could see that his movements were too deliberate for it to be coincidental. It still jolted him when Tien addressed him directly. Surprising -- unlike anyone else they met so far with the exception of the angel, this young man could see him. The rules of the multiverse were strange, but it was likely that this meant that Tien possessed high resonance, thanks to the bond that the... pattern on his cloak spoke of? He gestured to it as if it were a friend, and Mikleo nodded. They were sort of like a seraph-like creature? There were many things that humans couldn't see, and he wondered if that was the case for Fractal, as well. Maybe he'll ask Sorey to ask a human to check if they could see those shifting lines.

 

"Nice to meet you too," Mikleo replied. It was only polite. "Sorey already introduced me. I'm Mikleo, a water seraphim."

 

There wasn't much to say, though Mikleo had many things he was curious about. But the tall boy was shy -- shyer even that he used to be, as a kid -- and so Mikleo figured that it would make him more comfortable if he shared something first before asking what a Nahel Bond was. He tilted his head up and his violet eyes met Tien's for a moment before he looked away slightly. "Seraphs are kind of like the spirits and guardians of the world we're from. Humans used to worship us a long time ago, but because they no longer do it's hard for us to protect them from malevolence." He gestured towards Sorey and a fond smile appeared on his lips. "It's his dream to see the two races co-exist again, even though most of the time, he's the only one who can see us."

 

 

 

 

Png

 

Twilight Sparkle -- Gateway

[run, you idiots] - [stressed] - [misfiring magic...?]

 

Darn... Despite her warning, everyone there chose to fight instead of run, and to make matters worse, the two big robots -- Fiddlesticks and Typheus -- were attracted by the ruckus and decided to join the fray. At least they were metal and armed, so more durable than most? The tentacles though... from the sound of the impacts, they seemed as strong as steel. At this rate, someone was going to get really hurt, but no one wanted to stop and listen. Why did it always end up like this?

 

Twilight dispelled the barrier and prepared to weave another spell as quickly as she could. Those tendrils allowed the humanoid to attack in all directions and that's what made him so dangerous. What would be the easiest spell to disable him? Teleportation would just put the problem elsewhere, and it was hard to stop the motion of all of those limbs at once... But at least, if Twilight could somehow draw his attention elsewhere or disarm him through infatuation, it might provide an opening for someone's attack to go through.

 

It was hard to do magic while under a threat. She envied those battlemages who could keep their calm while they were under fire. The pony's wings propelled her into the air when one tentacle smashed into the ground where she was half a second ago, and her spell released in a flash, the pink blast phasing through the kagune and enveloping Dimitri before the glow faded away.

 

Twilight set up another barrier around herself to prepare for the onslaught that came with drawing an attacker's attention, but the dirty blond man didn't behave any different. Was he immune? She found herself unable to look away from him, and it dawned on her that perhaps, something might have gone wrong and the spell had inverted her intentions once again. She smacked a hoof to her face, and began to work on a counter-spell to disable her mistake.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

VKhgyTs.jpg

What will you do?

>>SLUG UPGRADE | MORE BUBBLE

>GUN | RUN

 

Utakata raises his eyebrow at Twilight, who seems to be staring at the intruder until she does the horse equivalent of a facepalm. Then he looks at Lara, whose face seems to heat up at the sight of the man. What kind of jutsu is this? Whatever it is, he wants to get as far away from it as possible. No feelings today, tomorrow, or the next day. Especially for someone who's supposed to be the enemy- he saw that on the battlefield once. How that was possible is still lost on him. 

 

He refuses to so much as look at the intruder, focusing on the fact that he was just stabbed. He knows it was an accident. However, something about it is already starting to grind his gears. The fact that he'd leave himself so goddamn vulnerable...

 

Saiken...

 

I hear you... I'll allow it. Just a step up.

 

That's fine. That might be all I need. 

 

Very well, then. Prepare yourself. 

 

The pain is probably the worst part of the whole thing. He does let out a shout of pain, but it's not long before the pain itself subsides. The beast's chakra creates a more significant shroud around him, and he feels much more aggressive than before. Perfect. He prepares for the man to attack, knowing full well that this chakra could be painful if the man were to touch it. 

 

And, hopefully, it'll provide sufficient protection.

 

...

 

Lara does feel her face flush after Twilight casts whatever spell that was. It doesn't take more than a few seconds for her to figure out what kind of spell it was. 

 

****.

 

It's a bloody love spell. She knew enough to know that Twilight doesn't do well under pressure, but... What the devil was she trying to..... Oh. Oh. She gets it. Still, it's about to bite them all in the ass if Twilight can't do a counter spell soon. Wow, she hadn't noticed this man had such a sharp jawline before... He's not a bad looking man, minus the disgustingly matted blonde hair... 

 

Lara Rochelle Croft, stop that nonsense right now. Focus on something else. Remember Stan. You love Stan, don't you?

 

Right. If she can remember that, she's solid. Come on, Lara, get it together. Lara remembers at that point that she's low on bullets. "Bloody hell," she swears, "I'm low on ammunition...." She aims another shot at the man, making that her last wild shot until she gets more bullets.

 

Twilight used Attract!

Dimitri used No U!

It doesn't affect Utakata…

Lara used Struggle!

 

mbTQrok.png

What will you do?
TEA | >COOKIE
GREET | RUN

 

Towa seems like the normal one here. "You made these, Evonna? They smell heavenly... Oh, you're having a tea party! I used to go to them all the time back home! Then again, as the Princess of the Hope Kingdom, a lot of other people would show up for those as well... It'll be nice to be in a small tea party for a change." Evonna shyly smiles at that. 

 

"Thanks," she says, "though they're not my best work. I feel they could've used a little less flour, but I was eager to use up everything. I was a little ashamed to have leftover ingredients." Chikako grins at her. 

 

"Don't be ridiculous. They're really good. Look, even Sorey-- What the actual hell..." Chikako's expression turns blank. Evonna looks as well as Sorey yeets a cookie into the air and it disappears. "....Is he using some sort of genjutsu to hide a person? Or is he just talking to himself? Either way, this is crazy."

 

"Sorey definitely isn't talking to himself, Tien's talking to whatever it is too. ...This whole multiverse stuff is really weird.

 

"See I wouldn't have noticed that." She looks at the scene in wonder. "But it's damn near the coolest thing I've seen so far." Evonna blinks at her, at a loss for words. She's cute, yes, but she's a bit of an oddball. Evonna grabs a cookie and takes a bite. 

 

"Anyone want tea? Asking the... Seraphim? ...Seraphim. You guys want tea too?

 

"I wanna see if the mugs disappear when they drink the tea," Chikako muses. Evonna turns to face her. She's in awe that Chikako's so curious about everything. That curiosity could get her killed, even in her home world. And yet she doesn't seem to have a care in the world. Evonna takes another bite of cookie and takes a seat. 

 

"You're ridiculous. Come take a seat, everyone.

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

 

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Status: Stable

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo, Edna

 

"Nice to meet you too. Sorey already introduced me. I'm Mikleo, a water seraphim."

 

Seraphim, that’s what the word is! Tien wonders how the water distinction manifests; in the coloring, for sure, but what else with it? A preference or attraction towards water, an instinct for sailing, an innate knowledge of purification?

 

Mikleo makes eye contact, and Tien blinks back to attention at the light eyes looking at him. Mikleo may not really be a lighteyes, but it’s too ingrained in Tien’s mind as pay-attention-to-your-superiors for him to shake it off. The seraphim glances away almost as soon as Tien’s paying attention again, which is honestly kind of a relief.

 

"Seraphs are kind of like the spirits and guardians of the world we're from," Mikleo explains. "Humans used to worship us a long time ago, but because they no longer do it's hard for us to protect them from malevolence." He gestures towards Sorey with a soft smile. "It's his dream to see the two races co-exist again, even though most of the time, he's the only one who can see us."

 

...Huh. That sounds weirdly familiar, and yet not. "That’s a nice dream," Tien says earnestly. Sounds like an impossible one, but it’s nice all the same. 

 

He should probably explain about spren in return for that explanation about seraphs. "Spren are the natural forces of our world. Er--that’s what Fractal is, a spren. Liespren, truthspren, Cryptic. A…" He trails off, waving a hand in circles, then looks at her again. "What’s that phrase?"

 

"The representation of the mathematical truths that govern the cosmere," Fractal answers promptly. "Spren are not natural forces; we are the ideas behind them."

 

"Right," Tien nods, "My bad." He still gets those mixed up sometimes. “Back home, we say that everything has a spren. Plants, animals, rocks, the wind, the rain--everything.” He hesitates for a moment, wondering if he should stop there. But that parallel between seraphs and the Knights Radiant…it’s too interesting to let pass. "Uh, a long time ago there were ten orders of spren that people could bond with in order to gain powers and protect humanity. But…" Tien hesitates again. Explaining the Desolations and the Recreance and the everything would probably take way too long and mostly go over Mikleo’s head besides. "In, in short, that doesn’t really happen anymore. The, the last ones abandoned humanity, and people are, uh, scared of that happening again."

 

Best not to mention that it is happening again. If Mikleo figures out that Tien’s bond with Fractal is that kind of bond, well, fair enough. He still doesn’t need to know the specifics of the situation on Roshar.

 

Evonna calls out from the table. "Come take a seat, everyone."

 

Tien glances over at Mikleo, deciding to wait and see if the seraphim will move before he starts forwards.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

General Grievous - Attack at the Gateway!

 

Chaos reigned on the battlefield.

Twilight, clearly possessed of reason and power, called to the others present to back off and allow their agents to handle this.

 

Feh. Does she really think I'm going to back off from an opportunity like this?

 

... Besides, this one seems more dangerous than the rest.

 

Off in the distance, he heard loud clanking of metal, and thrusters. He turned to look back, expecting a ship, but instead seeing giant humanoid robots.

 

Must be the reinforcements. I wonder if they're like me; maybe I can ask when we're through here.

 

The two robots engage the rogue human's tentacles, similarly surprised by the durability of those appendages. The General weaved around, looking for an opening.

Utakaka had become something... else. He was surrounded by an aura of power, with six appendages of his own formed by it. This was unlike any Force technique Grievous had ever seen, so he mentally classed it as 'magic'.

The smaller of the two robots (and arguably more enthusiastic) fired what seemed to be a ballistic missile, which Grievous decided to back away from. He'd seen what those could do, and his armor was only so durable.

Vaccaria followed up with some magic of his own, as did Twilight with hers. For just a moment, the General felt... A bit drowsy, as though he couldn't quite move on his own, before shaking off the feeling.

What the heck was that?

 

Then, the magic wall that barred the rogue's path fell, and he lashed out in all directions with his tentacles.

 

"Now is the time." The General said aloud to himself, as he finally seized his chance. The enemy's weakest point always follows their strongest blow, after all.

The Kaleesh channeled Vapaad. He almost felt the malice leaking through his mask as he closed the distance and reveled in his fury.

Of course, Grievous wasn't aiming to strike. He'd seen plenty enough to know this opponent could not be taken down alone. But the constant pressure would force his opponent on the defensive, allowing someone else an opening.

His hands quickly became a blur as the General seemed to strike in all directions at once. Few lightsaber duelists could boast of Vapaad mastery. Fewer enjoyed it, due to its necessary immersion in the Dark Side of the Force.

Not that General Grievous had any such problem.

Edited by Coryn02
Corrected a repeated word

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Mikleo_Zesty_Idle.gif

Mikleo - Dining Hall

[taking a seat] - [speaking with Tien and Fractal] - [spren?]

 

"That's... Too bad." These spren left, taking with them the powers they shared with the humans, not unlike many of the seraphim. Mikleo wanted to press for more information to satiate his own curiosity, but the taller boy didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it at all. Thankfully, the girl -- Evonna -- called them to assemble, just in time to break the awkward pause. Mikleo assumed he'd stay standing, as usual, but Tien's stare beckoned him to take a few steps toward the table and take one of the further seats.

 

"So spren are related to forces and ideas, interesting..." Mikleo put a hand to his chin, deep in thought. In this sense, spren were different to seraphim, as they were born and tied to concepts. Well, he himself didn't know how seraphim were born, exactly, so maybe they did suddenly spring up from natural concepts. "Does each object have a spren, then? Or are there spren governing groups and categories of things? Say, a spren for each blade of grass, or one spren governing all grasses on this part of the land?"

 

 

~~~

 

 

latest?cb=20170317034216

Sorey - Dining Hall

[hold my hand] - [tea with ev, tien, towa, chikako, lailah and mikleo] - [edna on the side]

 

"Oh, how exciting!" said Lailah. The woman manifested beside Sorey, clapped her hands together, and grinned. "A tea party with baked treats! It would be a pleasure to have some tea with these cookies."

 

"Lailah wants tea," Sorey repeated to Evonna. "I'll have a cup too but -- don't worry, I can pour it myself!" Before anyone could object, Sorey reached across the table to pour two cups of green tea, then passed one mug to Lailah. For politeness' sake, he filled a few more cups for the others present in the room (visible and invisible) in case they wanted any, before he set down the teapot.

 

After putting the mug to his lips and flinching back from the heat, Sorey put the cup down on the table to wait for it to cool. The two girls seemed to whisper to each other a lot, didn't they? Guess they were pretty good buddies. Further down the table, Mikleo seemed to have hit it off with the tall boy who could see him, somehow, and that sight made Sorey smile.

 

"Evonna," he addressed the girl sitting beside him to get her attention. "If you want to properly meet my friends, I think there's a way we can show you. Right?" The Shepherd looked to the fire seraphim, and got a nod in return. 

 

Gently, he reached over and grabbed her hand. The bare fingers of his left hand brushed her palm and she felt cold to his touch -- although Sorey was certain that he was the one who usually ran warmer. He lingered there for a moment, squeezing her hand in place, and  he closed his eyes, breathed in, holding it. The sounds of the dining room -- mostly Mikleo's conversation -- faded into the distance as he deliberately tried to ignore the sounds that threatened to shatter his focus.

 

Lailah projected her voice through the bond. "Hello? Evonna, can you hear me?"

 

 

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

mbTQrok.png

What will you do?
TEA | COOKIE
PUNCH | YEET

 

Evonna has more than two questions for Sorey. In fact, if there were a mind reader in the group, they'd be able to detect at least twenty thousand in there, many of them different versions of the same one. Sorey and Tien are having a full on conversation with the "Seraphim", and she assumes that they're talking back. Some names get thrown around- Fractal, Mikleo... It's all giving her mind fuel to churn out more and more questions about this situation- and the multiverse, for that matter. 

Right now, though, she can consolidate her thoughts into two questions.

1. What the hell are these Seraphim?

2. Is Sorey okay?

 

Seeing that cookie disappear midair really threw her off. The moving chair makes her question many things. She glances at Chikako, who watches and listens to the conversation with a childlike admiration. Evonna bitterly thinks to herself, Well at least one of us is having a swell time. I can't understand a goddamn thing that's going on here. She frowns slightly. But does she have to look so cute when she's like that? It's just not fair. Evonna wishes she had such charms. Taking a sip of her tea, Evonna quietly takes a seat next to Sorey. 

 

"Lailah wants tea," Sorey says to her,  "I'll have a cup too but -- don't worry, I can pour it myself!" Evonna nods, acknowledging that she won't have to get up for a little while. She's ready to pour herself some tea, but notices that Sorey has already poured several cups for the table.  She graciously thanks him and puts a cookie on a small plate. Glancing at Chikako again, she notes that the raven-haired girl appears to be engrossed in her cookie and happily learning more about Mikleo and Tien's conversation. Nosy girl. 

 

"Evonna," Sorey calls to her, and her focus immediately turns back to the brunette. She raises her eyebrow, wondering what he wants. He continues as soon as he has her attention, "If you want to properly meet my friends, I think there's a way we can show you. Right?" Sorey then looks in the direction of what she assumes is one of the seraphim. Nonplussed, Evonna nods. Again, the questions start racing through her mind. 

 

Sorey carefully reaches for her hand and takes it, closing his eyes in concentration. Her first instinct is to pull back and possibly slap him across the face. But perhaps she had dated Antoine for too long. So she squashes that urge and tries her best to relax and focus on something else to keep her anxiety from getting the better of her. The glove on his hand is soft, in contrast with the fingers that wrap around her hand. His skin is surprisingly warm, which perplexes her as she's normally a furnace. Is it that cold in here? She closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths. Soon enough, she hears a feminine voice. 

 

"Hello? Evonna, can you hear me?" Her eyes snap open and she blinks several times in shock- not pulling away but still terrified.

 

"TABERNAC.

 

Ailment: Evonna is confused!

Evonna is ready to hit someone!

Edited by Mikasa361

Share this post


Link to post

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Status: Stable

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah

 

Tien goes to take a seat as what must be yet another seraphim appears, clapping her hands excitedly. He notes her appearance and then tunes her out as Mikleo asks another question.

 

"Does each object have a spren, then? Or are there spren governing groups and categories of things? Say, a spren for each blade of grass, or one spren governing all grasses on this part of the land?"

 

"Weee-eell," Tien finds himself drawing out the word, partly because he’s moving now and partly because he’s rapidly backtracking through everything he’d ever learned about spren. "If you asked my mom, she’d lean more towards the first interpretation. Like, the spren of a root is a spren, but when you chop the root into pieces there’s a smaller spren inside each piece. That’s at least half-true. Everything has a spren, or something that can be convinced, otherwise you couldn’t Soulcast things, but most visible spren tend to be attracted by their concepts."

 

"For example, what you can see of Fractal isn’t her full form,” he continues, tapping her lightly. “Most spren aren’t sentient, either; the ones that are don’t usually worry about what they represent in the Physical Realm--”

 

"Anymore," Fractal buzzes softly.

 

"--Anymore, at least, because they’re more concerned with their lives in their own realm, which we call Shadesmar or the Cognitive Realm. Cryptics are scholars,” he adds with a smile. "They like people who supplement their own curiosity." He grins at Mikleo. "Like you, probably."

 

Out of the corner of his eye, Tien sees Sorey lean across the table to grab Evonna’s hand. Tien tilts his head slightly--he must have missed the part of the conversation that led up to that, because he doesn’t know why Sorey’s doing that. He’s about to dismiss it--


"TABERNAC!" Evonna shrieks, and Tien jumps hard, skittering halfway to a standing position.

Share this post


Link to post

9ff661fa0006b1d5838a32b85538c696.png

[ dimitri alexandre blaiddyd
classification: ghoul
kagune type: rinkaku
power level: ??

health: 80% ]

 

The assault on his kagune did not cease. Each and every one of the prey managed to evade serious damage despite Dimitri’s kagune much to his chagrin. Cracks formed where there kagune had smashed against the earth, but the bones of Dimitri’s prey remained intact. While Dimitri pounded upon the ground with his kagune, baring his teeth as spittle dripped down his chin, his prey seemed to make a realization. Almost all at once, they seemed they became aware that attacking his kagune was futile and if they wished to harm Dimitri in the slightest, they'd have to redirect their attacks elsewhere. Together, they turned their weapons and magic towards Dimitri himself. Dimitri was so overcome with his desire to lash out, to sink his kagune into warm flesh, that he did not become aware of the redirection of their attacks until a bullet lodged itself cleanly into his shoulder. 

 

Dimitri howled, his hand quickly clutching his shoulder in a death grip. He careened forward, barely stopping himself from falling over onto his knees. His gulped for air, breathing rapid, shaky breaths. 

 

Calm yourself, Dimitri. He could hear a familiar voice in the back of his head. He glanced up, desperate to see the warm smile he knew so well. Breath. In and out. You got this. There was nothing there. Dimitri could hear his prey speaking amongst themselves, but their words were incomprehensible to him. Where was he? Dimitri tried to calm his breathing as he scanned the area. He could see his kagune batting away the barrage of attacks from his prey, but he could not see him amongst the ranks of his foes. Was hunger making him delusional? Dimitri bit his lip hard enough for a trickle of blood to break from his skin. Was his hunger making him hear things or was the man he wanted to see above all else really nearby? Did that first human’s strange machines do something to him? He needed to think, but he was surrounded. No, he needed to do something. He needed to—

 

Something, gelatinous and blue, engulfed the tip of one of Dimitri’s kagune. Dimitri, so wound up in the sharp pain in his shoulder and his own fantasies, barely had time to react before the creature had absorbed it completely. Dimitri was snapped out of his stupor. He growled like an animal as he took a step back. He slammed a kagune against the bullets and bubbles that came towards him, and sent another lashing out against the magic attack and the man who dared to strike him with it. He turned to look at his injured kagune. The blue tendril quickly reformed, regenerating itself completely as though it had never been harmed in the first place. Did one of the enemies have a quinque that Dimitri hadn’t notice before? The thought was terrifying for only a second. Dimitri grinned devilishly. It did not matter. His hunger had driven him to fight initially, but now that he knew there was a chance, even a small one, that he might be around... well, he couldn’t take any chances. Dimitri needed to eat. He needed to think, and the prey was being difficult. 

 

“Do you really think you bullets and knives will save you?” Dimitri asked. He barked out a laugh, crazed and shrill. “You idiots! I’ll have each and every one of your heads!” As Dimitri readied himself, a pink light suddenly engulfed him. He braced himself for whatever the light inflicted him with but, oddly enough, nothing seemed to happen. Not willing to stand still another second, Dimitri sent out his kagune again, two up front to combat the spinning stranger, and the rest towards his prey lying in wait.

 

From behind Dimitri, Add, who had been readying his dynamos for an attack, found himself unable to give the command. The ghoul had suddenly become…. very appealing. The mere thought of sending his dynamos out to singe the ghoul’s immaculate, pale skin seemed like a sin. Add blinked. Immaculate? The ghoul was dirty! He looked like he hadn’t showered in five years! Why was Add’s brain so quick to give compliments to the ghoul, the very being who was trying to eat him?

 

Add facepalmed before groaning with annoyance. This was a stupid spell or some sort of emotional manipulation technology, wasn’t it? He had been so sure he wanted to kill Dimitri naught more than a minute ago and now he wanted nothing more than to hold the ghoul to his chest, bury his head in his hair, and—

 

Stars formed in his vision. Add rubbed his cheek, hoping he didn’t just give himself a bruise. That was a bad thought. A terrible thought that most certainly wasn’t something he would think of normally. Doing his best to suppress his increasingly inappropriate thoughts, Add cupped his hands over his mouth as he turned towards the only person he should be having such indecent thoughts about. 


“Hikaru! Stop trying to help the enemy do something!”

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

dd3hjow-314592c7-1003-4fb0-be90-c9ed8776

 

Temeraire Rhowa, Warrior of Light
<Status: Stable; In Battle; OH NO HIS VOICE SOUNDS HOT>
<Location: Gateway>
<Current Class: Ninja>
<Allies: Lara | Twilight | Utakata | Grievous | Rimuru | Add | Hikaru | Typheus | Fiddlesticks>
<BOSS Enemy: Dimitri>

 

~~

 

Gods. DAMMIT. She'd missed again! More narrowly this time, but still! This was starting to get irritating - her aim was usually better than this. Temeraire was fuming, and her tail reacted appropriately to her frustration by raising up, long and straight.

 

...of course, that didn't last long. Before she even had time to think about her next move, Grievous had gone to attack the enemy up close and personal. His strikes were so fast that they were a blur...

 

Okay, he's freaking me out. I hope I never piss him off. Grievous was very much intimidating, and Temeraire prayed to the Twelve that she was never on the receiving end of those weapons.

 

Temeraire was snapped out of her own thoughts once more when she heard their enemy speak. She wasn't about to lose her head on her watch - she still needed it, after all - so she moved to keep her own hide intact.

 

Still, something about his voice just sounded heavenly. She still moved every now and again to keep herself safe, but she also made no moves to attack.

 

She wanted to hear more of that voice. She didn't say so outwardly, but she wanted to hear the man speak again.

 

~~

 

dcv6upn-d1811c04-0097-440d-838e-2cd323bd

 

Towa Akagi, Princess of the Hope Kingdom
<Status: Stable; startled>
<Form: Civilian>
<Location: Dining Hall>
<People: Sorey | Evonna | Chikako | Tien>

 

~~

 

Towa listened as everyone around her spoke about their homes, about the various things that existed there. Seeing a cookie disappear in midair was a little startling, but at this point, it had to be one of Sorey's invisible friends - he called them Seraphim, and two of them even seemed to have names: Mikleo and Lailah, if she'd heard correctly. She briefly wondered if the third had a name as well - it probably did, but still...

 

Tien seemed to be conversing with one of the seraphim - which one, she couldn't tell - so he must've had the ability to see them too. Then he seemed to describe an invisible friend of his own - he called his Fractal, though, describing... her?... as Spren instead.

 

There were so many worlds with so many different things. She could tell she was in for a wild ride...

 

Of course, Towa was also startled by Evonna's sudden outburst, almost spilling her tea (but managing not to). "...a-are you all right, Evonna? You look as if you've seen a ghost..."

Edited by hikarinomemori
what are tenses

Share this post


Link to post

VKhgyTs.png

What will you do?

>>>>>>>>>>>>SLUG UPGRADE | MORE BUBBLE

>FREAK | RUN

 

His eyes snap as open as they can get when he sees the deranged man slam all his bubbles and Lara’s bullets with a swoop of a weird tentacle. Scratch that, a single bullet from Lara's gun manages to  Maybe it’s the aggressive nature of Saiken’s version 1 mode. Or maybe it’s the fact that he sent- what, three waves of explosive bubbles at this prick? And NONE of them did any damage? He has the audacity to taunt them all, with the highest pitch laugh he'd ever heard from a man. It'd scare him if he weren't already completely and utterly pissed off. 

 

“Do you really think you bullets and knives will save you? You idiots! I’ll have each and every one of your heads!” Idiot? Idiot? Did he just say what Utakata thought he said? That taunt is the last thing Utakata is going to tolerate today. But in this form, what can he do? Sure, it can heal his wounds, it can give him a boost, but at this range?

 

This won't do.

 

Utakata can feel a wave of rage rushing through his body. For a second, he thinks that anger will hide the physical pain of what's about to come. "Like. Hell. You. Will." His voice may be louder than usual, but at this point everything is already loud. Everything is chaotic. His voice is just another piece of nonsense in the sea of insanity going on at the gateway. He refuses to let this man take away the life that this sudden change in scenery just managed to save. Like hell this man is going to kill him. Like hell this man is going to harm a hair on anyone's heads.

 

Hell.

No.

 

He feels a rush of pain, as if every skin cell on his person is on fire. Failing to suppress a yelp, soon enough it doesn't matter anyway. 

 

...

 

Lara backs up twenty steps when she sees the aura around Utakata completely engulf his body, to the point where he becomes almost unrecognizable. 

 

The form she sees in front of her is something she has never seen before, not even in the different missions she had been on during her time in the X-Dreamers. What on God's green earth, she thinks to herself. But she manages to keep her composure and take a good look at what she's seeing. The only thing that reminds her that it's Utakata is the silhouette of his hairstyle, but otherwise, she blinks. The red and black form appears to have six tails, and it doesn't appear to be wearing some sort of clothing. Where the hell did that loose kimono go? As confused as she is, she finds herself oddly intimidated by it. 

 

The beast lets out a feral wail, making his tails lash out just a tad. This causes Lara to take one more step back, she keeps her grip on her gun nice and firm, refusing to let go of it. It appears that Utakata lost some of his control, but he doesn't appear to go for any of the other team members. She thanks her lucky stars when he appears to just rush forward, ignoring everyone else in the vicinity and attempting to come at the man. 

 

He seems to disregard that after Fiddlesticks' missile that the grass is on fire. He disregards everything and everyone around him and attempts to lash at the man. She aims another shot at the man's body, hoping that it hits. She also, deep down, hopes with everything she has that Utakata doesn't get hurt.

 

Six-Tails: Unleashed!

Share this post


Link to post

Rimuru Tempest - Trying to be badass

 

Rimuru nodded at the kimono’d man’s response and reaffirmed his grip on the newly made sword.

He darted passed the taller man; the pink barrier that had been shielding them had evaporated away and charged at the tentacled non-human. One of the tentacles pierced through the air towards him, Rimuru dodged by rapidly returning to his true form, and then transforming back to the side.

He wasn’t the only one who had charged in; the white insectoid had produced twin photon swords and was skilfully parrying the extremely durable tentacles.

 

“How are they so strong that even photon blades can hurt them!?” Rimuru thought, aghast.

 

“Well if that’s the case maybe the only thing that can hurt it really is itself!” His train of thoughts continued. Changing his stance, he moved his sword below his waste; gripping it with both hands. Ducking under the next tentacle Rimuru shifted right and sliced upwards, emitting a spark of electricity to activate the blade.

The effect was even better than Rimuru had hoped. The blade extended once again, as it had when Rimuru accidentally stabbed yukata-man, and following the arc, cleanly sliced up and through the tentacle. Rimuru paused in his step to admire his work, the blade returning to its original size. He was caught off guard though, when a powerful explosion detonated just ahead of him. Rimuru didn’t have time to defend himself as the blast catapulted him upwards into the air, if he were still human, he would have been eviscerated by the heat alone.

 

As he spun through the air, Rimuru grew out his pair of bat wings to stabilise himself, but in his haste his sword had flown out of his hand. As it careened back down to the ground Rimuru shot out a sticky thread to catch it, but the thread missed and Rimuru lost site of the blade.

Rimuru clicked his tongue in annoyance and looked down, unfortunately the explosion hadn’t seemed to have done anything, save disrupting more earth and singing the dirt.

 

“Ah! Oh no! I’ve lost the sword. If an explosion like that didn’t work on him, will my magic even have an effect!?” He asked himself, angrily clutching his head in anger at his own incompetence.


“If sensei were to know that I dropped my blade he’d never forgive me!” He cried out in anguish.

Share this post


Link to post

   ((Before anyone asks for the six-hundredth time, yes, the missile has gone off. It went off when Dimitri countered it (which just made it detonate early, as I showed with the image on Discord), which would be Doc's most recent post before this one.))

 

   Typheus had flown way out of range of the blast zone. He heard it go off - the massive boom, the shower of earth and dust that the force had kicked up, the surprised yelps - but not much else; then he was clocked in the wing by something big. Expecting the impact to be debris, he over-corrected his balance to try and dodge it only for something to land in his outstretched claws.

   Human?? All he caught was a mass of blue with some white and yellow on it. It flopped like a living thing, clearly unconscious and smoldering a bit. Suspicious of what that might mean, he killed his speed and spun around, ready to deflect any tentacles chasing him, yet there wasn't one; apparently those things still had size limits like everything else and the ones in pursuit had shrunken back to help their owner.

   Lowering his altitude to a safe distance to place the human onto the ground first (not questioning the... tights?), Typheus darted back, returning to the scene of the battle. The grass that hadn't been on fire wasn't spared now, and the soot of what had been grass was now scorched white and black. A small, slightly-sunken epicenter of what is best described as melting earth sat just feet from the aggressive human; it looked like the tentacles that had been chasing the mechs had shrunken back to shield against the blast of force and heat. Frustratingly, that meant the missile literally did nothing to him. Fiddlesticks was appropriately fifteen to twenty feet from where she had been standing, not picking herself up immediately. Her face and front glowed as brightly as her extremely-annoyed red eye. He had only seen that once, where she had to break up a standoff between the two of them and a number of Superiority models; being half-molten (again) was not a great situation for her.

   Oh, Fidds... he mentally sighed. A quick couple of glances showed that everyone else wasn't much better off: the much lighter combatants had traveled a good distance, possibly okay, but no one appeared dead. That was good at least. Surely there were some burns, but it was nothing that this fancy multiverse base couldn't fix, right? That bird-masked lady seemed to know exactly what to do with Yusei, and Duke didn't have tetanus, somehow. Massive burns should be nothing.

   He practically laughed aloud at the thought. What a casual way to think of an explosion in your face.

 

   Despite the temporary interruption, it just seemed to make the tentacled man angrier, which resumed the fighting as before. One of the other men behind Twilight pulled a similar look, glowing and sprouting tails as well. Typheus hovered and glared for a couple of seconds just to make sure he wasn't going to pull anything funny, but rather than that, the man decided to charge over the searing earth toward the tentacle human. Initially thinking of how stupid that was, the Superiority model told himself that at least he'll distract his target and keep those tentacles away from Fidds. Another glance at her confirmed that she was still holding very, very still, waiting for her hull to cool down, so he landed next to her, one knee on the ground so he was less conspicuous yet still ready to fend off any tentacles that came their way. He watched the battle for a bit, the dying sizzle of the grass quickly drowned out by the sounds of combat. Studying the movements of the tentacles, he noticed that the human controlling them used them as shields twice, and they were tough, yet they moved fast and seemed to easily change momentum; they were more trying to pierce their assailants than swinging or hitting them. Maybe they were very light?

   If they're light, and I can move fast enough... I can't prove I can move fast enough if I had simply moved out of range... thrashing might work... He pondered the sudden idea, which was the sort of brash, reckless thing Fiddlesticks would do without thinking, but hey, maybe all it needed was some thought and it'll be enough to work.

   Typheus stood back up, keeping his wings flared, and waited for a good opening. Right when the blonde is distracted... there!

 

   The mech burst into a run, kicked on his thrusters and shot forward, claws wide and aimed for the human. He initially had the element of surprise, but missed by a margin of a few inches when a tentacle interrupted the path ahead and he was forced to fly to the side; at worst he singed a few hairs on the way past from having to push thruster fire that way. He uttered his curse silently, now knowing that the tentacle-human will see him coming. He let his momentum carry him out of range, spun around, and shot back toward the human, but now a tentacle was ready and swiftly knocked him down into the ground. The impact dazed the machine, but he picked himself back up anyway and tried to dodge the tentacle; nope! It hit him again and this time he let out an audible snarl as it sent him tumbling back along the ground. Thoroughly annoyed, Typheus tried to dodge it for the third time, this time distancing himself from the fight so he was out of reach and had plenty of time to calculate how to do this. The tentacle wavered just ten feet in front of him, almost like it had its own mind, waiting for him to move again.

   What is it humans say? 'Third time's the charm'? He looked at all of the empty space above the tentacle: plenty of maneuvering room for both of them, but it meant he'd have to pull the tallest, shortest dive he could in order to get the human. Let's see if it's true.

   He launched off, the tentacle quickly reengaging with him. He ignored it, focused more on his target. In retrospect, he would have been able to grab the human just fine had he not relied on him being so distracted. Maybe it was the fact that Typheus' flying was too loud and obvious, or maybe the tentacles did expand the human's senses, but either way the mech's swipe wasn't as successful as he hoped; at the same time, he wasn't sure how successful it had been. All he knew is he hit something, he wasn't holding something afterward, and he was spinning through space and half of him was stiff. It was only after he flew forward at full speed for a couple seconds did he feel something slip from under his right side and his thoughts came through a bit less garbled.

   The first thing he noticed as the bright red notification about hull damage in multiple areas, the most alarming on being the area the stiffness slipped from, which was just next to his computer. Alarmed, Typheus switched to sporadic flight, trying to dislodge whatever weighed down his right side, but it was stubborn. He then tried to look at the rest of him, but he couldn't twist or pivot anywhere. It was like he was skewered through, from ankle to wrist, with two wings caught - blast it all, it was a tentacle, wasn't it?! One probably tried to spear him but only caught half his body and was now stuck there. He had to get out of range!

   Immediately the mech diverted course toward the sky, going straight for the stratosphere. Once this gnarly thing was pulled away from him, he would have to try a different tactic.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

`Mikleo_Zesty_Idle.gif

Mikleo - Dining Hall

[Tea and Biscuits] - [Sorey is doing The Thing]

 

 

"Like me," Mikleo echoed. He put to fingers to his lips and looked down at the table, absently focusing on the wood grain. The Cryptics were scholars, too, but from how Tien phrased it, it sounded like they were like that by nature. He himself was curious, but sometimes he wondered if it was nature, or if it was thanks to Sorey that they both had such a passion for history?

 

And about sentient spren and non-sentient spren... Seraphim were, for the most part, sentient -- but if the definition were expanded to other spiritual creatures, then the concept of a world invisible to humans did seem quite common. Why was that? "I think seraphim too are content to live in their own realm, now... Although they tend to be solitary, with my village being an exception..."

 

His voice trailed into a mutter, but before he could hear Tien reply, a shout came from across the table. Mikleo jolted and his attention snapped to the source of the outburst, where Sorey held hands with the caramel haired girl. The seraph relaxed his shoulders when he noticed there was no need for alarm.

 

He glanced at Tien, who was jumpy enough to nearly leave his seat at the event. How come he was so easily spooked? "Oh. He's just doing the thing where he lets people hear seraphs." Mikleo shook his head and ran a few exasperated fingers through his hair, brushing at the circlet hidden within his bangs. With overzealous Lailah and troublesome Edna, this was bound to be a total disaster. 

 

While reaching for a cookie, his eyes drifted to the mugs of steaming hot tea. Well, if Sorey wanted their presence known...

 

~~

 

latest?cb=20170317034216

Sorey - Dining Hall

[sorry, sorry!] - [tea with ev, tien, towa, chikako, lailahmikleo, edna]

 

Sorey didn't quite expect Evonna's reaction to be quite so loud. Eyes still shut, he winced at the curse and his focus wavered. His brow scrunched and his lips pulled back into an nervous grin -- maybe this wasn't the best way to introduce his friends after all? It was easy for Alisha to believe him because she wholeheartedly believed in Seraphim in the first place, despite her nonexistent resonance.

 

"It's alright, Evonna! I take that as I sign that you can hear us. Wonderful!" Having gotten up and moved to stand behind the two, Lailah nodded to herself in satisfaction. Sorey's abilities were developing quite well. He barely needed to hold his breath anymore, but just a little more and perhaps Evonna could see them, too. Excited, she clasped both her hands around Sorey and Evonna's to let the girl know where she was. 

 

"Cause we are ghosts," Edna added with a smirk in reply to Scarlet, even though the only humans who could really hear her were Sorey, Tien, and Evonna. "We're here for revenge..." Placing the heel of her boot on the edge of the table, she leaned back in her chair and balanced it precariously on two legs. "OoooooOOOoooOOoooo... "

 

She and Mikleo made eye contact and the younger seraph held back a laugh that sounded like a snort. Taking the cue, he reached across the table. He touched the porcelain of one of the mugs of tea and in the span of an instant the liquid went from piping hot to frozen slush. Cracks of frost formed over the surface of the table and the icy aura even froze the other cups, dropping the air's temperature a couple degrees.

 

Sorey wanted to say cut it out, guys, but resigned to continue his job as a spirit medium. 

 

 

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Share this post


Link to post

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah

 

"Oh," Mikleo says, "He's just doing the thing where he lets people hear seraphs."

 

Ah. So Evonna was just startled by Lailah’s voice. She wasn’t screaming because of a threat. Tien isn’t going to be attacked by something else. He doesn’t have to run. He’s fine. He’s safe. It’s fine. 

 

Tien sits back down carefully, panicked heartbeat slowing back to normal. Lailah is wrapping her hands around Evonna’s. She’s not covering her safehand either. Tien looks away quickly, feeling his cheeks heat up with embarrassment. 

 

The smallest seraph--Tien didn’t pick up her name--cracks a joke that makes Mikleo stifle a laugh. The corners of his eyes crinkle, and Tien’s mind involunatarily pulls up the image of Mikleo putting his fingers to his lips a few moments ago, and now the flush in Tien’s face is for an entirely different reason.

 

Oh, that is the absolute last storming thing he needs right now.

 

Fortunately, Mikleo’s display of powers is enough to distract Tien from his appearance and focus more on his abilities.

 

Temperature control? That’s not a Surge I know of...wait, right, different world. So that’s part of the water distinction...I wonder if it applies the other way, to heating things up? And if we were in a humid spot, could he--

 

"OoooooOOOoooOOoooo…"


...And that’s Fractal, who’s slid into the center of the table and has apparently decided to get in on the whole messing-with-people thing. Tien hides his grin behind a hand at the reaction Fractal provokes when she mimics the seraph’s drawl. Now there’s something they could use…

Share this post


Link to post

mbTQrok.png

What will you do?
TEA | COOKIE
PUNCH | >>YEET

 

"...A-are you all right, Evonna? You look as if you've seen a ghost..."

 

Evonna wants to scream "HELL NO", but the words catch in her throat. Instead what exits her vocal cords is a small squeak. She looks around the room to see if anyone else can hear her, but either they don't know what's happening or they think this is all normal. She'd never been fond of the idea of ghosts, as a kid she always thought the ghosts of her birth parents were haunting her because she was with a different family. So to say that the idea of touching this boy's hand and seeing ghosts terrifies her is a complete understatement. 

 

Chikako is laughing her little ass off. Good to know someone finds this crap funny, she bitterly thinks to herself. Evonna can feel her pulse pounding in her ears. None of this, absolutely none of this is normal. She has brief thoughts going back to her childhood, where she would run to her parents' room griping about ghosts. Where Jehan would have to share his nightlight for a week because Evonna was just too scared to sleep without turning the bedroom light on. 

 

"It's alright, Evonna! I take that as I sign that you can hear us. Wonderful!" The voice she heard initially is almost comforting. But the next voice she hears? Not so much. 

 

"Cause we are ghosts. We're here for revenge...OoooooOOOoooOOoooo... " In response Evonna utters a whine of fear. Chikako is laughing much harder than before. The room feels suddenly colder, as if someone had brought in a weather spirit or something even more sinister. But the kicker was the repeated moan from Tien's direction. Evonna lets out an unholy scream, grabs one of the cold cups and throws it out the window. She immediately clings to Sorey, burying her face in his shoulder and refusing to look up. She says rather incoherent things in French, completely shaken up by the whole ordeal. 

 

"Evonna, you two just met," Chikako teases. Then Evonna hears her sigh. "You alright?" Evonna lets out a low whine in response. "...Welp. I guess you'll get used to it eventually, but...

 

Evonna doesn't think she'll be able to sleep for the next week. 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Lightpon ~ Stealing's not bad if you return it!

So the purple-green impostor man just looked up and helpfully informed her that all these rooms were empty. Great! Great!....

Of course, there's still the problem of actually finding a room. Beckoning to her buddies, she carefully tiptoed around the imposter-man and his pile of woodshavings, then opened the closest door beside her.

 

Plain white sheets, plain white curtains, a desk, a chair, and a wardrobe. No shelves!?Light pressed her lips to a pout. And no windows in here either. "Next!” she announced out loud, marching to the next white-wooded door. Behind her, Louise and Kurata exchanged a few whispered words, looking at her with the same sort of expression one would use for someone who just announced they were bringing a shipment of meat through tyrannosaurus territory. Unaware of this, Light looked into the second door to see.... Pretty much the same set-up in this room as the one she left. Geez.... Huh, wait, maybe the wardrobes would have shelves? Then I can only worry about a window. 

Unfortunately, the wardrobe only had a wood bar in it. Light pursed her lips, then left the room, heading to one across the hall. Maybe I'll have better luck there?

... And unfortunately again, this one didn't have a window either. Light sighed, stepping back out and looking down the corridor. She really didn't want to talk to the impostor-man any more than she had to, there was something eerie about him and what she could only call his eyes. 

 

So instead, she looked back at and opened the door in front of her, face splitting into a grin as light streamed in through a window across from her. No shelves in this one either, though. At least she knew to keep to this wall of doors! 

Mood lifted slightly, she started opening doors along that wall to check for shelves--one of which she closed quietly upon seeing a room full of stuff and a person wearing some sort of contraption on their head while peering at a screen. Woah, he looks like he's doing something really important. Better not bother him... But geez, how many rooms do I have to check?

As Light made her way down the doors, Louise and Kurata stayed behind and exchanged muttered words--and in the former's case, rolled eyes--before following Light down the hallway.

 

Eventually, she opened a door to see a grand bookshelf occupying part of the wall. Face-splitting grin back on, Light spun around and loudly announced to her summons "I found one! You can all drop the stuff in here!"

 

Edited by Pyrowings

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

YVw4yEZ.gif

Stan - Infirmary

[she's awake!] - [time to explain the usual]

 

The girl had finally awoken. No signs of any problems -- just the usual disorientation from waking up in an unfamiliar place.


Welcome to the Gateway to the Starry Skies, honey. You’re even prettier when you’re awake.” Stan gave her a wink and a cheeky little smile, ignoring Raine’s incredulous stare. The half-elf had almost forgotten that Stan greeted every woman with a pick-up line — although this time, she thought she could feel a subtle strain behind his words. It appeared that she wasn’t the only one relieved at their success.

 

We’re in the infirmary, to be exact,” Stan continued. “Comparing your wounds to the story of what happened at the rocks, it’s likely that you sustained massive blast damage before getting teleported to our world.” The man glanced toward Hibiki. “Unless, there’s more to the story of what’s going on out there at the gate itself. Which, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

 

(Yeah, and if there was another Nata out there right now causing blast damage at the gateway, Nata 1.0 was on the way and could easily set them straight with a few explosive punches to the gut. Stan didn’t even want to waste a single brain cell worrying about it.)

 

Where’s the young man?” Raine interjected. “That beast from earlier, too.

 

Good idea, Raine!” He grinned, and would have given her a friendly -- if not condescending -- pat on the back, if she weren’t on the other side of the room. “We should get that guy back here so we won’t have to explain the multi-worlds-in-peril thing twice.” From what he knew about his fellow agent, she was probably trying to wrangle them up so they wouldn’t cause havoc in the base, but also, Stan didn’t care. Let them do what they wanted. 

 

Raine shook her head. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, the healer rose from her chair and leaned on her staff for support. Once she shook the fatigue out of her limbs, she made her way to the door at a more normal pace. Stan would do a half-hearted job of looking, which meant that if she wanted it done right, she would have to do it personally.

 

"Well, in the meantime, how are you feeling?" Stan asked the white-haired girl, pulling his attention away from the silver-haired woman.

 

`Mikleo_Zesty_Idle.gif

Mikleo - Dining Hall

[Tea and Biscuits] - [Ghost Prank]

 

The water seraph knew that their combined efforts would be more than enough to unsettle the girl, though maybe Edna overdid it a little. He didn't expect the human to grab one of the frozen cups of tea and throw it at the window, where it bounced off the glass and dropped to the floor. While he was having second thoughts, Edna herself seemed to be enjoying the trouble immensely, grinning at Evonna's overreaction and the puzzled and worried expressions of the other two girls. 

 

Lailah just put her hands together in disapproval, her lips drawing into a straight, concerned line. 

 

Sorey winced from the scream fired at point-blank range, shattering his focus and shared resonance. He snapped his eyes open just as Evonna lunged for him and buried her face into his cloak. Unsure over what to do now, the shepherd awkwardly wrapped his arms around her and pat her on the back to try and calm her fearful mutterings.

 

"Come on guys, quit causing trouble for her," Sorey sighed, speaking through a cloud of caramel colored hair. "Sorry... It's alright, Evonna. They're not going to hurt you. They're nice people, really."

 

Mikleo gave a shrug, trying to chase away his guilt. Darn that earth seraph's bad influence, causing him to play along. During the prank however, he noticed that the humans here -- other than Tien -- didn't respond to the seraphim, but they did turn their heads when it was Fractal's turn. The snowflake-like spirit mimicked Edna perfectly, as if she were using an arte to echo the sound. They could all see and hear her, then...

 

"So, Fractal can repeat what we're saying to the others," Mikleo thought out loud. "It's not that different compared to having you or Sorey relay our words, but it does let people hear our original voices. Interesting."

 

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

General Grievous - Disproportionately Slighted and Enraged

 

“Do you really think you bullets and knives will save you? You idiots! I’ll have each and every one of your heads!” The General ignored this sentence. Honestly pathetic, like something a spoiled prince would say.

The enemy reacted as expected; with elevated force. Two of the tentacle-appendages lashed out at the General, who rolled forwards as they both impacted the ground where he stood.

 

For just a moment, he noted Utakata's strange transformation.

 

I might want to ask how that's done later. Seems useful.

Then, the world was blanketed in fire. Grievous' metal shell kept him safe, with neither the heat nor the shrapnel doing him any harm.

He looked back to see where it had come from, and noticed something red floating away in cinders.

The tattered remains of his cape.

They... They destroyed my cape... I shall not suffer this insubordination any longer!

 

He swiftly climbed along one of the tentacles as it drew itself back towards its wielder, and the General used the momentum along with his own powerful actuators to leap forward at a great speed towards his target.

While he landed, his second pair of arms grabbed and activated two more lightsabers, preparing to strike from every side.

"Defend yourself, or be cut down!" Grievous exclaimed, as he rapidly spun all of his lightsabers in an effort to intimidate and throw the blond-haired aggressor off-guard.

Edited by Coryn02

Share this post


Link to post

 

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

Location: Base Dining Hall

People: Evonna, Chikako, Sorey, Towa, Mikleo, Edna, Lailah

 

Tien feels a twinge of guilt as Evonna clings to Sorey, clearly terrified. He knows what that kind of fear feels like, and it’s not funny once it starts being genuinely scary. 

 

He raps a hand lightly where Fractal rests on the table as a warning, and she slides onto his hand and up his arm. They probably should have kept to themselves, kept it secret, but it’s rather too late now. And nobody knows about the Radiants, what all this means, and they’re already sharing powers, and--

 

And maybe he’s reading too much into it, but he swears there’s a tone of wistfulness in Mikleo’s voice as he muses on Fractal’s abilities.

 

Tien checks his money pouch to see how much Stormlight he has. A fairly decent amount; the last highstorm wasn’t very long ago, and the glow in his spheres is strong. Plenty for a little bit of indulgence.

 

So Tien smiles at Mikleo and says, "I think I can do a little more than that." He stands from his chair to get a better angle of everyone. He looks at each seraph in turn, eyes widening slightly as he Memorizes them, and takes a sharp breath to bring in Stormlight. A soft glow starts to rise from his skin, but it’s not there for more than a moment before he breathes out, releasing a pearlescent mist of Light.

 

Tien Lightweaves the seraphim. Subtle work, a single thin layer; he’s only showing what’s already there. He doesn’t need to gesture with his hands to make the illusion work, but he does anyways, subtle gestures and twitching fingers. 

 

The Light settles over the three of them. 

 

Tien immediately starts feeling nervous, wondering if that was a mistake. If he should have asked, maybe clarified what he wanted to do, or even still kept it secret.

 

Too late now. He’ll have to deal. He taps his forearm, where Fractal hums. "You mind transcribing?"

 

Fractal hums. "That is fine."

Edited by Pachimew

Share this post


Link to post

9ff661fa0006b1d5838a32b85538c696.png

[ dimitri alexandre blaiddyd
classification: ghoul
kagune type: rinkaku
power level: ??

health: 50% ]

 

The bomb proved to be more troublesome than Dimitri had originally thought. He had assumed that crushing the missile and shielding himself with his kagune would be enough to effectively deal with the incoming explosion, but he hadn’t anticipated how the prey would take advantage of the situation. Even within the confines of his shield, Dimitri had felt the heat emitting from the explosion seep in through the cracks of his shield. He grit his teeth, that was too close, but he would not falter. Not ever. He lashed out once more, his kagune lashing out against earth and flesh. 

 

Pain shot through one of his kagune. Dimitri’s eyes widened. He cried aloud, pulling the injured kagune back towards him, taking care to move his other kagune away from where the injury was inflicted. He quickly glanced over his kagune, letting out a low growl. The tip of the kagune had been cut cleanly off. Black strings of flesh grew from what remained of his kagune, binding themselves together as they rapidly reformed what was lost. So the enemy did have a quinque after all. Dimitri frowned, rage beginning to boil deep in his core. The enemy was getting on his nerves. He could feel the maggots writhing against his tentacles still, and yet kagune didn’t seem to be tearing his enemies apart as easily as they should have. Why was that? Dimitri’s growl turned completely feral as though he were a wild animal. This was pathetic, he needed to do better. He was going to kill them, every last one of them—!

 

Amidst the smoke created in the wake of the explosion, a silhouette began to approach Dimitri at a rapid pace. His mind clouded by his building fury, Dimitri lashed out towards the silhouette but it was coming far too fast. It had already broke through a weak point in defense, and his kagune wasn’t going to make it in time to—

 

Something sharp embedded itself into Dimitri’s shoulder. He snarled aloud, glaring daggers at the robot that had swiped something into him. With the robot so close, it took little time for Dimitri to slam a tentacle against it, sending it flying away. Instinctively, Dimitri’s hand clasped his shoulder but he let it go with a hiss of pain. Wet blood matted his palm and stained the torn cloth of his shirt. Dimitri clenched his teeth hard, grinding them together as his shoulder throbbed with pain. He could hear the satisfying crack of metal as one of the kagune spearing itself through the robot, but that did little to temper his anger. His enemies—that utter filth—managed to cut his shoulder open. He could practically see his teacher staring down at him with disappointment in his eyes. He couldn’t bear the thought of his dear teacher looking at his pitiful display. He couldn’t live with that. Not ever.

 

“Enough!” 

 

Dimitri slammed his kagune into the ground, the earth cracking underneath their weight. 

“I’ve had enough with this pathetic little game,” Dimitri said in a low voice. “I should have known better than to play with my food. You are more… persistent than expected, but this ends now.” From the kakuhou in his back, a black writhing mass began to protrude. A bulge pressed against the skin on Dimitri’s back. He dropped down to his knees, groaning aloud as the thin black threads began piercing through his skin and wiggling in the air like worms. His hands dug into the ground, clawing up grass and dirt. The bulge suddenly burst, eliciting a high-pitched scream from Dimitri. The black threads engulfed Dimitri’s being. The fleshy mass pulsated lively. The flesh began to expand, growing out in every direction. As the flesh grew, it began to transform. The flesh on Dimitri’s back hardened into scales with thick spikes protruding between the cracks. Dimitri’s limbs grew longer, becoming sinewy as his fingers curved into long, sharp claws. A hideous growl emitted from Dimitri’s newly formed muzzle. A large, pointed tail smashed into the ground as Dimitri pulled himself off the ground. His face had been consumed completely by the scales that overtook his back. On his head were several dark, open holes and within one of them was a bright, red eye. 

 

“You should have known better than to drag me here with you,” Dimitri said, his voice far deeper and distorted by some strange infliction. With one kagune, he attempted to bat away the strange metal man who was flinging glowing swords at him. With another, he wound it around the man who began glowing red and black. He pulled the man towards him, tightening his grasp around his body. He brought the man close to his head. He watched the man squirm in his grasp, grinned at him with the mouth that extended down into his neck, and squeezed. “Before I am finished with you all, I’ll show you the true meaning of pain,” Dimitri sneered. “Then, years from now, I shall see you all in the eternal flames!”  

 

He reared his head back, an inhuman shriek filled the air. He flashed his crooked teeth at his prey. He raised one massive hands, claws extended out as he prepared to swipe at the man in front of him. Suddenly, in the air several meters above Dimitri’s head, an armored man in horse materialized in the air. Dimitri, sensing the presence above him, had just enough time to glance up before both the horse and its rider crashed right on top of his head. DImitri’s howl of pain was cut off abruptly as the horse slammed his head straight into the ground. Dimitri’s kagune loosened their grip on their victims before flopping to the ground along with Dimitri. He let out a low groan as the horse casually stood up as thought it hadn’t just crash landed right on top of a monster. Dimitri attempted to lift his head but ultimately laid it back on the ground and grew still, taking soft, shallow breaths.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.