TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

People: Lara, Utakata, Cistina, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire

Tien blinks as he processes the other man’s explanation, his hands automatically wandering to his pockets for a rock. Names and information tumble in his mind, and he’s unsure of how much he can hold onto while he’s still shaken from the sudden transfer and the overwhelming...everything.

But then, that’s where Fractal can help. So Tien lets everything pass through his mind as he flips the rock in his palm and latches onto what seems relevant--the man’s name, Utakata (and the strange clothes he’s wearing), and the...other world thing.

Okay, that one’s easy enough. Well, no, it’s not, but at least he has some experience there. This place is...like Shadesmar? That’s not quite right, since Shadesmar; where Fractal is from, where spren live; parallels the landscape of Roshar, Tien’s homeworld. A different, far-flung part of Shadesmar, then. Alright, he can handle that. This would be a...city? Maybe like the Cryptic city Fractal’s talked about before. Not quite right, again, but close enough to understand.

Tien nods slowly as Utakata conclude his explanation. Fractal slides to his shoulder, buzzing excitedly.

"Other worlds!" she says. "Tien, Tien can you imagine? There must be much out there to learn about! So many people, so many cultures--" She makes a high-pitched sound like someone running their finger around a glass of wine.

Tien can’t help but lift his eyebrows slightly. Fractal doesn’t sound that excited very often, but then, travelling is her passion. "I can imagine," he says softly. "It sounds like...a lot."

Fractal hums happily in agreement, not put off by his more subdued tone. Tien looks over at the others again. Utakata and...Cistina, Tien’s pretty sure, are the only ones who have at least tried to be helpful, and they seemed normal enough. He should give some kind of response. Quick eye contact to check eye color--lighteyed, alright. That gave Tien some idea of where he stood here. Of course, culture was almost certainly different, but...better safe than sorry?

"I...think I get it. More or less. Thank you for explaining. Is…" Tien hesitates, squeezing the rock in his hand. "You said you’d all gotten pulled, is there, is there a way to go back?" Everything but the clothes on his back and the things in his pockets was back on Roshar--people who depended on him were back on Roshar--his life was back on Roshar!

Raine_Symphonia_Run.gif

Raine -- Front Hall

[what's happening] - [injured people?] - [oh no not again]

The group had barely made it to the front entrance before the doors exploded inwards, revealing a partially-armored girl with a rabid animal under one arm and a bleeding, leaking? woman under the other. That girl -- the white-haired one, with the stained white and black uniform -- seemed to be the one which Nata mentioned was leaking oil, but in this case it appeared to be mixed with blood. Raine broke off into a run to meet the trio, quickly proclaiming "I'm a healer!" before the armored girl could make another move or run off. 

Even without the unicorn horn amplifying her power, Raine was certain that she would at least be able to stabilize the white-haired one, who seemed to have the worse wounds (at least the furred creature was still conscious). Still, the half-elf pursed her lips into a straight line. The presence of oil... She wasn't entirely sure if her healing would fix any of what was inside her.

"Put the white haired girl down," she instructed, before kneeling by her. When she whispered an incantation, Raine's staff glowed and Enterprise's wounds began to heal and close from within, but she hesitated in sealing them completely in case they needed to tear anything open again to fix the metallic parts she saw within. They appeared to be too regular to be shrapnel stuck within her, at least, and with the presence of the oil, it was a fair assumption to make. Some worlds had mixed organic and inorganic beings, or even entirely inorganic beings, and unfortunately most forms of healing magic were ineffective on machines. 

"You can all go ahead to the Gateway," Raine said, eyes focused on her work. "I'll stay here and catch up later. If these injuries are from an altercation at the gate, then it would be in your best interest to deescalate it."

~~~

Png

Twilight Sparkle -- Gateway

[in flight] - [worried for everyone] - [although there's nothing to worry about...?]

Twilight knew that, with her flight and her teleportation, she would get to the Gateway the quickest. As the others left the room by the door, Twilight pushed open the observatory window and jumped off the sill, spreading her alicorn wings to catch the air and glide. 

Below, she saw Hibiki-chan dash across the landscape. She hoped that the girl would be able to meet Raine on her way to the castle because it looked like she was carrying some limp forms and was hurrying with as much urgency as Twilight herself, albeit in the other direction. But, to the pony's surprise, when she saw the Gateway's stones there was a lot less disaster than Nata had implied when he relayed the information secondhand. Other than the evidence of scorching on the grass, everything seemed to have calmed down now. Cistina and her distinctive yellow dress had returned, Lara was on the scene, and the handful of newcomers -- both human and not -- didn't seem to be acting too hostile to each other.

Twilight circled the air, spiraling downward in a wide radius before lightly touching down near the outer ring of stones so as not to startle anyone with her sudden appearance. She folded her wings and trot over. "Hello, it's me, Twilight Sparkle! We got your message, Lara, through Nata. I apologize for not getting here sooner, but it seems like you've gotten the situation under control? Good job, and what a relief!"

Edited by TehUltimateMage

dcv6upi-4b7cce71-4526-46c4-9c6c-bb72c03e

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable>
<Location: 1st Floor Entrance Hallway>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Active>
<People: Raine | Enterprise | KarDrak>

~~

Oops. Maybe she'd kicked the door down a little too hard. No sooner than she had, though, that Hibiki heard the words "I'm a healer!" at top volume.

Thank god.

Hibiki didn't need to be told to put the white-haired girl down, and once she had and this healer was doing her thing, all of her attention was on the hyena. Didn't look to be rabid - just desperate, like a lot of injured animals that were restrained.

Still, now that she had both of her arms to work with, she could keep it from biting her.

~~

dd3hjow-314592c7-1003-4fb0-be90-c9ed8776

Temeraire Rhowa, Warrior of Light
<Location: Gateway>
<Current Class: Pugilist>
<People: Lara | Cistina | Twilight | Utakata | Grievous | Vaccaria | Garchomp | Tien>

~~

Grievous is a weird name... Temeraire couldn't help but think to herself. Still, at least now she had a name to pin to this strange cyborg. She could swear this thing was at least 75% magitek... She started praying that the Echo never showed her Grievous's memories - she didn't want to know.

She turned her attention back to those who weren't made of magitek, and her jaw almost dropped at Utakata explaining everything Lara had to this newcomer with near-perfect accuracy. So many Hyur were here... It made Temeraire a little uncomfortable, not seeing any Miqo'te, or Elezen, or Roegadyn, or Au Ra, or Lalafell... seven hells, she'd even settle for a Garlean at this rate.

And then the strangest thing yet arrived. A unicorn. A talking unicorn. With wings. Was this a pegasus or a unicorn, anyway? She couldn't tell - she'd never seen a horse with both a horn and wings before. And she - at least, Temeraire assumed it was a she, given the voice - she was so colorful, and had a very strange mark on her flank...

As soon as she'd said her name, it clicked that this must be the leader of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad.

...this is the leader of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad?? Temeraire had expected a queen, or even a princess, not the most colorful winged unicorn she'd ever seen.

"...man, this multiverse is WEIRD."

Raine_Symphonia_Run.gif

Raine -- Front Hall

[I can't...?] - [I can't do this alone] - [time is of the essence]

Raine put a hand on the white-haired girl's neck. She was breathing, however faintly, but her condition was precarious. With the unfortunate loss of the unicorn horn at the marketplace, the healer was no longer confident in her ability to cast resurrection spells, and that meant that there would be no second chance if she were not careful. She bit her lip -- there was little she could do at the moment for the girl unfortunately, without the right tools or the right people. The former could be found in the infirmary; the latter... Well, she was certain of the location of one of the mechanics on base. Raine huffed in frustration -- no one could have really predicted this specific circumstance, but she was careless in underestimating Stan's potential contributions. 

"You there," she addressed Hibiki, waving her over. Forcibly pulling her gaze away from the injured girl on the floor, Raine used her staff to push herself to her feet. Seeing that the armored girl was having a little trouble with the animal -- who, upon closer examination, not only had cuts but also seemed to have patches of skin and fur burned away -- the healer muttered another spell to quell the creature's pain and knit its wounds. It was odd that it seemed like its backside was perfectly unaffected, fur almost untouched, though she simply assumed it was the directionality of the attack that would have caused such a strange pattern.

"Could you do me a favor?" Raine asked. She pointed to the ceiling. "Directly above us, two floors up, should be the observatory. It's the biggest room on the third floor. There should be a man in green there named Stan; please wake him up, tell him to get his toolbox, and bring him to me as soon as possible. If Natsuki is still there as well, please also tell them to meet me at the infirmary."

"Meanwhile, I will bring the girl there myself." Raine crouched down to pick her up but-- the person was deceptively heavy, as if made from solid steel. How did the armored girl--?! "Oh, nevermind." She slumped her shoulders. "I will wait here for you to return."

Karen and Nidrak

epr2ud4.gif

Allies (?): Hibiki, Raine, Enterprise

Current Morph: Spotted Hyena

They didn't stop struggling throughout the journey to the castle, but the armored girl carrying them didn't seem fazed by nearly 150 lbs of struggling muscle. It was concerning, frightening, and frustrating -- how could one small girl be so strong? 

They were too distracted to pay much attention to Raine’s healing of the white-haired girl, but even so it was enough of a surprise to make them stop flailing for a moment. Not that they had enough energy to keep flailing anyway. Even with the hyena’s stamina they couldn’t just keep fighting while spraying blood across the walls. 

The healing was strange and new, but then, it wasn’t even as miraculous as the morphing technology was. 

They didn’t know what to do as they lay panting in Hibiki’s arms. The situation didn’t make much sense. Why was the girl working so hard to hold them instead of just killing them? She couldn’t know about the morphing power, could she? If she did, she could have just disabled them to force them to morph back or at least tried to threaten them.  

Something in Karen tried to whisper that maybe she was just trying to do a good thing, but he’d been too cynical to believe that even before meeting Nidrak. 

They stiffened at the odd feeling of Raine’s magic washing over them and healing their wounds. It was so different from morphing -- almost warm and alive instead of the wet shifting of morphing. Nidrak would have had some more poetic things to say about it had the situation been different. 

Either way, the magic soothed the pain their were in and sealed up their wounds. Nidrak nearly sobbed in his mind in relief, but Karen couldn’t help but feel suspicious about being kept alive. They’d spent too long fearing being captured alive for him to be comfortable with non consensual healing. 

They didn’t want to be dragged around by Hibiki anymore -- hated the idea of being confined and held for another moment, carried around like a lifeless doll. They couldn’t think of any way to get out without revealing that they weren’t a mindless beast, but they almost didn’t care. They could rationalize their mistakes later. <Let me go!> they growled at Hibiki. 

what awaits has not yet been revealed

“H-Hi. It’s...nice to meet you?”

What a cute god! 

"You as well," Cistina smiled. Well, he didn't shake her hand, but that might just be that they didn't have the custom. She stepped so that she could have a view of everyone, and spoke:  "Now, there are certain things I-- 

Cistina was interrupted by the man in indigo, listing several facts and figures out. Cistina closed her mouth and attempted to cross her arms, feeling more than a little annoyed, but he did at least explain things for her and the other agents. Yet, he should still know that we have our methods and plans for these matters to be followed. It would not do to disrupt things; does he not know he could seed false ideas among those potentially stranded here?

"I had not known that you were a hidden agent of ours," she commented, tone stern. "Should I contact Twilight to let her know that you had returned?"

There was a odd ringing vibration from the direction of the god-boy. Cistina turned around, confusion clear on her face until she noted he was talking to himself. Oh, did he have a friend in his mind like Duke does? She turned away, feeling intrusive, focusing on the other newcomers. The cat-eared girl looked completely flummoxed, she couldn't tell what the robot's expressions were, and this "Utakata" was looking smug as his gaze passed from Lara to her. 

"I do commend you for remembering the information," Cistina relented. A voice sounded behind her as she was about to speak, and Cistina closed her mouth again, a flash of annoyance appearing over her face. Garchomp from beside her was looking at the god-boy intently, head tilted in a manner that yet again implied curiosity.

"I...think I get it. More or less. Thank you for explaining. Is… You said you’d all gotten pulled, is there, is there a way to go back?"

Well, that was it. Cistina winced, but set her face into a (hopefully) reassuing smile as she turned towards the god-boy. "Perhaps, but if it is all right, I should think it prudent for all questions to be asked when we arrive to our headquarters," This said, Cistina faced back towards the assembled newcomers, and loudly started to speak: "Please, would everyone follow--"

She cut herself off this time as she saw Twilight's approach. Am I ever going to get a word in to request the newcomers to follow me from the Gateway? This is ridiculous. Cistina pouted, though she managed to smooth over her expression as Twilight landed and trotted over.

"Hello, it's me, Twilight Sparkle! We got your message, Lara, through Nata. I apologize for not getting here sooner, but it seems like you've gotten the situation under control? Good job, and what a relief!"

It was hard to stay irate in Twilight's presence. "Greetings, Twilight, I was about to take the newcomers back to the castle to address the questions they may have and post," Cistina turned to look at the dark blue dragon, who was still studying the god-boy (Wasn't it studying the robot before?), then leaned down to whisper in Twilight's ear. "While I was away, I learned of several matters of great import. After informing the newcomers, I would like to speak privately to you and the other veteran agents." She reached her clenched, bloodied hand up and nudged the file under her arm. 

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

Name: Utakata and Lara 

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Cistina ♫

♫ Support: Princess Twilight Sparkle  ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- Irked, but ultimately not worth it ; Lara- Not willing to let it go ♫

~~ Well excuse me, Princess. ~~

He lets out a hiss of air at Cistina’s snide remarks. Well, was that necessary? His expression turns flat, and he sighs and puts his hands up in defeat. It’s best to not cause any more problems, especially as he can tell this one is a little…. Well, he has a word for it that he wishes not to even think of. Frankly, he finds her more intimidating than Lara, who’s still got a bit of alcohol messing with her brain. “Right… My apologies,” he responds to her in a more apologetic tone. “I should know my place, after all. Nor should I interrupt. **** 

She’s right. Know your place, Utakata. You’re the new one here. Besides, she did commend you for retaining that. Perhaps your quick mind would be useful, if you could keep quiet.

Shut your maw, Saiken.

Cistina turns to the boy and gives him a smile. Utakata rolls his eyes when she isn't looking. He wonders for a brief moment if maybe it would be better if he left her alone. He shrugs. It's really not worth seething over it. Who really cares at this point- he has no energy to really consider too much more of a response towards her. No good would come out of snapping and provoking another senior agent- it's already enough that he irked Lara. But it's alright, he supposes, if he keeps to himself for the most part he won't have to worry about interacting with either of them much. 

Cistina is now interrupted and talking to Princess Twilight. The complexities of the multiverse may never cease to surprise him, even if he does stay here for a while. A talking purple horse, so far, really seems to take the cake. His voice drops down a few notches as he moves closer to the new boy- enough so he can be heard without invoking Cistina’s annoyance but far enough that he gives the boy some space. After all, he seems just as scared as Utakata was just some moments ago. Considering the multiverse, who knows what kind of mayhem may come from scaring this boy over the edge?

You know…. I was wondering that briefly as well. But I’m not sure, frankly, if I want to go back right now. I, er…. Was in a bit of a bind just before I came here. As much as I’d like to see the people close to me right now…. It’s not the time.” He sighs. “It’s much safer for me to remain here.” Utakata glances at the young man, who is definitely a bit taller than himself. “I’m Utakata, by the way. What can I call you?

Lara has to admit, she found it very funny when Utakata was snapped into submission. But instead of provoking Cistina further by laughing, she tones down her reaction by smirking at him. He doesn't give her the pleasure of a response. But she does notice him roll his eyes when she looks away. Understandable, she thinks to herself, she was being a bit of a jerk there. I would have been more shocked if he didn't.

She will admit one thing, however. Cistina was being unjustifiably rude. She waits for Cistina to finish, then sighs. “Wasn’t that a bit much?” she muses, speaking with concern for her fellow agent as well as for the newcomer. “I mean, yeah maybe he was out of line there, but that reaction wasn’t necessary in the slightest. Not to say anyone was wrong or right here.” Sure, Cistina has seniority over her. But it’s not as if she were speaking to Xander or Twilight. Come to think of it, wouldn’t they rather be told if they were doing something wrong? ….Who knows. Does she want a fight? No, not when she just helped de-escalate the situation.

She may not have had the best impression of Utakata. That's alright. But it appeared he really was just trying to help. And from what she can tell so far, he could be very useful. He’s got more to offer than herself, if she is to be brutally honest with herself. Fast learner, has whatever that power is... This makes her heart sink, as she begins to internally question her contributions to the organization. What use am I if all I can do is shoot? She glances at the man, who is quietly talking to the newcomer. His voice is not only softer in volume, but in tone. Quietly she smiles and nods, glad someone is trying to keep the boy from bolting while Cistina is busy. She turns her attention back to Cistina, keeping her temper down as much as possible.

Edited by Mikasa361

People: Lara, Utakata, Cistina, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire, Twilight Sparkle

"Perhaps," Cistina answers Tien’s question, "but if it is all right, I should think it prudent for all questions to be asked when we arrive to our headquarters,"

Tien swallows hard, but nods. He supposes that’s fair enough. And that was sort of a yes, right…?

Fractal hums, a mixture of discontent and pleading. "Tien--"

"I didn’t say we’d leave now," Tien whispers quickly. "I just want to know that we can."

She hums again, this time with reluctant acceptance. Tien breathes out a small sigh and looks up.

...The sharp-edged blue creature is staring at him. Tien goes still and stares back at it. Maybe it is going to attack him after all. His fingers twitch as he mentally readies himself to summon Fractal, just in case. The creature cocks its head, and Tien mimics the action without thinking.

"Please, would everyone follow--" Cistina begins, and abruptly cuts herself off as yet another creature lands neatly on the outer edge of the stone circle Tien’s still standing on. He starts slightly, backing up to keep both beings in his line of sight.

This new one looks nonthreatening, at least, but it’s a bizarre amalgamation of different traits. He recognizes the basic body shape of a horse, but a pair of odd, feathery wings like a chicken’s sprout from the back and a horn juts from the forehead, to say nothing of its unusual size and coloring.

And then it talks.

Tien should have known better, honestly. His best friend is, by her own description, a sentient representation of mathematical truths. Talking horses aren’t so farfetched. May as well start assuming everything he encounters can talk.

So! A talking horse-creature named Twilight Sparkle. That’s a thing. Tien’s desire to get back home, back to familiarity, is growing sharper by the second, and he’s certain Fractal’s desire to stay and learn more is doing the same. He never really thought that particular imbalance between their personalities would end up being an issue, but might end up being a major one if they can’t find a compromise.

And the sharp creature--can that talk too?--is still eyeing Tien, which doesn’t help matters at all. Tien’s about to go back to his staring contest with it when Utakata comes a bit closer.

"You know…. I was wondering that briefly as well. But I’m not sure, frankly, if I want to go back right now. I, er…. Was in a bit of a bind just before I came here. As much as I’d like to see the people close to me right now…. It’s not the time." He sighs. "It’s much safer for me to remain here." 

Tien blinks, wondering what the man is talking about for a minute before his mind catches up. Right, about going home. Tien feels a twinge of sympathy for him and nods understandingly, but he can’t help wondering exactly what that ‘bind’ was.

"I’m Utakata, by the way. What can I call you?"

He blinks again. Yes, he already knows Utakata’s name...had he really skipped over giving his own in turn? "I’m Tien," he answers, offering the most genuine smile he can muster. He thinks about introducing Fractal for a heartbeat, and his hand even moves halfway towards where she rests on his jacket--but no, he’s spent too long keeping her secret to be comfortable with that. "It’s nice to meet you."

Edited by Pachimew

Wasn’t that a bit much? Lara chided. Cistina straightened up, eyes narrowed, and faced her fellow agent. Not to say anyone was wrong or right here. I understand you’re probably shaken, but that’s no reason to treat people in such a matter,

"I apologize," Cistina forced herself to say, coldness creeping into her voice. Am I so wrong to chide someone for something which I've seen happen before, for which great men and women had died for?! The Gateway felt chilly all of a sudden, despite the usually-pleasant temperature, and Cistina hugged herself, closing her eyes to focus on her breathing and turning away.

She needed to apologize, she needed to banish this feeling--the cold terror of seeing comrades die under bloodied steel, the draining despair of being useless--was it the god-wyrm? The people she saw whom she laughed with and ate with and trained with, dying... Dying.... Dying....  "I simply am less inclined to tolerate people who acts as if they know more than they do, in the process endangering others, Cerya.“

Slow, steady breathing... She should have been able to be there for them, shouldn't she? Like she should have when her sister was drowning, like she should have when they moved and the war started, like she should-- These thoughts are not what I need to be dwelling on! Slow, steady breathing... She felt sick... She clinched her bloodied hand, and the sharp, bright pain helped to banish the way her mind was going. Had she been paying more attention, she might have noticed the wind that was flowing to and from her with her breathing.

She opened her eyes and turned to look at her senior. "Twilight, I do not believe it would be wise for me to currently stay to assist the arrivals," Cistina began, forcing an expression that might have been a smile, but looked more akin to a grimace. "I shall be going back to consolidate my information. As well, I need to obtain treatment for my hand." She forced a chuckle, lifting her gashed hand slightly, then looked at her new blue dragon companion. "Will you be coming with me, Garchomp? You can stay with the other newly-arrived."

As Tien turns away to face Uta, Garchomp's eyes settled on his jacket and the odd shape that rested on it. She listened to him speak, his hand move--subconsciously?--towards the shifting patch.

Cistina's voice calling her name made her look away from the unusual sight--though, all sights she had seen so far, starting with the moment that Palkia ripped her Cynthia away, had been new and unusual. Garchomp shook her head in response to the question. This human was in pain--her voice was betraying that as clear as day, but Garchomp was still unsure about this one. Cynthia had been her human for years, and they were, for all intents and purposes, friends. But this yellow-dressed human...

"Very well. Should you need me, my room is 237, on the second story of our base," Cistina said. Internally, her heart ached, but she pushed the feeling down, and prepared to take flight.

Png

[everything is alright] - [taking questions]

"That's alright, we can deal with that later," Twilight responded to the woman's whisper. From the urgency in Cistina's voice and the blood on her glove, Twilight had a feeling that it wasn't particularly good news that she was meaning to discuss. It would work out well to have her back for the rest of Raine's meeting... whenever that would be back in session. 

Sensing the mounting tension, Twilight cut in before Lara could have another word. From both women's responses, the pony managed to piece together what had transpired right before her arrival. "Since I'm here and there aren't particularly a lot of newcomers who have just arrived, I can take any questions directly. Whatever danger here seems to have passed and there are other agents on the way, so I won't mind explaining things here."

Twilight stepped closer to Cistina, gently wrapping a wing around the woman in yellow to hopefully calm her and help her regain control of her magic. The firm pressure and the tactile sensations of the feathers were real, unlike the terrors that she knew the woman sometimes experienced. Twilight needed to make sure that she was at least grounded on some level before she departed. "Cistina, you're safe now. Get some rest back at the castle. We're at the Gateway and everything is fine -- I can take care of the newcomers for you. And Raine has returned! You if you see her on your way back to the castle, she can tend to your wound."

Hibiki Tachibana
<Location: 1st Floor Entrance Hallway -> Observatory>
<People: Raine | Enterprise | KarDrak --> Stan>

~~

Hibiki watched as Raine did her thing, both with the white-haired woman and with the hyena in her arms. She was a healer, all right, but one who could heal wounds so quickly... Was this like all those fantasy games that had been really popular back home?

It had to be.

Raine had then asked Hibiki for a favor: get Stan and rendezvous at the infirmary-- no, rendezvous back here, since Raine was having trouble even lifting the white-haired woman when Hibiki had no problems with it. "Yeah, I can go get him!" Good thing she'd met Stan before, even if only briefly.

She was about to put the hyena down gently when it made a very sudden sound, causing her to drop it in surprise. Oops.

But, that sound... it vaguely sounded like it was telling her to let it go? Did it just...?

NAH. Couldn't have. Hyenas don't talk...

She turned to go upstairs - she wasn't about to piss someone off by jumping up and breaking several ceilings.

~

She found the observatory easy - it wasn't hard when it was just as Raine had described. The only problem now was waking Stan up...

~~

<People: Lara | Cistina | Twilight | Utakata | Grievous | Vaccaria | Garchomp | Tien>

~~

As Utakata, Lara, and Cistina spoke, Temeraire had chosen to try to take her mind off of Twilight's appearance - and try to relieve her own boredom - by shadowboxing and making sure she still had her pugilist combinations down. Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch... Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch... The most basic of combinations, but still an effective one when pulled off properly (and on an actual opponent).

"Since I'm here and there aren't particularly a lot of newcomers who have just arrived, I can take any questions directly."

Oh, good. Temeraire had just paused to take a break when she heard that. She waited as Twilight comforted Cistina before approaching a little. "Hibiki told me this already, but I just want to be certain of it... You're the leader here, right?"

YQJYrM7.gif

Stan -- Observatory

[dazed] - [has cube] - [damn, that hurt!]

After Nata's untimely appearance (the man swore, every time he saw that boy in the corner of his eye, he broke something of his) Stan thought it would be best to stay on the ground and evaluate his life choices and the very specific set of moments that led him to this point in time. At first he was a little dazed from getting hit in the head then having his head hit the floor, but at this point he was sure he was alright. He just had no rush to be anywhere now that Xander was off to help the situation -- and he was especially not in a rush to meet an angry Lara on the scene.

He heard the door open again after a good while, though, and opened a cautious eye. If he pretended he was totally out, maybe the Lumas would leave him alone? The person entering was no luma, however, and wore bright orange armor-like boots. He didn't remember any agents wearing those, so it had to be a newcomer.

Shifting his arm aside and gripping his phone in one hand, he pushed himself up and to his feet. "You know, typically newbies aren't allowed up here."

The girl at the entrance, with the orange boots, had a vaguely familiar face and the same hairclips, but totally different clothing. Stan glanced down at Natsuki, who had their head down on the table. Seemed like they and Stan had the same idea of playing dead until they were fetched.

General Grievous - Gateway

The General followed the conversations that ensued. Utakata reiterated the base tenets of his current situation for the benefit of yet more newcomers.

As always, Grievous' mind was alive with thought. There being so many people in one place meant that the XDRS must either draw on a large number of dimensions for their recruits, or that all of them were brought here. Probably both, if there were as many dimensions as he suspected.

Wouldn't it be something if there was a dimension in which I were Force-sensitive... That would be a fight I'd rather avoid.

Something circled in the air overhead. As it approached, the General could make out a four-legged creature with a long neck, flying on feathered wings. Clearly another agent, of a species that didn't exist where he was from. It spoke in a female voice, introducing itself as Twilight Sparkle, and conferred with its fellow agents.

"...man, this multiverse is WEIRD." Temeraire commented, referring to Twilight Sparkle.

"Different worlds have different biology." Grievous said, waving an open hand. "Not that we should be surprised."

As more introductions followed, the General's attention was caught by something ironically tied to his previous comment.

A great purple beast had arrived with one of the agents; a threatening monster with a long tail that stood on its hind legs, armed with pointed fins on its forelimbs.

Sensational. Is this an aquatic predator? Imagine what an army of these could do, as amphibious war beasts...

Though his curiosity was piqued, Grievous dared not step closer. He wouldn't want to cause a scene by unnecessarily threatening someone's tamed creature.

As he studied this strange animal, Twilight Sparkle mentioned she would handle questions. As it happened, there were some slight logistics that might need to be in place, were he to serve as an XDRS agent.

"Will there be accommodations made for new recruits?" The General inquired. "I have certain... Requirements, if you'd be willing to accept my service."

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Tien ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- Much better ; Lara- Trying to keep her cool ♫

~~ It's not worth it ~~

Lara has too many things to say to Cistina, especially about her cold and obviously false apology. But Twilight steps in, as she always does, and addresses all of the newcomers. Lara steps back and sighs in defeat, realizing that maybe it’s not worth picking a fight. Regardless of the situation- Cistina is hurt and needs to see someone, perhaps Raine. She doesn’t want to fight someone- physically or otherwise- someone who’s already injured. It’s never worth it. 

Temeraire addresses Twilight first, asking if she is the leader. Lara herself knows that answer, but chooses not to respond, her eyes scanning over the remaining newcomers. Grievous asks about accommodations. She wonders what Utakata and the new boy would ask, but she doesn’t want to address anyone at the moment. Keeping a blank expression, Lara watches as the newcomers get their answers, turning her cube over and over in her right hand. 

Utakata is ready to spring forward and restrain Lara, considering her body language. But the second Twilight intervenes, she relaxes, and so does he. He can sense something wrong with Cistina, especially when she addresses someone named “Cerya”. He nods, acknowledging that, at the very least, something is wrong with her. So he lets her words go, not wanting to really think of them too much. After all, nobody here is named Cerya- and regardless of who she’s addressing, her sentence made some degree of sense. He may have given the impression that he knew more than the senior agents- and while he was merely trying to express he understood Lara’s words, perhaps it was the wrong thing to say.

Oh **** well. 

He smiles at Tien, brushing the past five minutes off his shoulder. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too,” he says, “By the way,” he says, looking at the white marbled rock in the lad’s hand, “that’s a cool rock right there. Is it part of a collection or something?” He can honestly say he sees a lot of his sisters in this boy, Shizue especially. From the shy demeanor to the interest in pretty stones, his heart aches of homesickness. But like he usually does in these bouts, he keeps a gentle expression and allows it to subside. It’s not, as he always thinks to himself, something he should allow to get to him.

Edited by Mikasa361

People: Lara, Utakata, Cistina, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire, Twilight Sparkle

Tien’s gaze slipped past Utakata to wander around the others, taking a quick stock of the others at the Gateway. 

A girl with something very odd on her head punched the air, as through running through a kata. Perhaps she was an ardent. Cistina looked shaken at a sudden lecture from another woman, her expression strained in a way that Tien recognized and empathized with. He thought for a moment about going to her and asking if she was alright, but--

His gaze slipped past Cistina onto the creature beside her, still eyeing him. He wasn’t about to get close to that. 

"Will you be coming with me, Garchomp? You can stay with the other newly-arrived."

The creature--Garchomp--finally looked away from Tien and shook its head, which at least answered Tien’s unspoken question about its ability to understand people. Probably it wasn’t going to randomly attack him. Probably. Hopefully. He could take his eyes off it for a minute, anyways, Fractal would warn him. 

His gaze went back to Cistina. The woman who’d chided her stepped back as Twilight stepped closer, extending a wing around her. Tien breathed a small sigh of relief, glad that someone else was helping. It kind of reminded him of how Fractal helped him…

That left the Shardplate-creature, and...a man who had managed to stay just out of his line of sight until now, sitting on a levitating broomstick.

Tien stared at him, thought process momentarily derailed. “Fractal,” he said softly, “are you seeing this?”

"Looks like the Surge of Gravitation," Fractal buzzed. "Perhaps applied by an outside source to the broomstick, rather the human? I do not see an honorspren or highspren with him, and we have both seen very clever fabrials."

Ahh, that made sense. Tien nodded in understanding and moved on.

The Shardplate-creature was approaching Twilight, but she looked unruffled by its approach. That was good; her calmness meant that she could probably handle it, and it kept the creature’s attention away from him.

So that was everyone, and--

"Utakata is talking," Fractal informed him. 

Tien blinked, turning his gaze back to the man in time to catch the tail end of the sentence. "...that’s a cool rock right there. Is it part of a collection or something?"

"Ah--" Tien brings up his hand and opens it so he can see the rock more clearly. He hadn’t really looked when he’d picked it out. "Yeah, it is! I found this one near a quarry--" He’d been scouting the battlefield ahead of time and taken a detour to see what they were fighting over in the first place-- "the way it’s marbled looks a little bit like a parshman’s skin, right? We’re supposed to go up and fight the Parshendi eventually anyways, so I guess it’s kind of a reminder of that goal!" Not that he was really looking forward to more fighting, but you did what you had to…Tien dug his hands back into his pockets to find other rocks to show Utakata. 

Karen and Nidrak

42qbxNC.gif

Allies (?): Hibiki, Raine, Enterprise

Current Morph: Spotted Hyena, Karen

They yelped as they crashed roughly to the ground, the fall aggravating their partially-healed injuries. They scrambled to their remaining feet, whirling around and snapping their jaws shut to threaten Hibiki’s retreating form. They hadn’t expected to be dropped and left behind like that (did the girl not care for her ally’s safety? Was she that confident in the healer’s ability to protect herself?), but didn’t have the time or energy to dwell on it. 

Hibiki had left and Raine hadn’t moved, so Karen and Nidrak stared at Raine, growling, teeth bared and tail curled under their belly. What was happening? Why? Raine didn’t look like she was in a position to attack them, being busy tending to Oil Girl, but that didn’t mean that someone else wouldn’t come in. Either way, neither of them wanted to start an unnecessary fight with a free human. 

We could ask her, see what her intentions are, Nidrak suggested, unsure. 

No, let’s just leave, he replied, not bothering to articulate the multitude of reasons why he didn’t think that they should stay. It didn’t really matter, when Nidrak could feel his thoughts on the matter. 

Xe agreed and they slowly began backing away, eyes trained on Raine the entire time. When they’d decided that they’d gotten far enough away they turned and bolted, running off and purposefully avoiding the stairs. They saw an ajar door and ducked inside, finding a small closet filled with cleaning supplies. The small space was both comforting and frightening; the lack of secondary exits was concerning, but the out of the way space meant that they’d be unlikely to be interrupted in the minute it would take for them to demorph. 

They nosed the door shut, then took a few deep, shuddering breaths. It served the dual purpose of helping to calm them down and letting them smell for anyone nearby. Cleaning chemicals, dust, blood, Hibiki, Raine, Oil Girl, the stale scent of over a dozen others. A few old scents that they didn’t recognize. There wasn’t anything unexpected, really.

What now? 

Karen took another breath. Honestly? I have no idea. We’ll start by demorphing, I guess. We won’t be able to get out of here without hands, anyway. 

Nidrak gave him a nudge to start the demorphing process, clearly glad to get out of the injured body. 

Demorphing was incredibly gross and strange, but that was hardly new. When the process was completed, Karen sat down, arms resting on his knees and forehead resting on his arms. So. No idea where we are except for information that we can’t trust, there’s a good chance that the others are dead and the world’s doomed, we can’t get back home, and there’s apparently a bunch of other people (that might be violent) stuck in a similar situation. That about sum it up?

We can’t worry about all that right now, Nidrak replied. Xyr voice was shaky - even if the rest of the animorphs hadn’t known that xe existed, xe still didn’t want to think about them being dead. It hardly seemed possible, after all they’d survived. We need to decide what to do next. 

Can’t just hide in a closet forever. 

Exactly. 

Check on magic gal, then? 

Mm. 

They stood and opened the door, peeking around the corner to see if anyone was coming. Karen winced at the smudged bloody pawprints clearly leading to the closet and stepped around them. 

They returned to the room where Raine was still tending to Oil Girl. Karen briefly wished that he had external pockets to stick his hands in. “Yo, I’m lost,” he said, raising one hand in a lazy wave. “Need some help?”

Why.

Like you had a better plan. 

blood and mud in a foreign land, trying to understand

Rimuru Tempest - Travelling to another world, again

Rimuru winced as his katana was struck from his hand. He raised his hands in defeat.

“You had strong form Lord Rimuru; however, you must remember to parry at the last stroke, a rigid arm is more easily broken,” Hakurou said politely. Rimuru grimaced, his words of criticism seemed to sting more than the impact on his hand.

[Answer: That is due to your skill – Pain nullification]

Rimuru rolled his eyes, That was just a rhetorical thought Great Sage” he replied in thought.

As Rimuru went to retrieve his sword, Hakurou moved over to Gobta and the other Goblin Riders. It was definitely a good idea to utilise Hakurou's experience to train the fighters and himself. Rimuru sheathed his katana and summoned Ranga, the tempest wolf leaping out of his shadow to his side.

“Hakurou, I have other work to do for the day,” Rimuru called out as he mounted Ranga, reverting to his true form. Hakurou turned on bowed.

“Very well Lord Rimuru, I hope to see some improvement tomorrow,” the Sword Saint said. Rimuru felt a shudder run through him.

“Come on Ranga, Rigurd said there were people here to see us,” He said. The tempest wolf shot off, his long legs carrying them swiftly from the training grounds and back into the centre of the village.

As they travelled Rimuru looked at the surroundings, roads were being paved, shops and houses were being put up, all thanks to the assistance of the dwarven artisans. Perhaps he should no longer refer to it as a village, their little forest village was growing into a town.

It didn’t take long for Ranga to carry them to Rimuru's home located near the centre of town. Rimuru's mood dropped slightly as he saw the crowd awaiting him, the Goblin Lord Rigurd at its head. There had to have been several hundred goblins, most likely hearing of their village on the grapevine, and wishing to join the community. Rigurd's words quickly confirmed Rimuru's thoughts.

“My Lord! Several tribes have travelled here. They wish to join our village and be bestowed names by your grace!” He said as Rimuru arrived atop Ranga.

“How many are there?” Rimuru asked.

“A little over 350, according to Souei’s observations. What shall you do my lord?” Rigurd asked.

Rimuru’s magic sense scanned over the crowd. The small goblins were eagerly shifting about, trying to get a look at him.

“Great Sage, would I be able to name all of them?” Rimuru asked.

[Correct – however, two days rest will be required if names are given in one session]

Rimuru sighed.

Okay! Step up. Your name shall be, Tamago. And you will be, uhh, Tomaygo…

Rimuru proceeded to name all the remaining goblins; but as usual, he fell into a deep sleep. But when he awoke, he wasn’t in his bed. He was laying on dirt, with open sky above him. Ranga, who would usually be lying next to him during his rest, was nowhere to be seen. Rimuru focused his magic-sense into the immediate surroundings; several humans, what appeared to be a golem, or an insectoid monster with a metal carapace, and a winged unicorn (?), were grouped not so far from him.

“Great sage, where are we?” Rimuru asked his internal helper.

[Unknown – the surrounding area matches nowhere in the forest of Jura, nor any of the territory that has been traversed, caution is advised]

“Hmm, it’s happened again. Though this time I’ve kept my body, and I don’t think I died this time either. The last thing I recall was handing out names to new inhabitants, and we had been prepping for conflict with the orcs. Perhaps the group there are mages who summoned me, like Shizue. Great Sage, is there any curse of obedience placed on me?”

[Negative, there are zero changes to you and your body]

“Well then, I guess I should figure out what’s happening,” Rimuru concluded. He began to move closer to the group, squidging along across the ground. His human form was armed, so it would be best to stay the unassuming slime for the moment.

“Hello! Was I summoned here by you? Are you demon lords?” Rimuru called out. None of them had even noticed he’d arrived yet, so he was having his doubts about the nature of his summoning; but it was best to get the direct questions out of the way first.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

People: Lara, Utakata, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire, Twilight Sparkle, Rimuru

"....and this one’s from--"

"Hello! Was I summoned here by you? Are you demon lords?"

Tien startled at the new voice, almost dropping his rock as he spun to see who’d spoken. Then he blinked in confusion. Nothing was there…?

His gaze traveled downwards and landed on a small blue blob. Tien cocked his head. Was that what had spoken? He supposed it must have been. Fractal buzzed curiously and started to move away to investigate.

Tien tapped his foot quickly on her pattern as she reached the ground. "Stay close," he said softly.

"I’ll be back in two heartbeats if you need me," she promised.

Tien nodded slightly and turned back to Utakata as Fractal darted away to speak to the blob. 

"Hello," Fractal said, raising herself from the ground to become a complicated three-dimensional shape. "We did not summon you, nor are we demons. We were pulled away from our own world. So far as I understand, this is the case for everyone here. I am called Fractal; I am a Cryptic. Who and what are you? What world do you come from?"

Edited by Pachimew

latest?cb=20170616021520

Raine -- Front Hall

[who's this?] - [sorry, i'm a little busy]

“Need some help?”

Raine lifted her eyes at the voice, startled for a brief second, then shifted her attention back to the injured girl. Right -- it took a while to get used to the multiverse again. She could no longer read others' presences based solely on mana signature; too many beings didn't emit mana at all. 

"Nothing you can assist me with at the moment, no," Raine replied without looking up. The person who claimed he was lost appeared to be a fit human male with no distinguishing features or visible weapons, arriving from a direction inside the castle. Evidently, no one had intercepted him yet or explained the situation to him, so asking him to do anything would be a waste of time. 

~~~

Png

[giving the Talk] - [taking questions]

"Hibiki told me this already, but I just want to be certain of it... You're the leader here, right?"

"Will there be accommodations made for new recruits? I have certain... Requirements, if you'd be willing to accept my service."

“Hello! Was I summoned here by you? Are you demon lords?”

"Yes," Twilight confirmed. "I am the founder of the eXtra-Dimensional Restoration Squad, and I lead the organization with the help of King Xander. Our job is to resolve anomalies happening in the multiverse."

Glad that people were beginning to open up with questions instead of immediately jumping at each other's throats again, the pony continued, addressing everyone with her answers. "Recruits?" she replied to the cyborg creature, then spoke to the rest of the group. "You don't have to stay and work with us if you don't want to. You haven't been summoned by us. The Gateway is designed to pull existing anomalies towards it, so we probably prevented you from getting dropped elsewhere in the multiverse and landing somewhere dangerous. That is, it is very fortunate that you survived the jump! Everyone, if we find your way home, you're free to return to your world."

"But, if you want to help our cause, you're welcome to do that too. When worlds begin to mix like this, the results are often wild an unpredictable, leading some worlds to twist, change, or vanish completely. This behavior causes worlds to scatter its people and places into other worlds, creating a chain reaction that destabilizes them in turn. We, the XRDS, are actively trying to stop this by putting everything back in its place."

"Whether or not you chose to stay and help us, there will be rooms provided during your time here. We'll see what we can do about your requirements," Twiliight concluded, nodding to Grievous. "What would they be?"

<Status: Stable; content>

~~

It wasn't too hard to tell that this was Temeraire's first time in a world other than her own, but she had to admit, Grievous had a point. For all she knew, there existed a world where the Primals were benevolent beings.

Wouldn't that be the day.

Temeraire listened intently as Twilight spoke, a little surprised that this Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad had more than one leader. It seemed this group worked more like Ul'dah's Syndicate; here was to hoping it didn't have rampant greed-based corruption in the leadership, as well.

...yet hearing that the Gateway was designed to pull anomalies towards it made Temeraire absolutely thrilled for some gods-forsaken reason. It meant the Mothercrystal wasn't behind this, after all - whether Temeraire chose to stay and help, or go back to Eorzea, was entirely her own choice.

Better enjoy this while I can. It'll take some getting used to, being outside of Eorzea, but...

"Oh, you'd better bet that colorful tail of yours that I'm gonna stay and help out, Twilight. Helpin' people who need it is kind of my thing."

~~

Hibiki Tachibana
<Location: Observatory>
<People: Stan | Natsuki>

~~

"You know, typically newbies aren't allowed up here."

Hibiki sighed, resisting the urge to apologize - this was kind of important. "I'll remember that for the future, but one of your friends wants you downstairs, Stan-san. I didn't catch her name, but she's got white hair and orange clothes, if that helps."

General Grievous - Gateway

The Kaleesh's attention towards the great beast was redirected when Twilight Sparkle answered his questions.

Recruits? You don't have to stay and work with us if you don't want to. You haven't been summoned by us. The Gateway is designed to pull existing anomalies towards it, so we probably prevented you from getting dropped elsewhere in the multiverse and landing somewhere dangerous. That is, it is very fortunate that you survived the jump! Everyone, if we find your way home, you're free to return to your world."

For just a moment, the Supreme Commander  of the Droid Armies, felt the gaze of the universe itself upon him. He trembled for a moment.

... She talks as if she didn't even build the Gateway. That essentially means the universe itself wanted me to be here.

Then, he smiled beneath his cold mask.

Ha... Fate has chosen me for this task.

"But, if you want to help our cause, you're welcome to do that too. When worlds begin to mix like this, the results are often wild an unpredictable, leading some worlds to twist, change, or vanish completely. This behavior causes worlds to scatter its people and places into other worlds, creating a chain reaction that destabilizes them in turn. We, the XRDS, are actively trying to stop this by putting everything back in its place."

This additional information confirmed what the General suspected already: his own dimension was in no habitable state at the moment. Whether it could recover at all, none could say, only reinforcing his decision.

"Whether or not you chose to stay and help us, there will be rooms provided during your time here. We'll see what we can do about your requirements," Twiliight concluded, nodding to Grievous. "What would they be?"

Thoughtful for another moment, Grievous considered the barest minimums for his survival aloud.

"I'll need a medical technician, to help me maintain my health. Replacement parts too, just in case."

"And a sparring partner. I'll have to stay sharp if we're defending the universe."

While it seemed trivial compared to the other concerns, he actually considered this request the most important. If he were to be in combat against anything the universe could have concocted, he'd need to be stronger than he was. This was beyond battling the Jedi.

"Have you got anyone who can keep up with me?" The General added, with a hint of amusement.

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Tien, Rimuru ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- More focused on the little brother and the food ; Lara- Intrigued ♫

~~ Two entirely different priorities ~~

Utakata blinks when he sees some weird looking pattern fly towards the new androgynous addition to the gateway. He raises an eyebrow at them, unsure as to if he could really be surprised anymore. Although seeing a two-dimensional pattern become some strange three-dimensional shape…. Really seems to take the cake here. He glances over at Tien and nods his head in the direction of the source of his puzzlement. 

Hey, Tien, what is that?” 

He also takes note of the sudden rush of questions towards Twilight. The newcomer just has no idea what happened to them- he could relate to that one. Temeraire makes a comment of how willing she is to go out there and help, how it’s her ‘thing’. Grievous asks about medical maintenance and a sparring partner, to which he immediately shakes his head. No, he really doesn’t like sparring with people he’s unfamiliar with, especially if they don’t look in any way human. He thinks about these rather useful questions.

However. 

He only has one question for her. 

....What is the kitchen like at base?

What is the kitchen like at base?

The devil? Like that’s a bloody dealbreaker. She snorts at Utakata’s rather random question. Of course they have a nice kitchen, but with people such as Raine on base, she often wonders why exactly they even have it. 

She perks up when she had realized what Grievous had asked Twilight.. She’d been looking for some new opponents as of late, although she had a bit of trouble finding the right person to train with. Lara straightens out her back and tosses her hair behind her, ignoring for now the fact that she completely forgot to braid her hair back because of everything that happened after her talk in Stan’s room. She ignores the little flutter in her heart when she thinks about it, and focuses on Grievous. 

What kind of sparring are we talking?

Edited by Mikasa361

Rimuru Tempest - Pondering his options

Rimuru wondered if his magic sense was playing upon him; as the first one to respond to his query appeared to be a mass of squiggly lines.

Yo great sage. Am I seeing this right? Is that a ball of lines?” Rimuru asked his all-knowing sage.

[There are no abnormalities in magic sense’s use]

“Wow… there are some weird creatures here,” Rimuru concluded

“Hi. I’m Rimuru the slime, Rimuru Tempest. I’m from The Forest of Jura” He responded, his little slime body stretching to mimic a waving hand.

Rimuru’s gaze shifted to the winged unicorn as she began to explain the situation.
“Hmm, as Fractal said, they aren’t Demon lords… That makes sense. If this is another world, and it’s the world that’s doing the summoning not an individual” He thought to himself.

If his world was experiencing problems and he was summoned here to save him; he had no other choice but to stick around. If he didn’t want to get bored, helping would be the best solution. At the end of her speech, she began to address the insectoid’s requests.

A sparring partner? Was he training as well? Rimuru couldn’t see a sword hanging from his side; though his metal exoskeleton looked more than capable of holding out in a fight. Shortly after his declaration, the attractive British woman responded to him. She definitely worked out, Rimuru thought; noting her toned stomach and legs. It seemed like she was also keen for a sparring partner.

“Umm, if by sparring you mean training. I had been practicing under a sword instructor prior to my transportation here. Would you be able to accommodate me?” Rimuru asked the insectoid.

Karen and Nidrak

DSXkXNG.gif

Allies (?): Raine, Enterprise

Current Morph: Karen

Surprise, irritation. He hadn’t expected to just be brushed off like that, and it rubbed him the wrong way. “I know some first aid,” he said, crossing his arms. “She looks- huh.”

From a closer vantage point, he was able to see that the girl wasn’t bleeding as much as the depth of the wounds suggested. More importantly, tubing, wires, and metal plating crossed through her flesh. “I don’t actually think they covered that.” 

He was still annoyed (let it go) (says you), but, well, maybe it wasn’t something as simple as applying some pressure or pinching an artery shut. Clearly Raine had a lot more important things to deal with than him, but something almost felt… off.

Because you aren’t the center of attention?

Shut up. 

So yes. 

No, seriously, don’t you find it weird that something strange is happening and we weren’t immediately caught up in a life-or-death struggle or found some Yeerk plot or something?

...Huh. 

Natsuki

bxaBa3J.gif
Allies: Hibiki, Stan, Raine, Enterprise, Kardrak

Natsuki sat with their forehead against the cool wood of the table. Unusually for them, for the moment they weren’t thinking of all of the things that they had to accomplish. Stan was lying on the floor, but he was just being dramatic. Probably. The Gateway would be fine with Xander taking care of it, and Natsuki didn’t particularly want to be around Xander at the moment. They knew it was cowardly, and they hated themself for it, but making Xander upset felt different from making other superiors upset. Instead of fear and a drive to do better, it was as if there was a crushing weight on their heart, telling them to curl up and hide. Inconvenient, unhelpful. Useless emotions interfering with the job again. 

Perhaps they should have followed Raine, but it was too late now, wasn’t it? 

As they were indulging in lamenting their situation they heard armored footsteps. Too light and quick to be Xander. They turned their head to the side to see, bleary, then shot upright. A faint tinge of pink dusted their cheeks at being caught in such an unprofessional position. “White hair and orange clothes?” they said, straight to business, unaware that their hair had become even more mussed up than it usually was. “I’ll come with you, in case she needs more help.” 

Did that sound too eager? They weren’t too eager, they just needed to do something. Even if a few seconds ago they’d wanted nothing more than to just lie on the table. 

Not waiting for a response, they strode out of the room and down the stairs. The girl hadn’t said anything about why Raine needed Stan, so they didn’t expect to see blood smeared across the floor or Raine kneeling next to an unconscious girl. Their eyes widened, and for a brief moment a shot of fear went through them. Cold rain and blood on their skin, dark stone and slick plants, fire and blood and darkness. Their fingers twitched towards their radio, but the heavy weight was missing. Sveta wasn’t coming.

They pushed away the images, bothered by their intrusion. The situations weren’t similar at all. They willed shots of drugs to flow into their system and the world clarified, stilled. They took in the scene before them as they rushed towards Raine, letting it chase away the remainder of the flashback. 

Dark fluid, revealed to be oil by scent, smeared bloody paw prints leading away, Stan and the girl not being behind them anymore. The girl’s injuries were partially healed, but they could see cut wires and tubing beneath her skin. That was what Raine needed Stan for, then, like how she couldn’t always heal Natsuki themself alone. 

“What’s her status?” Natsuki asked as soon as they were close enough, ignoring the slightly irritated young man standing nearby. He wouldn’t be any help with this.

Edited by Zor

People: Lara, Utakata, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire, Twilight Sparkle, Rimuru

"Hey, Tien, what is that?" 

Tien froze. He shouldn’t have been surprised, really, he wasn’t very subtle, but he couldn't help the automatic worry that clenched at his chest. "That’s, um, uh…" Swallow hard, take a deep breath, get your bearings, he told himself. There are stranger things than Fractal, and nobody knows what she means. "That’s Fractal," he said out loud. "She’s...she’s my friend." Yes, that was a good way to describe her. Simple, evasive, and true. 

Twilight started to speak, and Tien turned to listen. 

"You don't have to stay and work with us if you don't want to." He let out a small sigh of relief. Cistina had already said that, but it was good to have it confirmed anyways. "That is, it is very fortunate that you survived the jump! Everyone, if we find your way home, you're free to return to your world." Fortunate, huh? Less reassuring, but still. He had made it. And he was free to return...though Tien didn’t like that ‘if.’

"When worlds begin to mix like this, the results are often wild and unpredictable, leading some worlds to twist, change, or vanish completely. This behavior causes worlds to scatter its people and places into other worlds, creating a chain reaction that destabilizes them in turn. We, the XRDS, are actively trying to stop this by putting everything back in its place."

...Oh. That didn’t sound good. That was a vast understatement, obviously, but Tien didn’t think he could actually handle thinking about the larger implications of returning home to find that the world had changed; or worse yet, of never being able to return home at all--

No. No no no. Tien squeezed the rock he’d been about to show Utakata. He couldn’t let that happen. If he was here, that meant his world was already destabilizing. He didn’t want to go home if it was in the middle of self-destructing--he wanted familiarity, storms did he, but he wanted safety and to live more. 

He could stay. He could stay and help until he was sure his world wouldn’t fall apart. And Fractal would be happy to have new places to explore.

Tien breathed deeply, nodding to himself. He could do that. He could. 

~~

"Hi. I’m Rimuru the slime, Rimuru Tempest. I’m from The Forest of Jura."

"It is a pleasure to meet you," Fractal said. She buzzed curiously as the little creature--slime, it had said--formed a small appendage to wave. Fascinating. Could Rimuru mold its whole body like that? What was a world that provided for such an evolution even like? Oh, there were so many things to ask… 

It seemed like all of them would have to wait, however. Twilight Sparkle was speaking, and Rimaru seemed more interested in her speech. Fractal supposed that was fair. Rimuru approached the Shardplate-creature, and Fractal decided to return to Tien for now. She had questions, yes, but she wanted to discuss things with Tien first. Convince him to stay long enough for her to ask them.

Conveniently, he’d already decided that he would.