TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [IC - BASE]

Anders [ Near the Gateway ]

Justice didn’t become excited - he never did - but Anders could feel how focused he was on Keaton’s words, and for good reason. They could do something with this information. Find out how things worked in Keaton’s world, use it as an example, use it to prove that things didn’t have to be the way things were. They’d spent far too much time going over Tevinter’s history and politics, editing and revising every sentence. It had been so difficult to explain that it could be learned from without implying that it wasn't a deeply flawed nation. Keaton’s world didn't have that problem, unless it was harboring some dark secret that they hadn’t been told about. It wouldn’t have been surprising, as Keaton seemed more than excitable enough for it, but every nation had its downsides. They could work around it, like they’ve worked around the rumors of the Dalish exiling excess mages. It’s possible. It would help. It would bring justice. 

No. It wasn’t possible; he was done. Finished. He should have died, and if anyone asked, he had. He doubted that he’d be able to survive long if anyone realized, and becoming an anonymous healer was something. Plans could change, but consequences didn’t. There was no way to update his manifesto, and even if there was no one would believe him. He had nothing, no credibility, no evidence but the word of a talking dog. 

Do not make excuses when-

Justice was interrupted by the continuation of Keaton’s speech, something that Anders was grateful for. Reasoning with Justice was nearly impossible at times; he still didn't understand the mortal need for sleep, even after years of wearing Anders' body to the bone. Anders was willing to die for the cause, but not to die senselessly. 

He nearly choked upon registering what Keaton had said. “A dragon!?” Images of massive red beasts, all fire and malice and teeth, filled his mind. But that couldn’t be right- they were sometimes worshipped, yes, but only a madman would call a dragon a ‘friend’. It was debatable whether Keaton was one or not, but a dragon being royalty was impossible either way. Whatever Keaton was talking about, it wasn’t what Anders thought of as a dragon. “Right- yes. Maybe if she’s strong enough - politically, that is - they wouldn’t be able to target her directly, but they’d do their best to make life difficult for her.” 

There was another thing that he had to ask. Maybe the answer would make Justice stop prodding him. “Keaton, does your world have any de-”

“Oh hey, someone’s behind you!”

He automatically whirled around and fell into a combat stance, staff in hand. After realizing whom he was threatening he felt rather ridiculous, and more so for not hearing her coming- the stranger’s stance was hardly that of a rogue. “Who are you?” He didn’t lower his staff (if only to look like he’d meant to raise it in the first place), but his tone lacked aggression. 

[ the sea and sky : theo -- ; ]

Arch's laughter is beautiful, a tune against his ears, and Theo instinctively leans forward as the angel's strict facade breaks and Arch laughs to himself, bowed slightly forward in good humour. Theo loves these moments, loves when the angel's almighty maturity cracks and he seems -- so normal, so human, so flawed and delighted and all the simple measures of living a good, complicated life, and Theo lives to see Arch light up with joy. It breaks his own exterior, cracks the wall of paranoia built up in his chest, and Theo finds the corners of his lips twitching in response near-instinctively to the other's laughter. 

As Arch approaches and cups the side of his face, Theo leans into the embrace with all the pose and gracefulness of a pet starved for attention, Arch's skin warm and real and soft against his own. He brings his own hand up, no longer shaking, and rests it on top of Arch's, his eyes half-lidded and filled with utter adoration as he drinks in the sight of the other man before him -- slightly taller, even as Theo wears heels on the battleground, his blue eyes reflective of the clear blue skies in early morning, and stray strands of golden hair scattered across his gaze. Theo wants to reach up, brush the other's bangs from his vision, and curl himself into the other's embrace to fill himself entirely and only with Arch's presence.

So enchanted by the sight of Arch before him once more that Theo almost misses the other's words -- he registers that Arch is speaking, notes to himself that he should probably listen to the other's words, but there is just something so addictive about the sight before him that he cannot seem to focus on anything else. If the seas were to roar in response to his indulgence, and the skies shatter to pieces for his mistakes, Theo would not mind -- as long as Arch's hand remained tangled in his own, as long as he could meet Arch's eyes once more. His skies were there, not in the mortal realm that lay at his feet. 

However, Arch's words -- Theo feels his face flash in response, his soft smile quickly fading. His coffee? He is delighted that Arch remembers his morning habits, remembers the small aspects of their day-to-day life, but the casual countenance by which Arch complains about his inability to handle plant life is ... unsettling.

Arch's apology soothes his scattered nerves, the other's lips soft against his skin. As Arch connects their hands together, Theo presses himself into his beloved before him, delighted to be together once more, greedy for more, wholeheartedly thriving under the bright sun of Arch's presence -- 

Yesterday?

He feels Arch's fingertips on his cheek, wiping away the smear of blood, and -- 

That's right.

The day before Arch disappeared, he bought oranges. Fresh from the market, a gift from the lovely lady who guarded her produce against sneaking fingers.

But that was -- that was a month ago.

A sudden coldness streaks through Theo, and he stares at Arch -- unblinking, uncomprehending. Then, as if burnt, he tears himself from Arch's embrace, immediately backing up.

I thought you weren't real.

You wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you?

What mockery was this? Nyx -- no, Nyx would not play such cruel a joke, not when he knows Theo will not rest until he has found who it is he looking for, not when he knows Theo has spent decades upon decades looking for someone -- 

"I don't know what game you're playing," he says, voice suddenly cold and filled with ice, turmoil in his eyes like the crashing waves of water against rock. He -- he cannot withstand the beating such an ocean would certainly take against his frame, and -- this -- this is unfair. 

"But it's certainly not very funny. The morning coffee, the oranges -- that -- that was a long time ago." And at this, Theo feels his voice shake, despite how he tries to keep his conscious stable. "I haven't been back there since Arch disappeared. If -- if you're trying to lure me into ... something -- that's not going to work." He side-eyes his weapons, lying abandoned on the grass. "Stop it," he demands, harsh and angry, and upset -- upset that someone would trick him this way, disappointed that it was potentially someone who had known him and Arch and their bond, and most of all -- crushed, utterly, that it seemed Arch remained a fragment of the past he had thought he recovered. 

[ Somewhere outside - Ray ]

Ray tensed slightly upon the human man spinning on her, but his tone wasn't aggressive. It was a situation that was all too familiar to her. Just like a Pokemon, he was just wary of her. "Uh... I'm Rayla. I'm, uh... I'm from a place I call Alola. I'm new here, really... I was just looking around out here."

She paused, still somewhat wondering if the strange Lycanroc would let her pet it, but then looked back at the man. "Oh, yeah, what's your name?"

[ how dynasties fall : theo -- ; ]

Arch's voice in his ears causes a buildup of emotions in Theo's chest. He hates this, hates how small and unsure Arch sounds, hates that he did this to him when he promised never to hurt the angel. The look of confusion in Arch's eyes seems to spear Theo, a rush of ice turning his spine cold. Arch reaches up for his neck, and just as the angel covers his skin with a hand Theo catches the faintest sight of a bruise, fresh and purple against his throat, and --

What is going on here? He is frustrated, confused and thoroughly tempered by something he feels he should understand, and yet cannot. He sees red at the idea that anyone would dare to hurt Arch, at the knowledge that Arch is hurt -- and he hates to be the one that causes Arch's beautiful, sky-blue eyes to shake with misunderstanding, his voice trembling against Theo's ears. 

Arch's breaks their conjoined glances first, tearing his eyes away from Theo's, and the knight reaches forward in response, almost instinctively. It is as if Arch has slammed a door on the revival of their tender bond near-immediately by looking away, as if he has suffocated Theo of the oxygen he so desperately needs to breathe by glancing away, forever locking Theo out of the emotions behind his sky-lit eyes. Theo only barely manages to register Arch's earlier words -- Viska? -- before he is stepping forward without a care in the world, and he knows, he knows --

Even if this is a trick, some cruel twist of fate to taunt him so, he cannot resist the man before him -- he never has been able to, and never will be able to. He feels Arch's pain as his very own through the pitiful way the other speaks, three simple words enough to break the resolve Theo has set against discovering the truth behind this scenario. He has gone a month without seeing Arch, a month of constantly wondering if he was safe or not, too long to be filled with anxiety and that terrible, horrible unknowing that he has become too accustomed to. 

"No," he says, unable to dispel the storm of emotions forming in his chest, threatening to spill over, choking him with sheer intensity, and he surges forward, taking Arch's hand in his own and turning the other around to face him, just as he wraps his arms around Arch's secure, warm, beating chest and buries his face into the taller's shoulder. 

"I'm sorry," he says, and he means every word, even if this is some sort of joke, even if this is the enemy having somehow obtained information on what it was like when they last met, even if this is not real -- he cannot bring himself to hurt Arch; Arch has evolved, somehow, over the course of countless nights spent memorising the curve of the angel's face against the moonlight, into someone undeniably important to Theo, one of the few people on this earth he would leap into fire to protect. 

"I'm sorry -- I didn't mean --" He is trying to form his thoughts into words, unable to calm the pounding of his heart, the roaring of blood in his ears. It has been so long since he has felt Arch by his side, and shakily he reaches up and runs his fingers through the angel's blond locks, his face still buried in the other's shoulder.

"We went to the market a month ago," Theo says, his voice shaking, and it all comes spilling out -- he is unable, does not want to hold back secrets from the other, wants to put some sense of right into their current situation. "No, Arch -- the oranges, everything -- that was a month ago, and you've been missing ever since." His breath hitches as he speaks, and he digs his other hand into the other's arm, wanting to secure himself against the turmoil of his emotions. "You've been missing, and I've been looking -- God -- I was so sure something terrible had happened, you just vanished, and no one has seen anything --" He stops talking then, unable to say more. He wants Arch to speak, to reassure his anxieties as the other always does, to confirm his existence -- because this can't be false, not now, not when Theo has spent so much time looking and hoping and unable to come to terms with the fact Arch might be gone for good. Not now, when he is so sure he will crumble into ashes if Arch fades from his fingertips. 

~Edward~

Edward shrugged and opened one of the cupboards, looking for the best sweets he could. He sighed when he saw that they were on a shelf he couldn’t reach because he was... he was... The cupboard was just too damned tall. So, swallowing his pride for a second, he hopped on the counter. He took a couple of boxes, hopped off the counter, and left. Edward made his way upstairs, deciding to take a scope of his surroundings. It was a vast place, and in spite of the damage that just seemed to happen, it was nice. Maybe he could make a home here.

But when he thought of home, he remembered his little brother. Was Alphonse okay? What was he up to at this hour? Was it late at home? Early? All these questions popped into his head. Still, Edward wandered.

~Evonna~

“Talk with me?” Evonna stepped back a little at the creature that approached her and Sora. She looked at him, unsure what to ask or how to respond. Then she looked at the thing. It had a scarf… That was the best Evonna could register. She looked at it with nothing but awe. She blinked several times, not sure what she was supposed to think about this thing that approached.

Uh…. What… Are you?” A simple response, but it did the job. It summed up the thoughts in her mind— because damn that thing was weird!

Edited by Mikasa361
Y’all still picky hhhhhhhhhh

Masala (outside)

Masala was insulted by the human before he turned and walked away. He was very rude by calling her a non-fairy and simply walking away. She wanted to tell him off but looked at the human in the shadows, that one looked highly nervous. Looking around even further, she spied more humans.

“Hi,” she said, marching up to them. “Can someone tell me where I'm at? More importantly, I think that human needs help.” She pointed her paw at the shadow human, craning her neck up to look at the rest of the humans and a strange looking Pokemon.

Ruby (by the garage)

Ruby heard a noise, moving to see what caused it. She didn't really understand what was going on, but owls were smart and she wanted to know what was going on. It felt weird talking to things she had never seen before, what were they? “Excuse me,” she said, stepping further into...what was it exactly? “But can you tell me what a mission is? I really didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard some noises outside and thought to investigate.”

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Moments after Reshiram shifted, the Blitzle-creature started talking to themself. Reshiram cocked their head a bit, glancing at Twilight before looking away again. Then Twilight asked a question. Reshiram was silent before the feeling came. It was indescribable, it was powerful, and it was a reminder. What they were.

"Ye... Yes, I suppose." The white dragon's element was compelling. Though they were still nervous, there wasn't an invisible trap right there any longer. Nevertheless, they still avoided looking at the pony's eyes - before hearing something. Footsteps. A human girl comes in - Reshiram scuttles back, wings flaring a bit, and eyes her, a nervous glint in their eye. Did she have any ... powers like the other humans out there? Like before, Reshiram avoids eye contact. What does this human want now...?

((OOC: Telepathy is italicized with quotation marks. Italics without quotation marks are normal thought.))

Sora | This will take some getting used to...

"'France'?" Sora wondered. He tilted his head, the name unfamiliar to him. Maybe he could ask Donald, Goofy, or King Mickey about France and Heaven's Gate. Would they know anything about Evonna's world? It was possible that they wouldn't, if everyone here at the castle were taken from different universes. Sora wondered if Evonna's universe even had more than one world. Would she even know? 

A sound reached his ear.

Darkness shifted and spiraled into being.

The boy reacted instinctively, the Keyblade sparking into existence with the ring of light. He crouched just in front of Evonna, all of his weight balanced in his toes. He knew those Corridors, knew what came out of them - enemies. Eyes narrowing, he swung his blade forward -

A blue scarf.

Immediately, he jerked his arm upward, redirecting the Keyblade before it made contact with the Dusk and vanishing the same way it appeared. Pulling his hand back down, now empty of weapon, Sora stood straighter and folded his arms across his chest. The boy frowned. "Talk..." he repeated, keeping his attention on Hush even as Evonna questioned what the creature was. "That's a Dusk, a Lesser Nobody," Sora answered her. 

Unfolding his arms, he placed one hand on his hip and use the other to scratch the back of his head as he looked down at the tiled floor. Looking back up, he gave Hush a small, but goofy, grin. "Alright. Since we're in the same situation, why don't we at least be nice to each other?" he questioned. "What do ya wanna talk about?"

Edited by ValidEmotions
typos

Hush, Child of Void

So, the traitor had agreed to talk. As had his new friend.

Everyone needs friends.

But what to talk about.

"... Memories."

Taking a risk for its own safety, the Dusk floated a bit closer to the pair.

"Remember home?"

Surely Roxas hadn't entirely vanished. Every Nobody could recall their past with great detail, so no doubt the Keyblade bearer would also recall his time at Castle That Never Was.

Edited by Coryn02

Stan -- Gateway

Lara let out a soft but tense chuckle. Seems like she had an encounter with the man who had kicked him, and that curly-eyebrow acted the same way to all women. Figured.

"What will make everything better is a kiss right here," he pointed coyly to his bottom lip, the corner of his mouth lifting into a smile, before failing to hold in a snort of laughter. Maybe a few years ago he could have said the line with a straight face, but it did sound a bit silly now that he was a little older. "Can't say I don't love my women either, but it's going to be a pain in the ass if he keeps running around and drop kicking me every time I open my mouth. " He lifted his shoulders in a mock shrug. "If anything, kicking me in the face is your job."

"Speaking of jobs," Stan continued, "This world I checked out was a lot more dangerous than I thought. They got some weird hocus pocus," he waved his hands mystically while he steadily got back to his feet, "where they have some kind of telekinesis to pull on metal and deflect bullets. I don't have my glock on my belt, see? It didn't go crap last time, so I don't know if guns will be useful this time around. But if we can find some way to neutralize their magic... Then guns might be the fastest way to take care of them."

"Some parts of that place just make me feel uneasy," the man added, "and I'm sure Xker felt it too. It's like a medieval city straight out of King Arthur, but all dark and dreary. Still want to tag along, knowing all this? Still not too late to stay behind with the dog. Could be a pretty dangerous place if you can't use your sharpshooting."

~Lara~

Lara chuckled at Stan’s flirtatious comment. She tried not to let her thoughts wander- he certainly wasn’t a bad specimen indeed, but she had too many things to do. She swatted the swell on his face, but gently. Lord knew what kind of reflexes this man had, Lara would never wish to test those waters on anyone, even if she had the capacity to fight back.

Yes, I do suppose that I have something I’d like to put to those lips. I’m sure he won’t drop kick you like that, not if I’m around. He’s not taking my place, the wanker.” Lara shrugged. She had a strange feeling that she wouldn’t need to deal with that any longer- she knew that man wasn’t going to be a threat. Thus, she relaxed and leaned back on her heels. She frowned when Stan went through with the spiel about this world he had explored.

Stanley, are you implying that I’m incapable of combat?” She leaned forward and  pat Cicero on the head. Cicero knew from the vibes he got from his mama that that comment almost hurt. And like the good boy he was, he wanted to comfort his fren. Lara sighed.

I’d hope I could at the very least provide something, yes?” Lara pet Cicero again and leaned back.

I’ve gone weaponless before, Stan. I’ll manage.” She frowned at her gun holsters, carefully undoing them and letting them sink. She also slipped off her belt for good measure- there was no way she would need it with these shorts, anyway. They were probably her tightest pair- typically she wore the belt for a bit of style. This would not be needed. “If it’s no metal, so be it. But I ought to go.” She looked around at the newcomers. “Perhaps one of them could take Cicero and my things back to my room. It’s a distinct door so I won’t need to worry about whether or not they’ll be able to find it.” Lara took a second look when she saw something that looked small and squishy. It was almost like a teddy bear, but it was walking around. Lara felt her heart warm up when she saw it. She smiled and looked at it more. “Well hello there! Now what may you be?” Lara was not one to squeal, but the amused pitch in her voice was close enough. 

Cicero squirmed and yipped, slightly depressed that he lost his attention.

~Evonna~

Evonna nodded when she heard what Sora said. She had no idea what a Nobody was, but she decided the less questions, the better. The “Dusk” had asked if they remembered home. Evonna nodded, but assumed that it was talking more to Sora. So she kept silent, not wishing to interrupt.

Edited by Mikasa361

Anders [ Near the Gateway ]

The girl’s reaction was strange. True, Anders hadn’t spoken aggressively, but he was used to people doing more than tense when they were threatened with a staff. Despite her stutter, she almost seemed unsurprised by the situation. At the same time, she didn’t look like someone used to combat. 

He wasn’t keen on the idea of just blurting his name out again, but Keaton apparently had no such reservations. Still, Anders supposed that he had to follow the wolfskin’s example. He’d dug himself into a hole by asking Rayla for her name first; it’d be rude to not reciprocate. “I’m new here as well. Anders,” he said, cautious. 

Stan -- Gateway

"No! No... I didn't mean to say that you can't fight!" It was a simple misunderstanding and she had seemed to take it the wrong way. Stan let out a long breath, reminding himself that she was more than capable of a close combat fighter who didn't need to be protected.

Hmph. That's what everyone said in the face of danger. Women, men... they're all equally as reckless and ready to protect those they cared for, himself included. As much as Stan wanted to do everything so that his friends could be kept safe and out of harm's way, he struggled with the concept that not everyone was helpless.

From time to time his regret paid him a visit, reminding him of moments where he could have turned the tide or made a decision to save someone. They came back when he had nothing else to occupy him. He thought about how things would have turned out different if she had been still alive, or what kind of ideal person he would have become if there were a different outcome. From what he had heard from Twilight, the instability of the multiverse also meant the instability of its timelines, and in one selfish part of his heart he wanted to be returned to a time where no one had to die for his mistakes. They might not even accept him in that ideal world, but perhaps seeing it with is own two eyes might finally put his worrying to rest. 

To distract his thoughts, Stan focused his gaze on the brown dog, Cicero, and watched the approach of a small creature about the same size as the puppy. Stan raised both eyebrows -- the thing looked like a candy-themed toy for children, but it was alive and had spoken to them directly. It looked relatively harmless, but then again, it was entirely hard to tell with all these different beings from different places.

He gave Lara a sideways, somewhat questioning glance, before looking down at the yellow lemon-flavored animal. He never expected her to like the conventional cute things, but it was good to know that she would be equally happy getting something cute for a present as she would be gifted with a new set of knives.

"Hi," he answered the pokemon, "We're at the Gateway to the Starry Skies." He looked up, where through the blue light of eternal dawn he could see the faint shimmering of foreign stars. "We're a group of people dedicated to protecting the multiverse and you probably got teleported here by accident. There are a lot of people just as confused as you. It's hard to get lost here so feel free to wander around."

On the other side of the ring of stones was a tall man who was pitch black. Stan craned his neck to get a better look, then glanced all around the horizon for Pascal or Cistina, but the former had run off and the latter had left to do some preparations. There was also a pair of young men whispering to each other as if they were good friends, and one of them had angel wings on his back.

Seemed like it was just him and Lara stuck on gateway duty. It was the worst.

"Hey," he approached the dark man cautiously, unsure what kind of abilities he had. Stan cleared his throat before continuing. "What's up? The plushie back there said you needed help? This is the Gateway to the Starry Skies, and you've been ripped from your world by a hiccup in the universe, as crazy as that sounds."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

~Lara~

Lara relaxed when Stan clarified himself. She knew when Stan had made a mistake, and she knew by now when he was sincere. And it seemed that for a moment, he had something in the back of his eyes that bothered him. Lara almost wanted to ask if he was alright, but she knew that if he wanted to say something, he probably would. She smiled a bit when he started to pet Cicero, who happily wagged his tail. Lara looked back at the new creature and smiled at it as well. It really was quite cute, and she almost wanted to hug it. No Lara, personal space. It’s a thing. Instead she stood up, stretching her legs. While she was used to those sorts of squats, it always made her knees stiff after a while. Lara could’ve sworn she felt pops in the cartilage of her knees, and nearly cursed in annoyance. Still, her legs did recover. 

By then, Stan had begun to approach a figure on the other side of the field. She noticed that it was y’all and dark, and Lara was not sure if it was even remotely friendly. She instinctively crouched to grab her pistols, just in case it was hostile. One never knew, even in a place that summoned mostly heroic beings- give or take… Cicero whined, a little nervous himself. Lara reached down to pick him up, knowing he was probably scared because of the uncertainty of his two friends. This was an odd position, to say the least, but Lara hoped that if she needed her gun, she could use it...

Yusei | Sentience

The silver machine never answered his question, choosing instead to warn the duelist as it started to wake its companion. The man continued working, moving away from the machines only to search for adequate pieces of metal to make a patch job. Yusei shifted through one supply chest, examining the various sections in his search. He never did find out if it was Pascal or Stan that beat him to organizing the supplies in the garage but, given what he knew of the two individuals, he always hazard it was likely Stan. He studied the sizes, sometimes tapping a piece of metal. Everything was random scrap that several agents had picked up from different worlds, himself included. They never knew what they might need in the foreseeable future.

He looked over his shoulder, catching sight of the silver machine as it shook its head but otherwise was undisturbed. Turning back to the supplies, he selected a few pieces he could meld together before moving to another chest. Again, he shifted through the arranged parts, testing one or two, before bringing the gathered items over. Setting the pieces down, Yusei moved away once more to retrieve the last set of tools he would need to meld the patch job. 

The duelist flicked his blue gaze over to the purple machine again. It still sat at the outer edge of the garage but its eyes were closed now. 

Maybe 'it' wasn't appropriate to use for these machines knowing that the bronze mech was, in fact, a 'she'. Yusei had no notion of what the purple machine could be, what the machine possibly identified with. But the being held as much sentience as the silver one - as much as Yusei did. It was either that or whoever created the purple machine had an art for making the eyes appear alive

The silver machine... "What do I call you?" Yusei asked, coming closer again, welding tool in hand. No. Calling these machines by 'it' was not appropriate at all. All sentient beings had identities. It didn't matter where the being's origins lay. The bronze mech was female, the silver... Well, he hazard the silver machine was male. That still left the purple machine, with no indications of what the identity might be.

He set dark glasses over his eyes, the best protection an agent could find for the time being, and started the blowtorch. He kept the flame small, avoiding as much risk of melting cables as best he could. The mech questioned him about missions and Yusei turned the blowtorch off, looking away from the welding. The bronze machine's eye was lit up. She was awake then.

"Missions start at the Gateway," he answered, a faint smirk tugging at the left corner of his lips. "Her repairs won't be finished in time to catch the team before they leave. You'll need an agent to show you and escort you through," he stated. An open invitation. 

Circuitraider | Inner Workings

She listened.

And she learned.

At first, she watched the human's motions, his organic body language. Yusei's face yielded nothing that she could use in analyzation. But then, she was trying to work him out as if he were a machine, a string of programming. That wouldn't work. So, instead, she began to focus on his silence, on what he responded to and how. Circuitraider was not versed in understanding humans. That was always Bumblebee's job while on Earth. She just stuck to the machines.

When did you stop thinking organically?

Shutting her optics, she rested further against the frame of the garage's opening, the threshold centered against her back. She could stretch out if she chose to. It wasn't like the hallways, cramped and enclosed. The Autobot could handle it though. One leg bent with her knee pointed at the ceiling, the other leg was tucked close underneath. Her arms rested on her legs. Such a human thing to do. She almost forgot why she adopted it. 

Yusei was intelligent, unafraid of the machines. Circuitraider wondered why he came to so readily accept their sentience. Humans... So conflicting by nature. The children were ready to accept the Autobots as they were as organic machines, almost from the moment of meeting. The adults were... a different story. They often needed the most convincing if secrecy was out of the question. 

Machines are simpler.

You know that's not who my sister is.

Circuitraider's optics opened abruptly at the invading thought. An undesired memory. Internally, she locked it away again. Externally, she shifted her gaze towards the other three again, watching as Yusei started welding. Typheus was asking about missions and Yusei's answer came easily. The further explanation, however, was not important to the question. Was it?

She looked over to Typheus, wondering if there was something Yusei picked up on that she failed to. Were the mechs planning to join the current mission Stan had debriefed? It seemed coincidental, and very likely. If Fiddlesticks was so volatile, then it was sensible to put her in a chaotic situation such as possible danger. But was it a wise decision at this time?

Should she even care? The mechs were their own individuals and she was not a babysitter.

A small voice caught her, and apparently Yusei's, attention. She blinked at the owl, uncertain if it really was the source of the voice. And then it continued talking. Circuitraider blinked again. Humans were confusing enough as organics. An owl?

"A mission," Yusei started speaking, seemingly not missing a beat as the Autobot hesitated. "is when an agent, or a team of agents, set out to accomplish one job or another," the man explained, watching the talking owl as if he saw such things on a daily basis. "Some of our missions are basic supply runs and information gathering. Others can be more dangerous, especially if we've located an anchor that needs to be returned to its home world."

Edited by ValidEmotions

Angela Ziegler, Mercy, Dr. Ziegler

Another day, another life saved. Angela Ziegler, code-named Mercy, took a long sip of coffee from a white cup labeled "Self Healing". Currently stationed in the middle east, coffee was a luxury item that had been requested in the last supply drop. Medical supplies were getting tight, and soon she would run out of painkillers to heal her patients or give them a comfortable death. She looked out over the many refugee tents. War continued to tear apart the world she loved and called home. How quickly people forgot the terrors of the Omnic Crisis. How many countries were turned to ash as the robots rampaged through human civilization, destroying everything in sight. Angela knew first hand. She was on the original task force in London. Overwatch activity was already banned there, but Angela with the help of Tracer, Torbjorn, and Reinhart, saved the city from being turned to ash. Before the dust could settle from that war, new ones were springing up. Humans hurting other humans. There was no break, no chance for the peace Angela so desperately fought for.

She looked down at her computer, a freeze frame of Winston's face looked back at her. Bring back Overwatch? Despite the call, Angela, Mercy, had not yet answered. At the end, she had left overwatch due to their militaristic approach and the adaption of her biotic technology into biotic weapons against her wishes. Despite this, there were those who she had been close too. An open letter from Genji sat next to her laptop. She missed her friends dearly. If they were determined, if they were going to go into battle, she knew she had to be there with them. To watch over them, to heal them. If they died and she was not there, she knew she could never forgive herself.  Especially with the new terrorist group, Talon, on the rise.

"To heal is the highest calling." She mumbled her mantra groggily to herself, with more a sense of frustration then pride. It was time for her to once again don her Valkyrie swift response suit. She opened the trunk where she kept her Overwatch gear. The suit fit like a glove as if she had never taken it off. She tested her wings, her staff, her pistol, everything seemed to be intact. "Valkyrie Online," she said as she stepped out into the sun, a smile on her face.

No sooner had her eyes adjusted to the light as a bright flash consumed her vision. Stumbling, disoriented, her hand fell against something that felt like a cold rock. Shaking, she gripped onto the item until her vision adjusted. It seemed to be some kind of circle of stones. Quickly, she turned around to find nothing familiar behind her. Many methods of fast travel had been invented, but teleportation to this extreme was unheard of. Gripping her staff she looked around, trying to find a landmark or some other sort of identifying feature. She didn't have time to be lost, she was needed at home.   

icon-mercy.png

Sora | Too Close...

Memories?

Tilting his head slightly, Sora studied the Dusk with a faintly confused expression. "Yeah, I remember the Destiny Islands. Do you 'remember home'?" he asked in turn. Maybe Hush was just curious to know about Sora as a person and, if it was wanting to talk about memories, it probably had a past too. Did Lesser Nobodies even retain memories? They certainly didn't retain any emotions... Right?

That's what Yen Sid explained anyway. 

He didn't like the Dusk being so close to him but he did his best to ignore the itching in his hands to call for the Keyblade. Still, he was at a disadvantage now if Hush suddenly decided to attack him or Evonna. Looking over at the girl, he tried to play it cool and clasped his hands behind his head once more. "Come on, let's move elsewhere. Maybe we can find a place that's out of the way and continue talking there. Or we can return to the bedrooms... Oh! Did you pick out a place, uh... Hush?" His hands fell back to his sides again as he stood straighter. Did Nobodies even sleep?

Edited by ValidEmotions

~ Moira O'Deorain ~ Gateway ~ Our Guardian Angel ~

As she leaned against the rock and caught her breath, various questions had formed in Moira's mind. How did I get here? What happened? What were those things? Not that she could know.

Her curiosity soon got the better of her. She poked her head around the rock, and her gaze immediately feel on someone familiar, supporting herself with a staff.

Angela? Is she responsible? She couldn't, could she?

At least she's something familiar. Despite our disputes, it would likely be best to stay together, until I figure this out.

She quickly ran out from her hiding place, and grabbed Mercy's wrist with her right hand. Moira then pulled her back behind the stone.

"Calm yourself," she cooed.

Angela Ziegler, Mercy, Dr. Ziegler

Before Mercy had a chance to make any determinations about her surrounds, she felt a tug on her wrist. Suddenly, her back was pressed against the stone. Pinned, she looked up to find a familiar face looking down at her. 

"Calm yourself," she cooed.

Hot blush found it's way onto Mercy's cheeks and a chill ran down her spin. Moria O'Deorain, Once a brilliant and highly respected scientist, she had fallen so far. A previous Overwatch agent, Moria was removed from her position after experimenting on others, and herself, as well as adapting Mercy's biotechnology into bio weapons, something she felt strongly about. Following that she began work for the Viscar, a cold and uncaring organization that only had time for the best the humanity could provide, and anything else was to be destroyed, until she finally disappeared.

Moira was a cold, calculating women with no ethics. A polar opposite to Mercy in every way. There was something electrifying in that difference, but even more so frightening. Talon. The thought made her blood run cold. The terrorist organization that had sworn to destroy every overwatch agent. Surely Moria was a member of their ranks, and now she had her alone, disoriented, and pinned to a rock. A bead of sweat ran down Mercy's face. She was a battle medical, and nothing more. Isn't there some kind of truce not to attack healers?

Mercy reached for her caduceus blaster, gripping the handle. "H....hero's never die..." She squeaked and pointed her blaster at Moira, her eyes squeezed shut and head turned away, pointed down and to the left. She doubted she could even put up a fight against Moira if she struggled with every fiber of her being. Her hand was shaking violently as she tried to hold onto the gun.

icon-mercy.png.89f3324d8261c6bf02564c7667be7c50.png

Masala (Gateway)

Flinching at the pitch of the female human, Masala looked up at that one. She sounded like that excited Skitty who was always running around and it made her incredibly tense. There was something that highly irked her and she couldn't place it. “I'm a Stufful,” she replied. “My name is Masala.”

She then hummed as the second human spoke, this one being much more delightful than the first and his pitch was much easier to listen to. So she was teleported on accident? “Do you guys have a training room or something? I will explore, but I don't want to sit down and do nothing only to grow lazy.”

~~~~

Philip (Gateway)

Jumping at the sound of a voice, Philip turned and looked at him. Did he need help? Well, this place was still bright to him and he didn't really understand what was going on. |My eyes are sensitive to the light| he tried signing to the man, pointing at his eyes and then making a blinking motion with his hands. He gave what he hoped what seemed to be a pleading look to the man, hoping he would understand. |I don't know what happened, but please don't send me back. I don't want to go back.| This time, he clasped his hands together, kneeling on the ground like he was pleading for mercy.

He gazed around the little bit he could see and he deemed it absolutely beautiful. His gaze settled back on the man, trying to figure out the next course of action should be.

~~~~

Ruby (Garage)

“Home world?” She asked curiously, hopping forward to have a civil conversation. “And what is the worst danger one could encounter?” She almost churred to herself, asking all these questions made her think about Otulissa. Perhaps she could write a book and bring it back to Otulissa when it was time for her to go back.

“May I be so bold and ask what you are?” she asked to the one who answered her question. “I've never seen anything like you before.”

Edited by Dalek Raptor

~ Moira O'Deorain ~ Gateway ~ Our Guardian Angel ~

Moira smiled. She'd expected Mercy to at least point the pistol directly at her. Moira let go of Mercy's wrist and pushed the blaster farther away from her. "I can tell you are pleased to see me. And don't worry. You will not die, by my hand at least."

She was loving this opportunity to annoy Mercy, even if she did have more pressing matters. She threw her left arm over Mercy's shoulders, and hissed, "You are much better use to me alive than dead. I'm sure you understand."

Moira then pulled back away from Mercy. "Besides, Angela, you always were rather pathetic." Standing up straighter, she looked down on Mercy, grinning.

Stan -- Gateway

The dark, shadowed man seemed like he could not speak and his eyes looked blind and otherworldly. In response to Stan's query, he had responded in a series of hand gestures and body language: first he pointed to himself, then to his eyes, flicking his hand then making a blinking motion with his fingers. Following that, the shadowed man made a series of pleading gestures, bowing his head and shaking it side to side in a clear no, combined with other gestures of bewilderment.

"Woah, woah, slow down there!" the older man said, showing his palms in a stopping motion as the other man had knelt down. He couldn't quite understand the signs entirely, but he thought he could recognize bits and pieces of meaning. "Your eyes? Your eyes can't handle the..." he lifted his chin and stared into the sky of blinking stars, briefly. "Can't handle the light?"

Stan's goggles weren't tinted (though he wouldn't have lent them to anyone anyway, even if it meant the world), so after a pause he flicked open a pocket and pulled out a hard leather case in which was a pair of cheap plastic sunglasses.  He offered them to Philip, adding, "I was saving these for a cool moment, but I figured it'd be more useful on your face than on the mission. Take 'em. Don't worry, you're safe here. There's not much that can hurt you... natively, at least."

"Hey girls!" Stan suddenly spoke up and shouted to the air, not even bothering to turn around. "You don't need to keep whisperin' behind that rock."

Twilight -- Dining Hall

Twilight analyzed the event in depth, drawing her conclusions. The boy who was now a dragon of fur and feather seemed a little more relaxed right now, and a voice echoed through her head. Perking her ears up in attention, Twilight's eyes glimmered in excitement. They could speak telepathically in this form, and it was great news to know that her words weren't lost on them, just that they could not speak in human form for one reason or another. Recalling the awkward moments she had when she was briefly turned human -- although she would rather have forgotten the initial embarrassment -- it was no wonder that the dragon felt so nervous while small and without wings, claws, or a voice.

"You can speak," she reaffirmed. "What's your name?"

During this time, a human girl had wandered into the dining hall. Twilight didn't recall seeing her at the general meeting, and she wasn't entirely sure if she had encountered any other agents or gotten a briefing from anyone, but she seemed to be caught in her own world and admiring the architecture.

Twilight had been told that the place was rather bare, and everyone had different tastes when it came to castles. She was just happy to get this place for free.

"Hi," she greeted. "I didn't see you at the tea party. You're new, I presume? I'm-- " While addressing Hibiki, the pony felt something unexpected brush along one of her legs. She let out a startled cry, her wings snapping open to help her keep balance as she reared up. She was careful to avoid accidentally trampling the white cat slipping between her hooves when she placed her feet back on the ground. Where did that animal come from?

Edited by TehUltimateMage

~Lara~

Lara noted that the adorable creature flinched, and she backpedaled a bit. “Oh…er… My apologies.” She glanced at Stan, who seemed distracted by the dark shadowy figure. Making sure to shove her slight embarrassment out of her mind, Lara decided to answer Masala’s inquiry, making sure her voice didn’t raise to that undignified extent again. “Well, we currently do not have any rooms. Typically we train outside. Though I am currently considering creating one. Training in harsh weather isn’t always ideal, but everyone else has other priorities. I’ll figure something out, I’m sure.Hopefully that didn’t make you sound like a prick. It’s preferable that the cute cuddly thing not have a reason to kill you.

She then faced the shadowy man, noticing it did not seem to speak. It seemed to make some sort of sign language- what kind though? Was that ASL? Lara had to make a note to study that sometime. She was certain that it would prove useful around these parts. However, she did pick up small pieces of the figure’s meaning- it didn’t like the light one bit. It could not see. Stan had given it a pair of sunglasses, and Lara smiled in amusement. The glasses seemed to blend right into its face. Of course, she then winced when Stan suddenly yelled towards the rocks. She gave him the death glare, which still probably meant little as Stan usually just laughed it off.

Edited by Mikasa361

Aeoleus & Audrey // Collabs are fun

"...Huh?! You understood me...?"

Aeolus seems to be trying to quell his shocked emotion.

"... My name is Aeolus. I'm an Espeon from the Unova region... you said this was XDRS headquarters and that they were a... transdimensional group, correct?"

Audrey nods in understanding. "It's a lot to take in, I know. "

She waves a hand in the air dismissively, as if to demonstrate how little all this made sense to her as well.

"Basically, the universe is breaking itself, and the XDRS' goal is to set things right again. For whatever reason, you have ended up here. Fate, as it were."

Aeolus rocks back on his feet, confused. "I thought Palkia ruled over space... why is...."

The woman offers Aeoleus a wry smile.

"A friend of mine already works here. She gave me an explanation, since I'm planning to join."

"The basic story is this: Across the dimensions of the known universe are objects of great power called 'anchors'. Their purpose is to ensure that each reality is stable, and won't collide with any of the others. But now, the worlds have started to disappear, mostly because the anchors have started to disappear. The XDRS works to put the anchors back and help those who've lost their homes in the process of anchor disappearance."

Aeolus looks shocked. He quashes it, and seems to be considering the situation.

"Worlds disappearing.... Wow."

Audrey's only physical response is a shrug.

"Pretty crazy, yeah. A few weeks ago, I thought a Bone Bearer would be the scariest thing I'd ever have to deal with."

Aeolus pauses uncertainty.

"...I thought the regular Pokémon battles would be all I ever got involved in."

The grave robber tilts her head, an expression of intrigue on her face.

"I'm not familiar with that term. Maybe when we go inside, I can tell you about my world, and you can tell me about yours.

Aeolus blinks. "Huh... yeah."

He looks a bit taken aback, as though he's finally realised just how big this is. The Espeon looks around.

"We're going into that castle?"

"You bet! That's the XDRS headquarters. Anyone who's suffered world displacement is welcome to stay there until they can get home again. The organization's members also live and work there when they aren't on missions to other realms."

"Ah - alright."

Aeolus nods and heads towards the castle doors.

Audrey follows behind him, silently checking her person in case she'd forgotten some of her weaponry. She hadn't.

The doors are open. Aeolus looks a bit puzzled. "Why would someone leave their door open?"

"Today's the day they're expecting us. For some reason, the universe likes to drop everyone here at once."

"...Ah. I wonder why." Aeolus goes in a bit warily.