TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

245-2458992_mario-galaxy-star-mushroom-super-mario-galaxy-blue.png

The Lumas -- Gateway to the Starry Skies

[a friend!!!!]

Upon hearing Ace's starlike tone of voice, a few of the Lumas spun around in place, sparkling with magic. "We're Lumas," said the blue one, "and we've been asked by Mama Rosalina to take care of this special planet."

"And we're here to help the ecks... eckdrrs..."

"The XDRS," Twilight helped finish. "The eXtra-Dimensional Restoration Squad!"

"The ex-dreamers!"

"These Lumas have been an excellent help to our organization ever since we set our base here," Twilight continued explaining. "They're not very good fighters so we try to keep them safe, and they're excellent company. It's the first time I've seen them take a liking someone so quickly, though..."

"Zaza," the orange one finally concluded, speaking for the first time. The name got passed around, and soon all five of the Lumas were chanting it.

"Zaza, there's Lumas aaaall across the galaxy!"

"And maybe in other dimensions too!

Edited by TehUltimateMage

1058490058_Zagreus(2).png.7b3c4a993bf468e8a54c6d95ec3e380d.png

ctLpCTk.png?13wdQ44i.png?1G6M2HiL.png?15b8LIfm.gif

Zagreus

Allies: Caspian, Jin, Ace, Parker

Weapon: Exagryph, the Adamant Rail

The next few moments are a frantic dance of violence, intoxicating in their familiarity. He manages to drive a few bullets into the woman when the opportunity arises, but he struggles to do much more than dodge the woman’s attacks. He can’t afford to die again so soon. 

While Zagreus fights to distract the demon and stay alive, the fire man and the red-haired man manage to free the pink-haired man (he really needs names for all of these people) from the overly-large clutches of the woman. Perhaps the bomb wasn’t completely necessary- 

It goes off, blasting bright splashes of wine into everyone within the bomb’s range -- the woman, the fire man, another boy, and Zagreus himself. He doesn’t flinch or blink, even as his body is launched up and away from the ground. 

That’s… not normal. 

The blast leaves him winded, with a pounding headache, and with the overwhelming scent of wine in his nose, but he expected that. What he didn’t expect was to be somehow launched free of gravity’s pull.

Exagryph glows golden before condensing into nothing, freeing Zagreus’ hands to flail uselessly. The weightlessness almost feels like swimming, but there’s no resistance, nothing to push against, no solid earth for his feet to stand on. He never expected to just fall off the world upon reaching the surface. Surely this wasn’t something mortals had to deal with? Achilles and Orpheus had never mentioned such things. 

For a moment, something that could almost be considered panic flashes through him, but the fight isn’t over and he won’t let a little thing like not being able to move stop him. The woman is in the air with him, still screaming in rage and clutching her head as blood and wine drip from her skin. Exagryph reappears in his hands and Zagreus fires, taking advantage of the woman’s distraction. With nothing to brace against, firing pushes Zagreus backwards and away from the woman. At least he has some method of transportation. 

bloodstones: 1

death defiances: 1

dcv6upc-a37902a1-eb3b-4105-bb32-c554745c

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy
<Status: Stable>
<Location: XDRS Base - Gateway>

Tsuki, the Beast That Calls the Moon
<Location: XDRS Base - Gateway>

<People: Twilight | Sorey | Parker | Ace | Jin | Caspian | Zagreus | multiple Lumas | sweet Arceus what IS that thing-->

~~

Everything seemed to happen so fast it was almost a blur. Another fight broke out, and soon Tsuki was protectively curling around her Trainer. Good thing one of the newcomers decided he'd wanted nothing to do with that fight...

Poor Ray wasn't sure she wanted to do the whole "save the multiverse" thing anymore. Sure, the sound of being known throughout numerous worlds was amazing, but... it didn't sound like it was worth the risk anymore. At this point, she just wanted to go back into Ultra Space, beat Necrozma, save Nebby, and go home... but no, she could at least finish what she'd started and help Twilight first. "Tsuki, please, I... I think I'll be fine." The Lunala hesitantly uncurled from around Ray, and she approached Twilight. "With all due respect, Twi, maybe we should get going? Them stars ain't gonna explore themselves, y'know..."

Tsuki turned as she thought she'd heard something. Maybe it was her imagination...

Did I just hear a song in the distance...? Among the stars, perhaps...?

Edited by hikarinomemori

mUkUxWe.png

[P. Evan Mizushima - Gateway]

It appears I can't catch a break today.

Caspian calls his other tigers back, and Parker sighs in dismay. They'd been good friends, he wishes he could pet them for longer. Ah well, he supposes that there's a fight going on, even though it seems that fight is being taken care of. What the hell is he going to do if Caspian says her the demon's head needs to come off and all he has is a gun? Unless he's in close range, he can't do anything more than try to get a headshot. 

And in the chaos of the situation, it'd be risky for him to try. 

Though it seems that whatever god up there wants to mess with him today, because the Greek looking man had set off some sort of a bomb. The strong scent of wine fills his sinuses as he finds himself and a few others being blasted from the ground. Parker closes his eyes, the sudden jolt and the speed in which he's launched cause his stomach to lurch. As much as he likes a good rollercoaster, he'd never liked those rides that launched him suddenly in the air and threw him back down towards the ground- they always made him nauseous. 

He finds himself suddenly weightless. His stomach hurts- but he doesn't want to empty the contents of it either. If he's weightless, that means---

Parker opens his eyes. WHAT-- He's in.... Space?

A feeling of panic settles in his chest- forgetting to breathe for a few seconds. What about air? He can't breathe without---

Parker closes his eyes again and takes a deep breath. 

Huh. Air. Who knew.

Png

Twilight Sparkle (and co.) -- Gateway

[we're finally in space] 

Something exploded behind Twilight. She turned to look at the fight that had been escalating, but now most of the involved parties had been blasted into the air. The skirmish had broken up and quote-unquote 'resolved' itself without needing to call upon Nata, so this was as good time as any to gather everyone and regroup. Twilight nodded, acknowledging Rayla's worries. 

"Take care of our new friend here," Twilight told the Lumas. "I'll be off collecting everyone else. Let's go!"

With a powerful beat of her wings, Twilight Sparkle took off into the stars. Her horn shone with pink magic as she approached each dazed floating person in turn and lit them aglow with the power to propel themselves through space. 

Sorey was relieved that Twilight was coming towards him, but something about his movements and vision was strange, almost as if his spirit was too dizzy to stay in his body. Twilight's magic made him glow pink for half a second before the light migrated entirely to the palms of his hands. He found that by moving them in certain ways, he could direct and push himself through the air, but he was too disoriented and borderline nauseous to do anything but clench his fist on something, anything, in an attempt to stop drifting. He didn't feel like throwing up the last time he brushed against space. Was it something about the explosion itself?

The explosion. Right! The hellion! Sorey tried to focus on that many-armed thing, but was forced to squeeze his eyes shut because he couldn't tell if the world was spinning or if he was the one who was doing the spinning in a zero-gravity situation.

'Oh... feels like we've been drinking too much...' Lailah herself slurred her words. It sounded like the dizziness was affecting her too. 

~~~

On the ground, the orange Luma floated towards Ace's head level and gave a wave to get xer attention. "Don't worry, we'll help you fly, too!"

The star creatures all looked to one of the pink Lumas, who momentarily puffed up like an angry bird. "Oh, why do I have to do it?"

"Cause you're the best at doing your Launch Star impression," said the blue one. "I can only do Pull Stars..."

"Fine, but you owe me star bits later!" Floating a few paces away, the Luma performed a little backflip and disappeared into a puff of pink smoke. "Trans---FORM!"

When the smoke cleared, the Luma had been replaced with a lazily turning star-shaped ring about the size of a hula-hoop. 

"I'm not a red star, but I can still lend you my magic for flying," continued the orange Luma, who had now latched onto Ace's jacket, anchoring itself on xer shoulder. "Jump into the Launch Star!"

Shrike_Logo.png

Ace_Text.png

Ace was pretty sure xe would willingly kill and very possibly die for these things. Zaza, Gilded Saints, that was the most adorable thing--

An explosion went off behind xer. Xer face dropped into the flat deadpan that most people mistook for xer default expression. Xe debated the merits of pretending it didn’t exist and had just about hit xer usual conclusion of it’s not my problem so I am ignoring it when the kid next to xer spoke up.

“With all due respect, Twi, maybe we should get going? Them stars ain't gonna explore themselves, y'know…”

Oh, did xe ever sympathize with that. Ace glanced over at them, nodding once in agreement. Despite xerself, xer gaze trailed over their shoulder, to the space bat staring out into the ever-singing stars, and then--

...Had the explosion launched people into space?

Ace filed the information away into the little folder of evidence for xer theory that this place ran on a kind of Deeps logic.

The little horse--alicorn! That was the word--spoke to the Lumas, then flew off towards the others. Ace watched them fly for a few moments before one of the little stars; the orange one; waved at xer, bringing xer attention back to them. 

“Don't worry, we'll help you fly, too!”

Oh, this should be interesting.

Ace watched the Lumas have a small argument that barely even deserved the name before a pink one transformed in a puff of smoke. The orange Luma settled on Ace’s shoulder, clinging to xer jacket like a perching bird. “I'm not a red star, but I can still lend you my magic for flying. Jump into the Launch Star!”

Well. It wasn’t like xe had anything else to do, and it would get xer to the stars. Ace shrugged slightly, stepped back, and took a running jump.

****! That was like being shot out of a cannon, xe should have braced xerself more--

Ace’s breath caught as the momentum faded, leaving xer drifting. Stars. Stars everywhere, encasing xer in music in a moment of transcendental bliss.

...Something among the celestial song didn’t quite match… 

Then someone else arrived and everyone started yelling again.

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy
<Location: XDRS Base -> Space!!>

<Location: XDRS Base -> Space!!>

<People: Twilight | Sorey | Parker | Ace | Jin | Caspian | Zagreus | Grimnir>

~~

Seeing that they were going into space at long last, Ray hopped up onto Tsuki's back, and the Lunala took off to join the others. It'd been far too long since she'd had a good flight.

But where to go first? Space was vast, after all...

Hm...? Now she knew she was hearing music. It sounded beautiful...

Even if it had a bit of a beat to it.

"I think I know which way we should go first. Does anyone else hear that music?"

"Yeah, I do, and it sounds pretty good, too. Sounds like a plan, Tsuki. Lead the way."

~~

2MolkBO.png

?????
<Current Song: "Dubwoofer Substep">
<Location: ???>

~~

God, he was bored. He'd been bored since he'd ended up on this miserable rock.

But as he looked into the distance, he saw more creatures, more people.

It wouldn't hurt to have a little fun...

...and play them a little song.

z6w0LNn.png

Sorey -- In Space

[ hellion...? ] - [ oh no ] - [ Armatization deactivated ]

There was little he could do except witness in abject horror as the demon was torn to shreds again and again. Not even Zaveid, the wayward wind seraph, had been so brutal with his unnecessary bloodshed, and seeing the man look so joyful in his task made the Shepherd a little sick to his stomach. He clenched his teeth, biting back the water beginning to well in his eyes.

If only I were a little faster, a little stronger... There was nothing to say that Sorey might have succeeded with restoring the demon's previous form, but at the same time... The opportunity was robbed from him before he could even attempt it. He had broken the promise he made to Jin mere moments ago. The Shepherd closed his eyes. Jin. He was confronting the so-called Lord of Cyclones about his acts, and Sorey was half torn between wanting to join him and fearing that Jin himself would be pulverized, next -- for he could sense the aura of divinity about this newcomer. His boasts were true. The Shepherd could only add one word: "Why?"

Defeated, Sorey let his armatus fade away. His red and white clothing dissolved into a shower of sparks, cast back into the stars. His head had cleared, but he still felt a weight in his body, even though he was floating through the air, weightless.

He didn't know if he was hallucinating it at the time, but he thought he could hear some distant... piano... notes?

mUkUxWe.png

[Parker Evan - Gateway]

Music? The hell? Parker tries to twist his body to face it, but he has no idea where it's coming from. 

He likes music, but not when it's coming from a place he doesn't recognize. It's already weird enough that he can breathe in space. So he grabs his gun and twists around a few times, not liking the feeling of zero gravity one bit. "The hell is that coming from? Why is someone playing a goddamn piano in space?"

Edited by Mikasa361

Shrike_Logo.png

Ace_Text.png

Ace’s gaze snaps to Parker, burning on full intensity. “You hear it too. Then it isn’t just the normal music.” Xe’d thought it sounded incongruous with the rest of the celestial song! “Something’s out there. Stars only know what.”

“I don’t have a clue!” the orange Luma on Ace’s shoulder huffs. “Maybe another traveler…”

Traveler. That word. Xe knew--knows--someone named--

Focus. The firewalls being down are nice and all, but xe still needs to stay on track. No time to delve into what xe might have gotten back now. “Scratch that,” Ace corrects xerself with the slightest of smiles, nigh-undetectable, “not even the stars know what. Better brace for it.”

2MolkBO.png

?????

~~

Ah, good, they noticed the music. This was going to be fun.

"Let the show begin."

~~

Because of the extreme amount of bass, listeners' discretion is advised.

~~

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy
<Status: Briefly Dazed; Shocked; Has a headache>

<Status: Briefly Dazed; Surprised; Has a headache>

<Location: Space!!>
<People: Twilight | Sorey | Parker | Ace | Jin>

~~

The music changed in the span of several seconds, and both Trainer and Lunala found themselves assaulted by hard-light attacks. "Whoa, nelly--!!"

"Oh sweet Arceus-- This is going to be a bumpy ride, Rayla--!!" Tsuki dodged as much as she could, but was caught completely off-guard and struck by bright pink hard light.

Instead of hurting them physically, however, the hard-light attack caused a brief but awful buzzing sound in their heads, leaving them with a bit of a headache. The buzz in her mind was enough to have Ray reeling for a few seconds. "...ugh... talk about a head-pounder... You okay, Tsuki?"

"I'll be okay as soon as we're not being assaulted! Whose idea was it to do this to us?!"

"How am I s'posed to--" Wait... Ray's voice and train of thought trailed off when she realized the hard-light attacks were timed to the music's beat.

Even with that in mind, she knew that this wasn't going to be so easy, after all...

mUkUxWe.png

[Parker Evan - I hate bullet hells]

Light.... Music.... The fact that these attacks seem to be coming to the beat...

Oh hell no, he's always hated these kinds of games. 

Parker attempts to twist his body so he could avoid one of the light attacks, but it winds up knocking right into him before he has the chance to move.  "****!!!! Son of a **** I hate bullet hells!"  His brow furrows as he realizes how far back the attack sends him. "Oh for the love of...." He tries to look for something to kick off of so he could get back to the rest of the group. No luck. So he tries to pay attention to the attacks.

After all, as much as he hates a bullet hell, he needs to get through this. 

Shrike_Logo.png

Ace_Text.png

S̴̢̀̕C͡R͘͝҉̶̕E̷͡Ȩ͞҉͡E͘͘͜E̸͠E̷̢͢͞È̷̢Ę̀E̸͏̵̨͜E̛͏͏E̕͏҉͘͞Ę̸͟͜͝È̵͡͠E̷̛Ę͡

LOUD LOUD LOUD PAIN where are the STARS

The screaming static feedback was loud but brief, and Ace’s immediate impression was of a firewall designed specifically to hurt xer. Hands clamped over xer ears instinctively, xe blinked hard as the feedback faded out and xe regained an awareness of xer surroundings. Hard-light projectiles, to that foreign shouldn’t-be-there beat--

Bracing was all well and good, but this was something that had to be dodged. 

And Ace already had a grudge against whoever was on the other end of it.

“You can boost me, yeah?” Ace said to the little Luma, who nodded with a chime. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

Png

Twilight Sparkle -- In space

[let the bass drop] 

"Step one, we made it to space, check." With the few... distractions that had occurred, it ended up taking much longer to get the patrol going than Twilight had anticipated, but at least now they were in space! The gateway galaxy wasn't that large, so everything that came next would be relative smooth sailing. Based on the positions of the stars, the next major space body should just be a relative hop away.

"No, this universe doesn't usually have music," Twilight replied to Jin, tilting her ears to better hear what they were talking about. "Some plants sing when you bump into them, but for the most part space is wonderfully silent."

Not soon after she had finished was the group suddenly under fire. Trouble always seemed to find its way towards the XDRS. Twilight beat her wings in a flutter of panic and managed to dodge one of the bullets while letting out a startled yell. From the corner of her sight she saw Ray and Tsuki get hit, stunning the bat pokemon for half a second. "Rayla!"

Making her way to the pokemon trainer, Twilight had to make sure that she or her pokemon weren't gravely wounded. After all, she was supposed to be responsible for this expedition! "I can heal--" she began, then noticed that neither of the two were burned or had any bullet wounds. "Huh? What's going on?"

"Talk about hopping out of the pan and into the fire," Sorey commented. He had finally managed to clear his mind and gain a hang of controlling his movements in the weightlessness. The magic granted by Twilight still persisted and seemed to give him a magic ability to move forward without needing anything else to propel him. Unlike some of the others, he managed to avoid getting knocked back by the pellets heading their way -- though a cursory glance showed that the projectiles weren't as lethal as they looked. 

Still, better to avoid them than to get it. It looked like an unpleasant experience, and he had to warn his friend. "Jin, watch out!"

2MolkBO.png

?????
<Status: Stable; Amused>

~~

The mysterious stranger laughed to himself. It was so amusing, catching people off-guard with his songs and making their heads spin with the strikes from his bullets and beams.

And speaking of bullets and beams, he figured a few beams were in order this time. "That's right - dance for me!"

~~

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy
<Status: Head is pounding>

~~

The song went from bullets to beams just as fast as the bullets had started, catching Tsuki completely off-guard and making both her and Ray's heads start spinning from the awful static the strikes caused. "This ain't what I had in mind when a trip to space was mentioned... You gonna be all right, Tsuki?"

"...I... I think so... but if we get hit a third time, we might not be so lucky to recover straight off the bat."

"Right." Ray noticed Twilight out of the corner of her eyes. "Twilight! These attacks, they don't cause physical wounds! Even now, my head's spinning... Just don't get struck or you're gonna get one monster of a headache from the mental static!"

Shrike_Logo.png

Ace_Text.png

Beams this time. Easier to see coming, easier to dodge. And xe was prepared this time. Hopefully that would be enough to get xer through without another hit, another painful screeching feedback. 

Beat. Beat. It followed a beat. A melody of its own. Xe was starting to get the hang of it...and xe’d been very good at rhythm games for a very long time.

Ace had almost started to grin when a flicker of movement caught their attention. Was that--that was fire kid. Trying to punch the beams. Hadn’t they learned? 

Ace rolled xer eyes. “Hey, boost,” xe sang to the Luma on xer shoulder. The star chimed, and a moment later there was a surge of power. Ace...sprung wasn’t the right word with nothing to push off against--whatever, at any rate xe moved forwards fast enough to grab the kid and yank them out of the way. 

“Hey, punching doesn’t work on light. Th'guy we gotta fight’s at the other end, dodge and move it.” Ace flipped away from the kid to dodge another beam, shoving them back so they didn’t get hit either, and focused back into the music. Sooner this ends, sooner I can get back to hearing the stars.

Edited by Pachimew

mUkUxWe.png

[Parker Evan -Eat THAT]

Parker had just finally managed to get back to the group, huffing all the while from the effort. Of course, that's when he notices not just bullets, but beams too. Ah son of a ****, he thinks. But he manages to kick off of God-knows-what and do a little spin as he dodges some beams. "HAH, eat THAT, whatever the hell it is that's throwing crap at us because hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I have no idea what kind of bullet hell bull **** is going on here-" He shuts up to try and pay attention to the beat of the music. He loves music, granted, but this music, in a real life bullet hell, is killing him. 

Png

Twilight Sparkle -- Space

[ dubwoofer substep ] - [ go go twilight! ]

After the initial barrage, it seemed like the attacker had changed tactics. Twilight was alarmed when Ray and her pokemon were struck by a second attack, but like the first, the laser beam didn't do much other than stun. Still... Rayla confirmed that the pink projectiles had an incredibly unpleasant dizzying effect.

"I'm glad you and Tsuki aren't physically injured. All we'll have to do now is get to the bottom of this!" Other than Tsuki, Twilight was the only one who was really adept at flying... but at the same time, it seemed that avoiding the beams and bullets was only a matter of sheet luck. Twilight steeled her nerves, focusing on the patterns and giving her wings a stretch before darting forward. The quicker they could get the source of the attacks, the quicker they could stop who or whatever was launching them. That way, no one else would have to be subjected to the headache-inducing barrage.

She didn't doubt that even Rainbow Dash would be impressed when she banked to the left, barrel-rolling over an incoming laser beam and swooping under another. She was sure it was the right direction, and, seeing a group of asteroids clustered in the distance, she felt that she was getting close!

latest?cb=20170317034216

Sorey - Space

[ ouch! ] - [ no seraphs active ]

He warned Jin a little too late! But a change in attack patterns stopped Sorey from going to check in on the red-haired man and instead forced him to focus on his own safety first. The beams were harder to avoid than they initially looked, and carelessly he found himself in the path of one and was knocked back! Dazed, with static in his head and a ringing in his ears, he couldn't even hear his seraphim trying to yell at him to regain his senses. 

Edited by TehUltimateMage

2MolkBO.png

?????
<Status: Stable; Panicking>

~~

They're... actually getting through this?!

Now the man was starting to panic. They weren't getting hit as often as he'd hoped. One of them wasn't getting hit at all! This was really, really bad - he was going to get in trouble for sure, he just knew it!

One last chance - the finale of the song was coming up, so both beams and bullets went flying.

If this didn't work, well... he knew which song he'd play for them next.

~~

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy

~~

Ray had a feeling that they were getting closer to the source of these attacks.

Mainly because now there were both beams and bullets headed straight for them. "No more messing around, Tsuki! It's time we got serious!"

And get serious, they did. The Lunala and her rider miraculously managed to dodge everything this time in an impressive display of aerial acrobatics, not unlike the ones they did while traversing Ultra Space. This was more like it. Perhaps now, they could figure out why they were being attacked.

Ray prayed to Arceus that the others came out okay as the song began to fade into silence...

mUkUxWe.png

[Parker Evan -Eat my damn words]

For a second, he thinks he's got this. He thinks he's got the beat down, but it seems that the small girl with the weird creature is the only one who's faring in this part of the music. Just about everyone gets hit by something, and it's only a matter of time before Parker gets knocked in the gut by a beam. He continues to scream curses as he realizes he shouldn't have just jinxed himself. 

He wishes he were home, none of this day has been good so far. 

No no, it's just the past couple minutes, right? 

"DAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT-----" is all he could yell as he's sent a long ways back by the beam before he manages to get himself to float out of its way. 

Shrike_Logo.png

Ace_Text.png

Alright, yeah, Ace thinks xe’s getting the hang of this. Twist and dodge and weave, focus into the pattern of this song and not the star-song, Alright, xe’s got it, just no more surprises--

The ****er adds bullets on the tail end of the lasers. Ace doesn’t readjust fast enough.

S̴̢̀̕C͡R͘͝҉̶̕E̷͡Ȩ͞҉͡E͘͘͜E̸͠E̷̢͢͞È̷̢Ę̀E̸͏̵̨͜E̛͏͏E̕͏҉͘͞Ę̸͟͜͝È̵͡͠E̷̛Ę͡

Xe slams xer hands over xer ears instinctively, only barely manages not to squeeze xer eyes shut, too. Xe knows it won’t help--the firewall-feeling is internal, not external--but it hurts, and xe needs to react somehow to try and make it stop.

Jin shouts something that is lost to the static in Ace’s mind. Xe barely twists out of an oncoming bolt of light, pattern broken. Hate hate HATE that--oh, I’m gonna kick this *******’s ass so hard when we find them.

twilight_sparkle_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n_d3e1hyn-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xNjQzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNmI2N2FjM2YtMWU0OS00ZGUwLWE3OGYtZWIxZGY1ZjQxYjZhXC9kM2UxaHluLTlmOGIwNjVmLWQ5NGMtNGE3MC04MzI5LWM1YWY0ODEyZTM4Zi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.0k2TW-lP11Qndi1tmdT12SZDfrPFID58j36_HzRUKQM

Twilight -- In Space

[because of the extreme amount of bass] - [listeners' discretion is advised]

Sorey was hit a second time by a beam, but Twilight deftly swooped up and down to avoid both beams and bullets, tucking her wings in at the last second to avoid being blasted on several occasions. No time to look back and worry about the others! She could only trust them to hold their ground against the headache-inducing attacks. She could feel the slow but aggressive beat in her body the closer she got to its source, and only when she spotted a pink and black figure on a deserted space-rock did the music coincidentally begin to fade out and draw to a close.

The person she saw didn't seem out of place at all in this world: while he had a body, his head was a perfect black circle with a pink outline, a crown, and protruding pink horns. Twilight was quick to notice that he was the same color as the projectiles sent their way. Was he the cause of the song?

The alicorn stopped in midair, hovering near the rock but not landing on it just yet. "Hello! We're the eXtra-Dimensional Rescue Squad and we're here to help! It's wonderful music, but would you cease firing at us? Thank you!"

~

Further along, Sorey was still trying to shake out the static buzzer noise out of his head and when he finally regained enough of his senses to regain control of his flight, the song had begun to fade away (thankfully). 

Sorey, can you finally hear us?  asked Mikleo.

Sorey scoffed, pressed his fingertips into his forehead, then nodded. "Yeah."

All he needed to do now was catch up to Twilight. This patrol was already so eventful, and they've barely left the planet!

2MolkBO.png

Blixer
<Current Song: "Long Live the New Fresh" (not in combat yet)>
<Location: Somewhere in Space, Probably>
<People: Twilight>

~~

So they actually got through. It'd be a shame to hit them while they were still reeling from the previous song, but if they were anything like Cyan, at least one of them would get through the next song. Truth be told, the purple unicorn with wings wouldn't look too terribly out of place in Paradise, where he'd lived before ending up on this miserable asteroid, but those others? They'd stick out like sore thumbs...

"Hello! We're the eXtra-Dimensional Rescue Squad and we're here to help!" The winged unicorn speaking broke him out of his musings. "It's wonderful music, but would you cease firing at us? Thank you!"

That won't be too much of a problem, he thought to himself. After all, his next song didn't involve him firing at them. Still, he was very much flattered at the compliment to his music. "Thanks! Trust me, I've got plenty more sick beats where that came from. The name's Blixer by the way... and color me impressed - I haven't seen dodging like that since I saw this big-shot hero back home two years ago."

...yes, this song will do nicely. A different song began to play as the other strangers approached.

~~

Rayla, Alolan Prodigy
<Status: Headache is fading>

<Status: Headache is fading>

<Location: Somewhere in Space>
<People: Twilight | Blixer | Sorey | Parker | Ace | Jin>

~~

Tsuki and Ray flew in and caught up to Twilight quickly. "Whew... Those were some sick maneuvers you did, Twilight! Where'd you learn to fly like that?!"

"Perhaps that can be saved for another time, Rayla. She's found the one who attacked, and from what I hear..." Tsuki paused. "...just be on your guard."

~~

<Blixer has revealed his identity!>

Edited by hikarinomemori

twilight_sparkle_cutie_mark_by_blackgryph0n_d3e1hyn-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xNjQzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNmI2N2FjM2YtMWU0OS00ZGUwLWE3OGYtZWIxZGY1ZjQxYjZhXC9kM2UxaHluLTlmOGIwNjVmLWQ5NGMtNGE3MC04MzI5LWM1YWY0ODEyZTM4Zi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.0k2TW-lP11Qndi1tmdT12SZDfrPFID58j36_HzRUKQM

Twilight -- Blixer's Asteroid

[ blissfully unaware ] - [ of round 2's imminent punching ]

"The name's Blixer by the way... and color me impressed - I haven't seen dodging like that since I saw this big-shot hero back home two years ago."

Twilight practically blushed through her fur at the compliment, and really had no time to answer before an impressed Rayla asked her where she learned to fly like that. "Oh, uh, a good friend named Rainbow Dash taught me a few tricks or two when I first got my wings...! Really, it was nothing too impressive compared to her, haha."

A new song began to play, this time with twinkling high notes befitting of an upbeat interstellar adventure. While Twilight could understand Tsuki's suspicions, it was too early to assume that Blixer was queuing up more lasers... right? Maybe he just liked having background music surround him, which surprisingly isn't completely unheard of in the multiverse. Some people just had their own musical themes playing around them, constantly.

"We're on a patrol around our base right now," the Alicorn explained. "Did you find yourself here by accident?"

~

latest?cb=20170317034216

Sorey - Jin's Asteroid

[ oh my god is your face ok ] - [ we should have a tea party and all become friends ] - [ no seraphs active ]

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

"Are you alright?" Sorey called out. Jin was, from the looks of it, obviously still bright-eyed and bushy-tailed despite getting a face full of space-dirt three seconds prior. Swimming over with a little more grace than the other young man, the Shepherd tumbled gently through the air and rolled onto the same asteroid. Finally, solid ground! If they were in for lasers again, at least this would be more of a fair fight since most everyone was new at flying. 

"Well, depends on your definition of fun..." Sorey followed up. That black-and pink person -- Blixer -- seemed to be having quite a good time right now already with his power. Not that the implied offer of a friendly scuffle with Jin didn't sound fun, but usually you'd make friends before beating them up, right? Unless, of course, they're too fired up to be reasoned with -- which didn't seem like the case at the moment.

"So he has the ability to make music out of thin air, along with the ability to weaponize his projectiles to match the rhythm. That's probably the coolest power anyone has had so far."

"I know, right?" Sorey answered Mikleo out loud. "Playing any music, anywhere? You won't even need a band to follow you around when you're traveling!"