TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

latest?cb=20170513194952

Pascal -- 3rd Floor Workshop

[Keaton!] - [Keaton!!!!!]

Pascal's workshop came about as result of an... incident in her bedroom, and Twilight thought it best that she get her own space atop the castle near the observatory. It was decided that she needed the space to store her things and conduct dangerous experiments. She would use this place to sleep too, and over time, she just ended up moving everything she owned to the workshop anyway. At the moment, junk found itself arranged into neat piles, freeing the center of the room enough to walk through. It was a grand mess in which Pascal had implemented a certain sorting system unique to herself, and at which many other agents shook their head at and tried to forget.

Pascal jumped when something -- heavy sounding -- thumped against her door. She was going to ignore it, but... the most pitiful whine came through, followed by the sound of scratching. Sighing, she put down the screwdriver she was holding, reluctantly abandoning her project. Wiring communicators and building her secret project were both things that were exciting and engrossing. Normally no one could shake her from her work, but she reasoned that she could take a moment to--

The second she unlatched the door, Keaton came barreling in as if he was expecting the door to open. Pascal yelled as he threw her off balance and into the air with his vigor, but she managed to soften her landing with a roll. She collapsed flat on her back, leaving her in the hallway with nothing but an empty box.

"Keaton, wait!" she shouted. But it was too late -- the wolfskin was already in the room, tail thrashing. Pascal scrambled to her feet, grabbing the box on the way up (there was no point in leaving behind a perfectly good cardboard box, after all) and flipping it onto her head to free her hands. With the box covering her head like a helmet, she charged back into the room. "Keaton!"

Jowan 

f4r0Deq.gif

Allies: Duke, Evonna, Chikako

Jowan peers at Duke, confused by how slow and deliberate Duke’s movements -- OH. 

He’s not sure how he hadn’t noticed Duke bare his well-toned arms, and for a moment he stares with wide eyes. It’s not a sight that he’s used to. Fashions in the Circle consisted exclusively of robes and Templar armor, neither of which showed much skin. His own arms are scared, pale, and embarrassingly scrawny, and he’s glad that they’re covered up. 

Andraste’s grace, he can’t just keep staring, but he doesn’t know where else to look and he doesn’t exactly want to stop, either. The best that he can do is pray that, somehow, Duke hasn’t noticed him staring even though Duke’s looking right at him. He’d think it impossible, but so far Duke hasn’t been the most observant person. 

Fortunately for him, the faucet in Duke’s hands explodes in a spray of water. Jowan blinks, then bursts out laughing, bringing a hand up to his mouth and leaning over as he does so. “Trying to wash your whole front, too?” he teases. 

Edited by Zor

dcv6up8-e637a9de-3c49-42cd-ad44-e5f9a41d

Illidan Stormrage, Lord of the Illidari
<Status: Stable; recent re-inked tattoos>
<Location: Gateway>
<Agents: Xander | Reshiram | Natsuki | Raine | Bowser | Anders | Ray | Keaton | Qaksh | Light | Pascal>

~~

"Don't forget to give a shout if something goes wrong on either of you."

That had been the last thing Nora had said before the agents had to leave the bazaar. Illidan had asked Xander about a matching tattoo after the reveal of the design - quite the emblem, simple and yet intricate at the same time - and, to the Demon Hunter's utter delight, he'd said yes. Of course, it was likely that Xander hadn't quite gotten the point of the matching tattoo, but nonetheless, Illidan had some of his tattoos re-inked in his own telltale green in order to match Xander's new purple one.

And sweet Elune, it had felt as if he'd been ran over by a Pit Lord. Words almost couldn't describe how painful it was to have that needle on his skin (especially considering it had been ten thousand years since he'd first gotten his tattoos). There were now bandages on Illidan's right shoulder where the tattoos had been re-inked, and Nora had clearly warned Illidan to let them heal. That meant nothing strenuous and absolutely no fighting of any sort. Illidan could tell he was going to be one antsy guy by the time the bandages could come off for good.

Speaking of tattoos...

He turns to Xander. "I don't suppose that arm of yours is still sore, Xander?" Illidan asked the king, trying to take his mind off of the pain in his own shoulder. "Not that it won't be sore or anything, I'm just making sure it doesn't hurt worse than it should - the last thing we want is for that thing to get infected."

~~

dcv6upc-a37902a1-eb3b-4105-bb32-c554745c

Ray, Alolan Prodigy
<Status: Stable>
<Location: Gateway -> 2nd Floor Hallway>
<Agents: Anders | Keaton | Xander | Reshiram | Natsuki | Illidan | Bowser | Qaksh | Light | Pascal>

~~

No sooner had they arrived then Pascal ran off. Not long after, Keaton had followed her in running. Did he always run off like that?

Oh well. At least now she could go have some time to herself. Maybe find a room to claim as her own. As she walked to the castle, inside, and up to the second floor, she mused to herself as to the events at the Bazaar. A magical box that had temporarily given her Litten ears and a tail (that had both thankfully worn off by now), and then an attack by strange shadowy creatures...

And then there was the return trip to the Green Gate.

On that day, she'd learned that King Bowser Koopa, the archnemesis of Mario, the primary antagonist of nearly every Mario video game in existence, was very much real. And... kind of scary-looking up close, now that she thought about it, but she'd reminded herself that she'd seen worse in her own world. She would probably have to remind herself of that several times before it stuck...

This multiverse stuff was going to get really weird, she could tell. Good thing she'd brought some of her Pokemon with her, although she didn't know why her PokeDex had lost the Rotom that had lived inside it for the better part of half a year. Maybe someday she'd find it. Maybe she'd even stop Necrozma from stealing Alola's light.

For now, though, her greatest challenge was picking the room that would be hers.

~~

dcv6upn-d1811c04-0097-440d-838e-2cd323bd

Towa Akagi, Princess of the Hope Kingdom
<Location: 3rd Floor Library>
<Agents: Arch | Theo | Sorey>
<Other Participants: three unseen forces>

~~

Towa watched as Sorey went to operate the computer in spite of his claim to not know how to use it. She was honestly not surprised; a lot of people had a habit of trying to prove even themselves wrong.

Or, at least, Haruka had. But Towa knew it wouldn't do to dwell on her friends for too long. It startled her a little, though, when the mouse seemed to move on its own. She quickly gathered her composure and just chalked it up to it being one of Sorey's unseeable friends.

After reading the text on the screen about this "Luthadel" place, Towa nods in agree to Arch's words. "It sure looks like that. Which is good; researching other worlds is precisely what I came up here to do. I wonder if there's any information on my own world... I mean, there probably is..."

Anders

Allies: Keaton, Pascal 

PG1GfjD.png

Usually, Anders would be more annoyed by being jolted out of an attempted nap and ripped from where he was sitting, but he didn’t feel like mustering up the emotional energy to be upset. Instead, he merely yawned at Keaton, more or less ignoring what he said. Something about how he was dying horribly, not important. What was important was that Keaton had pressed him against his chest, which was pleasantly warm. A purr started rumbling in his chest, both because he felt secure and because it’s scientifically impossible to stay angry at a purring cat. 

he sleeps

b66ab1c5efcb9f5adfe252bf9169f6c7.png [ theo ; -- add. m. e. l. for: a. s. t. ]

-- status.

legios ; dormant ]

grey ; knight of loyalty

--

"Luthadel," Theo repeats, the word foreign on his tongue. It was good to finally put a name to the place they had been in for quite some time; while he would never admit this outright to any of the fellow agents in his immediate vicinity, there is a certain sense of unrest in his chest now calmed by the information. Being unaware of any place reminds him of how he had been when he'd first woken up, after that battle -- completely unaware of how the world had changed and left him behind. 

He doesn't intend to feel nor think about that again, and so Theo crosses his arms and nods in response.

"That blond guy," he says, remembering back to the debriefing meeting and what had happened before he'd seen fit to spear Duke alive, "he said we were returning, right? To help with his efforts. In that case, do you want to gather more information on this 'Lord Ruler'?" 

He means it mostly as a question to Arch, but he notes how fascinated his husband currently looks with the two humans caught in their discussion. Realising he would get nowhere with this -- and of course, Arch would sacrifice their mission details for a human's comfort anyday -- Theo simply sighs.

"Or we can investigate your world," he says to Towa, turning to her. "If you want to know more, or how to get back." 

Edited by Shoukaku

<Agents: Xander, Reshiram, Natsuki, Raine, Bowser, Qaksh, Light>

~~

Illidan was comforted upon hearing that it didn't sound too sore. "That's good to hear. Now that you mention it, having a healer check every once in a while does sound like a sound idea." Note to self: remind the other Illidari of this one the next time I see them en masse, he thought to himself. It was a good idea since it further reduced the risk of infection...

"I know you explored the base a bit on your own before the mission began, but were you given a proper tour? I have a few things I wish to take care of before the meeting starts, but I do not mind showing you around if you're unfamiliar with all the facilities on the base. If you're going to stay here you should be well acquainted with the rooms and resources we have."

"...I don't suppose I need to remind you that said tour was what we were going to do before that bazaar trip popped up? I'll still take it, of course..." That much was the truth - before they'd had to leave for the bazaar, Xander had offered the tour to Illidan once before...

~~

dcv6upn-d1811c04-0097-440d-838e-2cd323bd

Towa Akagi, Princess of the Hope Kingdom
<Form: Civilian>
<Location: 3rd Floor Library>
<Agents: Arch | Theo | Sorey>
<Other Participants: three unseen forces>

~~

After hearing Arch and Theo speak, Towa ultimately decided that her world could wait. "No, no, it's fine, Theo - this 'Lord Ruler' sounds far more important than my simple curiosity. My world can wait."

4Yv1aRc.gif

Pascal -- 3rd Floor Workshop

[cat box?] - [meow!]

"What do you mean the box turns people into cats?"

Pascal removed the box from her head, and sure enough, her ears had moved to the top of her head and curved into a feline shape. They were covered with soft, white fur and twitched without her even realizing it. At some point before this, too, a slender tail grew from her backside. It too was covered with white fur, save for the very tip which was colored red like her hair. Unlike Keaton's thumping tail, Pascal's swayed inquisitively from side to side while she observing the sleepy purring lump that the wolfskin carried. The orange cat was adorable...! Did it come with the box?

"Well, it won't turn cats who are already cats into cats, so should we keep this one safe by putting it into the box while we look around, meow?" The woman held the box out. "I'm glad you find this room interesting! There's many places to hide... And I get a lot of work done here!"

To prove her point, Pascal quickly scrambled up one of the junk piles, box containing the cat held underhand. She perched lazily at the top of the mountain, surveying her kingdom.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

<Location: Gateway -> Stables>
<Agents: Xander>
<Other Participants: Soren, Sieghorse>

~~

The stables? Illidan hadn't expected anyone around here to be used to any sort of mount, and if the word was what he thought it was, a stable usually meant there was at least one horse present. He follows Xander as the two go to the stables, wincing a little at the smell of hay and that heavy musk he could only guess belonged to the horses. He watched carefully...

...and was a little surprised. Soren was... really big. Probably big enough for Illidan to ride on, now that he thought about it, but sweet Elune, he hadn't expected a horse to be so large!

"Glaring like a demon, huh? Could've fooled me... Then again, I can't exactly see his glare, so..." Illidan shrugged, looking at what he could see of Soren. Yep, that horse definitely looked large enough to be able to fit Illidan on his back...

That was, of course, assuming he'd let the half-demon ride him. But that'd have to come at another time.

Illidan then watched as Xander interacted with the only other horse in the stables. Quite affectionately, as well... so it didn't surprise Illidan too much when Xander referred to this horse as his partner.

He then heard Xander ask if he had experiences with horses. Or any mounts, for that matter. "Well... not horses, exactly, but I have ridden plenty of nightsabers in the days before I became a Demon Hunter. They're, um... They're a kind of big cat native to Azeroth, my home world. Kind of like sabertoothed tigers, but with a panther's colors... Does any of that make sense? Anyway, the nightsaber is the mount of choice for the Kaldorei - the Night Elf people... My former people before the whole 'Demon Hunter' thing happened..."

Illidan's face sours a little - the events leading to his exile from Kaldorei society were a bit of a sore spot. "I... don't exactly like talking about it." And he left it at that.

...and he hoped Soren didn't try to eat his hair.

<Location: Stables>
<Agents: Xander>
<Other Participants: Soren | Sieghorse>

~~

At least Xander was considerate of Illidan's feelings. Someday... Someday he would tell the King his past. It was only fair, after all, but that day was obviously not today. Still, Xander was a curious soul, Illidan could tell, and it reminded the Demon Hunter much of his younger days prior to being a Demon Hunter. To think 10,000 years had passed so quickly in that rotten cell...

No, Illidan, don't dwell on the past. This... might be your chance to redeem yourself, he thought. Perhaps, through this Extra-Dimensional Restoration Squad...

Perhaps he could start over. Be a good guy. Be someone who was liked. Who was truly a hero.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Xander asking about the nightsabers as a species. "It's not that complicated, really - nightsabers are a kind of big cat native to Kalimdor, on my homeworld of Azeroth, known for its dark panther-like color. In fact, it's also known as one of Kalimdor's most vicious predators... at least, in the wild.

"They've been domesticated by the Kaldorei people for use as mounts, companions, and battle partners, and have been a part of Kaldorei culture for... well, as long as the Kaldorei have existed, most likely. That's at least 10,000 years, if not several thousand more. The nightsabers are known for their speed and agility both inside and out of combat, with some even being able to blend into the shadows themselves. If I remember Azeroth's people correctly, nightsabers are as common to the Kaldorei as horses are to humans.

"There's a white verison with black stripes known as the frostsaber, but as far as I know, wild frostsabers are only found in cold, snowy climates. In spite of this, they retain the speed, agility, and ferocity of their nightsaber cousins.

"I hope that answers your question, Xander." Illidan let out a small sigh. Good gods, he wasn't used to this "socializing" thing...

...but, somehow, speaking with Xander made it more bearable.

Yes... perhaps I can start over here...

Png

Twilight Sparkle - Dining Hall

[ MISSION 2 RECAP ] - [time|skip]

Qaksh and Light were the first to come to see her, depositing a perfectly round crystal on the table for her to examine. Even as they were approaching the table, the pony sensed the faint amount of magic emanating from it. The two agents were certain that it was an object that had a fair bit of importance, if not anchor-worthy. It was entirely hard to say, but despite her skepticism the pony agreed to hold onto it for now. The magi dragon wouldn't stop stuttering about it and couldn't seem to get his thoughts out in a coherent way, and Twilight told Qaksh to calm down and get his bearings and save his explanation for the wrap-up meeting. Since it was a mock mission, it only felt right to also do a mock debriefing involving everyone so they could get the full XDRS experience.

Twilight sent a Luma to gather the involved parties.

Just as the star left through the doors, Natsuki entered, followed by another figure in orange. Twilight couldn't believe it at first, but she quickly jumped down from her seat to greet Raine, the returning agent, whose expression softened upon seeing Twilight again. The half-elf knelt down to let the pony affectionately nuzzle against her cheek.

"Could I have a moment with you?" Raine asked while she had her close. "In private, preferably."

"We could do that after the debriefing, since I did call a meeting just now," Twilight answered. "Everyone should be arriving quite soon."

Satisfied, Raine nodded and rose from her hug. "It's... a pleasure to see you again."

~~~

<Mission 02 RECAP START>

Participants: Twilight, Pascal, Evonna, Chikako, Qaksh, Light, Xander, Natsuki, Illidan, Raine, Anders, Keaton, Ray, Bowser

Judging by the condition of everyone around the long table, Twilight had the feeling that it was no ordinary grocery run. As usual, she had set tea out for the visitors, the drinks paired with the sweet scent of filling the air.

That knife that Kelsier stabbed into the table was still there. Twilight hadn't removed it yet. It was quite the fixture.

"So... how was it?" The pony was almost afraid to ask the question, given how worn out all the agents, new and old, looked. Especially Xander -- he had looked like he had been dragged through a forest and a half. "Did everyone have... fun? Last I went to the market, it was really beautiful!"

Ray looks to both sides of her from her seat. Now that it was mentioned, most of the people present were a mess! What the heck had they gotten into?

The mission was… productive.”  Xander bit his lip, tapping his fingers along the table. Truth be told he did believe the fight with the ice dragon to be useful to an extent. He knew who was trying to hurt Reshiram and their face had been seared into his brain. They wouldn’t so much as breathe the same air of Reshiram if Xander had a say in it, but unfortunately he had no idea if or when the ice dragon would show up next. Xander’s fingers ceased tapping, now laying flat on the table. He straightened his back, making himself more presentable before speaking.

“I cannot speak for everyone here, but the agents I was with were involved in several skirmishes. Someone was targeting Reshiram and managed to kidnap them for a period of time before we managed to rescue them. The marketplace police got involved, but they gave us no trouble.” Xander folded his hands together on the table. “I can see if the police publish any public records of the incident to give us more insight on what happened, and I can divulge everything I know into a written report if needed.” Xander paused. Twilight seemed nervous to speak of the mission and, knowing the pony, she probably didn’t want Xander’s report to end on a down note.

On the bright side, nothing else seemed to be amiss.” Xander added after a few moments of deliberation. “You’d be happy to know Shephard is doing quite well for himself. I personally wasn’t able to get the supplies needed due to some… complications, but I believe some other agents managed to do that in my stead.” Xander glanced over at Natsuki and Raine briefly before turning his attention back to Twilight.

Pascal sheepishly scratched the side of her head with a curled hand, guilty as charged. Even her grin was nervous, and the cat ears she wore drooped backwards. "Haha....! Glad Sheppy's doing alright!" Pascal laughed quietly to herself, before admitting her guilt. "So I didn't end up getting any food, meow, but I did end up passing by Cid's to get new parts for communicators and stuff. On the way back, I met up with Evonna here and her friend Chikako, who wanted to see this place! We were on our way to help out Xander... though when we got there he already had the situation all purrfectly under control."

Evonna grinned for a moment, thankful for the acknowledgement. She smelled something in the kitchen and felt her phone vibrate, and she quietly swore under her breath and quietly slipped into the kitchen to check on the cookies. Chikako held back the urge to let out a giggle. Still, she was interested in the craziness the blonde king’s group had gone through. She was also amused at Pascal’s eccentric nature. Chika had to admit to herself, she quite liked this group already.

Raine just shook her head. She was puzzled over what kind of strange experiment Pascal was up to this time, but decided not to pursue it right now. "Natsuki and I did manage to get some edible staples after the police altercation, most of which should hopefully last us a good while. After returning, we led Reshiram back to their room to rest. They should be safe with us for now."

"Edible staples...?!" Qaksh interjected. Knowing Raine, she would be the type to make them all eat actual nails. "I'm a dragon, but I don't think I could digest metal... and oh yes! Light and I got some big fruit and a... and an orb." He let his tongue hang partially out of his mouth. "It felt real important, Twi-Twilight, and has some sort of healing energy to it."

Natsuki blinked, taking a moment to understand why Qaksh was suddenly talking about metal. “Staple foods, not the fastening device. Potatoes, milk, eggs, lemons, and the like.” Couldn’t leave out the lemons.

An extended silence swept over the table at the mention of the citrus fruit.

Evonna slipped back into the room, two plates of cookies in her hands. She placed them on the table and hurried back to her seat next to Chikako, who gave her a warm smile. Evonna gave her a nod and offered her a cookie. Chikako accepted, taking a bite of cookie and closing her eyes in delight. Evonna smiled, at least someone approved.

Twilight cleared her throat to break the tension. "So much for a quiet visit to the marketplace," she mused to herself. Then, to the rest of the gathered agents, "I'd like to know more details about the kidnapping and the rescue. I think it would be important to know what we're dealing with when it comes to both enemies and allies."

"While you were away, Stan and Duke and their teams successfully returned with the two time-related anchors from the ashen world, one of which is that dagger you witness there." With her snout, she motioned towards the knife embedded into the wood of the table. "They've also brought back some people from that world who seem eager to return. Pascal, if you would try and help them with the gate, that'd be a great help." Seeing the woman nod vigorously in response, Twilight continued on. "Is there anything else that we missed in the main debriefing?"

“We got into a fight!” Keaton stood up from his seat. He held Anders from under his armpits, causing the cat the dangle in the air swaying every so slightly. “Well,” Keaton licked his lips as he squinted, deep in thought. “Ray, Anders—” Keaton wiggled Anders in the air. “—and I got into a fight. There was some weird inky creatures that attacked us. They didn’t taste very good. Kinda like the ink I tried licking from the tip of Lady Corrin’s fancy pen. It wasn’t very tasty, I wouldn’t recommend eating ink.” There was a pause. Keaton stared at everyone at the table blankly, as though he was finished speaking.

“Oh, we found a box too!” Keaton exclaimed suddenly. “It turns people into cats or cat-like people.” Keaton lifted Anders up and waved him in Pascal’s general direction. “We got it from a cat man named Ranulf! The magic wears off after awhile and I’m not sure how useful it is, but we can turn anyone into a cat at any time!” Keaton paused once more, staring at everyone silently before sitting back down with Anders curled up in his lap.

“That’s all I got.” Keaton said.

Anders let out a soft mrrph of complaint, irritated that he’d been awoken from his nap again. He shifted, adjusting himself back into loaf format, making sure to knead Keaton’s legs a few times for good measure.

Keaton stared down at Anders, his gaze intense. His ears pushed backwards as he lifted a hand and slowly inched it towards Anders’s face. Ever so dramatically, he gently pressed the tip of his finger into Anders’s nose before raising his ears, smiling, and turning his attention back to the meeting.

Anders jerked his head back and his eyes shot open at the unexpected pressure on his nose. Blinking, he saw that the object invading his space was Keaton’s finger. Huh. He shoved his face forward aggressively, rubbing the finger against the side of his face. If Keaton was going to touch him he could at least pet him properly.

“You’re being a big baby,” Keaton whispered to Anders. He didn’t mention that he would have probably done the same thing if someone pet him, nor was he going to bring up that his tail was wagging. Because it wasn’t. Idly, Keaton rubbed Anders face with the finger he assaulted.

Ray looked at Pascal and had to assume that she came into contact with that box, remembering her own cat ears and tail. “Yeah, Keaton kind of summed up what happened to the three of us nicely. Though I, uh, can’t exactly fight on my own.”

“Then how did you survive? You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have some trick up your sleeve,” Illidan rudely snapped.

“...with these.” Ray got up out of her chair, releasing her three Pokemon behind her. “They’re my Pokemon… or, at least, three of them. All the rest are back in Alola.” She motioned to each one in turn as she introduced them. “This is Malamar, this is my Incineroar, Akatsuki, and this is my Lunala, Tsuki.”

Tsuki was… pretty tall, even when compared to Illidan. The half-demon turns his attention back to the dagger stuck in the table to try to take his mind off of the gigantic bat. “...I bet I could get that out.” And before anyone could stop him, he gripped the dagger’s hilt and pulled, hard. It didn’t take much before the dagger was no longer stuck, and he sits it back down on the table, laying flat on the table’s surface, before sitting back down with the biggest grin on his face.

Ray couldn’t help the scoff. “Showoff.”

Chikako giggled at the banter, impressed by Illidan’s strength and gleeful at the suddenly cheerful atmosphere. She whispered to Evonna, “I think I’m gonna like it here”. To that Evonna smiled, carefully taking a cookie and taking a bite. It was a good batch, she had to admit. Perhaps she had gotten some good ingredients, considering she almost got ripped off.

Agreed,” she whispered back. Then, in response to Twilight’s question and following the little bit of banter that ensued, she spoke up. “I did pick up a few things before meeting Chikako and finding Pascal. I grabbed ingredients for cookies,” she nudged the plate towards the center of the table, “which I baked before the meeting. Feel free to take. And, uh…” Evonna placed the case with the pistols on the table. “I also got these.” Carefully, she opened the case. “As- er, a gift. For one of the senior agents. Um…. There was a scuffle with the lady who ripped me off when I bought the ingredients and someone I met, but it seems she disappeared afterwards, so.” Evonna shrugged. “It’s alright I suppose, I’m sure she found someone to cling onto for a while….. Yeah she was a bit clingy. O-oh! I’m Evonna, by the way.” Surprised at her own chatter, she quieted down. Chikako took the hint and spoke up.

Right. I’m Chikako. I assume not much else happened, but Ev came across me. We talked a bit, she asked me if I had interest in this organization, of course aware she would need to ask a senior agent, and then we went to a booth and came across Pascal.” The girls smiled at each other, pleased with their account.

"Thank you for your reports, Keaton, Evonna. And again, I'm very glad to hear that you all ended up returning safely even if you encountered your own problems. Usually, the market isn't that dangerous of a place, but there's always people looking for trouble wherever you happen to go in the multiverse..." Twilight shook her head, changing the topic. "You're a pokemon trainer, Ray?" she addressed the girl. "I've met trainers before, and they're all very knowledgeable, kind, and amazing people. Nice to meet you all, Tsuki, Akatsuki, and Malamar!"

Pascal leaned over the table to grab a few cookies, all while flicking her ears, curious, at the appearance of Ray's pokemon.

"And, Illidan! Thank you for drawing the dagger out of the table," the pony went on, impressed by his display of strength. "We were having some trouble with that earlier, but now we can store it away properly so we can return it when we get the chance. It is a powerful artefact, after all." Turning to Xander, she addressed the king. "Xander, I'll be waiting for that written report. If there's really someone hunting Reshiram, we'll have to be prepared for the possibility that something like this might happen again."

"I think we've talked about everyone now. Congratulations on your first mission and report!" Twilight struck the surface of the table with her hoof like a gavel, announcing the end of the gathering. "Meeting adjourned. Feel free to relax."

~~~

latest?cb=20170616021520

Raine - Dining Hall

[on to the next business item] - [somewhat anxious] - [but it's nice to see old friends]

Raine raised her hand and gave a slight wave to get her teammates' attention once the meeting ended. "Xander, Natsuki, Twilight, could I have a word with you all upstairs when everyone is done here? The meeting room is still free, isn't it? It would be nice to see what everyone has been up to, lately."

She held her gaze with each agent for just a moment too long, implying that she had a lot more on her mind than simple catch-up and reminiscence. The healer stood up from her seat and turned to leave. "Call Stan as well."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

0q22Qgc.png

eoTSNQO.png

♫ Name: Utakata ♫

♫ Players: ??? ♫

♫ Support: ???  ♫

♫ Status: Injured, scared, ready to attack ♫

~~Where am I?~~

“Are you going after all? With Utakata?”

“I still have much more to learn. After I have trained with my master and become a ninja strong enough to help restore the Tsuchigumo Clan, I promise to return to this village.”

“Good for you, ‘Master’!”

Are you toying with me?

“No, I’m happy that you’ve finally accepted your role as a master. Take care of Hotaru.”

---

“This is where I first met you, Master.”

Hotaru… Will you wait here for just a while?

“Is something the matter?”

I’m going to meet with the Anbu Black Ops from the Hidden Mist. I’m done running.I’m going to get their permission to travel and train you.

“Yes, sir!”

---

“The Six Tails’ Jinchuriki Host… “

Are you the ones… Who killed Tsurugi and his men?

“I’m going to build a new world. And for that, I need you. Rather, I need the Tailed Beast inside you.”

So that’s it…

“I’m taking you… Six-Tails.”

---

Hota...ru…

You… must live…

She’s probably having the time of her life, prancing around the field of flowers. Bubbles begin to float to her from the sky, she must be happy. Little does she know of his dying wish, that her master will never, ever return. His dear student, will she ever become strong like she wished?

He wishes he could know.

He knows he’s going to die. Saiken can’t save him this time.

Or so he had thought.

His head feels light. His ears are ringing. That explosion…. It was too much for his body to handle, even in Six-Tails mode. Perhaps his body succumbed to his injuries…. Perhaps, because the ground he’s on feels softer.

It hurts to open his eyes. Not that it’s particularly bright here, rather, it appears that it’s dusk. How long had he been out? Is he even alive?

Apparently so. It feels as if he landed hard on his stomach, as it’s hard to take a breath. What happened? How is he still alive? Where’s that orange-haired man with the cloak? Or his… companions? Shadow clones? That man was not normal in any way, that was all he could tell at the given time.

Nngh…” It hurts. Everything hurts. He can hardly move, but at least he can close a fist. His right hand closes around the soft grass underneath it. It’s a completely different texture from the grass he knows. Is… Is he really still alive?

But if he were in the afterlife… He wouldn’t be suffering this bad, would he?

He opens his eyes, despite the pain, to see a rather tall looking woman approach him. She moves in a way similar to how the thought processes are moving in his mind- slow, unsteady, and maybe a little overly cautious.

Who… Who is this? Utakata looks up at the brunette woman leaning down to look at him. Something seems rather… off. She’s looking at him as if she were a child, and something about her stance is… weird. Is she… Inebriated? Where is he? What is this place? Why is his head so cloudy? What the hell is this woman wearing? His stomach is killing him, his head is pounding… How the hell did he get here?

He feels he’s forgetting something important. What was he doing before he got attacked? Was he going somewhere? He remembers… something….

Hotaru.

All at once everything snaps into place.

Where…. Where the hell is she?” He glares up at the woman, more on edge than before. He scrambles into a kneel, ready to jump back up in the event this woman tries to attack. He’s seen the art of the drunken fist before, it’s unlikely she’d be a master of it but he can’t be too careful. She doesn’t seem to move, but she looks at him as if he has six tails. If only she knew… Still, this look she gives him stirs his anger. “Answer me,” he snaps.

Your eyes…. I- I have no clue who you mean.” Her voice is heavily accented, but at the very least he can comprehend her speech. He can't even comprehend his own damn thoughts right now. 

Hotaru. Answer me. Tell me where the hell she is.

Edited by Mikasa361

dcv6upi-4b7cce71-4526-46c4-9c6c-bb72c03e

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable; confused>
<Location: Dining Hall -> Gateway>
<Agents: Lara>
<Other Participants: Temeraire | Utakata>

dd3hjow-314592c7-1003-4fb0-be90-c9ed8776

Temeraire Rhowa, Warrior of Light
<Status: Stable; confused>
<Other Participants: Hibiki | Utakata>

~~

Hibiki smiled and waved at Scarlet after she left, and afterwards just ended up wandering the base a little bit, thinking more carefully about her situation. She saw Illidan and Ray pass by, and both of them looked injured - Illidan more so - and she briefly wondered what had happened to cause that.

But, no. Her own world needed her more right now. She needed to find a way back, ASAP. Maybe she could try going back the same way she came, and that meant going back to the Gateway.

It was worth a shot...

~

What.

Hibiki had not expected there to be more people at the Gateway. She recognized Lara, easy, but there was another guy there and he looked mad.

But what really caught Hibiki's attention was another girl, looking to be around Ray's age. Armored... she had a sword and shield with her... she was clearly unconscious... and then she awoke, revealing blue eyes with slitted pupils, brown hair...

And cat ears and a tail.

What.

"...wuzzit... huh? I could've sworn I fell asleep in the Hourglass Inn... I hope I didn't end up sleeping for several suns again..."

Then their eyes met.

...and the poor cat-girl seemed suddenly overcome with a wave of dizziness. Hibiki quickly became worried. "H-Hey! Are you okay?!"

The cat-girl stuttered as if she'd just been scared half to death. "...what in the seven hells was that?! You-- you were stabbed in the chest by a shard of a bloody spear! Shouldn't you be dead?!"

Hibiki raised an eyebrow - how the heck had she known that?! "...how did you know I was stabbed in the chest?"

The cat-girl looked embarrassed at realizing what she'd just said. "...o-oh... well, that's a bloody fine way to introduce myself, ain't it? Stinkin' Echo triggered when our eyes met, and... I guess I kinda saw one of your memories? Oops."

"You can see the past?! That's so cool!"

"Yeah, but... I can't control the bloody thing. Always triggers at the worst times, I swear to the Twelve... Anyway, the name's Temeraire Rhowa. And you?"

"Tachibana Hibiki! Or Hibiki if just that works for you!"

"Hibiki it is, then! Now... where in the seven hells am I?!"

"The Gateway to the Starry Skies! ...at least, I think that's what it's called. You'd have to ask Pascal-chan... or maybe Twilight-denka; she's the one in charge here." Hibiki sighed. "I was planning on going back to my own world, so I came here to see if the Gateway could also work in reverse. I found you passed out here, so..." She gave a big smile to the newcomer.

"Wait, if I'm in another world... By the Twelve... what are the Miqo'te here like?! Are there Miqo'te here??"

"...Mi-what? I have no idea what those are."

Temeraire sputtered in disbelief. "How have you not seen a Miqo'te before?! Aren't you a Hyur?!"

"Wh-- No! I'm a human!"

"...a what???"

...this was going to be a long explanation from both sides...

~

"...wow, I uh... I'm gonna be honest: that doesn't make a lick of bleedin' sense. I thought things in Eorzea were weird enough with fighting beast tribes and Primals and Ascians and a whole bunch of other auroch s****."

"...well, your world doesn't make much sense, either. I thought my life was crazy just with song-powered armor and eldritch freaks."

Temeraire shrugged. "Eh, guess I just gotta roll with the punches. I'm guessing I'm gonna be stuck here for a few moons..." The Miqo'te then turns around and looks at the drunk woman and the obviously-angry man. "...geez, he seems mad."

"Been like that since I got here. Maybe even longer. Probably a new guy like you, Tem-chan."

"...what crawled up him and died?"

~

<New Character: Temeraire Rhowa>

Edited by hikarinomemori
colored some dialogue I missed - oops

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

Name: Utakata and Lara

♫ Players: Temeraire, Hibiki ♫

♫ Support: ???  ♫

♫ Status: Lara trying to calm down a very scared, injured, and irrational man. ♫

~~What is that energy?~~

“What crawled up him and died?”

To that Lara’d have to agree. Still, something does not seem right. The way his eye color changed- from orange to a pale yellow. What is up with this man? With that she notices his stance. He seems injured- from the scratches on his rather delicate porcelain skin to the almost slump in his posture, even her in her inebriated state can tell he’s already been through a heavy battle.

Hotaru. Answer me. Tell me where the hell she is.” Hotaru. Doesn’t that mean firefly? Without an immediate answer, the man’s glare intensifies. She notices a strong sort of aura emanating from his silhouette, which makes her heart begin to race. If she doesn’t give him a good enough answer now, someone is going to die.

No. She can’t panic now. He’s clearly sustained heavy damages. Just because he has one last bit of energy left doesn’t mean she’s going to die right where she stands. He could easily run out of energy and pass out. So Lara bets her next move on this.

She springs forward, not too quickly but just enough to grab him and knock him to the ground. She pins his arms down and keeps her knee anchored in his abdomen. Startled, the man’s pupils contract and his irises return to the color they were before. His breath is ragged, each individual one short and barely bringing in enough oxygen.

Listen here, **** , try and kill me and we’re gonna have more than just a random cat girl in the gateway. There'll be a goddamn corpse.” She tries to sound menacing, but her pulse is pounding in her ears. She just tackled death to the ground. But now that the new man is no longer a threat, she takes a moment to get a good look at him. He has rather pointed features, and she notices the way his bangs cover the left side of his face. The wrinkles between his eyebrows are rather prominent. His teeth are on edge. From what she can notice, he’s at least her height, but close to ten kilos lighter than she is by the way he went down. Damn. How could she be scared of someone that she could easily take down in a fist fight?

Utakata shouts in surprise when he finds himself hitting the ground, hard. It knocks the wind out of him, and he finds his breathing becoming short and ragged as he tries to catch his breath. It’s not easy considering his heart is running a mile a minute. This woman is drunk, yes, but she’s got a good amount of weight on him. He can tell by her frame that she weighs more in muscle than anything, and the fact that her knee is digging into his stomach makes the nausea that much worse.

Nngh…. Get… off…” He pleads as the woman digs her knee in deeper. Whatever contents left in his stomach might projectile in her face if she continues. He doesn’t even have the energy to enter tailed beast mode again…. It’s not even the chakra that’s the issue right now, it’s the fact that he’s already been beaten down. Utakata no longer has the energy to struggle.

Are you gonna bloody attack me if I let you go, ya daft git?” Lara knows she sounds much more crass than normal. It’s not her fault she forgot her manners this time. She digs her knee in deeper, which makes the man wince.

Ow…. P-please….” Lara sighs and lets go. It’s not worth it. He’s used his last little bit of energy, she can tell he’s finished. The man immediately rolls over and moves to his hands and knees. He empties the contents of his stomach onto the ground just in front of his hands. Lara looks away, her own stomach lurching at the sight. She’s never liked the sight of someone getting sick, but she’d rather that than having him projectile vomit in her face. Lara sighs. When she looks back to check on him, he’s on his knees and placing a hand to his chest. She takes another look at him. Judging by his clothes alone, he’s probably from another world. And by his confusion? He must have just gotten here. Just like the cat woman in the gateway, this man seems rather freaked out.

Now who the hell are you? Who’s this Hotaru? And what the devil was that power just now?” The man looks up at her, eyes now sunken and tired. But he sighs.

Shoot.

Edited by Mikasa361

Karen and Nidrak

bHrJGld.gif

Allies (?): Hibiki, Lara, Tem, Utakata

Current Morph: Spotted Hyena

Nidrak leapt backwards, barely avoiding a Hork-Bajir blade meant for their eyes. Not allowing the Controller to recover, xe lunged forward and crushed her tibia with a powerful bite. The Hork-Bajir fell with a scream, allowing Nidrak to narrowly pivot away from a Dracon beam.

Karen busied himself with assessing the situation while Nidrak fought. It was, to use an understatement, bad. They were surrounded, outnumbered, and most of the Animorphs were already injured. They’d survived worse, but it was a narrow thing. Either they escaped and demorphed soon or they wouldn’t all make it out. 

Nidrak giggled, betraying xyr fear, and charged at the Hork-Bajir blocking a door. The Hork-Bajir Controller balked, making Karen think that she would dodge out of the way. At the last moment the Controller stood firm and struck out with her wrist blades. 

A fiery burst of pain concentrated on their right forelimb. Almost worse was the sickening feeling of the limb falling limp, every movement causing it to sway and tear at the remaining connection. Nidrak tried to look down and the grisly wound, but Karen wrenched it back to focus on the grinning Controller about to finish them off. He pushed backwards with their remaining three limbs, getting out of range of the blades. Nidrak would’ve taken the opportunity to attack, but he lacks xyr boldness and decisive movements. This deadly dance is xyr role, but the shock of the wound is clearly too much for xem. 

For now, Karen just had to buy enough time for xem to focus on focusing. 

It hurt to feel xem so apologetic, panicked, and in pain. Not that he wasn’t hurt too (it’s difficult to move through the agony), but Nidrak was always more sensitive than he was. He’d do whatever it took to protect xem. 

If he even can. Filshig, they needed to get out and demorph, but he didn’t know if they could last that long. 

The next moment the Hork-Bajir and the sound of the battlefield were gone. 

The scent of blood was still heavy in their nose, but beneath it was the smell of wildflowers, clean grass, and the acrid scent of vomit. Harsh fluorescent lighting had been replaced by the softness of dusk. The open sky was speckled with stars. 

They didn’t trust any of it. It’s certainly either a trick of the Ellimist or Crayak. 

What exactly the trick was wasn’t clear. They could see a furry, a teenage girl, some vomiting guy in a kimono, and a Lara Croft cosplayer. None of them looked at all like aliens, and the mix itself was strange enough. More importantly, none of the other Animorphs were with them. 

They giggled, staring with teeth bared and ears flattened. Blood matted their fur, both their own and from others, and their leg hung limp. Karen briefly considered simply ripping it off to get rid of the dead weight and pain of it pulling at the wound, but they couldn’t take their eyes off of their potential enemies. They weren’t at all ready for a fight.

weak or strong, carry on, show no mercy to them all

General Grievous - Gateway

Awakening.

Steam and hissing noises escaped from gaps in the enclosed metallic device, parting its hinges slightly.

After a moment, two appendages extended straight on both sides, articulating metallic digits, then bending at the elbows, before returning to a resting position. Soon, a pair of legs sprouted from the bottom, with retracted claws embedding themselves sharply into the dirt below. The figure slowly rose to a standing position.

A deep exhalation.

The yellow eyes of General Grievous opened, and looked upon a strange sight. A world with a setting sun, and a rocky platform surrounded by standing stones. He was in an open meadow of some sort.

What planet is this? No, it's too small. A moon, then?

Now that he was standing, the General felt a slight breeze blowing against his cape. But he had a more pressing concern. He quickly checked his belt, only to be reassured.

I still have my lightsabers. But then... How was I brought here? I wasn't disarmed or damaged.

No ships in sight. He wasn't bound, let alone dead. So he wasn't in the hands of the Jedi. But there weren't any space-faring vessels out in the open. Instead...

Humans. There are humans here!

Straining for a moment to listen, the General couldn't make out much. Judging by the sounds of the voices, there were four of them. Three female, one male.

Given that humans were commonplace, yet formed the bulk of his master's resistance in the form of either Republic footsoldiers or Jedi knights, he wasn't fond of them.

"It's probably best not to cause trouble for now." Grievous whispered under his breath as he took a careful step forward.

His bio-mechanical body acted the way he expected. Good.

Two of the humans now drew his eye: they seemed to be at odds. One was dressed in clothing that he'd come to expect from the Jedi; Grievous' hand immediately reached for one of his sabers.

... I don't know if he's Force-sensitive or not. But the second he tries anything, I'll cut him in half.

The General drew his cape about himself, forming a slightly tattered white cloak while he approached the pair.

"Where am I?" He asked them.

It wasn't really worded as a request, but after so much time spent destroying lives than connecting with them, this was the closest thing to politeness the General could muster.

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

Name: Utakata and Lara

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous ♫

♫ Support: Hibiki  ♫

♫ Status: Utakata: Calmer, but still scared and a bit nauseous. Lara: Rather irked by the entire mess.  ♫

~~Time for some clarity, I suppose~~

"Where am I?" The strange cyborg asked the entire group. Lara sighs, knowing it’s probably her job to tell all these new people where they are. She moves to the side to allow the man in the kimono to get up and avoid the contents of his stomach. Perhaps she’d gone too far with that one. And perhaps she’ll apologize later, when the man is rational. ...If he’s rational. But now she decides it’s a good time to do some explaining.

Well…. Perhaps it’s as good a time as ever to say this, now that there are multiple of you. It appears you’ve all been ripped out of your home dimensions, so I expect you all to be a bit frazzled. Welcome to the Gateway to the Starry Skies. Typically we just call it the Gateway. This is the home base for what is called the eXtra Dimensional Restoration Squad, or XDRS for short.” Lara looks at all of them, appearing confused as expected. She doesn’t blame them, she knows how confused she was at the thought of other dimensions being out there. “My name is Lara Croft, one of the senior agents.” Sheepishly, she smiles. “Although, I don’t rank very highly, so I can’t really do much except bring you to base to another senior agent, perhaps Pascal or Twilight, who you may meet later.” With that she stands up a little straighter. “And what we do is a good thing to talk about, I suppose. To make it brief, we try and handle the riffraff that occurs in other dimensions- return artifacts that don’t belong, make sure places don’t get destroyed, things of the sort. I’m sure somebody can provide a more thorough explanation later.

I apologize, you may still be confused. It’s alright, I was as well when I first heard about a multiverse, but it exists. I’m sure if you don’t see it now, in due time you will.

Utakata gawks at this woman in confusion. “The hell is going on here….” He gets the gist of it. He can see people from places he has never even heard of. But multiple dimensions…. Is that even possible? ...It has to be. He never even knew a cat-person could exist until today. Or… Whatever the hell that thing is, staring him down and placing its hand to what looks like a sheath. But he’s…

So very tired….

It’s been a rough few hours, he knows that now. And perhaps he regrets preparing to go into tailed beast mode, considering just how exhausted he really is.

He doesn’t even have time to kneel to the ground before everything goes dark.

Edited by Mikasa361

<Status: Stable; on-edge>
<Other Participants: Hibiki | Utakata | Karen + Nidrak | General Grievous>

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable; on-edge>
<Other Participants: Temeraire | Utakata | Karen + Nidrak | General Grievous>

~~

Okay Temeraire had to admit, listening to Lara explain it made things make a little more sense. To think there were entire universes beyond just Hydaelyn! Did each one have its own Mothercrystal? Its own version of the Twelve? Heck, she wouldn't put them past having their own Primals, too (even though Primals were typically bad news). "Ripped away from Eorzea, huh? Now I know I'm gonna be stuck here for way more than just a few moons. May as well help out where I can."

"I was thinking of going back to my own world, but... I guess the XDRS hasn't found that yet. Maybe I can help out around the base? I don't want to feel useless after all."

Temeraire smiled - she had to commend Hibiki for her friendly, helpful personality - but the hyena and the strange mechanical whatever-that-was were putting her on-edge. She wasn't even sure what to defend herself with if either decided to attack. White magic? Black magic? Daggers, arrows, sword, lance? Her mind was racing and she was very much nervous; she couldn't even decide on a weapon!

Hibiki, too, looked nervous, but at least she only had one weapon to pick from. She gripped her pendant tightly, but she didn't yet sing - she didn't want to accidentally pose herself as a threat if these two were simply being wary, as well.

~~

<Status: Stable; bored>
<Location: Dining Hall -> 2nd Floor Hallway>

~~

Elune save him, he was bored.

Not long after leaving the stables, a luma had come by and gotten both Xander and Illidan to a meeting of sorts, and other than pulling the dagger out of the table, it had been very uneventful. He'd been hoping to talk with Xander more - his world was very fascinating, and as always, Illidan craved knowledge - but Xander was about to be dragged off to a second meeting already, leaving the Demon Hunter to his own devices.

He figured that maybe he could do something a little more useful with his time.

He headed to the second floor, to the room he remembered claiming as his, and looked over the door. He wanted the entire squad to be sure they knew this room was his, but he didn't want to make the emblem too big. He looks over the door and finds a suitable spot, planning on making the emblem no bigger than his own hand--

Crap, I forgot a knife.

He realized too late that he'd forgotten to bring something to carve with. He didn't want to make the trek back downstairs just to find one, so he resolved to do it the old-fashioned way: with his own sharp, claw-like fingernails.

This was going to take a while and was going to get messy...

[Enterprise]

Enterprise grit her teeth, and aimed her bow. Her arms trembled, blood trickling from several wounds and oil from others. A distant shout signalled an attack, before the sound of explosions could be heard and a Siren went down, staining the waves with alien blood.

Her radio crackled, before she heard Laffey's monotone voice. "Siren battleship approaching, thirty degrees port... it's readying its guns." Enterprise looked - sure enough, the Siren was there. She drew back her bow, and fired just as the Siren did. A torpedo bomber dropped its payload, while the Siren's shot arced....

...oh, Creator. It was coming for her! Before the carrier could dodge, pain ripped through her left side. Blood and fuel splattered, and she felt dizzy. "ENTERPRISE!!" she heard Bismarck shout over the radio as she stumbled back. Hee fingers trembled as they clenched on the bow. Pain pervaded her body, sharpest at the left side of her torso, and her knees trembled. She caught sight of the wound, gaping and bleeding. There was blood and fuel leaking from a hole that left metal and organs visible. Visible --

She felt so numb. Far away. Someone was yelling, maybe Bismarck, but she couldn't tell what was being said. Her knees buckled, as her eagle, Grim Reaper, dove towards her as she fell down down down down--

But instead of sinking into the sea, she hit earth. The other shipgirl had suddenly stopped shouting. Grim's distant call sounded again as her blood and fuel seeped into the earth. Green turned red and black, but it smelled of peace. Was this --

Where her fight ended again? Yorktown... Wasp... Hornet... will I see you... soon? It was ironic, perhaps... The sun was so bright, and Grim's wings periodically blocked it. It wasn't the sea where she'd been fighting. Her eyes picked up figures and stone, even as everything dimmed. Yet she wasn't dead quite yet....

2400709b525471d0545110cc42056842.png [ vaccaria ; -- add. 0 ; for. h. t. l. u. ]

-- 树倒猢狲散.  ]

a tiny flame, planted carefully

wilts elegantly to the frost

a tiny herb, grown peacefully

welcomes the coming dawn.

--

The battlefield is alive with the sounds of cheers. 

Vaccaria makes a sharp left on his broomstick, the wind rustling against his cloak, as the pillar he had been flying past only moments ago explodes in a shower of rocks and a tumble of roaring noise. The Witch grips the edge of his hat, analysing the situation with a calm eye, as he draws to a stop for a mere second to lock eyes with his opponent.

Swoksaar's black flames lapped at the ground of the field, making it impossible to land safely anywhere; Vaccaria pitied the opponents of the Warlock that were mostly land-based in their abilities. The Warlock himself was seemingly unbothered by the status of their current battleground, remaining steadfast in one place as he raised a slender hand forward, the curved staff following the shift of fabric as the red eye of his staff glittered with forbidden magic.

Not fast enough. He would have to displace Swoksaar if he had any hope of uprooting the other God-Tier User, and for that -- he needed to be fast.

He draws himself forwards, pulling the cloak inwards as he rushes in the Warlock's direction, a fast hand enchanting his broomstick with magic as he does so. His growth of ice cuts through the Warlock's black flames, bright pillars rising from the dirt ground, and he sees the other man's eyes widen just slightly at his actions. 

Vaccaria blinks behind the brim of his hat, a brief moment of self-reflection as he realises -- this is the Magician, his true ability in battle, set free without the hindrance of a partner to adapt to. To challenge another Guild Master in battle ... it was the highest honour, and he intended to take it seriously.

He had to -- knowing Lord Grim was out there. He can still remember the clang of metal when he had battled the Glory Champion, realised the other man was merely playing with him even though Vaccaria had given it his all. It wasn't insulting -- no, of course not -- but rather eye-opening.

He is just about to leap off his broom -- to use the momentum of his flight to rush forwards and seize victory -- when there is a large burst of light, and he is momentarily blinded.

A disruption?! In the arena?

What could have happened?

When the light dies down, Vaccaria blinks, stunned. Before him is not the heavily draped appearance of his opponent, but rather a bright field -- not unlike the beginner's farming areas the guild uses to train in. How could he possibly be here? He had assumed such areas beneath him -- he is not a vain man, but even he has his standards ... 

This could not possibly be a prank, could it? Someone altering the battlefield arena to taunt the two of them?

If so, he is quite aware of who it could be. With that thought in mind, Vaccaria scowls under his breath and turns his attention to the gathered figures in the arena. His eyes wash over them; some people, potentially NPCs pulled from around the towns, and a couple monsters -- Vaccaria briefly rolls through his head the list of useful enemies, and, not being able to match any of the strange creatures before him to the names, decides they are ultimately not worth his time.

He is a Champion, a Guild Master, an important figure -- and there is too much on the line. He does not appreciate this joke, in terrible taste.

"I fold," he says, gathering himself; with a sweep of his hand he gathers his cloak to cover himself, raising Stardust Extermination up with the other. He tilts his head up to the sky, addressing no one in particular. "Troubling Rain, if this is your idea of a joke ... let me assure you, it is not very funny."

He frowns, taking a sweep at the gathered crowd. They seem to be talking, interestingly enough -- how had Troubling Rain managed that? What connections did he have? Suddenly self-conscious -- why, they were just Quest Aides -- at the thought of other people, Vaccaria clears his throat and stands up even straighter, his posture tight. 

"Please undo the changes you made to the arena," he continues, speaking at the sky. "I don't want to break my way out of here, but I will. I have a dungeon to run at midday, Rain." 

Utter silence. How could anyone possibly find this funny? Vaccaria tugs on the brim of his hat, feeling the familiar material to calm himself, before he sighs heavily. With a swift movement of his broom, he raises his weapon up at the sky.

"Star Ray," he murmurs, the spell lighting up the end of his weapon before shooting a star-like construct of light forwards into the air above him. Squinting, Vaccaria is briefly surprised when the spell does not seem to rebound -- it continues forwards, not hitting any hidden barriers from the arena, before exploding in a ball of bright light.

An extended area? How could that be -- unless --

Was this a challenge?

A new dungeon, unlocked through the arena?

That was creative -- he'll give it that.

Shame, too. The mobs looked so human. And one -- fell down?

A glitch, perhaps? 

So ... a terribly designed dungeon with mobs that glitched, interrupting him in the middle of a battle in which both of their guilds had been watching very closely.

"Rain," Vaccaria sighs, the name spoken softly between his lips. "I am going to set your bedsheets on fire."

Then, the Witch takes a step forward, towards the group gathered together. His abilities are wide enough and this is easy enough; the area seems to be a beginner's land -- most likely the easiest thing to glitch into a new area -- and he hasn't drawn any aggro.

Another step, and he sweeps open the folds of his cloak with one hand, the other hand reaching forward. He mounts Stardust Extermination easily, taking flight into the air, and then in a heartbeat he draws the red bottled flask from his belt and tosses it into the air.

"Lava Flask," he says, instinctively calling out his spells regardless of if there were teammates around to hear or not, and the glass bottle cracks near immediately upon being thrown, exploding into a bright ball of crimson as he swerves to avoid the explosion scattering mounds of lava onto the ground below.

Vaccaria waits, pulling to a stop as he watches the effects of his spell. Briefly, he wonders if the mobs would drop any good loot -- he would forgive Rain slightly for this silly little prank if the blond had hidden any rare drops within the NPCs' code drop files. 

General Grievous - Strife at the Gateway!

The Kaleesh listened to what the human had to say. Something about the XDRS and alternate dimensions. He wasn't really paying attention; not until she mentioned places getting destroyed.

Almost immediately, his mind made a connection to his situation. If there were forces beyond his comprehension that were rearranging the cosmos, and he'd been suddenly brought to this planet under their jurisdiction, then it could only possibly have happened because of the world-meddling implicating his own dimension.

The Jedi are all back home. As is my Master. What should I do?

Then, one of his audioreceptors picked up a thudding sound on the ground a short distance away.

I suppose that's how I got here.

The General counted himself lucky that none of his support functions had been damaged during arrival, and he allowed himself a short chuckle at the newcomer's misfortune.

The cyborg did not, however, get to enjoy this moment for long, as he immediately became aware of a new individual.

Yet another human, with fair hair, clothed in blue robes. Grievous was more hesitant this time. This one carried himself with a more assured posture.

"Please undo the changes you made to the arena. I don't want to break my way out of here, but I will. I have a dungeon to run at midday, Rain."

Grievous ignored this open statement, as it wasn't addressed to him. He focused on ascertaining if he was a Jedi.

Not every human in robes is a Jedi... Besides, the Jedi never wear hats. He must be simply another lunatic.

Then, the strange being raised what Grievous tentatively identified as a staff, spoke some words, and a blast of radiant energy fired from its tip.

The General's battlefield reflexes kicked in, and he dashed straight to the side, attempting to avoid laser cannon fire.

Definitely a Force-sensitive!. Probably a Jedi, too. After I've slain so many of their number, this must be a sloppy plot to assassinate me. How dare they even think to fool I, General Grievous, with such a paltry scheme!

The Force-sensitive began to levitate in the air - a feat worthy only of the strongest Jedi Masters - which forced Grievous to conclude that retreat was not possible. Someone so powerful would easily pursue him without a spaceship to escape in.

A then-impromptu battle took a turn for the truly strange, as the General's opponent created a flask of molten rock from some device he had stashed away, making the human unreachable from the ground beneath him.

His tactical acumen does not disappoint. I will need a running start to reach him, and by then he might have already drawn his lightsaber. And I don't usually carry a blaster.

My best hope is to distract him, and bide my time until I have an opening.

"And to think, I thought the Republic was all out of surprises." The General taunted, as he stared down his opponent.

w5kRGzR.png

2KD729J.png

Name: Lara Croft ♫

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Utakata, Vaccaria, Kardrak ♫

♫ Support: Hibiki  ♫

♫ Status: *Facepalm*.  ♫

~~Ah bloody hell I JUST went over this~~

Lara knows there’s trouble when a burst of light shoots forward and explodes. God dammit, she thinks to herself, I really need more senior agents here. Her stomach churns when she sees the laughing hyena, the one who’s barely hanging on to one of its limbs. AND we need a medic. Thank every god in existence Raine’s here now. One of my medikits is not going to fix that. She glances at the thin man donned in blue, now passed out on the ground. Whatever that surge of power was, it knocked him out pretty damn quickly.

The Gateway is on fire. This other young man, also robed in blue (does the color blue mean bloody insane? Should she start wearing a different colour?) just came in. He has no idea what’s going on here, based on his language. There’d be something gravely wrong if he started attacking with no reason backing him up, right? It’s best for her to say something, maybe if she explains what’s going on that talking cyborg would refrain from attacking the pale-haired man and making the situation worse.

Or she could be slaughtered trying.

It’s worth a shot.

Oi oi oi,” Lara shouts while rushing forward. “Both of you, calm down! This is all a misunderstanding!” She surprises herself with how composed she is, considering knowing her inebriated state she’s panicking internally. “I don’t know who you are, but this is not your world! Please stop attacking and I can explain what’s going on. But you are not in your own world! None of us are. I can tell you why you’re here, just please, for the love of all things good calm the bloody hell down!” She undoes her holster and gently places her pistol to the ground, putting her hands up after doing so. “Look, I’m unarmed. I won’t do anything. Please come down and we can speak face to face.

Sometimes she surprises herself.

0q22Qgc.png

eoTSNQO.png

♫ Name: Utakata ♫

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Lara, Vaccaria, Kardrak ♫

♫ Support: Hibiki  ♫

♫ Status: Ready to tap into the power of the beast  ♫

~~Shoot~~

His eyes immediately snap open. It’s hot, too hot.

He sits up and looks around to assess the situation. Utakata does his best to avoid looking at the doglike creature that’s losing its leg, lest he lose a bit of stomach acid as well as whatever was in his stomach before he came here. Seeing a white haired man, floating above the ground, and the weird mechanical figure trying to fight him send the adrenaline through his blood once more. He has to get out of here, doesn’t he? He jumps to his feet.

Or no, he may not have much chakra left, but he knows a little someone who does. I’m sorry Saiken, he thinks as his eyes begin to yellow once more, I’m going to need to tap into your chakra again. I may even need you to take control.

So be it, Saiken states, if you need me then use me.

I will, Utakata responds. He grits his teeth, feeling Saiken’s power rush through his body, that aura from the one-tails form once again returning--

Hang on,” the woman known as Lara snaps, anchoring a hand onto his shoulder. It intimidates him that she’s exactly his height, and at least a couple kilos denser. He feels the power that was running through him come to a halt. This woman could probably toss him to the ground again if she so chooses, and in the state his body is in, he can’t fight it. “Something isn’t right.” He gawks at her.

What the actual hell- Lara, are you trying to get us killed?

Nice of you to join the party, although you’re a little late. Leave the anger at the door for five minutes. I’m just trying to mingle with the newcomers.” Utakata raises his eyebrow until it feels it’s placed halfway up his forehead.

You’re kidding, right? These guys are in the middle of fighting and you’re planning on trying to strike up a conversation?

Well since you’re late, Sleeping Beauty, I’m trying to get them to knock it off so I can explain to this new man what’s happening. Now shut it and wait. We might not need your weird…. Aura magic.” Utakata is about to open his mouth to protest, but instead he clears his throat and sighs. It’s not worth it. He’s still much too worn out, and it’s taking him everything in his power to not pass out again. He might be able to help stop the fire.

Utakata shifts his weight to his left foot and crosses his arms. He might as well wait and see what happens.

He notices Lara taking out a small cube. He raises his eyebrow again, assuming the woman lost her mind. She seems like she knows what she's doing, though, so Utakata knits his eyebrows together as she moves it around in her hand and taps at it with her thumb. 

"Seven.... Eight.... Two.... Six. Should be the right code." Utakata looks at her in surprise when she starts trying to talk to it. Is that.... Some sort of communication device among these agents? It's odd. Very odd. "Oi... Stan... I'm going to need backup over here at the Gateway. There's- er.... There's a lot going on here. Some new people are here . There's a few here that came already injured. And- er.... It's on fire. I'm trying to deescalate but I'll need some backup here. ....Over." 

"....What the hell?"

Edited by Mikasa361

<Status: Stable; pissed off>
<Other Participants: Hibiki | Utakata | Karen + Nidrak | General Grievous | Enterprise | Vaccaria>

Hibiki Tachibana
<Status: Stable; panicking>

<Gungnir Symphogear: Active>
<Other Participants: Temeraire | Utakata | Karen + Nidrak | General Grievous | Enterprise | Vaccaria>

~~

OH GOD FIRE.

The latest arrival to the Gateway was all sorts of nuts, especially after throwing that lava potion and thus setting the Gateway on fire.

Hibiki looked towards Temeraire. "Now what??"

"I don't suppose you've got a trick up your sleeve, too, Hibiki? Use it and get those who are injured out of here." Temeraire started cracking her knuckles. "I'm gonna dunk that punk into next week."

"You're gonna fight him?! How are you gonna--"

"Just get the injured out of here, in any way you can!" With that, Temeraire started gauging the distance she'd need to get up on the newcomer's broom.

Hibiki took a deep breath in spite of the smoke from the fire. Calm. She had to remain calm. She could do this; she's done it before.

She gripped her pendant once more, and that ever-familiar song passed through her lips.

"Balwisyall nescell Gungnir tron..."

And within an instant, she was clad in her Symphogear armor once more, dashing into the fire to pull out both the injured woman and the hyena (since both seemed far too injured to move on their own). At least now that robed guy was awake, so Hibiki was sure he could fend for himself.

As soon as Hibiki had both of her rescues in her arms, she took off like a bat out of hell for the castle, using the piston rods in her legs to leap out of the fire.

...and then there was Temeraire. The Miqo'te prayed that she gauged the distance right and took a running start, relying on her strong legs to get the job done, and leaped up onto the newcomer's flying broom. If she was going to deck him, she was going to have to get him down, and this was about as good a tactic as any.

Edited by hikarinomemori

Karen and Nidrak

epr2ud4.gif

Allies (?): Hibiki, Lara, Tem, Utakata

Current Morph: Spotted Hyena

...Was that General Grievous? 

Well…. Perhaps it’s as good a time as ever to say this, now that there are multiple of you..."

What.

In terms of strange things that have happened to them it ranks somewhere in the top five. 

Top three, Nidrak argued. 

Top three, then. 

Either way, even if it wasn’t the strangest thing, it was still pretty weird to be teleported somewhere and see Lara Croft (the actual Lara Croft?) explain that she was part of some multi-dimensional organization while they were bleeding out. 

Speaking of which, that still really hurt. Waves of agony travelled up the leg with each labored breath they took, and there was no position they could stand in to lessen the weight of the leg pulling at the remaining flesh. 

Karen did his part to try to distract Nidrak, sending xem a gif of Kronk saying “by all accounts, it doesn’t make sense”. Xyr responding chuckle was a little hysterical and distracted, unsurprisingly. 

Putting that aside, they needed something resembling a plan. Demorphing had to happen soon, no matter what, but there wasn’t a safe place for it at the moment.

They’d be vulnerable during the time it would take, and besides, there was too much risk that even information in an alternative dimension could get back to the Yeerks. 

For all we know, I’m not even the only Yeerk here. 

It was a concerning thought. Unlikely, but concerning nonetheless. 

We can’t last long like this.

Dapsen, I know, but- 

Distracted by their internal arguments, Karen and Nidrak weren’t paying enough attention to Vaccaria as he removed the flask from his belt and dropped it. Nidrak tried to dodge out of the area, but it was too late for them to escape unscathed. They let out an agonized scream, both out loud and in private thought-speak that no one around could hear, from the jerking on their leg and the fresh burns on their hindquarters. The smell of burnt hair and flesh filled their awareness. 

It only got worse when a strong arm gripped them around the middle and leapt. 

Everything was fire and darkness and white-hot pain. 

They couldn’t see or think. The hyena was terrified by the pain and confinement, thrashing and trying to reach around to bite or claw at their captor. They barely had the presence of mind to reach forward to tear away the offending limb. It’s almost a relief to be rid of it. It dropped to the ground, limp and bloody. 

Instinctively, they started to demorph. Bones and organs shifted with wet noises that they couldn’t hear over the rush of blood in their ears. Their hind ankles unbent, further and further until their snapped backwards and became knees, their bones breaking to become new ankles. They didn’t get much farther, stopping themself before the changes could complete. It was hard to remember why, but they couldn’t reveal the morphing power. Not now. 

so charge and attack, going to hell and back

0q22Qgc.pngw5kRGzR.png

eoTSNQO.png2KD729J.png

Name: Utakata and Lara 

♫ Players: Temeraire, General Grievous, Vaccaria, Kardrak, Enterprise ♫

♫ Support: Hibiki  ♫

♫ Status: Not gonna lie, they're both kinda confused ♫

~~Ah hell ~~

Lara blinks when she sees Hibiki grab the injured and hurry off. Well, she thinks to herself, that’s just bloody wonderful isn’t it?

Everything is a mess. The Gateway is on fire, there are at least three injured, and there may be more if this man doesn’t bloody stop using magic to attack them all. The cat girl took it upon herself to jump onto his broom and risk causing an accident. There is too much going on all at once. She has no idea what to do. She can’t fire blanks to try and scare them all into paying attention because- yet again, something will go wrong. Lara is tired. She just wants to take a nap in Stan’s arms and call it a day. Perhaps she’d put on a movie or something and fall asleep halfway through. Who knows? All she knows is if she can’t handle this situation quickly someone will have her hide.

She looks down at her communicator, noting Stan hasn’t said anything yet. None too surprising, as far as she knows he hasn’t gotten out of the meeting. Hopefully they hear her, though. “Stanley, change of plans. Hibiki just grabbed the injured, it looks like she’s sending them to the infirmary. One of them is a hyena, looks like it’s about to use its leg, and the other is a woman. She’s….. Bleeding very badly, and there’s oil everywhere. I’m afraid of this making the flames worse. There’s another one here, he looks injured as well but seems to be standing for now. I’m not sure if or how soon he’s going to need a healer, but the other two need one right away. And I need someone here to back me up.

In her thoughts, she prays to whatever god will listen. She hopes that things are going to work out.

Utakata’s sense of panic is rising. Those flames look bad. He’s thankful the injured are bring whisked to safety, but what about everyone else? They’re all screwed if something doesn’t change. He needs to help put out the flames. There’s not much he can do right now to fight, but…. Perhaps he can use Raging Waves…. Does he have enough chakra? Can he manage? That’s his main dilemma.

It’s worth a try. Within seconds he’s facing the area with the mist flames and forming the necessary hand signs. Dragon. Tiger. Hare.

Water style…. Raging waves!” To his luck, a rush of water expels from his mouth and manages to extinguish some of the flames. It’s a significant improvement, but it’s not enough. He tries again, this time missing the fire but managing to knock Lara over with a wave of water. “....Shoot.” His body returns to a more tired state, the adrenaline no longer keeping him completely upright. Lara glares at him, but looks at the area where the flames were put out and nods. One more time she raises the cube a little closer to her face.

....I still need backup but this bloke just shot water from his bloody mouth,” Lara muses to the cube.

Edited by Mikasa361

2400709b525471d0545110cc42056842.png [ vaccaria ; -- add. 0 ; for. h. t. l. u. g. ]

-- 树倒猢狲散.  ]

a tiny flame, planted carefully

wilts elegantly to the frost

a tiny herb, grown peacefully

welcomes the coming dawn.

--

Surprisingly, the mobs move. In a completely unpredictable fashion, actually, and Vaccaria pauses just slightly to gaze down with a curious expression.

The strange metal construct -- capable of speech, in a language he could understand? -- unfolds himself, blades glittering as they catch the sun's strong rays, and speaks up at him with a harsh tongue. That in itself is enough to give Vaccaria room to pause, even as his flames lick the edge of his cloak draping down. Shifting so he hovers slightly closer, the witch takes a second to consider his circumstances.

"The Republic?" he repeats, addressing the creature, with a confused, wary glance. "I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean." This wasn't included in any storyline, was it?

Before he can elaborate, or his opponent explain, their conversation is abruptly broken by a brown-haired woman dressed in interesting clothes. A launcher? Her manner of dress somewhat resembled Dancing Rain's, but it was still much too revealing to possibly add any stat benefits. He could see no armour on her either. A newbie?

If this was Troubling Rain's attempt to get him to recruit more adventurers to his guild ... Vaccaria sighs, world-weary, before he realises he should be listening. Snapping back to attention, he watches carefully as the woman interacts with the man next to him -- dressed in loose clothing befitting that of a Warlock, but again, too exposed to possibly aid in battle -- before speaking up once more.

A misunderstanding -- one not of his world? Instantly suspicious, Vaccaria pauses and does not respond, not saying a word as he tucks his chin into the folds of his clothes, uncertain.

If this was not his world -- could he have possibly attacked wrongfully? But how could that be -- if not in his world, then where was he?!

The afterlife? No -- he would have respawned by now. Unless Swoksaar blocked it, somehow? 

He doesn't know what he could have possibly done to the other Guild Master for him to block him permanently. 

Suddenly feeling an urge to hide himself completely -- he is not built for this, and he simply wants to return to headquarters and go back to analysing the EXP gain per dungeon per level -- Vaccaria glances up, intending to speak, when --

Danger! 

His eyes widen just as he sees someone rushing at him -- really now, he drew aggro from so far away? But no, perhaps there is no aggro -- and he manages to sidestep just in time, boosting the edge of his boom with a sudden gust of wind to blow himself off the course of the attacking girl, taking a sharp turn that causes the edges of his cloak to fly up as a hand raises to hold onto his hat. 

This is ridiculous. He is confused, slightly embarrassed, and would very much like to discuss certain issues. The woman who had spoken up initially seems to be the most in charge -- after the girl that had attacked him and the other one, who had grabbed two others and bounced off -- and he sets his sight on her. 

He lands gracefully, if not a little forcefully; slicing through the flames that part at his sudden entrance, Vaccaria pulls back his broom and takes a few steps onto the ground at first, testing it. Satisfied, he draws himself up and enchants one end of the broom with an ice elemental murmured quickly from his lips, touching the end of Stardust Extermination onto the ground. 

The flames, already loosened from the water earlier -- so the young man was a Warlock after all, or a Battle Mage? -- extinguish easily as small pillars of ice sprout from the layer of frost spreading around him. Satisfied with his handiwork, Vaccaria draws his broom back and stares at the two before him. Placing the item horizontally, Vaccaria sits on the floating item -- his ankles were already beginning to tire from the effort -- and draws his cloak up around him, crossing his legs. 

"Please explain," he says, watching them carefully.