TehUltimateMage

ANSWERED:Add font and highlight buttons to forum posts (More post formatting options)

There was the Forum Feedback topic, but it looked like it was started in 2010 for the previous time the boards got updated. I thought a new topic would get more visibility.

The old forums had a drop down menu for web-safe fonts, and it would be really nice to have that back for formatting lineage project pages, original works topics, and roleplay posts. Similarly, while the boards do support highlighting/text background color, I can only get that if I paste from an external program. A button for that would be nice too, and I think a lot of Invision boards also have both of these.

Failing that, could we get a Simple Mode that doesn't convert out all my BB code tags every time I submit an edit?

I concur and support this 125%. Actually, I was going to suggest Font options awhile ago, but forgot. =]

Yes! I would love some more formatting options. Like you said, there are many places that it would be useful and it's a cumbersome work around at the moment. 

I support this! It would definitely be easier to add some sort of design to our posts whenever needed.

2 hours ago, TehUltimateMage said:

Failing that, could we get a Simple Mode that doesn't convert out all my BB code tags every time I submit an edit?

Apparently not. I asked about this a while ago, and invision only supports wysywig editing :(

8 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Apparently not. I asked about this a while ago, and invision only supports wysywig editing :(

Dang, that sucks. At least bbcode still works one way.

There's only so much space on the toolbar; I've added font, but things barely (if even) fit before it switches to the "small screen" editor, so I'm probably not going to add anything else.

2 minutes ago, Metal-n-Monster said:

I'll settle for font!!! Thank you! =3

Honestly, though, font changes should be used sparingly. Posting everything in some different font, color, size, etc makes it harder to read things (monospace fonts in particular are optimized for things lining up, not reading body text).