TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

Name: Utakata and Lara 

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria ♫

♫ Support: ? ♫

♫ Status: Lara- Soaked and a bit angry ; Utakata- Relieved about the fire but fearing Lara will kill him ♫

~~ Where's the [de]escalator when you need it? ~~

Lara is rather impressed with this man’s graceful landing despite the cat girl’s attempt to get him to crash. She’s also impressed at how easily he extinguished the flames- and without soaking her, she thinks to herself as she give the man in the kimono a glare. Said man raises his hands in defense, as if to say “hey. Not my fault” to which she would call a load of bull.

Lara sighs. It’s not worth it.

Alright,” she prepares to say when the man asks her to explain. “So I should start with where we are. This is the Gateway to the Starry Skies. I doubt that would be familiar, but this planet is the home base to the eXtra Dimensional Restoration Squad, or XDRS. That castle back there,” she adds as she gestures to the castle, “is our base of operations as well as our living space. So first and foremost, welcome. My name is Lara Croft, but please just call me Lara. I’m one of the senior agents here, although as I’ve stated to the others, I don’t rank particularly high. But anyway, it’s a pleasure to have you here.Despite the fire.

As for what we do. I’ll explain it as concisely as I possibly can, but there’s a whole bloody multiverse out there. Many different worlds, some of which are acknowledged as fiction in others. What we do is go to these different worlds and bring back items that don’t belong there and that affect the world they’re currently in- we call these anchors- and we make sure these worlds don’t get destroyed. ...There’s a bit more to it than that, but that’s the gist of it. Many of us came here by surprise. Some of us willingly tagged along. You’ll find there’s an interesting mix of agents here. But it’s your choice if you wish to stay.” Lara sighs and takes a breath- when was the last time she took a proper breath? Ah well, that’s basically the gist of what they do.

It’s at this point that she realizes she completely forgot to hang up. “ **** .“ At that point she hangs up the communicator. “They’ll be here shortly, I assume. Anyway this,” she says as she holds the cube up, “is a little communication device that we agents use to contact each other. It has a few different functions- including calling, radar to track things down, and a small teleporter to send small objects to someone else. So…. Er… Yeah.

Lara then turns to the man in the kimono. “And for you....

Utakata’s eyes widen. The woman makes an advance as if she’s going to punch him. “W-whoa, what did I--” He ducks and Lara moves forward and falls to the ground. It seems her lack of sobriety at this moment has caught up to her. Good. He makes the hand signs again- Dragon. Tiger. Hare. “Water Style- Raging waves.”

Lara is again soaked with a giant wave of water. She coughs violently and looks up at him with a death glare, giving him a rude gesture. Who the devil gave him the right to splash her when she was down?

The brunette clears her throat. “Anyway,” she says as she coughs, “Why don’t we properly introduce ourselves.” She glares at Utakata. “Care to go first, you daft git?

Utakata,” he says with a smirk. “And shall I call you a wet rag from now on?

......Seafoam? Who the devil named you?” Utakata glares at her.

I’m sorry, am I the one on the ground right now?

Lara grumbles a few obscene words and looks away. She's in no state to be fighting someone right now. 

Edited by Mikasa361

2400709b525471d0545110cc42056842.png [ vaccaria ; -- add. 0 ; for. h. t. l. u. g. ]

-- no spells in use.  ]

a tiny flame, planted carefully

wilts elegantly to the frost

a tiny herb, grown peacefully

welcomes the coming dawn.

--

It is a lot of information to take in at one time, and the sheer amount gives Vaccaria pause. Admittedly, he does not have any valid reason for disbelieving the woman's explanation -- he was, after all, the one that had attacked without thinking -- but it still seems hard to believe.

Lara. That is her name, yes, and he will do well to remember it. It is a strange one, a single word, nothing like the titles and glory he is used to, and he squints at her from behind the safety of the brim of his hat for a second. What truth lay in her words? It was impossible to tell, but regardless ... 

A multiverse, in which it was their mission to stop further destruction.

Vaccaria sighs heavily. He has nothing to do with this, and it is not the kind of mission he used to -- he has one goal and only one: to protect the members of his guild that he holds dear. To suddenly be dragged into unfamiliar land by a higher hand, and given a humanitarian mission ... though it seems hard to believe as a prank, he is half inclined to feign ignorance and do so anyway.

But that is not him, and not who he aspires to be. Briefly closing his eyes, Vaccaria takes time to think.

Before he can think of a suitable response, however, his attention is drawn by the sound of water, and he opens his eyes just in time to see a wave of water crash down on Lara. Slightly concerned, Vaccaria moves his fingers along the edge of Stardust Exterminator, shifting his mount upwards to avoid his cloak from being splattered with water. Was the man not her ally?

Utakata. That is his name, from his introduction, and he accompanies it with a quick tease in her general direction. Confused, the Witch looks between the two of them -- are they friends, or foe?

"I am Vaccaria," he introduces. "The First Witch." A hand comes up to the brim of his hat, and he tips it slightly in the direction of the two as a hello. So, was everyone in the organization familiar with one another, then?

He spares a quick glance backwards, wondering where the cat girl that had previously launched herself at him had gone. Was she an ally, too? And what of the two that had been here previous, spirited away by the young girl that had transformed?

This guild really is strange, he thinks to himself, musing on this for a brief second. Ah, right -- 

"What is the EXP gain," he asks, "for saving the multiverse?" Blinking, Vaccaria waits for a response. There must be a reason why they do what they do, right? 

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria ♫

♫ Support: ???  ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- qwifgpiwgbiowehf ; Lara- ? u ok cuz? ♫

~~ EXP boost? ~~

Vaccaria. It’s a hell of a name, Utakata thinks to himself. Then again, he’s already hearing names that come from tongues unfamiliar to his own. It’s odd. He nods, though, out of courtesy.

It’s good to meet you, Vaccaria. Just so you know she was about to punch me, so she kind of deserved that.” Lara glares at him in response.

Well it’s a pleasure to finally know your name so I don’t stick to calling you ******. Now I can just call you Bubble Boy.” Utakata snorts.

Actually, not gonna lie, that’s accurate. Just watch me fight sometime.” He smirks at her and chuckles when he sees the look on her face. “Don’t make it so fun to piss you off and I won’t do it.” Lara rolls her eyes and looks back at Vaccaria, getting back to her feet and regaining her composure,

A-anyway…. You said something about an EXP gain? I…. I’m not sure if there is one….. Is there? Sometimes we do get rewarded, though…. Usually it just…. Keeps the multiverse in check. Which is good in the event there’s an enemy that hops around worlds and tries to destroy multiple worlds...” She shifts her weight and takes a minute to think about that. “I don’t even think about experience points that way.” Utakata looks at her as if her braid suddenly started floating and slithering around like a snake. Actually, he’d either freak out of burst out laughing if he saw that. Either way, his eyebrows knit together.

Lara, what the hell is an EXP gain?” Lara chuckles.

Usually we discuss EXP in certain games where you get stronger by gaining levels. Like Dungeons and Dragons, or similar games. Although you’d have no idea what that is.

Nope.

Precisely. ….Perhaps I’ll gather a group and run a game sometime, it’s quite fun--- Er. I mean. Or… Not.” Lara seems quite embarrassed at her sudden burst of dorky behavior. It’s amusing, but it doesn’t get more than a sarcastic snort from Utakata.

Well, anyway. I’m not sure if there’s a medic on the way…?” He feels that wave of exhaustion return to him. “Or just a bed? Maybe I’ll heal up faster if I get some rest.

I….. I mean, if we all wish to go to the castle, I suppose that’s alright? Although….. I did call a fellow agent, I don’t want to confuse him with too many updates.” Utakata doesn’t comment on the sudden blush that covers her cheeks when she thinks about this other agent, or the sudden change in posture. He chooses not to react to that. It’s something he’s seen on girls before, some of which when they were talking to him. But he knows better. He knows the tells by now that it’s definitely not him, much to his relief. Then again, those women had gotten to know him better…. Only one who tolerated him even when he was acting like his usual self was...

Hotaru.

His jaw clenches. Is she alright? Does she know by now that he’s not coming back? Did she follow his instructions? Is she in the Mist, safe? Did they shut her out? ….None of that could be possible yet, could it? He hadn’t been gone that long….

Hotaru, there’s something I need you to do in the event something goes wrong.

“Hm? What’s that?” She asks as he hands her a slip of paper.

That’s the house number. If something goes wrong, if something happens to me, I need you to go to this house in the Hidden Mist. Tell them that something happened and I’m not okay. Tell them I’m your master. They’ll take you in.I hope, he thinks to himself.

“Who are these people, Master Utakata?”

My…” He feels a squeezing in his chest. “My family. They’ll take you in, I’m sure of that. If the Mist is alright with me returning to them…. I’m sure my mother would convince my father to allow you to stay as long as you need. Alright? Promise me?

“I promise.”

….Damn. He really hopes she’ll make it there safely.

Edited by Mikasa361

DyzpgTs.png

Cistina - Floaroma Town [...?]

[distortions] - [where in the worlds is Cistina?]

As they set off, Garchomp attempted to nudge Cistina. The pokemon held a small, white cube between its teeth as gently as it could manage, dropping it into her hands when prompted. WIth the object returned, the pokemon fell back into step at the front of the group, crouching low and taking its place as a force that threatened away any wild pokemon.

Cistina was startled as the creature nudged her, but it--her cube?! Cistina blinked and looked down to check her belt before remembering she had it in her hand when she had gotten caught in the warp. I must have dropped it when I fell. And the reptile…. Cistina held out a hand and as she received the cube and it moved to cover their backs, felt her unease at it settle a little.

The trees and tall grass thinned as the two women made their way down the path. A large wooden arch in the distance marked the entrance to Floaroma Town, and through that lay a collection of modest wooden houses clustered to one side. Beyond them, the ground was filled with flowers cultivated in patches of all colors, growing so densely that it was difficult to see the ground beneath them. The pleasant aroma of flowers -- for which the town was named -- became thicker as they approached.

Cistina took a deep breath of the scent, evidently enjoying it after the haze-filled skies of the other world.

Cynthia led her guest past the town gate and to a building with a red roof and a pokeball insignia on its front. The league-sponsored pokemon center, as standard in every settlement.

Inside, she waved to the nurse at the counter but did not end up using their healing services. Instead, she headed toward the tables and chairs set out for trainers who wanted to wait or simply hang around. The pokemon center itself wasn't too busy, she noted. While this place was a tourist destination and a node between two official routes, most trainers only stopped here briefly.

Cistina followed, looking at the nurse working behind the counter momentarily before taking a seat across from the black-clad Cynthia. Now how to broach her topic…?

"The people who live in this town either make their living in cultivation or through work at the nearby ironworks," Cynthia said as she sat down. She broke the silence first. "It is said that this hill used to be entirely barren. Nothing could grow in the polluted earth, but despite that, the townspeople attempted to grow flowers to brighten up the town. They showed gratitude in what little nature they could bring to their lives and, legends say, a mythical pokemon sensed their desires and good hearts. With its power, the pokemon blessed the land and the town erupted in flowers instantly -- as a result, the ground here is one of the most fertile spots in the region. In honor of that pokemon, people here still gift each other bouquets of Gracidea flowers to express gratitude."

Cistina nodded as Cynthia finished her story. Pokemon here are no mere companions to be kept, it appears. There are those who are like the divine. Cistina filed the information in her mind, seeing that the other woman had moved her satchel. Curious.

She reached into her satchel and slipped out a folder that was half an inch thick. Messy papers were barely contained within it. Notes and photographs peeked out of the edges. "Sorry, that was a little tangent of mine," Cynthia added with a smile. "I study myths. There always seems to be more than a grain of truth behind them... But enough about me. What brings you here?"

It was an opening… But as far as Cistina could tell, this woman was openminded enough to at least accept her announcement as a possibility. “I will to admit my coming here as an accident,” Cistina answered. “The very reason why I am sitting here also had, unfortunately, made me prone to getting swept up in waves of instability in the fabric of the worlds.” She tried to bring to mind the theorizing by other agents on the matter, but she could only remember piecemeal conversations. It was not a subject she had actively pursuited. Abandoning the line of thought, Cistina looked down to the thick folder, then back up. “For now, you had mentioned a conundrum that I may be of assistance with?” And in addition, if she helped, perhaps she could better drum up the trust needed to believe a wild tale of “The existence of your entire world is tied to some artifacts that, as soon as they are removed, puts the integrity of it into jeopardy.” Cistina could mentally see telling that to her father and sisters, would fare poor if she wished to be believed, much less the Cardinal. She looked down at the folder again, frowning as she let herself be lost in her thoughts momentarily. How were they doing…? Would they be safe? How was the status of her world since she had been brought against her will to the Gateway a year ago?

Cynthia, admittedly, was a little disappointed that this woman didn't seem to have come here with a specific purpose. In the end, that was probably a good thing... Otherwise Cistina would quickly have Garchomp's blades at her neck. "There are others like you -- from other worlds -- here in this region, but I am led to believe that not all of them are here by mistake like you are. Which leads to this."

At the woman’s words, Cistina blinked herself back to the present, eyes narrowing. Other travelers? What could they want here?

She held the folder between her fingers and fanned through them, picking out a sheet. On the page were photocopied sketches of almost robotic looking creatures, artist's interpretations and Cynthia's own notes about possible reconstructions. There were three main shapes and they appeared to be monsters -- pokemon -- with sharp edges and claws, one built like a long necked deer, the second a dragon with pauldrons and fans for wings, and the third a serpentine form with many legs.  "These are the gods of creation of this region and presumably everything else. Myths are born from truths, so I do believe that these beings exist somewhere, in this world, and together hold the incredible over the fabric of reality.

"Initially I had assumed that these dimensional anomalies originated from these three pokemon, but from my research it appears that it was the inverse all along. Time and space aren't breaking and summoning strangers because these legendary pokemon are causing trouble; time and space were shattered already, allowing strangers in who are hunting for them."

Cistina’s eyes widened. She had figured that out without personally seeing other worlds? Incredible! Her second thought was the abrupt realization that strangers who are already able to teleport here by design were likely not the people that they wanted to have divine controllers of any reality on their side.

The pokemon trainer put two fingers to her cheek and gave a small smile. "I don't know if you would have any information about any of this or who might be hunting them. But I am convinced that whoever is doing so is just as new to this world as you are." Cynthia narrowed her eyes, crossing her fingers in front of her lips. "And so -- me and Garchomp are working to put and end to whoever is disturbing the pokemon, before it's too late."

“There are many people who’ve been traveling across worlds, but I do not believe we know any other organizations,” Cistina answered slowly. But organization or not, these people who are mettling obviously have a plan in mind. Nobody simply visits a world repeatedly for no reason, especially not one possessing god-beasts who have dominion over reality. “Nevertheless, I shall assist you to the best of my ability,” Cistina paused. “If you have need of me or the people I am affiliated with, of course.

She studied the images more closely, musing to herself that they appeared like no god she had ever heard of before. In fact, they were closer to the magewyrms of yore…. Actually, she heard stories of the gods before in their war--Cistina stiffened at a sudden thought; She had felt a divine force in the back of her mind since she had arrived. What if that is because whoever these interlopers are, they are already close to their goal?

“Have the movements of these people been tracked?” Cistina asked cautiously. She subconsciously played with the cube in her hands. If so, she might have to return as quickly as possible--No, but she had sworn to help Cynthia first… Which would be easier had you made mention of your attunement to the divine earlier, you airhead. “You know I am not of your world...” she began, trailing off slightly as she thought of what to say. “Many things are surprisingly compatible between the worlds of the multiverse, such as technology. Powers that some may describe as “magic” would also be such, and from mine own, I possess the ability to commune with things of a divine nature. And since the moment I had arrived, I had sensed a manner of disquiet to the East. Supposing these people are after the powers of your gods, could it be that they had already sped away on the Chariot--pardon. That they had already discovered methods that will enable them to do what you are attempting to prevent them from doing?”    

Impossible! They would have already left?! If the revelation weren't so dire, Cynthia might have found this woman's use of archaic sayings quite amusing. Her expression darkened. "I fear that it could be too late then, like you say, but I can only hope that those pokemon have simply fled or are currently lying dormant to avoid detection. If technology is compatible, they wouldn't even need pokeballs, or even the red chains..."

"I haven't been able to catch up to who has been personally responsible, though I have been chasing sightings of otherworldly people for the past six weeks. One such man is blond, in blue, and has control over ice -- but I am inclined to believe that he is not personally responsible for the disappearance of the legends. His movements were too unfocused, as if he were searching for something as well. Initially I wanted to question him to see what he knew, but if you are correct..."

Cynthia closed her eyes. "The next step for me, therefore, is to track them down, if they have already escaped this world, even if it means that I will have to leave this world myself."

Cistina nodded, expression serious. “May the Chariot be--” her blessing was cut off as she spun around, sensing a sudden pressure that built up in a place that was simultaneously next to them and nowhere--at least, nowhere in this world. A distortion?! No, this is no mere distortion! Cistina tensed up and jumped from her chair, but not soon enough.

An awful tearing sound split the air. Garchomp immediately jumped to its feet, scales raised and teeth bared. Half the pokemon center was suddenly simply gone -- its space entirely scraped away as if it were wet sand scooped out from a sandcastle. Air rushed in to fill in the vacuum, scattering the pages within Cynthia's file. A rift in the earth replaced what was formerly part of the building, splitting their table cleanly in half. Cynthia herself was nowhere to be seen in the void.

Beyond, outside, a tall pearlescent dragon breathed out, claws and eyes still glowing pink with power.

Cistina didn’t stop to stare at the beast when her feet finally hit the ground. Cynthia was gone--she could only pray that the other woman was unscathed--but the draconic companion she had was still here, looking around wildly. Her heart racing, Cistina grabbed the documents that remained and tucked it under the arm she was holding the cube in, flinching as the dragon--the god--screeched in anger.

There was a blurred movement to her side, and she turned in time to see Garchomp fly at the divine wyrm, a glowing force of raw, immense power surrounding it. Cistina eyed the other pages and kicked off, forcing the winds around her to calm as she flew towards Cynthia’s companion. Some sense in her seemed to pull at the winds to swirl around her, letting her catch a couple more pages--KRRRSHHH!

Garchomp smashed into the divine wyrm with so much force, Cistina felt a shockwave ripple past her. For a moment, Cistina felt a stab of shock as the divine wyrm recoiled back, but it righted itself soon enough, looking none the worst for the strike, and with another eerie roar, the pearlescent rises on its shoulders started rippling and glowing with power that coursed through its arm. Garchomp moved, likely realizing the imminent attack, but the divine wyrm’s slash seemed to cut the very distance between them, and Garchomp was flung back by the… Blow? How could she even describe what she just saw?

Cistina changed course towards Garchomp soon after, but it didn’t take an expert to read the draconic creature’s posture as it righted itself.

“No!” she exclaimed. Garchomp looked at her, anger in its eyes. “Cynthia could still be safe!” She risked a glance at the divine wyrm and saw ginormous pearls(?!) surrounding it, spinning with an ominous violet energy. “Come with me!” She was almost at the dragon, and she reached her free hand out, pressing her thumb tightly to the surface of the cube. “We may be able to find her!

Garchomp looked over at the divine wyrm and seemed to make a decision. For her part, Cistina felt the sheer power gathered in those pearls intensifying when the divine wyrm gave another ringing roar and the sensation they were giving off grew even more severe. Garchomp reached a claw out and Cistina grabbed it, nevermind how it broke her skin, and released her hold on the button.

There was a blink and they disappeared, mere moments before the meteoric pearls bombarded their location.

Cistina noted to herself that she should probably stop doing teleports when flying.

A small grace was that she didn't end up careening straight into the outer stone covering of the Gateway or the ground this time, just upside-down and inches away from smashing face-first into one of the Gateway's big stone pillars before she stopped. There was a smooth twisting sensation in her hand and she turned her head a little to see to Garchomp right-side up, looking at her rather crossly--not that she blamed it--and so she let go of the dragon's claw, wincing slightly as she moved her hand. Maybe she could have been more careful. But on the other hand, "more careful" could have led to them getting caught in what that divine wyrm was going to annihilate them with.... Cistina shivered as she righted herself. Was that one of the gods that Cynthia talked of? It certainly appeared so....

Behind her, Garchomp gave a snarl and she briefly started until a burning smell hit her and she made a face. As she landed on the dais, clenching the folder tightly to her side, she looked around to see not only a fair amount of other people, but also a large puddle of black substance,, large scorch marks, frozen spots, and water everywhere on the grass--Wait, is that a puddle of blood!? Cistina stepped forward and looked around. Lara she recognized, but not anyone else... All newcomers? How many was that now? They seemed to be mostly paying attention to Lara too, and nobody seemed to be hurting each other right at this very moment...

“Will someone provide an explanation as to what happened here?” she asked. “I will be willing to listen to anyone, even if you are someone who had only just arrived. 

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Cistina ♫

♫ Support: ???  ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- Jaw clenched ; Lara- Ready to explain it all ♫

~~ See, what had happened was... ~~

“Will someone provide an explanation as to what happened here? I will be willing to listen to anyone, even if you are someone who had only just arrived.”

Lara sighs. While she’s thankful Cistina has returned, and safely, she’s come at a rather difficult time. Still. It’s nice for Lara to see a familiar face, one of a fellow senior agent. Lara secretly thanks every god she’s ever heard of.

Welcome back, Cistina. I’m thankful you’re safe.” She takes a deep breath. “Alright, so here’s what’s going on. We have several newcomers here, there were two others who were seriously injured. One of them was some hyena, about to lose a leg, and the blood on the ground is from a woman who also seemed to be leaking oil? Hibiki grabbed them and is on her way to the infirmary. I was almost attacked by this one- Utakata- who is injured and fainted shortly afterward. He woke up a little later,,” she points to Utakata, “and then this chap came along,” she gestures to the large robotic looking man, “He was ready to fight as well, but not quite as aggressive. I explained the situation to them, that they’re not in their own world. Then this lad, Vaccaria, came along,” she points to Vaccaria, “and he almost immediately begins to attack with light and fire. This young lady here,” she points to the young woman with catlike features, “helped bring him to the ground. Utakata extinguished some of the flames, Vaccaria put out the rest with ice magic when I told him I’d explain the situation if he came down, which also occurred. And thus we all spoke to each other for a little while. And then you came back. I already called Stan, who’s currently in a meeting with a few of the other senior agents. Hopefully someone is on the way here…. I have a bad feeling.

Lara blinks. “Oh bloody hell, speaking of which…” She dials the code again- 7826, and speaks to the cube once more. “One last thing. Cistina is back, and she’s safe. Over and out.” Lara hangs up. She sighs, relieved that everything is alright for now. “Anyway, er…” She turns to the cat girl and the mechanical man. “I apologize for not introducing you, I didn’t catch your names. And for you lot…. This is Cistina, another senior agent--- Utakata are you alright?” She notices how taut his jaw is, and seemingly lost in thought. Utakata looks up at her and blinks.

Uh- I--- Yeah. I’m fine, just….. Maybe I need to rest.

Right.” Lara nods and turns back to Cistina. “Anyway, welcome back. What happened? Where did you go?

Edited by Mikasa361

dd3hjow-314592c7-1003-4fb0-be90-c9ed8776

Temeraire Rhowa, Warrior of Light
<Status: Stable>
<Location: Gateway>
<Agents: Lara | Cistina>
<Other Participants: Grievous | Vaccaria | Garchomp>

~~

Temeraire was... not too happy. Her plan had failed and caused her to eat dirt. She looked up and saw the same guy use what looked to be black magic to put out the same fire he'd caused.

So this guy - Vaccaria - was a black mage. Good to know.

The Miqo'te still wasn't sure what this four-armed cyborg thing was, or what the heck he used as weapons (if he used weapons at all), but hearing him mention some sort of Republic showed that at least he could speak (in spite of not having a visible mouth). Still, he left her very much on-edge, but Temeraire decided that he wasn't yet a threat - if they were to fight, then she certainly wouldn't cast the first blow against him.

Then she listened as Lara introduced herself and explained this XDRS group in more detail. All this talk of a multiverse and anchors and those strange communicator things was... a lot to take in. Did those little cubes seriously work as linkshells here??

And then the man who had vomited - thankfully not unconscious now - introduced himself as Utakata... after soaking Lara with a tidal wave of water. Temeraire found that absolutely hilarious and laughed, and to be fair, she'd needed that laugh after the fire. She'd opened her mouth to speak when two more came in: a strange flying shark thing and another hyur. A woman, by the looks of things.

...dang. Now that Temeraire got a good look at her surroundings, she could tell that things did not look good here, even after the fire was put out.

Once again, Temeraire listened as the two women spoke - this new hyur was named Cistina, apparently - and Lara described... pretty much all that had happened before Cistina had arrived.

"...uh, yeah, what she said. Anyway, my name is Temeraire Rhowa. ...or just Temeraire if that'll help."

2014551200_ForumSignature--Fractal.png.a83369c312faacf5c3fb448c56a9b510.png

360206697_ForumSignature--Tien.png.118527f99506aaa862c08a7fb612e9f7.png

People: Lara, Utakata, Cistina, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire

Tien stumbled forwards, barely catching himself at the edge of a stone platform. Where was he? What had just happened? He hadn’t been Soulcasting, he shouldn’t have teleported…

Not that this felt like Shadesmar, anyways. Too solid. Tien blinked several times as he reoriented himself. This was...he’d never seen a place like this. The stone pillars didn’t look like the rocks he was used to, and there was grass blanketing the ground, not hiding from people even as they walked all over it. And...water puddles, ice, a pile of black...something, blood--Tien looked away quickly from the red puddle. Storms, this place looked like it had seen some chaos recently.

And that was just the environment. Tien turned his gaze to the people. A couple of them looked almost Shin, another looked sort of Veden but oddly off, and then there were the ones he just couldn’t pin down at all.

Something all angles and sharp edges, gleaming almost like Shardplate, with a bizarrely shaped face; Tien would almost think it was a spren, except he’d never seen one that looked like that. It gave him chills, like something in him was screaming wrong. Then there was the other one, blue, just as pointed, covered in scales and fins--at least the rest of them looked like people.

Tien slowly started to back away, raising one hand to cover Fractal. His spren hummed and slid onto his jacket, sending vibrations through his chest to help calm him.

It didn’t help much.

Edited by Pachimew

General Grievous - Gateway

Even as he felt a battle stirring, the human who'd asserted herself before did her best to try and break up the fighting, offering an explanation as to why they were all there. Grievous could tell she wasn't entirely in her element, but hadn't given an inch. She even disarmed herself in an attempt to build trust.

Commendable, but now you're exposed. he thought.

After the lava had been created, another human woman and a small mammalian creature had been badly injured, and was being carried away by what he assumed to be one of their allies.

The one Grievous had assumed to be a Jedi Knight seemed confused at his earlier assertion. No Jedi would deny membership to the order; they considered it a great honor.

Then, why me?

The human - who identified herself as Lara Croft, explained that she and many others were members of an extra-dimensional restoration squad

Tuning out the conversations once again, Grievous was able to infer some key facts from this: there was a multiverse, and it was being threatened by an outside force.

The Kaleesh who remained smiled beneath his cold mask.

There's an enemy out there so powerful, that they threaten the entire universe... Even the Jedi are nothing compared to them. Truly, this would be a conquest for the ages!

Lara called on him for an introduction. Deciding that he needed to be friendly with these people in order to be accepted among their ranks, he put on a bit of a show by comparison to his normal stoic behavior.

"You may call me General Grievous." He said, bowing with one arm in front of himself and the other behind his back.

Might be best not to mention my past. I'm not sure how they'd react to finding out whom I served in my own world.

Welcome back, Cistina. I’m thankful you’re safe. Ah, Lara. Cistina gives a curtsy, then replies: “And I you, judging by the status of the Gateway.

Well, from Lara's explanation, more new arrivals appeared than just the people she was facing. Inwardly, she gives a sigh of relief at that. Thank the gods for the new arrival's willingness to assist others, but pray someone directs her to Gladekeeper. I fear without Raine or any other dedicated medic, we may not be able to properly care for the injured.

As Lara pointed at the man who had attacked her, Cistina's lips thin. Though as she opened her mouth to reprimand him, she realizes that he was staring into the distance, lost in thought, likely not even giving his attention to what was being spoken in front of him.

Lara gestures at another robot, abet one much smaller than the two that arrived before, who then introduced himself as "General Grievous" with a bow.  Not a name that I would have expected to hear. She returned with a curtsy.

When Lara noted that this "Vaccaria" was the one responsible for much of the destruction around her, Cistina turns to face him, expression hard. 

“And what manner of devil bode you to have done such?” she asked, tone icy. From the corner of her eye, Garchomp steps up beside her, straightened to its full height, arms to the side and mouth open just enough for the tips of its teeth to show. Fortunately, before anything else happened, Lara hurried to point out a cat-eared girl, then explain that this "Vaccaria" had helped to put out the fires he started after he was promised an explanation. As Lara finished her explanation, the cat-eared (and tailed, now that she looked) girl then introduced herself as "Temeraire Rhowa."

"Hopefully someone is on the way here…. I have a bad feeling.

“Has something occurred?” Cistina immediately asks, alert. Did the actions of the god-wyrm ripple out to here? Before she could get an answer, though, there was the sudden lurching feeling as space shifted for a tear in the dimensions, and-! A god?! For a moment, Cistina's heart turned to ice, and she spun around, half-expecting the giant god-wyrm to be standing behind them.

A.... Relatively tall, scared looking boy at the edge of the stone platform. Cistina relaxed and gave him a smile. Of course that was not the god-wyrm, you fool. The aura of it was far greater than this deity's. “We will do no harm to you,” she said gently. As she opened her mouth to say more, though, Lara spoke her name, and Cistina turned her head for a moment... To see that Lara was simply introducing her to the new arrivals. She looked back at the deity and stepped forward so that Garchomp was at her back, then bowed. “And I bid you welcome to the Gateway of the Starry Skies, home of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad.

Forum Signature--Fractal1.png

Forum Signature--Tien.png

"Focus," Fractal hummed softly. "The strange ones--they are not paying attention to us."

"Not yet," Tien muttered, clenching his first in the fabric where she’d settled. It was a good point, though. The Shardplate-creature loomed over a woman, but she didn’t seem to be afraid, so she probably had it handled--what was she wearing?

Tien snapped his gaze away from her, trying not to stare. The other creature stood next to a different woman. Though her features were foreign, her clothes were more familiar to him. A small relief. A very small relief when she spun to look at him. Tien’s heart stuttered in his chest. For a wild, irrational moment, he thought she might order the thing to attack him. That didn’t even make sense, she probably couldn’t command the creature--oh, storms, that was worse, what if it decided to attack him on its own--

"You will summon me if there is danger," Fractal buzzed, picking up on the quickening of his breath. "Focus. Breathe."

Right. Right right right. He had Fractal. Besides that, the woman was untensing, smiling at him.

"We will do no harm to you,” she said. True or not, the reassurance made Tien relax a little. Fractal’s hum of confirmation that it was a truth helped more. She glanced over at the other woman for a moment, then looked back at him and stepped forward. “And I bid you welcome to the Gateway of the Starry Skies, home of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad.”

Tien let his hand drop and took a deep, shaky breath, offering a weak smile. He understood most of those words, but in that particular order they made almost no sense. Maybe Fractal would be able to make more sense of them. “H-Hi. It’s...nice to meet you?”

He still had no storming clue what was going on, but at least he wasn’t about to be attacked.

9a7610532e5164700b4e0778bc37b0b0.png

XDRS Base - 3rd Floor Observatory

[ SECRET MEETING IN SESSION ] [ FINANCES? ] [ SORT OF  ]

Twilight had chosen the observatory at the top of the castle as their private meeting room. Much smaller than the dining hall, it only felt natural to use it for leadership meetings now that the organization appeared to expand at such a surprising rate. This meeting room with its six chairs around a round table used to be their debriefing room, the pony reminisced, and was the locale where Pascal performed some of her teleportation experiments before moving to the Gateway.

The room had fallen out of use and smelled of aged books and old carpet, but still, Twilight enjoyed its atmosphere. The decorative velvet curtains were drawn back to let the dawn light filter in and everything was blue enough to seemingly fade into the sky shown through the windows. in. Some books lined the shelves and a decorative star chart of this galaxy was hung on one wall. A telescope, visibly gathering dust, was pointed skywards. The observatory looked and felt ancient... though it probably hadn't been too long since the castle was built.

When everyone had arrived, Raine approached the heavy wooden door and pushed it shut. The door locked with an audible click, thus assuring that they wouldn't be interrupted or eavesdropped on.

"Thank you all for attending," the half-elf began, moving across the room to take a seat at the table and get to the point. She made eye contact with Natsuki before continuing. "I would like to discuss the state of the treasury, as brought to my attention by Natsuki. However, first I do have further things to report from the Marketplace. I didn't think they would have been appropriate things to bring up in a public meeting."

Raine slid a folded page across the table to Twilight, who magically lifted it up to read. "It is true that I was looking for the XDRS, but I was also on the lookout for other groups with either similar or conflicting goals to us. That's a list of names and information I could gather." She continued, "Whether we are conscious of it or not, the XDRS is gaining notoriety amongst world-hoppers and similarly dimensionally aware people and the reception isn't always positive."

She furrowed her brows, squinting. "What have you all been doing in the past few months? ...On the other hand, I don't think I want to know."

"Most notably on the sheet are two and a half organizations I would like to bring your attention to. The first is WOKE--" --Raine found herself interrupted by a snicker from Stan, and gave him a glare before continuing on, "-- and WOKE calls themselves the Worlds' Organizers of Key Elements. Their goal in the multiverse appears to be very similar to ours, in the sense that they seek and return anchors to restore stability. Second, there is a faction who calls themselves the MMRS, or Merged Multiverse Rejuvenation Squad, who believe that the worlds were meant to be crossed. Given the increasing instabilities, I can see why this would be a viable belief to hold. Third, they're not particularly an organization, but the Dark King Ganondorf is plundering whatever powerful artefacts he or his army can find. It's not uncommon for villains to seek power through the universe, but it's likely starting to become a problem if it has been reported on multiple occasions.

"And that is my report." Raine crossed her fingers on the table in front of her, signalling that she had finished.

"Well," Stan was the first to speak. He blinked a couple times. "I'm not surprised that the multiverse thinks we're a joke. But to be such a joke as to be on the radar... I'm kind of proud."

"Granted, the feedback I've gotten isn't that severe," Raine replied. "For the vast majority, it's along the lines of, quote, 'what are those guys even trying to accomplish here'."

Xander raised an eyebrow when Raine mentioned the treasury, but he kept quiet. He allowed himself to digest everything Raine had to say before clearing his throat.

I would have hoped XDRS would have been more respected than it is, but I can’t say I’m entirely too surprised by how people view it,” Xander sighed. He had to resist pinching the bridge of his nose, opting instead to slowly folding his hands together neatly on top of the table. “We do not have complete control of who the gateway brings to our front door, but I will not be so bold as to claim this the only reason management across the organization hasn’t been up to par. We are inexperienced with rules and functions of the multiverse and that inexperience has shown, but—” Xander turned his gaze towards Raine. “I can assure you that we learn from our mistakes. We do not take our job lightly.

With that said, I do have a question for you,” Xander said, frowning. “I would like to discuss these other organizations more, but I’m interested in what you meant by our financial situation. I checked the treasury myself before we left for the market. We’re not rich, but I would be hard pressed to say we’re low on funds.” Remembering that Raine claimed Natsuki knew more about the money problem, Xander glanced over at them. “Did something happen to our money while we were on the mission?”

Natsuki sat up straighter. “Yes. As you said, our funds were healthy before we went to the marketplace. However, when I attempted to purchase groceries my card was declined. Later investigation revealed that our treasury had been almost completely drained in a single purchase while we were at the marketplace. There’s a possibility that we were hacked, considering the number of technopaths in the multiverse, but if I may make a suggestion? It would be most efficient to question everyone that had access to our funds before investigating that avenue.”

"Barring the possibility that one of our chips was stolen and used," Raine added, understanding that Xander's priorities were more about the present situation than the hypothetical future of the organization, "Yes, it would be best to start with those who went to the marketplace. It was Pascal's idea to go and provide funds to the newcomers, and she herself tends to be a big spender. She was never really good with money, if I can be honest."

"Why didn't you mention this at the meeting?" Twilight asked. She tilted her head curiously. "You had everyone in one place at the time so it would have been easy to ask around, as opposed to chasing everyone down now."

Raine shook her head. "We didn't want to make more of a scene at the time. If we can discreetly find out who took the money and for what purpose, we can quietly lay this situation down to rest."

"So that's why you didn't invite Duke or Pascal..." Stan scratched his chin, expression amused. "Blabbermouths." Relaxed and relieved that it had nothing to do with him, he leaned backwards in his chair, lifting his feet and balancing it on two legs. "Well, I wasn't there at the market, so this part ain't my problem."

Xander squeezed his clasped hands together, his expression darkening as he lowered his head closer towards his hands. Back home, Xander was well acquainted with the importance of money. Nohr was a land devoid of many natural resources the kingdom needed to thrive, food and clean water included. Spending frivolously could have dire consequences; every cent had to be put to proper use. To say hearing about XDRS’s current financial problem was infuriating was an understatement.

I was not aware we were incompetent enough to let our entire treasury to slip right under our noses, within a few hours” Xander snapped. He abruptly stood up, rattling the chair underneath him as he pressed his hands flat against the table. “Perhaps I should place blame on myself for not being aware that Pascal was allotting how much money every agent could spend. If Pascal’s profligate spending was common knowledge then why did no one speak up when she was placed in charge with handing out funds? Even if it turns out that the issue was cybersecurity, we need to be more protective how we spend our money. We can’t let anyone, not even one of us, spend our entire treasury without consulting others and even then I would be hard pressed to see a single scenario when we need to shill out every coin under our name.

Xander straightened his back, exhaling aloud. He raised a hand to massage his temples. It would not do him good to let his emotions control him.

In the event that this was a cybersecurity problem, we should have been ready for it,” Xander continued, his voice softer. “I understand that anything is possible in the multiverse and maybe my limited knowledge of advanced technology is clouding my judgement, but I find it rather pathetic that we seem to have minimal, if any, safeguards when it comes to cybersecurity. We cannot continue to be unarmed electronically.” Xander lowered his hand, sighing as he did so. He took a moment to compose himself before turning his head towards Natsuki and Raine.

“I agree that we should check up with everyone at the marketplace individually to see how much we actually spent. I believe we’ll need to have a word with the all the agents regarding how much money can be appropriately spent. I think it would be most beneficial to put a cap on how much any agent can spend, but it doesn’t hurt to educate everyone on proper spending.” Turning his head back around to address the entire table, Xander continued. “If it turns out our money was stolen and we didn’t overspend, we should try to see if we can somehow get our funds back. Whether or not we can reacquire our funds, we should learn how to properly protect ourselves to this problem won’t happen in the future. Now, is there anything else we need to

The main door to the observatory slammed open, the wood splintering on impact with the wall. A white blur flew through the air. Xander could barely register what he was seeing until the blur collided straight into Stan’s head with a resounding thud! With a cry the man toppled backwards from the force, flipping his already precarious chair and sending him toppling to the ground.

"How can I help you, Stan?" said the cube. The AI was very much unaware that it potentially knocked out a man.

What’s up, losers?” Xander glared at the door to see Nata leaning casually against the door frame. “I heard you were having a secret meeting up here.” Nata twirled the strap of his kukri around his wrist. “Actually that’s a lie. I threatened a luma until it told me where you were. They’re not very good at keeping their mouths shut.

Nata,” Xander began slowly. “You can’t just barge into the meeting room and assault another agent.” Nata quit twirling his kukri in favor of pointing accsuingly it at Xander.

Listen, ramenhead,” Nata said. “I didn’t come here to listen to your boring meeting about stocks or real estate or whatever it is you folk talk about. I came here because I was getting food for my fiance when I heard the little, square chatterbox going off in Stan’s room. Some woman was talking about a bunch of stuff going on at the gateway.” Nata shook his kukri vaguely in the air. “Something about needing backup or whatnot.” Xander, suddenly realizing what Nata threw at Stan, did a double take before glaring at the younger agent.

You

She said something about a girl bleeding oil,” Nata continued, ignoring Xander completely. “A newcomer just set the grass on fire, and ooh! The yellow chick is back. I didn’t realize she left in the first place, but what do I know?” Nata shrugged. “I just sit here, look pretty, and stab things. Anyway,” Nata ceased waving his knife. I just thought you’d want to know since it seemed pretty important. Did you want to, oh I don’t know, go electrocute a few people down there or are we done here?” Xander stared at Nata, unsure of how to react. In lieu of giving Nata an answer, he glanced over at Stan who surely wasn’t doing well after being hit square in the face with a cube.

Stan? Are you doing alright? Do you need a healer?

"He'll live," Raine answered in his stead. Already half standing up before Nata even began explaining, she gave Natsuki a look and was preparing to leave. "There might potentially be other issues that require my more urgent attention."

Xander gave Stan another momentary glance before turning his attention back to the table.

Considering the circumstances, I believe this meeting should be adjourned for the time being.” With a last respectful nod to the other agents, Xander motioned for Nata to follow him as he followed Raine out of the room.

nat slumped over and died because xander was upset

Edited by TehUltimateMage

0q22Qgc.png

eoTSNQO.png

♫ Name: Utakata ♫

♫ Players: Temeraire, Lara, Cistina, Tien, Grievous ♫

♫ Support: Garchomp  ♫

♫ Status: Injured, less scared, brother instincts kicking in ♫

~~You sweet summer child~~

When Utakata comes out of his trance, So much is happening all at once. First this “Cistina” appears and now the boy. At least, he assumes the boy’s young, although he’s centimeters taller that Utakata. He looks terrified, clearly unaware of where he is. Cistina’s welcome is nice, sure, but it doesn’t explain anything. It doesn’t explain to the boy anything about where he is or who anyone else here is.

Something kicks in.

Hamako, there you are! …..Why are you crying so much? You didn’t go too far.” The child’s crystal blue eyes peek out from her veil of deep brown hair. Utakata puts a hand on her shoulder, the ten-year-old looking at her with eyes of concern. Hamako sniffles and buries her face in his arm. “Hey, hey, Hama-chan, don’t cry! I’m here.

“Dammit, where are these brats--- THERE you are. Seriously, Mom and Dad have been looking for you everywhere! Can’t you have some goddamn sense and not run off, Utakata?” Utakata puffs his cheeks at his much-older brother.

Kaito… You didn’t even bother looking for Hama-chan, did you?

“You better shut your trap and come with me. Shizue is with the parents, and she’s tired and wants to go home. Let’s go.” He grabs Hamako by the arm and roughly pulls her along. The six-year-old yelps in surprise and pain and struggles to get out of her brother’s grip. Utakata glares at him.

Hey, let her go! You’re being rough!” To which he’s greeted with a hard slap to the face.

The rest of the way home he doesn’t say a word. He doesn’t even look at Kaito for the rest of the night, but he does make sure to comfort Hamako, who only cried harder when she saw Utakata get slapped.

That’s right, his siblings. Hamako would be twenty two at this point. She’s still significantly older than this boy seems. But something about his lost puppy look reminds him of her, especially on that day. He sighs. Lara appears to be about to say something, but he’d rather her not explain everything again.

Hey. Lara. Don’t worry, I got this one. I think I understand.” He looks at the boy, who seems to be visibly confused even after Cistina’s little spiel. “Hey, I’m Utakata. I’m not gonna hurt you either, it’s alright. I’m new here too, and honestly I was just as confused until a couple of minutes ago. …..Okay maybe I’m still a little confused,” he notes with a chuckle. “Anyway, so uh…. Lemme just fill you in on what’s happening. So, from what Lara over there said,” he begins as he gestures to Lara , “there’s basically this entire giant multiverse- a lot of different places, worlds, with different species and stuff. We basically got pulled from our home worlds, and here we are- the Gateway to the Starry Skies. There’s an organization that Lara and Cistina,” he gestures to Cistina, “are currently agents of. That would be XDRS, one of them can tell you what that stands for later, it’s a whole mouthful. But basically they’re based here and they try and help maintain peace in other worlds and return stuff that doesn’t belong. I assume, considering the motley crew we have here, that there’s just as much variety among agents as there is here. I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a walking, talking slug wandering around.” Utakata laughs. The irony.

He looks over at Cistina and Lara. “How’d I do? Did I hit all the bases?

He sees Lara’s jaw drop a little. Internally, he grins. Success.

Edited by Mikasa361

Tien blinks as he processes the other man’s explanation, his hands automatically wandering to his pockets for a rock. Names and information tumble in his mind, and he’s unsure of how much he can hold onto while he’s still shaken from the sudden transfer and the overwhelming...everything.

But then, that’s where Fractal can help. So Tien lets everything pass through his mind as he flips the rock in his palm and latches onto what seems relevant--the man’s name, Utakata (and the strange clothes he’s wearing), and the...other world thing.

Okay, that one’s easy enough. Well, no, it’s not, but at least he has some experience there. This place is...like Shadesmar? That’s not quite right, since Shadesmar; where Fractal is from, where spren live; parallels the landscape of Roshar, Tien’s homeworld. A different, far-flung part of Shadesmar, then. Alright, he can handle that. This would be a...city? Maybe like the Cryptic city Fractal’s talked about before. Not quite right, again, but close enough to understand.

Tien nods slowly as Utakata conclude his explanation. Fractal slides to his shoulder, buzzing excitedly.

"Other worlds!" she says. "Tien, Tien can you imagine? There must be much out there to learn about! So many people, so many cultures--" She makes a high-pitched sound like someone running their finger around a glass of wine.

Tien can’t help but lift his eyebrows slightly. Fractal doesn’t sound that excited very often, but then, travelling is her passion. "I can imagine," he says softly. "It sounds like...a lot."

Fractal hums happily in agreement, not put off by his more subdued tone. Tien looks over at the others again. Utakata and...Cistina, Tien’s pretty sure, are the only ones who have at least tried to be helpful, and they seemed normal enough. He should give some kind of response. Quick eye contact to check eye color--lighteyed, alright. That gave Tien some idea of where he stood here. Of course, culture was almost certainly different, but...better safe than sorry?

"I...think I get it. More or less. Thank you for explaining. Is…" Tien hesitates, squeezing the rock in his hand. "You said you’d all gotten pulled, is there, is there a way to go back?" Everything but the clothes on his back and the things in his pockets was back on Roshar--people who depended on him were back on Roshar--his life was back on Roshar!

Raine_Symphonia_Run.gif

Raine -- Front Hall

[what's happening] - [injured people?] - [oh no not again]

The group had barely made it to the front entrance before the doors exploded inwards, revealing a partially-armored girl with a rabid animal under one arm and a bleeding, leaking? woman under the other. That girl -- the white-haired one, with the stained white and black uniform -- seemed to be the one which Nata mentioned was leaking oil, but in this case it appeared to be mixed with blood. Raine broke off into a run to meet the trio, quickly proclaiming "I'm a healer!" before the armored girl could make another move or run off. 

Even without the unicorn horn amplifying her power, Raine was certain that she would at least be able to stabilize the white-haired one, who seemed to have the worse wounds (at least the furred creature was still conscious). Still, the half-elf pursed her lips into a straight line. The presence of oil... She wasn't entirely sure if her healing would fix any of what was inside her.

"Put the white haired girl down," she instructed, before kneeling by her. When she whispered an incantation, Raine's staff glowed and Enterprise's wounds began to heal and close from within, but she hesitated in sealing them completely in case they needed to tear anything open again to fix the metallic parts she saw within. They appeared to be too regular to be shrapnel stuck within her, at least, and with the presence of the oil, it was a fair assumption to make. Some worlds had mixed organic and inorganic beings, or even entirely inorganic beings, and unfortunately most forms of healing magic were ineffective on machines. 

"You can all go ahead to the Gateway," Raine said, eyes focused on her work. "I'll stay here and catch up later. If these injuries are from an altercation at the gate, then it would be in your best interest to deescalate it."

~~~

Png

Twilight Sparkle -- Gateway

[in flight] - [worried for everyone] - [although there's nothing to worry about...?]

Twilight knew that, with her flight and her teleportation, she would get to the Gateway the quickest. As the others left the room by the door, Twilight pushed open the observatory window and jumped off the sill, spreading her alicorn wings to catch the air and glide. 

Below, she saw Hibiki-chan dash across the landscape. She hoped that the girl would be able to meet Raine on her way to the castle because it looked like she was carrying some limp forms and was hurrying with as much urgency as Twilight herself, albeit in the other direction. But, to the pony's surprise, when she saw the Gateway's stones there was a lot less disaster than Nata had implied when he relayed the information secondhand. Other than the evidence of scorching on the grass, everything seemed to have calmed down now. Cistina and her distinctive yellow dress had returned, Lara was on the scene, and the handful of newcomers -- both human and not -- didn't seem to be acting too hostile to each other.

Twilight circled the air, spiraling downward in a wide radius before lightly touching down near the outer ring of stones so as not to startle anyone with her sudden appearance. She folded her wings and trot over. "Hello, it's me, Twilight Sparkle! We got your message, Lara, through Nata. I apologize for not getting here sooner, but it seems like you've gotten the situation under control? Good job, and what a relief!"

dcv6upi-4b7cce71-4526-46c4-9c6c-bb72c03e

Hibiki Tachibana
<Location: 1st Floor Entrance Hallway>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Active>
<People: Raine | Enterprise | KarDrak>

~~

Oops. Maybe she'd kicked the door down a little too hard. No sooner than she had, though, that Hibiki heard the words "I'm a healer!" at top volume.

Thank god.

Hibiki didn't need to be told to put the white-haired girl down, and once she had and this healer was doing her thing, all of her attention was on the hyena. Didn't look to be rabid - just desperate, like a lot of injured animals that were restrained.

Still, now that she had both of her arms to work with, she could keep it from biting her.

~~

<Current Class: Pugilist>
<People: Lara | Cistina | Twilight | Utakata | Grievous | Vaccaria | Garchomp | Tien>

~~

Grievous is a weird name... Temeraire couldn't help but think to herself. Still, at least now she had a name to pin to this strange cyborg. She could swear this thing was at least 75% magitek... She started praying that the Echo never showed her Grievous's memories - she didn't want to know.

She turned her attention back to those who weren't made of magitek, and her jaw almost dropped at Utakata explaining everything Lara had to this newcomer with near-perfect accuracy. So many Hyur were here... It made Temeraire a little uncomfortable, not seeing any Miqo'te, or Elezen, or Roegadyn, or Au Ra, or Lalafell... seven hells, she'd even settle for a Garlean at this rate.

And then the strangest thing yet arrived. A unicorn. A talking unicorn. With wings. Was this a pegasus or a unicorn, anyway? She couldn't tell - she'd never seen a horse with both a horn and wings before. And she - at least, Temeraire assumed it was a she, given the voice - she was so colorful, and had a very strange mark on her flank...

As soon as she'd said her name, it clicked that this must be the leader of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad.

...this is the leader of the Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad?? Temeraire had expected a queen, or even a princess, not the most colorful winged unicorn she'd ever seen.

"...man, this multiverse is WEIRD."

Raine_Symphonia_Run.gif

Raine -- Front Hall

[I can't...?] - [I can't do this alone] - [time is of the essence]

Raine put a hand on the white-haired girl's neck. She was breathing, however faintly, but her condition was precarious. With the unfortunate loss of the unicorn horn at the marketplace, the healer was no longer confident in her ability to cast resurrection spells, and that meant that there would be no second chance if she were not careful. She bit her lip -- there was little she could do at the moment for the girl unfortunately, without the right tools or the right people. The former could be found in the infirmary; the latter... Well, she was certain of the location of one of the mechanics on base. Raine huffed in frustration -- no one could have really predicted this specific circumstance, but she was careless in underestimating Stan's potential contributions. 

"You there," she addressed Hibiki, waving her over. Forcibly pulling her gaze away from the injured girl on the floor, Raine used her staff to push herself to her feet. Seeing that the armored girl was having a little trouble with the animal -- who, upon closer examination, not only had cuts but also seemed to have patches of skin and fur burned away -- the healer muttered another spell to quell the creature's pain and knit its wounds. It was odd that it seemed like its backside was perfectly unaffected, fur almost untouched, though she simply assumed it was the directionality of the attack that would have caused such a strange pattern.

"Could you do me a favor?" Raine asked. She pointed to the ceiling. "Directly above us, two floors up, should be the observatory. It's the biggest room on the third floor. There should be a man in green there named Stan; please wake him up, tell him to get his toolbox, and bring him to me as soon as possible. If Natsuki is still there as well, please also tell them to meet me at the infirmary."

"Meanwhile, I will bring the girl there myself." Raine crouched down to pick her up but-- the person was deceptively heavy, as if made from solid steel. How did the armored girl--?! "Oh, nevermind." She slumped her shoulders. "I will wait here for you to return."

Karen and Nidrak

epr2ud4.gif

Allies (?): Hibiki, Raine, Enterprise

Current Morph: Spotted Hyena

They didn't stop struggling throughout the journey to the castle, but the armored girl carrying them didn't seem fazed by nearly 150 lbs of struggling muscle. It was concerning, frightening, and frustrating -- how could one small girl be so strong? 

They were too distracted to pay much attention to Raine’s healing of the white-haired girl, but even so it was enough of a surprise to make them stop flailing for a moment. Not that they had enough energy to keep flailing anyway. Even with the hyena’s stamina they couldn’t just keep fighting while spraying blood across the walls. 

The healing was strange and new, but then, it wasn’t even as miraculous as the morphing technology was. 

They didn’t know what to do as they lay panting in Hibiki’s arms. The situation didn’t make much sense. Why was the girl working so hard to hold them instead of just killing them? She couldn’t know about the morphing power, could she? If she did, she could have just disabled them to force them to morph back or at least tried to threaten them.  

Something in Karen tried to whisper that maybe she was just trying to do a good thing, but he’d been too cynical to believe that even before meeting Nidrak. 

They stiffened at the odd feeling of Raine’s magic washing over them and healing their wounds. It was so different from morphing -- almost warm and alive instead of the wet shifting of morphing. Nidrak would have had some more poetic things to say about it had the situation been different. 

Either way, the magic soothed the pain their were in and sealed up their wounds. Nidrak nearly sobbed in his mind in relief, but Karen couldn’t help but feel suspicious about being kept alive. They’d spent too long fearing being captured alive for him to be comfortable with non consensual healing. 

They didn’t want to be dragged around by Hibiki anymore -- hated the idea of being confined and held for another moment, carried around like a lifeless doll. They couldn’t think of any way to get out without revealing that they weren’t a mindless beast, but they almost didn’t care. They could rationalize their mistakes later. <Let me go!> they growled at Hibiki. 

what awaits has not yet been revealed

“H-Hi. It’s...nice to meet you?”

What a cute god! 

"You as well," Cistina smiled. Well, he didn't shake her hand, but that might just be that they didn't have the custom. She stepped so that she could have a view of everyone, and spoke:  "Now, there are certain things I-- 

Cistina was interrupted by the man in indigo, listing several facts and figures out. Cistina closed her mouth and attempted to cross her arms, feeling more than a little annoyed, but he did at least explain things for her and the other agents. Yet, he should still know that we have our methods and plans for these matters to be followed. It would not do to disrupt things; does he not know he could seed false ideas among those potentially stranded here?

"I had not known that you were a hidden agent of ours," she commented, tone stern. "Should I contact Twilight to let her know that you had returned?"

There was a odd ringing vibration from the direction of the god-boy. Cistina turned around, confusion clear on her face until she noted he was talking to himself. Oh, did he have a friend in his mind like Duke does? She turned away, feeling intrusive, focusing on the other newcomers. The cat-eared girl looked completely flummoxed, she couldn't tell what the robot's expressions were, and this "Utakata" was looking smug as his gaze passed from Lara to her. 

"I do commend you for remembering the information," Cistina relented. A voice sounded behind her as she was about to speak, and Cistina closed her mouth again, a flash of annoyance appearing over her face. Garchomp from beside her was looking at the god-boy intently, head tilted in a manner that yet again implied curiosity.

"I...think I get it. More or less. Thank you for explaining. Is… You said you’d all gotten pulled, is there, is there a way to go back?"

Well, that was it. Cistina winced, but set her face into a (hopefully) reassuing smile as she turned towards the god-boy. "Perhaps, but if it is all right, I should think it prudent for all questions to be asked when we arrive to our headquarters," This said, Cistina faced back towards the assembled newcomers, and loudly started to speak: "Please, would everyone follow--"

She cut herself off this time as she saw Twilight's approach. Am I ever going to get a word in to request the newcomers to follow me from the Gateway? This is ridiculous. Cistina pouted, though she managed to smooth over her expression as Twilight landed and trotted over.

"Hello, it's me, Twilight Sparkle! We got your message, Lara, through Nata. I apologize for not getting here sooner, but it seems like you've gotten the situation under control? Good job, and what a relief!"

It was hard to stay irate in Twilight's presence. "Greetings, Twilight, I was about to take the newcomers back to the castle to address the questions they may have and post," Cistina turned to look at the dark blue dragon, who was still studying the god-boy (Wasn't it studying the robot before?), then leaned down to whisper in Twilight's ear. "While I was away, I learned of several matters of great import. After informing the newcomers, I would like to speak privately to you and the other veteran agents." She reached her clenched, bloodied hand up and nudged the file under her arm. 

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Cistina ♫

♫ Support: Princess Twilight Sparkle  ♫

♫ Status: Utakata- Irked, but ultimately not worth it ; Lara- Not willing to let it go ♫

~~ Well excuse me, Princess. ~~

He lets out a hiss of air at Cistina’s snide remarks. Well, was that necessary? His expression turns flat, and he sighs and puts his hands up in defeat. It’s best to not cause any more problems, especially as he can tell this one is a little…. Well, he has a word for it that he wishes not to even think of. Frankly, he finds her more intimidating than Lara, who’s still got a bit of alcohol messing with her brain. “Right… My apologies,” he responds to her in a more apologetic tone. “I should know my place, after all. Nor should I interrupt. **** 

She’s right. Know your place, Utakata. You’re the new one here. Besides, she did commend you for retaining that. Perhaps your quick mind would be useful, if you could keep quiet.

Shut your maw, Saiken.

Cistina turns to the boy and gives him a smile. Utakata rolls his eyes when she isn't looking. He wonders for a brief moment if maybe it would be better if he left her alone. He shrugs. It's really not worth seething over it. Who really cares at this point- he has no energy to really consider too much more of a response towards her. No good would come out of snapping and provoking another senior agent- it's already enough that he irked Lara. But it's alright, he supposes, if he keeps to himself for the most part he won't have to worry about interacting with either of them much. 

Cistina is now interrupted and talking to Princess Twilight. The complexities of the multiverse may never cease to surprise him, even if he does stay here for a while. A talking purple horse, so far, really seems to take the cake. His voice drops down a few notches as he moves closer to the new boy- enough so he can be heard without invoking Cistina’s annoyance but far enough that he gives the boy some space. After all, he seems just as scared as Utakata was just some moments ago. Considering the multiverse, who knows what kind of mayhem may come from scaring this boy over the edge?

You know…. I was wondering that briefly as well. But I’m not sure, frankly, if I want to go back right now. I, er…. Was in a bit of a bind just before I came here. As much as I’d like to see the people close to me right now…. It’s not the time.” He sighs. “It’s much safer for me to remain here.” Utakata glances at the young man, who is definitely a bit taller than himself. “I’m Utakata, by the way. What can I call you?

Lara has to admit, she found it very funny when Utakata was snapped into submission. But instead of provoking Cistina further by laughing, she tones down her reaction by smirking at him. He doesn't give her the pleasure of a response. But she does notice him roll his eyes when she looks away. Understandable, she thinks to herself, she was being a bit of a jerk there. I would have been more shocked if he didn't.

She will admit one thing, however. Cistina was being unjustifiably rude. She waits for Cistina to finish, then sighs. “Wasn’t that a bit much?” she muses, speaking with concern for her fellow agent as well as for the newcomer. “I mean, yeah maybe he was out of line there, but that reaction wasn’t necessary in the slightest. Not to say anyone was wrong or right here.” Sure, Cistina has seniority over her. But it’s not as if she were speaking to Xander or Twilight. Come to think of it, wouldn’t they rather be told if they were doing something wrong? ….Who knows. Does she want a fight? No, not when she just helped de-escalate the situation.

She may not have had the best impression of Utakata. That's alright. But it appeared he really was just trying to help. And from what she can tell so far, he could be very useful. He’s got more to offer than herself, if she is to be brutally honest with herself. Fast learner, has whatever that power is... This makes her heart sink, as she begins to internally question her contributions to the organization. What use am I if all I can do is shoot? She glances at the man, who is quietly talking to the newcomer. His voice is not only softer in volume, but in tone. Quietly she smiles and nods, glad someone is trying to keep the boy from bolting while Cistina is busy. She turns her attention back to Cistina, keeping her temper down as much as possible.

Edited by Mikasa361

People: Lara, Utakata, Cistina, Grievous, Vaccaria, Garchomp, Temeraire, Twilight Sparkle

"Perhaps," Cistina answers Tien’s question, "but if it is all right, I should think it prudent for all questions to be asked when we arrive to our headquarters,"

Tien swallows hard, but nods. He supposes that’s fair enough. And that was sort of a yes, right…?

Fractal hums, a mixture of discontent and pleading. "Tien--"

"I didn’t say we’d leave now," Tien whispers quickly. "I just want to know that we can."

She hums again, this time with reluctant acceptance. Tien breathes out a small sigh and looks up.

...The sharp-edged blue creature is staring at him. Tien goes still and stares back at it. Maybe it is going to attack him after all. His fingers twitch as he mentally readies himself to summon Fractal, just in case. The creature cocks its head, and Tien mimics the action without thinking.

"Please, would everyone follow--" Cistina begins, and abruptly cuts herself off as yet another creature lands neatly on the outer edge of the stone circle Tien’s still standing on. He starts slightly, backing up to keep both beings in his line of sight.

This new one looks nonthreatening, at least, but it’s a bizarre amalgamation of different traits. He recognizes the basic body shape of a horse, but a pair of odd, feathery wings like a chicken’s sprout from the back and a horn juts from the forehead, to say nothing of its unusual size and coloring.

And then it talks.

Tien should have known better, honestly. His best friend is, by her own description, a sentient representation of mathematical truths. Talking horses aren’t so farfetched. May as well start assuming everything he encounters can talk.

So! A talking horse-creature named Twilight Sparkle. That’s a thing. Tien’s desire to get back home, back to familiarity, is growing sharper by the second, and he’s certain Fractal’s desire to stay and learn more is doing the same. He never really thought that particular imbalance between their personalities would end up being an issue, but might end up being a major one if they can’t find a compromise.

And the sharp creature--can that talk too?--is still eyeing Tien, which doesn’t help matters at all. Tien’s about to go back to his staring contest with it when Utakata comes a bit closer.

"You know…. I was wondering that briefly as well. But I’m not sure, frankly, if I want to go back right now. I, er…. Was in a bit of a bind just before I came here. As much as I’d like to see the people close to me right now…. It’s not the time." He sighs. "It’s much safer for me to remain here." 

Tien blinks, wondering what the man is talking about for a minute before his mind catches up. Right, about going home. Tien feels a twinge of sympathy for him and nods understandingly, but he can’t help wondering exactly what that ‘bind’ was.

"I’m Utakata, by the way. What can I call you?"

He blinks again. Yes, he already knows Utakata’s name...had he really skipped over giving his own in turn? "I’m Tien," he answers, offering the most genuine smile he can muster. He thinks about introducing Fractal for a heartbeat, and his hand even moves halfway towards where she rests on his jacket--but no, he’s spent too long keeping her secret to be comfortable with that. "It’s nice to meet you."

Edited by Pachimew

Wasn’t that a bit much? Lara chided. Cistina straightened up, eyes narrowed, and faced her fellow agent. Not to say anyone was wrong or right here. I understand you’re probably shaken, but that’s no reason to treat people in such a matter,

"I apologize," Cistina forced herself to say, coldness creeping into her voice. Am I so wrong to chide someone for something which I've seen happen before, for which great men and women had died for?! The Gateway felt chilly all of a sudden, despite the usually-pleasant temperature, and Cistina hugged herself, closing her eyes to focus on her breathing and turning away.

She needed to apologize, she needed to banish this feeling--the cold terror of seeing comrades die under bloodied steel, the draining despair of being useless--was it the god-wyrm? The people she saw whom she laughed with and ate with and trained with, dying... Dying.... Dying....  "I simply am less inclined to tolerate people who acts as if they know more than they do, in the process endangering others, Cerya.“

Slow, steady breathing... She should have been able to be there for them, shouldn't she? Like she should have when her sister was drowning, like she should have when they moved and the war started, like she should-- These thoughts are not what I need to be dwelling on! Slow, steady breathing... She felt sick... She clinched her bloodied hand, and the sharp, bright pain helped to banish the way her mind was going. Had she been paying more attention, she might have noticed the wind that was flowing to and from her with her breathing.

She opened her eyes and turned to look at her senior. "Twilight, I do not believe it would be wise for me to currently stay to assist the arrivals," Cistina began, forcing an expression that might have been a smile, but looked more akin to a grimace. "I shall be going back to consolidate my information. As well, I need to obtain treatment for my hand." She forced a chuckle, lifting her gashed hand slightly, then looked at her new blue dragon companion. "Will you be coming with me, Garchomp? You can stay with the other newly-arrived."

As Tien turns away to face Uta, Garchomp's eyes settled on his jacket and the odd shape that rested on it. She listened to him speak, his hand move--subconsciously?--towards the shifting patch.

Cistina's voice calling her name made her look away from the unusual sight--though, all sights she had seen so far, starting with the moment that Palkia ripped her Cynthia away, had been new and unusual. Garchomp shook her head in response to the question. This human was in pain--her voice was betraying that as clear as day, but Garchomp was still unsure about this one. Cynthia had been her human for years, and they were, for all intents and purposes, friends. But this yellow-dressed human...

"Very well. Should you need me, my room is 237, on the second story of our base," Cistina said. Internally, her heart ached, but she pushed the feeling down, and prepared to take flight.

Png

Twilight Sparkle -- Gateway

[everything is alright] - [taking questions]

"That's alright, we can deal with that later," Twilight responded to the woman's whisper. From the urgency in Cistina's voice and the blood on her glove, Twilight had a feeling that it wasn't particularly good news that she was meaning to discuss. It would work out well to have her back for the rest of Raine's meeting... whenever that would be back in session. 

Sensing the mounting tension, Twilight cut in before Lara could have another word. From both women's responses, the pony managed to piece together what had transpired right before her arrival. "Since I'm here and there aren't particularly a lot of newcomers who have just arrived, I can take any questions directly. Whatever danger here seems to have passed and there are other agents on the way, so I won't mind explaining things here."

Twilight stepped closer to Cistina, gently wrapping a wing around the woman in yellow to hopefully calm her and help her regain control of her magic. The firm pressure and the tactile sensations of the feathers were real, unlike the terrors that she knew the woman sometimes experienced. Twilight needed to make sure that she was at least grounded on some level before she departed. "Cistina, you're safe now. Get some rest back at the castle. We're at the Gateway and everything is fine -- I can take care of the newcomers for you. And Raine has returned! You if you see her on your way back to the castle, she can tend to your wound."

dcv6upi-4b7cce71-4526-46c4-9c6c-bb72c03e

Hibiki Tachibana
<Location: 1st Floor Entrance Hallway -> Observatory>
<Gungnir Symphogear: Active>
<People: Raine | Enterprise | KarDrak --> Stan>

~~

Hibiki watched as Raine did her thing, both with the white-haired woman and with the hyena in her arms. She was a healer, all right, but one who could heal wounds so quickly... Was this like all those fantasy games that had been really popular back home?

It had to be.

Raine had then asked Hibiki for a favor: get Stan and rendezvous at the infirmary-- no, rendezvous back here, since Raine was having trouble even lifting the white-haired woman when Hibiki had no problems with it. "Yeah, I can go get him!" Good thing she'd met Stan before, even if only briefly.

She was about to put the hyena down gently when it made a very sudden sound, causing her to drop it in surprise. Oops.

But, that sound... it vaguely sounded like it was telling her to let it go? Did it just...?

NAH. Couldn't have. Hyenas don't talk...

She turned to go upstairs - she wasn't about to piss someone off by jumping up and breaking several ceilings.

~

She found the observatory easy - it wasn't hard when it was just as Raine had described. The only problem now was waking Stan up...

~~

<Current Class: Pugilist>
<People: Lara | Cistina | Twilight | Utakata | Grievous | Vaccaria | Garchomp | Tien>

~~

As Utakata, Lara, and Cistina spoke, Temeraire had chosen to try to take her mind off of Twilight's appearance - and try to relieve her own boredom - by shadowboxing and making sure she still had her pugilist combinations down. Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch... Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch... The most basic of combinations, but still an effective one when pulled off properly (and on an actual opponent).

"Since I'm here and there aren't particularly a lot of newcomers who have just arrived, I can take any questions directly."

Oh, good. Temeraire had just paused to take a break when she heard that. She waited as Twilight comforted Cistina before approaching a little. "Hibiki told me this already, but I just want to be certain of it... You're the leader here, right?"

YQJYrM7.gif

Stan -- Observatory

[dazed] - [has cube] - [damn, that hurt!]

After Nata's untimely appearance (the man swore, every time he saw that boy in the corner of his eye, he broke something of his) Stan thought it would be best to stay on the ground and evaluate his life choices and the very specific set of moments that led him to this point in time. At first he was a little dazed from getting hit in the head then having his head hit the floor, but at this point he was sure he was alright. He just had no rush to be anywhere now that Xander was off to help the situation -- and he was especially not in a rush to meet an angry Lara on the scene.

He heard the door open again after a good while, though, and opened a cautious eye. If he pretended he was totally out, maybe the Lumas would leave him alone? The person entering was no luma, however, and wore bright orange armor-like boots. He didn't remember any agents wearing those, so it had to be a newcomer.

Shifting his arm aside and gripping his phone in one hand, he pushed himself up and to his feet. "You know, typically newbies aren't allowed up here."

The girl at the entrance, with the orange boots, had a vaguely familiar face and the same hairclips, but totally different clothing. Stan glanced down at Natsuki, who had their head down on the table. Seemed like they and Stan had the same idea of playing dead until they were fetched.